Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default A New Stage in Life

A New Stage in Life

Ever since our son joined the Army and got married, and our daughter relocated to her own apartment four hours away, my husband and I have entered a new phase in life. No longer is there a lot of hustle and bustle in the house; but it is now just the two of us along with our several pets.

I miss how our family used to be; the old times when the kids were little and I would teach them their ABC's and help them with science fair projects, but they too are now on a new stage in life, as adults.

It has taken me some time to adjust, but I now accept that this is a very normal facet of life. The kids stretch their wings and fly away from the nest to create nests of their own.

Sometimes, change is inevitable.

Sure I miss the past, but that doesn't mean I am not finding peace and joy in the present! I don't have to yell at my son to turn his crazy music down, and I no longer have to remind my daughter repeatedly to clear off the dinner table. The solitude is nice, and there is a lot more "me" time, something I haven't found much of when raising our then little ones. Of course, its also nice to be able to go on dates again with my husband; something we haven't done since we first met twenty-three years ago!

There are times that, through our own actions and life choices we cause change to happen, and there are other times that an unexpected event or tragedy occurs which we have no control of, and we are then forced to accommodate change. One example is a wife whose husband suddenly dies from a heart attack. This woman must learn to readjust her life.

Change can be frightening, but with it also comes hope and promise of a brighter future.

Likewise, within the Bible, God calls us to change and transform so that can be new creations, ones who hunger for righteousness and spit out all ungodliness.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."-Romans 12:2

Thought for the day: Could YOU benefit from a change today?
--Daily Wisdom
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply