Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 4/26

Whenever your heart starts to be anxious about the future, preach to your heart and say, ‘Heart, who do you think you are to be afraid of the future and nullify the promise of God? No, heart, I will not exalt myself with anxiety. I will humble myself in peace and joy as I trust this precious and great promise of God—He cares for me.’ John Piper

Our Christian friends can help us remain open to God’s work in us. Their counsel may seem like unwanted friction at times, but we need friends who remind us of God’s wisdom, keep us grounded in truth, and hold us accountable. Such accountability prepares us for the work God has for us to do.

All that concerns us also matters to God.

Knowing Christ is with us transforms us and our struggles.

God is with us when life shakes us and unsettles us.

Adversity strengthens real faith by causing believers to dig their roots deeper into God in order to withstand storms.

Aim to please God, not others.

After going through tough times, we should be quick to thank God for what was not lost as well as for what was gained.

I Am Author Unknown
When the enemy comes to us with discouraging thoughts and encourages us to quit our work for the Lord, it is very important that we renew our mind and speak the Word of God out loud so the enemy can hear it. The enemy has tried to discourage me many times and let me tell you, that when I stand firm and speak the Scriptures, those thoughts flee from me faster than when they entered my mind. Be encouraged and when in doubt, speak the Scriptures out loud and see the deliverance of the Lord. Believe me, it works!
This is great to read it whenever troubles came your way. I encourage you to print off a copy or keep it handy in your email box so you can get quick access when you need to fight off Satan and his wicked thoughts.
I AM...
1. A Child of God (Romans 8:16)
2. Forgiven (Colossians 1:13-14)
3. Saved by Grace through Faith (Ephesians 2:8)
4. Justified (Romans 5:1)
5. Sanctified (1 Corinthians 6:11)
6. A New Creature (2 Corinthians 5:17)
7. A Partaker of His Divine Nature (2 Peter 1:4)
8. Redeemed from the Curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)
9. Redeemed from the Hand of the Enemy (Psalms 107:2)
10. Delivered from the Powers of Darkness (Colossians 1:13)
11. Led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14)
12. A Child of God (Romans 8:14)
13. Getting All My Needs Met by Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
14. Casting All My Cares Upon Jesus (1 Peter 5:7)
15. Strong in the Lord (Ephesians 6:10)
16. Doing All Thing through Christ (Philippians 4:13)
17. Doing the Lord's Commandments (Deuteronomy 28:12)
18. An Heir of Eternal Life (1 John 5:11-12)
19. Blessed with All Spiritual Blessings (Ephesians 1:3)
20. Healed by His Stripes (1 Peter 2:24)
21 More than a Conqueror (Romans 8:37)
22. Establishing God's Word Here on Earth (Matthew 16:19)
23. An Overcomer by the Blood of the Lamb (Revelation 12:11)
24. Daily Overcoming the Devil (1 John 4:4)
25. Walking by Faith and Not by Sight (2 Corinthians 5:7)
26. Bringing Every Thought into Captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5)
27. Being Constantly Transformed (Romans 12:1-2)
28. A Laborer Together with God (1 Corinthians 3:9)
29. An Imitator of Jesus (Ephesians 5:1)
30. Continually Praising the Lord (Psalms 34:1)

IF... Author Unknown
If you never felt pain,
Then how would you know that I'm a Healer?
If you never went through difficulty,
How would you know that I'm a Deliverer?
If you never had a trial,
How could you call yourself an overcomer?
If you never felt sadness,
How would you know that I'm a Comforter?
If you never made a mistake,
How would you know that I'm forgiving?
If you never were in trouble,
How would you know that I will come to your rescue?
If you never were broken,
Then how would you know that I can make you whole?
If you never had a problem,
How would you know that I can solve them?
If you never had any suffering,
Then how would you know what I went through?
If you never went through the fire,
Then how would you become pure?
If I gave you all things,
How would you appreciate them?
If I never corrected you,
How would you know that I love you?
If you had all power,
Then how would you learn to depend on me?
If your life was perfect,
Then what would you need Me for?
"And he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will gladly glory in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.'" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

The Rainbow by Lynne Phipps
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." (Psalm: 19:1-4)
As we chatted on the phone, my sister told me about a spectacular rainbow she had seen the other day. It was huge and was in the field right alongside the road where she was driving. She said that she could see both ends of the arc and that the colors were so vivid she could do nothing but stare in awe.
At the same time, just a short distance away running parallel to the secondary road that she was travelling on, hundreds of vehicles were barreling along a major highway oblivious to the marvelous sight just a few hundred feet away.
As she recounted this story to me, I could not help but think of how so often I too, much like the highway drivers, succumb to what I term as tunnel vision. I become so engrossed in my own life, my own problems, my own desires and thoughts; I am so busy barreling dead ahead at top speed that I miss the glory of God's loving presence right here beside me.
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
According to Ps 19:1-4 the rainbow of God's presence surrounds us constantly. So today, as each of us travels along our own highway of life, going about our daily chores and jobs as is only right and good, let us seek to not only be conscious of our own personal world but also of the created world which declares the glory of God and the splendour of His everlasting presence with us. Let's endeavour this day to not miss the rainbow!
Prayer: Father God, thank you for the created world that declares your glory and proclaims the work of your hands. Help us this day to look up and see the splendour of your presence with us amidst the ordinariness of the daily tasks at hand. In Christ's name we pray. Amen.

NOT MY PROBLEM by Alan Smith
The Browns were shown into the dentist's office, where Mr. Brown made it clear he was in a big hurry. "No fancy stuff, Doctor," he ordered, "No gas or needles or any of that stuff. Just pull the tooth and get it over with."
"I wish more of my patients were as stoic as you," said the dentist admiringly. "Now, which tooth is it?"
Mr. Brown turned to his wife... "Show him, honey."
It's easy to be brave when someone else is the one experiencing the pain! I wonder as I write and speak about facing trials with a positive attitude if I could be so upbeat if I actually suffer the loss of everything I own in a hurricane or tornado. It's easy to be brave when someone else is experiencing the pain!
It's also easy to believe that someone else is the only one needing treatment. "Don't look at me, doctor. Take care of her!" As you sat listening to (or delivering) a sermon Sunday, did you find yourself saying, "I sure hope so-and-so is listening, because this is something he really needs to work on!"
Listen to these words of James:
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." (James 1:23-25)
James does not say that the word of God is a magnifying glass or a telescope to look at others. Rather, it is a mirror. And a mirror is only used to look at yourself.
I pray that you will take the opportunity today to use the word of God as a mirror, and may your life be changed by it.

One Sentence That Changed My Life
It is funny how an unexpected person can become your role model.
I had always been a spiritual person and had a very good life.
I had a wonderful compassionate husband and a beautiful daughter.
Life does have moments of sorrow and tragedy, though, a way of making sure you realize and appreciate the times of joy and peace.
After suffering one such tragedy I had I gone through a period of, well let's call it, spiritual death. I turned to alcohol to help numb the pain. I was lucky. I didn't lose everything most alcoholics lose -- family, possessions and career. I just lost myself.
I checked myself into a treatment center. I was still in a spiritual void and had lost all ability to pray. A man there told me to put my shoes as far under my bed as I could every night before I went to sleep. While I was already on my knees go ahead and ask for nothing more than the ability to pray, and do it again the next morning when I went to retrieve them. That really did make a difference. He is a very important part of my spiritual recovery and I will always be grateful.
But the one sentence that changed my life came from a woman who volunteered once a week to bring in A.A. meetings. She had suffered greatly as a child and on into adulthood. This woman had gone through so much sorrow and pain it was difficult to listen to her story. One night she slammed her hand down on the table and exclaimed;
"Why do you settle for crumbs, don't you know you are children of the King? Step up to the banquet table!"
Well, I guess that is two sentences, but it made such an impact on me. I was settling for the crumbs in life, all I had to do was take one step at a time and reach that table at which I was intended to be. I was destined to be at a table laden with maybe a little bitter wine but mostly sweet fruit and glorious rich dishes of which I was served by the King himself.
I now do service work to bring the message to others who may think they are undeserving of a good life. No matter what has happened in your life, no matter what you have done, that table is there waiting for you.
Don't settle for the crumbs of life.
Step up to it.
You are a child of the King! --A MountainWings Original by Michelle Kunefke

FAITHFUL INSTRUCTIONS Author Unknown
There was a man who got lost in the desert. After wandering around for a long time, his throat became very dry. About that time, he saw a little shack in the distance.
He made his way over to the shack and found a water pump with a small jug of water and a note. The note read: "Pour all the water into the top of the pump to prime it. If you do this, you will get all the water you need".
Now the man had a choice to make. If he trusted the note and poured the water in and it worked, he would have all the water he needed. If it didn’t work, he would still be thirsty and he might die. Or, he could choose to drink the water in the jug and get immediate satisfaction, but it might not be enough and he still might die.
After thinking about it, the man decided to risk it. He poured the entire jug into the pump and began to work the handle. At first, nothing happened, and he got a little scared. But, he kept going and water started coming out. So much water came out that he drank all he wanted, took a shower, and filled all the containers he could find. Because he was willing to give up momentary satisfaction, he got all the water he needed.
Now the note also said: after you have finished, please refill the jug for the next traveler.” The man refilled the jug and added to the note: “ Please prime the pump, believe me it works”!
We have the same choice to make. Do we hold on to what we have because we don’t believe there are better things in store for us, and settle for immediate satisfaction? Or do we trust God and give up all that we have to get what God has promised us? I think the choice is obvious. We need to pour in all the water, and trust God with everything. Then, once we have experienced what God has to offer - "the living water", we need to tell other people, “Go ahead prime the pump. Believe me, It works!!!"
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not on your your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will directs your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Continue to follow Me and do what is right in every situation. You know the difference between right and wrong, and you can choose to be righteous. Refuse to give in to any temptation that would result in attitudes or actions that are contrary to My character and nature. I have called you to be one with Me, and when we are unified My thoughts will be your thoughts, and your actions will follow, says the Lord. Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Everything that manifests outwardly begins in the heart. Don't allow your heart to become defiled by hardness or bitterness of soul. Be purified and liberated from everything that would hold you in bondage, says the Lord. Let sanctification and honor have its perfect work as you take control of your thoughts and emotions. Matthew 12:33-37 "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

I am bringing greater clarity in distinguishing the difference between faith and hope. Your prayers must be established in absolute faith, without any doubt whatsoever; according to My will, says the Lord. If you find that you are in a double-minded position, take the time and effort to suss out any place of fear or unbelief that would undermine your faith. Then, make the necessary corrections so that whatever you ask in My name will be done. James 1:5-8 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Do not allow provocation to cause you to react in the flesh or set you back spiritually. Wrong attitudes and behavior patterns will take you out of the flow of My Spirit, says the Lord. The test is to see whether or not what you proclaim or believe is genuine. You are My living epistle, an open book for all to read. Let others see Me in you. 2 Corinthians 3:2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men.

I will show you ways to get in order so that you will be more efficient and effective in all that you have been given to do. Simplicity is the order of the day. Be open and sensitive to My leading in this regard. I would have you be unencumbered to the extent that you can focus more fully on spiritual matters and spend more time with Me, says the Lord. I am calling you to come and dine. Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

Come into My peace, says the Lord. Do not allow stress to take you out of spiritual perfection and flow. Be calm and trust Me to perfect those things that concern you. I am with you and will bring you through in great victory. Let your heart erupt in praise and thanksgiving for that which I am doing. I am your shield and your exceedingly great reward. Do not be afraid. Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
The Lord God Himself comes to be one with you. This visitation and that which comes in these days will be overwhelming to you when the fullness of it falls and invades your soul and your spirit. For, the Lord Himself desires to come to you in unexpected ways; in glorious ways to bring His favor into your life. And, when that favor comes understand that it will remove you from the heartache of the past and those seasons that have been difficult. For, the hardness will fade away with the love and the glory of the Lord God Almighty as He desires to be one with you; to bless you, heal you, deliver you, prosper you, to lead and guide you in all of your ways. So, this day shake off the chains, break out of bondage. No longer be bound to what the enemy has done in the past season. But, now be renewed in the spirit of your mind so you understand what the perfect will of the Lord is. Understand that He comes to you out of love, and He has no condemnation for you. And, He would say to you, "Rise up now and walk in the newness of this life that comes and is being given in this hour. For, I have come to give you life not only everlasting, but life and joy and peace now. Come and prosper in your soul, in your heart, in your spirit. Be connected to Me. Stay with Me. I will lead you and guide you in the path of those things that have been prepared for you. I am the Lord of Glory--the Lord God who watches over you. I am the Lord God of your life, and I have come to set you in order so that you may receive the blessings of this time."

You're Always Here by Nancy Burr
You're always here beside me Lord
You're always close to me.
On days when I feel all alone
You're still right here with me.
I know I sometimes try to run
and make it on my own.
But You will never let me go,
I'll never be alone.
To know You're here makes me feel safe,
Your love protects my heart.
I never have to be afraid
cause we'll never be apart.
I love You more than words can say,
I owe You everything.
Oh Jesus You are all I need,
my Savior and my King.
You're with me everywhere I go,
You'll always stay with me.
You'll never leave me on my own,
You're always here with me.

Lord I Surrender by Nancy Burr

Lord I surrender my heart and soul,
Take me O Lord and make me whole.

Lord I surrender my everything,
I lift my voice and to You I sing.

Lord I surrender every part of me,
And I worship You down on my knee.

I won't hold back, I give you my all,
All day and all night to You I will call.

Every part of me belongs to You,
Take me and change me then use me for You.

