Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default 'go!'

'go!'
I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way... to show them what roads to take.
Isaiah 42:16 TM

Are you facing a situation that feels overwhelming and you're afraid to make a wrong move? Or maybe you're saying no to something in your life that you'd really like to say yes to.

A well-known counsellor says, "For years I heard about hiking. It sounded elusive, difficult… and mysterious. When a friend asked me to go hiking… I began thinking… what if I couldn't do it well enough? Or I didn't know how to do it at all? 'Don't be ridiculous,' I scolded myself. 'You're making this more complicated than it is… it's just walking, and you've been doing that since you were a baby!' We left… and I followed… as he started up a steep incline. 'Just walk,' I told myself… 'Put one foot in front of another… like you've done all your life.' I didn't make it to the top of the mountain that day, but I made it halfway… Start where you are. Start poorly. Just start… if you already knew how to do it well, it wouldn't be a lesson… and you'd never have the thrill of victory, years from now looking back."

God has promised to "take the hand of those who don't know the way… to show them what roads to take." You say, "But what if I get into difficulty?" You probably will! But God says: "When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you" (Isaiah 43:2 TM). But you've got to be willing to 'go' in order for God to bring you 'through!' In other words - you have to be willing to get your feet wet. The thing to keep in mind is: "God… goes ahead of you" (Deuteronomy 1:30 TM).
--The Word For Today
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply