Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-01-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - May

May 1

Philippians 4:12-13 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" –Luke 12:25-26

Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

2 Peter 1:2-8 2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Hebrews 13:1-2 1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. — Galatians 6:9

"For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." –Isaiah 41:13

Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

1 John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
Old 05-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Hebrews 12:15 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10, NIV)

James 3:17-18 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Job 22:21-22 21 “Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. 22 Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.

Psalm 62:7 NIV My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:51 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

For the Lord your God is gracious and compassionate. He will not turn his face from you if you return to him. 2 Chronicles 30:9b

John 14:12-14 – Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters. Galatians 6:10

“The Lord says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you’” (Psalm 32:8).

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. – 2 Corinthians 3:17

1 John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
Old 05-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:7-8

Ephesians 6:11 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit... Repent and live! —Ezekiel 18:31-32

Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

1 John 2:2 – He [Jesus] is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (NIV)

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - II Corinthians 4:18 NIV

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. – Proverbs 8:10-11

Psalm 105:1-4 1 Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 2 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 3 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. 4 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

Galatians 2:20 NIV I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:18
Old 05-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till He come and rain righteousness upon you. -- Hosea 10:12

Psalm 9:9-10 9 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Psalm 103:2-3 – Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits — who forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases.

Psalm 62:5-8 5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. 6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

James 5:13-16 13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Romans 12:16 NIV Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Psalm 33:4 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

He will listen to the prayers of the destitute. He will not reject their pleas. Psalm 102:17
Old 05-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

"For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many." - Matthew 20:28

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? — Micah 6:8

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. – Psalm 145:8

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. –Isaiah 41:13

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God trans*form you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

Psalm 85:7 7 Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Philippians 3:13-14 NIV One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

"In the morning, oh Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Romans 12:4-8 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Psalm 150:6 NIV Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Psalm 143:8-11 8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. 9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. 11 For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV) Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10

As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more” (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Proverbs 31:10 10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matthew 24:35

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
Old 05-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:17-18

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).

2 Corinthians 9:8 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-16 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always.

Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
Old 05-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.

John 16:21 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

Ephesians 6:10-11 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Job 33:4 4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Proverbs 31:10, 27-28 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:”
Old 05-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Psalms 113:3 "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised."

Psalm 141:3 – Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Psalm 48:14 14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

“Cling tightly to your faith in Christ, and always keep your conscience clear” (1 Timothy 1:19).

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. –1 Peter 5:6-7

Colossians 2:7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. — Proverbs 16:24

Psalm 143:10 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Now turn from your sins and turn to God, so you can be cleansed of your sins” (Acts 3:19).

Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37

Psalms 111:7 (NLT) All He does is just and good, and all His commandments are trustworthy.

Thought: God is for you, not against you.

Amos 5:14 – Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. — Philippians 3:12-14

“I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.” Isaiah 44:22

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. – 1 Corinthians 15:58

Jeremiah 29:10-13: "'I will come to you and fulfill My gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.'"

23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (NIV)

2 Timothy 1:7 – For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (NIV)

Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (NIV)

1 Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. (NIV)
Post New ThreadReply