Lord I surrender my heart and soul,
Thank you dear Father for making me whole.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:14-22

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. Isaiah 43:2

What Can You Do? by Tom
What can you do when you have more “down” days than “up” days?
What can you do when the clouds block your view of the sun day after day after day after day?
What can you do when you continue to take two steps forward then slide three steps back?
What can you do when the negatives in life are overpowering the positives in your life?
What can you do when the bills accumulate faster than the income does?
What can you do when day after day the “To Do” list is longer than your “Done” list?
What can you do when dreams have faded?
What can you do when you hope that life will get better is all but gone?
What can you do when you have more reasons to be afraid than reasons to trust?
What can you do when you feel paralyzed by fear?
What can you do when your sadness over the injustices of life begins to turn into anger?
What can you do when you see the more people you try to help the more people you meet who need help?
What can you do?
Start by reading Philippians 4:4-9.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
After reading that text from Philippians 4 try these suggestions:
Remember and remind others that The Lord is near.
In the midst of trials, crisis, boiling tempers, and smoldering anger if you will pause and remind yourself “the Lord is near,” you will be amazed at how quickly attitudes can change. Gentleness will become the natural response. If you have to repeat to yourself: “The Lord is near.” “The Lord is near.” “The Lord is near.” Then, let your gentleness be evident to all.
Take all your fears and anxieties to The Lord.
“Present your requests to God.” Be honest with your feelings. Tell Him what you are thinking. Share your fears. Open up your heart to Him. If you are anxious, say, “Lord, I’m anxious.” If you are afraid, say, “Lord, I am afraid.” If you have a need, say, “Lord, please help me.”
Think about something else.
“Think on these things.” Sometimes you just have to change the channel on the television, on the radio, or get off the Internet. Fold the newspaper and put it away. Quit watching the news. Think about good things. Think about pure things. Think about things that are excellent. It takes real discipline of the mind to change a direction of thought, but it will make a difference in how you see things, and how you respond to life.
What can you do? Remember you can do something. You are not helpless. You are not powerless. The world may seem to be crumbling around you, or the ground may feel like it is shaking beneath you, but the Lord is near, He will hear you, and give you peace.

Dear God, help us to spread the good news of your love in words as well as deeds. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 21
Manasseh Reigns in Judah
1 Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned fifty-five years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Hephzibah. 2 And he did evil in the sight of the Lord, according to the abominations of the nations whom the Lord had cast out before the children of Israel. 3 For he rebuilt the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; he raised up altars for Baal, and made a wooden image, as Ahab king of Israel had done; and he worshiped all the host of heaven and served them. 4 He also built altars in the house of the Lord, of which the Lord had said, “In Jerusalem I will put My name.” 5 And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the Lord. 6 Also he made his son pass through the fire, practiced soothsaying, used witchcraft, and consulted spiritists and mediums. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger. 7 He even set a carved image of Asherah that he had made, in the house of which the Lord had said to David and to Solomon his son, “In this house and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put My name forever; 8 and I will not make the feet of Israel wander anymore from the land which I gave their fathers—only if they are careful to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that My servant Moses commanded them.” 9 But they paid no attention, and Manasseh seduced them to do more evil than the nations whom the Lord had destroyed before the children of Israel. 10 And the Lord spoke by His servants the prophets, saying, 11 “Because Manasseh king of Judah has done these abominations (he has acted more wickedly than all the Amorites who were before him, and has also made Judah sin with his idols), 12 therefore thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Behold, I am bringing such calamity upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whoever hears of it, both his ears will tingle. 13 And I will stretch over Jerusalem the measuring line of Samaria and the plummet of the house of Ahab; I will wipe Jerusalem as one wipes a dish, wiping it and turning it upside down. 14 So I will forsake the remnant of My inheritance and deliver them into the hand of their enemies; and they shall become victims of plunder to all their enemies, 15 because they have done evil in My sight, and have provoked Me to anger since the day their fathers came out of Egypt, even to this day.’” 16 Moreover Manasseh shed very much innocent blood, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another, besides his sin by which he made Judah sin, in doing evil in the sight of the Lord. 17 Now the rest of the acts of Manasseh—all that he did, and the sin that he committed—are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? 18 So Manasseh rested with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house, in the garden of Uzza. Then his son Amon reigned in his place.
Amon’s Reign and Death
19 Amon was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned two years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Meshullemeth the daughter of Haruz of Jotbah. 20 And he did evil in the sight of the Lord, as his father Manasseh had done. 21 So he walked in all the ways that his father had walked; and he served the idols that his father had served, and worshiped them. 22 He forsook the Lord God of his fathers, and did not walk in the way of the Lord. 23 Then the servants of Amon conspired against him, and killed the king in his own house. 24 But the people of the land executed all those who had conspired against King Amon. Then the people of the land made his son Josiah king in his place. 25 Now the rest of the acts of Amon which he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? 26 And he was buried in his tomb in the garden of Uzza. Then Josiah his son reigned in his place.

Heavenly Father, thank you for Christian friends who love us enough to walk with us, pray for us, and lead us into truth so that we can become like Christ. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Loving God, in all the challenges we encounter, stand by us and help us remain faithful to you. We pray as Jesus taught us, saying, “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.”* Amen. *Luke 11:2-4 (KJV).

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply