Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Couldn't resist the title, still haven't done my readings and I am behind, but had to take a look.

Sometimes we never know when we will find a blessing or what for a gift or a need will take. So often we dismiss things out of hand, and judge things by there appearance or from where they come from or from who gives them to us. We look at where they come from or where they are located and we are afraid of getting ourselves 'a little dirty' in order to get it' and "Heaven forbid" if anyone should just happen to see us pick it up.!

I happen to love turnip. Most people don't like it, and yet I am not too sure about eating it raw. I guess they say if you are hungry enough, you will eat anything. I am such a picky eater, I haven't experience too much of that and have been fortunate.

Yet in some ways, that isn't true, I remember just eating bread and butter, rather than putting something on it that I didn't like. Something that might have been healthy, but something that I turned my nose up at. White bread and butter is far from healthy, but I would tell myself, "It is food!"

How easily we deceive ourselves. The blanket of denial we wrap around ourselves. The lies we tell ourselves and others to hide our shameful faces, forget that God knows. I don't want to see or hear that because she or he said. I don't want to take that because someone said and we listen to gossip and we reject prior to investigation, we don't try for ourselves, we accept another person's word, and don't have a wee talk with our own God. What is good one day, may not be good on another day.

It is a one day at a time program. What was good in early recovery, may not serve me in today. What was not good in early recovery, may be just what I need in today.

Sometimes I just have to brush off the mud and the mud slinging and see what the raw material is underneath. Maybe it needs a little spice added to it to make it palatable.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply