Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 06:56 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 24

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

In the silence between my thoughts, I connect with God.

I do everything I can do today and leave the rest to God.

"To know God is the beginning of wisdom, because God is the source of wisdom. The nearer we live to the source the more we receive of that which comes from the source. The mind that is not consciously living with God may have intellect and mental capacity, but the wisdom that knows can come only to that mind that is walking with God every moment of conscious existence. The mind that does not know God thinks in the darkness; the mind that does know God thinks in the light." Christian D. Larson

I am mindful of God in each moment.

"I have faith that God will care for me, and God does provide my needs. I don't in any way feel insecure because I don't know where I will sleep at night, where or when I will eat next. When you have spiritual security, you have no more feeling of need for material security. I don't know anybody who feels more secure than I do--and, of course, people think l am the poorest of the poor. I know better, I am the richest of the rich. I have health, happiness, inner peace--things you couldn't buy if you were a
billionaire." Peace Pilgrim

I am safe and secure in the knowledge that God cares for and about me.

"...I used to pray that God would give me something--strength, wisdom, patience, the solution to a problem. I was forever telling God what was wrong with my life and what God needed to do to fix it. Today, I talk things over with God to decide what I can do, not what God should do. This is the key to spiritual power, to finding God in so many wonderful places both ordinary and extraordinary." Father Leo Booth

The power of sin's promises is broken by the power of God's promise.
Sin's power is rooted in its promise of satisfaction. You're compelled to a one night stand because it promises quick joy without the hard work of a committed relationship. You're drawn to gossip about your ex-spouse because it promises the instant gratification of revenge. You're tempted to be greedy and not give to the poor because it affords you the comfort of buying more for yourself.
We sin not out of duty but out of hope for happiness. (We wouldn't sin if we didn't think we stood to gain something by sinning.) In other words, sin's power is in its promise of happiness.
Sin, which leads to death (Romans 6:16), will continue to enslave us as long as we believe that sin provides greater joy than righteousness, which leads to life.
The breakthrough over sin comes when we realize who God promises to make us if we trust in him.
In contrast to sin, God promises us much greater joy and satisfaction in him than in sin. When we receive Christ and are born again, our eyes are opened and our desires transformed. God makes immense promises to those who are born again. Specifically, in Christ we are made righteous (Romans 5:19), dead to sin (Romans 6:11), given eternal life (Romans 6:23 and John 3:15), not condemned (Romans 8:1), sanctified (1 Corinthians 1:2), made alive (1 Corinthians 15:22), made a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17), reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:19), clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:27), immeasurably blessed (Ephesians 1:3), forgiven (Ephesians 1:7), and made the very righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21). What an awesome set of promises given by God! All that God promises to be for us in Jesus stands against what sin promises to be for us without him. Author Unknown
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:19
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:11
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:15
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.Romans 8:1
2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 1 Corinthians 1:2
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:22
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed [1] unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Galatians 3:27
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Ephesians 1:7

Frustrated? It may be because you're trying to make something happen that only God can make happen.
Whenever you are doing what God has called you to do, it is important to rely on His strength, His grace, and His power to complete your task. You will become frustrated if you try to make things happen on your own strength instead of relying on God. God is the author and finisher of His plans (Hebrews 12:2), and you must not try to take the place of God if you expect things to work out.
In Colossians 1:26-27, Paul reveals a mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations... Christ in you, the hope of glory. In other words, there is something that people of the past didn't know?it was hidden from them, a mystery to them?but Paul is now revealing that mystery to us: Christ lives in all who believe in Him! No longer is God just with his people?God now lives in his people!
Also, note that it is Christ in you that's the hope of glory?not Christ and you.
Paul then continues by saying that he labors and works for the gospel, but all of his labor is really done by Christ's power, which so powerfully works in [him] (Colossians 1:29).
If you're trying to labor without Christ's power at work within you, then your labor will be frustrating and in vain. You need to stop trying, and start dying to self so that you may be alive to Christ's power.
Struggle and frustration occur when you try to do God's job by your own strength?rather than relying on Christ's strength, which is at work in you. Author Unknown

Private obedience leads to public blessings.
The Bible promises that if we obey God, then He will bless us. In Deuteronomy 28:1-2, Moses told the Israelites, "If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God." The next fifteen verses list all sorts of blessings that God will give His people.
It sounds really good to be radically blessed, but notice that there is a condition: you must "fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands."
Obedience can be difficult, but if you consistently obey God in secret, then "your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you" (Matthew 6:4).
You may freely choose between obedience and disobedience, but know that "a man reaps what he sows" (Galatians 6:7).
Obey the Lord in all things?private and public. Then you will see "all these blessings ... come upon you." Author Unknown
Deuteronomy 28
Blessings on Obedience
1 ?Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2 And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God:
3 ?Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
4 ?Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
5 ?Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
6 ?Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
7 ?The LORD will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
8 ?The LORD will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
9 ?The LORD will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways. 10 Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they shall be afraid of you. 11 And the LORD will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you. 12 The LORD will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13 And the LORD will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. 14 So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Following the Herd
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters says the LORD Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:16-17.
Mira Loma High seniors celebrated with their prom at the Sacramento Grand Ballroom. One of the seniors at the prom came up with the idea of trying to find out how many people can be crammed into an elevator. A chaperone did hear one of the kids talking about this, and it brought back memories of trying to do the same with the VW Beetle. They were able to squeeze 24 seniors into the elevator but then someone had the brilliant idea of taking the elevator up to the next floor. The elevator immediately became stuck between floors and as one student reported it was hot and hectic, since they did not know what was going on. One of the girls was claustrophobic but thankfully no one was injured seriously. It took two hours before firefighters finally found a way to rescue these teens from their self-imposed nightmare. I guess that's why they have those load limits posted on most elevators.
The elevator fiasco was a result of following the herd, everyone else was doing it, so they got into the elevator too. If there had been room for 50 people on the elevator 26 more would have tried to crowd in. Following the herd has been a problem for people for as long as their have been people. The snake tempted Eve and she ate of the forbidden fruit. Eve gave Adam some of the fruit and he ate of it too, and if there had been a few more people back then they would probably all have eaten of it even though God had told them not to do it.
Following the herd is hard to avoid because of the peer pressure. When teens are at a party and alcohol is available will they drink it or will they not? When other teens are engaging in immoral behavior will they follow the rest? When the drugs are passed around will they take them or will they refuse? When others are cheating on their homework will they take the easy way too? I think that God would tell those contemplating such things to, "come out from among them.." Of course, adults have problems with following the herd too.
How can you avoid the following the herd trap? By deciding ahead of time that you will not be a part of anything that will dishonor your God. Decide now that you will not be a part of anything that will endanger the lives of others or your own. If you wait until the moment that you are confronted with an immoral choice to make up your mind you will make yourself much more susceptible to making the wrong choice. Decide now, not later, that you are going to be God's man or God's woman and that you will make a stand for what is right no matter what those around you may think. In the long run, you will never regret doing what is right. So, "come out from among them.." --Ed Wrather

Changing Our Nature by Max Lucado
My dog Molly and I aren?t getting along. The problem is not her personality. A sweeter mutt you will not find. She sees every person as a friend and every day as a holiday. I have no problem with Molly?s attitude. I have a problem with her habits.
Eating scraps out of the trash. Licking dirty plates in the dishwasher. Dropping dead birds on our sidewalk, and stealing bones from the neighbor?s dog. Shameful! Molly rolls in the grass, chews on her paw, does her business in the wrong places, and, I?m embarrassed to admit, quenches her thirst in the toilet.
Now what kind of behavior is that?
Dog behavior, you reply.
You are right. So right. Molly?s problem is not a Molly problem. Molly has a dog problem. It is a dog?s nature to do such things. And it is her nature that I wish to change. Not just her behavior, mind you. A canine obedience school can change what she does; I want to go deeper. I want to change who she is.
Here is my idea: a me-to-her transfusion. The deposit of a Max seed in Molly. I want to give her a kernel of human character. As it grew, would she not change? Her human nature would develop, and her dog nature would diminish. We would witness, not just a change of habits, but a change of essence. In time Molly would be less like Molly and more like me, sharing my disgust for trash snacking, potty slurping, and dish licking. She would have a new nature. Why, Denalyn might even let her eat at the table.
You think the plan is crazy? Then take it up with God. The idea is his.
What I would like to do with Molly, God does with us. He changes our nature from the inside out! ?I will put a new way of thinking inside you. I will take out the stubborn hearts of stone from your bodies, and I will give you obedient hearts of flesh. I will put my Spirit inside you and help you live by my rules and carefully obey my laws? (Ezek. 36:26?27 NCV.).
God doesn?t send us to obedience school to learn new habits; he sends us to the hospital to be given a new heart. Forget training; he gives transplants.
Do you understand what God has done? He has deposited a Christ seed in you. As it grows, you will change. It?s not that sin has no more presence in your life, but rather that sin has no more power over your life. Temptation will pester you, but temptation will not master you. What hope this brings!
It?s not up to you! Within you abides a budding power. Trust him!
?He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus? (Phil. 1:6 NIV.). God will do with you what I only dream of doing with Molly. Change you from the inside out. When he is finished, he?ll even let you sit at his table.

Joy to the Police by Rick Boxx
In my hurry to catch an early morning flight I made a mistake. My desire to reach the airport on time overcame my desire to abide by the law. The result was a speeding ticket.
As I sped along the damp roads in the darkness I prayed, "God please protect me and my car from harm." Moments later I was signing a speeding ticket. A thought swept over me, "What if God sent that police officer to answer my prayer." Was an accident prevented?
Instead of being angry with the officer for giving me a ticket, I found myself grateful that God placed this man in authority over me.
Hebrews 13:17 points out, "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you"
If you have someone in authority over you, make their work a joy. Obey them! I wish I had.

Two Lessons You Learn Only In Life's Storms
Why are you so fearful? Mark 4:40 NKJV
In the Gospel of Mark we read: '? He said to them, 'Let us cross over to the other side'? And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, 'Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?' Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace, be still!' And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. But He said to them, 'Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?' And they? said to one another, 'Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!" (Mark 4:35-41 NKJV).
Here are two lessons you learn only in life's storms:
1) You must trust what God has told you. When Jesus said, 'Let us cross over to the other side' there wasn't a big enough wave to take them under, no matter how threatening. What has God promised you? Standing on that won't keep you from getting scared or soaked, but it'll keep you from sinking.
2) You must remind yourself who's in the boat with you. If the Lord can calm a storm, He can prevent one. So when He permits you to go through storms it's to show you that you don't have a problem He can't solve; that you may be powerless in the situation but He's not; and that through this experience you'll come to know Him in a way you have never known Him before. So learn these lessons well and come out stronger on the other side. The Word For Today

Listen To God
Your ears will hear a voice... saying, 'This is the way... ' Isaiah 30:21 NIV
Any time you step out in faith and try something, a voice within you will whisper, 'You must be out of your mind. You're not capable of this. Those little accomplishments you had before were pure luck; you just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Now you're in over your head.' That voice will waken you in the middle of the night, sick to your stomach. You can hear it in every boardroom, living room and pavement. It's the voice of fear, and it doesn't play fair. It pulls the file on your past failures and preys on your deepest insecurities.
But there's another voice; God's! It says: 'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand' (Isaiah 41:10 NKJV). Attuning your ears to God's voice doesn't mean your problems are automatically solved or that the other voice just fades away. No, it's more like having an intimate conversation with a close friend in a noisy, crowded place. There may be other voices around you but you don't hear them because you're so focused on what your friend is saying. That's how it is with God's voice. Whether He speaks to you through the Scriptures, through a friend, or through your life's circumstances, He's always communicating with the heart that seeks Him. His promise to you is, 'Your ears will hear a voice? saying, "This is the way; walk in it."' One word from God, just one, can change your entire outlook. So today, take time to listen to God's voice.
Fear not, for I am with you... Isaiah 41:10 NKJV
To be successful in anything God calls you to do, you must be sensitive to the Holy Spirit within you and learn to recognise when He speaks to you through the Scriptures.
When the pressure is on and you're tempted to move too quickly you'll hear His voice saying: '? You shall not go out with haste? for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard' (Isaiah 52:12 NKJV). God's got you covered; front and back. How good is that? When you're about to make a wrong turn or a bad decision He will remind you, 'In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps' (Proverbs 16:9 NIV). When you don't have the ways and means to get the job done His voice will whisper: 'The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail' (Isaiah 58:11 NKJV). You have an unfailing supply. When you run out of answers and don't know what to do He will reassure you: 'I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you' (Psalm 32:8 NIV). When the load becomes too heavy to carry you'll hear His voice saying, 'Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall' (Psalm 55:22 NIV).
Hearing God's voice may mean you have to sacrifice lesser things and tune out other voices, but you must do it. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important than learning to recognise God's voice when He speaks to you. The Word For Today

God Is...
He is the First and Last, the Beginning and the End!
He is the Creator of all creation and the Keeper of all he created!
He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times.
He always was, He always is, and He always will be...
Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, and never Undone!
He was bruised and brought healing!
He was pierced and eased pain!
He was persecuted and brought freedom!
He was dead and brought life!
He is risen and brings power!
He reigns and brings Peace!
The world can't understand him,
The armies can't defeat Him,
The schools can't explain Him, and
The leaders can't ignore Him.
Herod couldn't kill Him,
The Pharisees couldn't confuse Him, and
The People couldn't hold Him!
Nero couldn't crush Him,
Hitler couldn't silence Him,
The New Age can't replace Him, and
Oprah can't explain Him away!
He is light, love, longevity, and Lord.
He is goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God.
He is Holy, Righteous, mighty, powerful, and pure.
His ways are right, His word is eternal,
His will is unchanging, and His mind is on me.
He is my Redeemer, He is my Savior,
He is my guide, and He is my peace!
He is my Joy, He is my comfort,
He is my Lord, and He rules my life!
I serve Him because...
His bond is love,
His burden is light, and
His goal for me is abundant life.
I follow Him because He is...
the wisdom of the wise,
the power of the powerful,
the ancient of days,
the ruler of rulers,
the leader of leaders,
the overseer of the overcomers and the sovereign Lord of all that was and is and is to come.
And if that seems impressive to you, try this on for size...
His goal is a relationship with ME!
He will never leave me,
Never forsake me,
Never mislead me,
Never forget me,
Never overlook me, and
Never cancel my appointment in His appointment book!
When I fall, He lifts me up!
When I fail, He forgives!
When I am weak, He is strong!
When I am lost, He is the way!
When I am afraid, He is my courage!
When I stumble, He steadies me!
When I am hurt, He heals me!
When I am broken, He mends me!
When I am blind, He leads me!
When I am hungry, He feeds me!
When I face trials, He is with me!
When I face persecution, He shields me!
When I face problems, He comforts me!
When I face loss, He provides for me!
When I face Death, He carries me Home!
He is everything for everybody, everywhere, every time, and every way.
He is God,
He is faithful.
I am His, and He is mine!
My Father in heaven can defeat the father of this world.
So, if you're wondering why I feel so secure, understand this...
He said it and that settles it.
God is in control,
I am on His side, and that means all is well with my soul.
Every day is a blessing - for GOD Is!
Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
So, you got your feathers ruffled a little bit? You need to get back to your place of peace and spiritual safety. You do this through forgiveness and humility. Otherwise, your defensive attitude will take you down a road that you will not enjoy, for it will open the door to the enemy of your soul to bring affliction. In these days of unrest and uncertainty it is vital that you stay in a position that will afford great blessings, and these blessings will only come through unity in the Spirit, says the Lord. Psalm 133:1-3 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, running down on the beard, the beard of Aaron, running down on the edge of his garments. It is like the dew of Hermon, descending upon the mountains of Zion; for there the LORD commanded the blessing??life forevermore.

Now is the time to obtain and maintain composure. Rest in Me and stay calm. You are facing situations and circumstances that are unfamiliar to you, yet they possess a common denominator, which is the enemy's tactic to get you off course through distractions. Stay focused, and put your faith in My desire and ability to cause you to be victorious in the midst of adverse conditions. You are well able to stand in the face of difficulties and overcome every obstacle, for I am with you, says the Lord. 1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world??our faith.

I saw in a vision a series of portals with light shining through, indicating to me that they were open. And, I heard the Lord say that the windows of heaven are open to a time of great blessings and answered prayer. He said, "Come up here. Rise up in the Spirit and access by faith this great outpouring. Ask and you shall receive. Don't let this unusual opportunity to pass you by."
2 Chronicles 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Beloved, this is a time when you can bring to completion things that have been delayed and to tie up loose ends. But, you will still have to exercise patience in bringing to a conclusion undertakings that involve other people or things that you have no control over. This time will present opportunities to trust Me to do what you cannot accomplish by your own will and power, but I will go before you to make a way, says the Lord. Isaiah 45:2 I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze And cut the bars of iron.

You have been challenged, stretched, and sometimes torn. But, you can trust Me to release healing and restoration in your body, soul and spirit. Come to that place of silence before Me where your soul no longer sounds a dissenting cry and where emotional noise and mental clutter cease. Be still. Release all worry, fear, and everything that keeps you from exercising a strong and resolute faith that I have undertaken on your behalf, says the Lord. Your breakthrough is imminent. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ?Destroy!?

Watch and discern! The enemy has established a spiritual condition that creates stress, condemnation, and demoralization. There have been questions and accusations that have created suspicion that seems like a relentless and diabolical inquisition. The devil wants to rob you of stability and confidence and cause you to question your character and integrity. If you believe his lies, negativity will be exaggerated, and you will lose vision and hope. Refuse to allow him to steal your joy. I have blessed you and gifted you, and it is time for you to take the next step in My plan and purpose for your life. Rise up in faith with thanksgiving that I am leading you forth in perfect precision, says the Lord. Matthew 12:20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Have you heard My word today, says the Lord? For surely I shall come and confirm it with signs and wonders following. For I am not like those in the world that make a promise but do not keep it. I am the Holy One, the Righteous One of Israel and when I speak My word, My word will never return void. For surely by My Spirit I will fulfill the fullness of that which has been spoken over you, My people. So take this day and rejoice in it. Take this day and be glad in it. Take this day and the sunshine of My love shall fall upon you and lead you in the days that are ahead of you. For I am coming as the Light of this day to reveal to you the hidden mysteries of those things that will effect you in these days. Place yourself upon the wall, watchmen of the hour. Watch and you shall see. Pray and you shall receive. For it is written, that if you will ask, you will receive; if you seek you will find; if you will knock I will come and sup with you. You and I will commune in sweet fellowship and out of that fellowship the glory and the light of this day shall be birthed in the land, says the Lord God.

Reflections of Time
As I look back at my place in time
My life was unfruitful and sublime.
My roots weren't planted on solid ground or in any tree
Because there wasn't Jesus, just good old me.
I thought I was a good wife who was kind
Jesus appeared and changed my mind.
As time fades away, my future is a reflection
Of the many wonders I have seen.
Angels, miracles, and God's tender touch
At last I let Him enter, I love Him so much.
My life has new meaning.
I'm alive now, growing,
and extending that olive branch
The reflection I see now is of compassion, mercy, and love
And with my Savior I'm thankful I took that chance.
As I look in the mirror of time, I do see
A person Jesus has made of good old me.
A reflection of hope for a brighter tomorrow
And a future of love at last.
For time will go on as long as we leave an ugly past.
Words of wisdom for you and me
Be a reflection of all that you can be.
For Jesus will come into your heart and set you free.
By Nancy Hoback, 2002

Is Your Heart Troubled
Whenever I am troubled
and lost in deep despair
I bundle all my troubles up
and go to God in prayer...
I tell Him I am heartsick
and lost and lonely, too.
That my mind is deeply burdened
and I don't know what to do ...
But I know He stilled the tempest
and calmed the angry sea
And I humbly ask if in His love
He'll do the same for me ...
And then I just keep quiet
and think only thoughts of Peace
And if I abide in stillness
my "restless murmurings" cease.
Helen Steiner Rice

13 "Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him, 14 if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, 15 then you will lift up your face without shame; you will stand firm and without fear. 16 You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. 17 Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. 18 You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. 19 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor. Job 11:13-19

>From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one?s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. 20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:15-23

The Lesson of the Withered Fig Tree
20 Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter, remembering, said to Him, ?Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.?
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, ?Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ?Be removed and be cast into the sea,? and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Forgiveness and Prayer
25 ?And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.? Mark 11:20-25

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

"For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 1 John 4:16b-17

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

God Is Protecting You
He permitted no man to do them wrong... 1 Chronicles 16:21 NKJV
What would you be willing to do to protect your child from harm? Multiply that by infinity and you'll understand how much God cares for you.
Nebuchadnezzar took the sacred vessels from the temple in Jerusalem and placed them in a pagan temple in Shinar (Daniel 1:1-2 NKJV). After his son Belshazzar became king, one night during a drunken feast, 'They brought in the? goblets? from the temple of God? and the king? and his concubines drank from them' (Daniel 5:3 NIV). Now if they'd mishandled some worthless old cup it might not have mattered, but God had too much invested in these sacred vessels to allow them to be mistreated. That night Nebuchadnezzar and his entire kingdom were destroyed because of this unchanging Bible principle: 'He permitted no man to do them wrong; yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes, saying, "? Do not touch My anointed ones? "' (1Chronicles 16:21-22 NKJV).
As God's redeemed child you are loved, valued and protected. So stand on that truth. You may have to fight in a foreign land or live and work in a difficult situation. You may have to endure great hardship for your faith. But understand - God's got too much invested in you to let you be destroyed. Any time Satan tries that, God will interrupt his party and say, 'This vessel is off limits; it took me too long to teach this woman to pray. I've devoted too many hours to training this man how to overcome. They've learned how to stand amidst trials. They've suffered too much for My name's sake for Me to let you harm them. Take your hand off them, they're Mine!' Rejoice, today God is protecting you! The Vine

Nothing Else Works
Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea... John 21:1 NKJV
The disciples, experienced fishermen, fished all night and caught nothing. We all know what that feels like, right? Next morning Jesus appeared on the shore and said, '? Cast the net on the right side of the boat? ' (John 21:6 NKJV). When they did they caught so many fish their net broke. This story teaches us three things about Jesus:
1) Usually, you find Him at the end of your struggle. As long as you think you can do it on your own, He will let you try. And as long as what worked for you before is still working, you won't reach out to Him for help. It's only when you run out of answers that you discover it's '? Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit saith the Lord? ' (Zechariah 4:6).
2) He never takes His eye off you. '? When the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; and yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus' (John 21:4 NKJV). They couldn't see Him, but He could see them. In spite of your emotional upheaval, your disappointment in those you trusted, and the futility of your own efforts, you're never beyond His care - or His reach.
3) He invites you to come and dine. Only after He fed them and had fellowship with them, did they recognise Him. At that point their doubts dissolved, their faith was renewed and they were empowered to go out and do His work. It's back to basics! The answers you seek and the strength you need can be found only by feeding on God's Word and fellowshipping with Him in prayer. Simply stated: nothing else works. The Vine

Dear God, Thank You for this new day and the potential it contains. Of the many possibilities that present themselves, help me clearly discern Your assignments for me. I know that I cannot solve all the problems our world faces; But I can tend my corner of the garden. Help me not get overwhelmed by the bigger picture. I choose to do what I can do and leave the rest to You. And so it is. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Hosea 12
1 Ephraim feedeth on wind, and followeth after the east wind: he daily increaseth lies and desolation; and they do make a covenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt. 2 The Lord hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him. 3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God: 4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us; 5 Even the Lord God of hosts; the Lord is his memorial. 6 Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment and wait on thy God continually. 7 He is a merchant, the balances of deceit are in his hand: he loveth to oppress. 8 And Ephraim said, Yet I am become rich, I have found me out substance: in all my labours they shall find none iniquity in me that were sin. 9 And I that am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt will yet make thee to dwell in tabernacles, as in the days of the solemn feast. 10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets. 11 Is there iniquity in Gilead? surely they are vanity: they sacrifice bullocks in Gilgal; yea, their altars are as heaps in the furrows of the fields. 12 And Jacob fled into the country of Syria, and Israel served for a wife, and for a wife he kept sheep. 13 And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved. 14 Ephraim provoked him to anger most bitterly: therefore shall he leave his blood upon him, and his reproach shall his Lord return unto him.

Dear God, Thank You for this day and the opportunities it holds for living. May we experience the depth and breadth of each moment. Love is available and we are ready. We choose to move out into life in its fullness,
sharing all that we are and all that we have. May our day be full of marvelous, mystical moments with You. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply