Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 5/23

God is a friend who walks in when the world walks out.

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

To be at one with God is to be at peace... peace is to be found only within, and unless one finds it there he will never find it at all. Peace lies not in the external world. It lies within one's own soul. --Ralph W. Trine

"God will heal your broken heart, if you will give Him all the pieces."

Today is a day of opportunity. Any experiences that we have today--good or bad--can be seen as opportunities, opportunities to grow closer to God.

If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it!

Everyone God created has something of value to teach us.

God brings good out of bad circumstances.

God can work a change in even the hardest heart.

God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

When you and I come to the end of our days, just remember this: God won't ask what kind of car we drove, but He will ask how many people we helped get where they needed to go. He won't ask how big our house was, but He will ask how many people we welcomed into our home. God won't ask what neighborhood we lived in, but He will ask how we treated our neighbors. And He won't ask how many fences we made, but He will ask how many bridges we built. --Pastor Bob Tasler

Snuggle in God's arms. When you are hurting, when you feel lonely, left out. let Him cradle you, comfort you, reassure you of His all-sufficient power and love. --Kay Arthur

When you cannot stand, He will bear you in His arms. --Francis de Sales

When God is involved, anything can happen. Be open. Stay that way. God has a beautiful way of bringing good vibrations out of broken chords. --Charles (Chuck) Swindoll

The Silent Sermon Author Unknown
My grandfather would tuck his Bible under his arm and walk through the small town where he lived to Sunday School and church services. For the last five years of his life, he could not hear, and he never heard a word of any sermon. Yet, he continued to go.
One day I asked him,"Grampa, why do you keep on going to Sunday School and church when you can't hear a word that the preacher says?"
"I keep on going." he replied, "even if I don't hear, because I want people to know whose side I'm on."
Do people know whose side you're on? Do you want them to know? It's time for us to take a stand for Christ. We must be different from the world if we are to help it. Until we make it clear who it is we serve, no one will ever pay attention to us. Make sure the world knows whose side you're on.
"...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15)

I'LL KEEP ON TILL THEY QUIT by Alan Smith
There once was an older man who went out jogging. He was running around a track that circled the high school football field while the team was conducting their practice. When the football players began running their sprints up and down the field, the man said to himself, "I'll just keep run*ning until they quit." So they ran. And he ran. And they kept on running. So he kept on running.
Finally, in total exhaustion the man had to stop. When he stopped, an equally exhausted football player walked over to him and said, "Boy, I'm glad you finally stopped, Mister. Our coach told us that we had to keep running wind sprints as long as the old guy was jogging!"
It seems to me that we can sometimes find ourselves in a similar kind of situation when it comes to anger and conflict. We have a disagreement with someone and get into an argument. Voices get raised. Neither side wants to be the first to give in, to stop speaking in anger. Everyone has the attitude, "I'll just keep on till they quit." So the other party stays mad. So we stay mad. And on we go, eventually finding ourselves emotionally and even physically exhausted by the ongoing animosity.
Let me challenge you to do something very difficult. The next time you get in an argument, be the first to give in. Be the first to stop the yelling and the name-calling. Be the first to say, "I'm sorry." It's the quickest way to stop the vicious cycle.
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." (Proverbs 15:1)

OUT OF STEP by Alan Smith
As he was drilling a batch of recruits, the sergeant saw that one of them was marching out of step. Walking up next to the man as they marched, he said sarcastically: "Do you know they are all out of step except you?"
"What?" asked the recruit innocently.
"I said -- they are all out of step except you!" thundered the sergeant.
The recruit replied, "Well, sarge, you're in charge -- you tell them!"
I understand how that recruit felt because there are times that we as Christians look around at the world and we are out of step with everyone else. As we walk with Christ and live by the Spirit, that causes us to say and do things that are very different from what the world does. Everyone else seems to be agreed on how to walk, but we are out of step.
We may be tempted to think (like the sergeant above) that we are the ones who need to change to get in step with everyone else. But (like the recruit above) we aren't the ones who need to change. And we need to continue to walk in step with the Spirit regardless of how those around us walk.
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." (Eph. 5:8)
"Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you." (I Peter 4:4, NLT)
"He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." (I John 2:6)
If you feel like you're out of step with the world, don't let it bother you. Just make sure you're in step with God.

Words Author Unknown
I have always had a special love for words. Words have such power in them. The right words can uplift, inspire, heal, and create endless joy and love in our lives. The wrong words can depress, discourage, hurt, and bring us endless misery and pain. It is so very important then to try and choose the right words in our lives. By choosing the right words I don’t just mean saying the right words or writing the right words either. I also mean thinking the right words. It is amazing the garbage that so many of us allow ourselves to think each and every day of our lives.
In order to live a truly blessed life we must haul away the garbage and start to plant words that will grow into a garden of joy and light in our minds. Start today then to make the words in your life work for you and not against you. Do away with “can’t” and “no”. Try “can” and “yes” instead. Say, “I can be happy, I can choose joy, and I can share love.” Say, “Yes” to life, to learning, and to growth. Begin to use words like: Wonderful, Beautiful, and Delightful when you speak to others. Find a word of praise for everyone you know and then share it with them. Look the people you love straight in the eye and tell them, “I love you.” Seek out every fantastic, fabulous, and glorious word that you can and start to use them in your life.
Words are such simple things and yet they have the power to change our lives forever if we use them right. Make the choice everyday of your life to use all of the good, positive, and loving words you can every second that you can. If you do this you will find that your life will become a paradise of love and joy, that other people will become your brothers and sisters in happiness, and that God’s goodness will shine through every word you use.

The Visitor Author Unknown
The VisitorOne day, a man went to visit a church. He arrived early, parked his car, and got out. Another car pulled up near him, and the driver told him, “I always park there. You took my place!”
The visitor went inside for Sunday School, found an empty seat, and sat down. A young lady from the church approached him and stated, “That’s my seat! You took my place!” The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing.
After Sunday School, the visitor went into the church sanctuary and sat down. Another member walked up to him and said, “That’s where I always sit. You took my place!” The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment, but still said nothing.
Later, as the congregation was praying for Christ to dwell among them, the visitor stood, and his appearance began to change. Horrible scars became visible on his hands and on his sandaled feet. Someone from the congregation noticed him and called out, “What happened to you?”
The visitor replied, “I took your place.”

The Cry of Power Author Unknown
The Cry of PowerMany times as a small boy, I would say something to my parents that would get me into plenty of trouble. Now, I never intended to get into trouble, and I wasn’t trying to say anything that would cause difficulties. And often, it wasn’t the exact words that I said that got me into hot water. My father shared with me a phrase that I have heard many times since the days of my childhood – “It’s not just what you say, but it’s how you say it.”
The meaning of the things we say is quite often determined not just by the exact words spoken, but perhaps more importantly, the way in which the words are said. This has never been truer than when we consider Jesus’ final words as He hung on the cross.
“It is finished.” These three words have been spoken by many people. And quite often, they are spoken in defeat. “It’s over.” “I can’t go on.” “No more.” These are the words of the losing team after a big ball game. These are the words of someone who has lost their job. These are words of sorrow and sadness.
But when Jesus said, “It is finished,” these were not words of defeat, but rather a cry of power! They were the exclamation point at the end of a journey. This was a shout to all creation, for time and eternity that the work of the enemy was defeated, that the reason that Jesus came to this earth was fulfilled, and that the salvation of all who would trust in Him was secured! Indeed, it was finished! No more would sin rule and reign, for the work of the Savior was completed! It is finished!
Because of His finished work, Jesus could then say to His Father, “Into your hands I commit my spirit.” You see, Christ was not killed by the crucifixion. Rather, He voluntarily laid down His life to purchase our salvation, and having completed the task, was able to share “The Cry of Power” – “It is finished! Into Your hands I commit my spirit!”

The Lord’s Way Author Unknown
The Lords Way“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, this is the way; walk in it.” – Isaiah 30:21
Isaiah spoke this verse to the people of Zion a long, long time ago. Long before the world could even dream about Global Positioning Systems. Today when I drive, I program my GPS, and then listen to a stranger’s voice telling me to get ready to turn right, then left and then telling me I have arrived at my destination. If my grandfather could have slipped out of heaven and joined us in that car, he would have said, “God is telling us where to go!”
God the Holy Spirit is our spiritual GPS. He is the voice behind us that says, “This is the way, walk in it.” The Living Bible says it this way…”And if you leave God’s paths and go astray, you will hear a Voice behind you say, No, this is the way; walk here.”
It is so easy to leave God’s paths. The distractions and attractions are everywhere, calling us to leave His paths. I prayed with a teenager recently that had strayed from the right way and she had lost her way. But that Voice was speaking, she listened, and God, in His love, was present to give her direction. Our God is awesome!
God is always ready to give us directions. He longs for us to tune in to His voice and allow Him to direct us, and to show us the paths of joy and victory. Our Heavenly Father never makes a mistake…He never says, “Sorry, I was wrong. Go back a block and turn left.” Never! It is an incredible thing to hear God say, “This is the way; walk in it.” God wants to help us walk His paths!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Pay attention to the signs around you, for truly I will speak to you in a variety of ways and will show you things that you need to see in the natural realm so that you can understand what I am doing in the spiritual realm. At this time you can make your plans, but you must hold them loosely as with an open hand so that you can be led by the Spirit. Your next step, My guidance, and even your safety depends on your ability to follow, says the Lord. Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.

There is great strength and sense of purpose when you maintain spiritual connection with Me, says the Lord. Be one with Me here and now, and refuse to allow your love for Me to become lukewarm. If your focus shifts to the things of the world, or if you are distracted by circumstances, you will lose interest in things unseen. Romans 1:20-21 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Wake up and be vigilant. The enemy is going to stir up envy and jealousy, which will cause you to make comparisons between yourself and others. This will result in unnecessary offense. But, you can easily escape this trap by getting away from self-focus and emotional neediness. Walk and live in the Spirit, says the Lord. Forgive and move on. 2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Refuse to allow any darkness at all in your soul or spirit. Walk in the light of truth. Be kind and do good to everyone in your sphere of influence. It is time to cleanse your heart of all offense and be a vessel of My love, says the Spirit of the Lord. Rise up to a new and solid place of peace and righteousness in your heart. Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come and follow Me. You have heard My word and you have embraced a glorious principle. If you will apply that principle, the kingdom of God will become brand new to you in ways that you have not understood and in ways you have not yet experienced. For the kingdom reality is hidden in the realm of the spirit, the kingdom of God. And, that connecting point is within you so that you can experience the fullness of this day and of this new season, as well as that which I will do with you corporately and personally. Don’t miss out on the opportunities that I am giving you to experience My presence and My kingdom in a fresh new way, says the Lord God.

Holding On Author Unknown
You think I know what I'm doing, but I'm just holding on
In a world that's full of darkness and always doing wrong.
I try to do the right thing, yet bad choices I have made and
Forgiveness isn't easy; however, a road my Lord has paved.
Paved with love and understanding that my sins are washed away.
Cleansed the day he died for me and in my heart he'll stay.
Holding on to the hands of my Lord is something I must do,
For his hands they lead and guide me; always seeing me through.

God Show Me The Way by Ruth Ann Mahaffey
There are times I wonder, can I make it through this day?
Then I know for sure I can, for God shows me the way.
The best day of my life, is what today is going to be
If you wonder how I know, it's because God holds the key.
I may stumble or I may fall as day turns into night
But then I look towards the sky and see the shining light.
I'll hold my head high; I'll have a happy heart
Just so long as God and I are not very far apart.
The hardships in my life, have made me stronger still
It's because within my heart, I believe it is God's will.
I marvel at God's simple gifts he gives to me and you
The sun, the clouds, the flowers... glistening with morning dew.
Today I shall not worry of things that I have not,
Instead I'll say a prayer of thanks, to God, for what I've got.
Today I'll try to cheer a friend, who is feeling down,
I'll ask God to place a smile, where once there was a frown.
I'll also remember, that worry is a waste of time,
Because my faith in God ensures, everything will be just fine.
Before I go to bed tonight, I'll gaze at the heavens above,
For where else could I possibly look to find eternal love?

BE ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING By Jo Ann Kelly
Do not worry about tomorrow.
God holds each day in the palm of His hand.
Yesterday's cares have all past.
God sees the future, only He understands.
With Christ in control, there is no reason to fear.
He knows the beginning from the end.
He will walk with you through all your days.
Be anxious for nothing. Jesus is your dearest Friend.
The problems of life that cause worry
Are not worthy of causing alarm.
Jesus will keep you safe in His care.
He will go before you, to keep you safe from all harm.
Trust in the Lord, completely.
Acknowledge Him in all your ways.
Lean not to your own understanding.
Jesus is Lord of all our days.

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord , you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:11-12

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

I cried out, "I'm slipping!" and your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalm 94:19

My help comes from the LORD, who made the heavens and the earth! He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep. The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. Psalm 121:2,3,8

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased" (Hebrews 13:15-16).

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Closed by Sally I. Kennedy
He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:3-4
Patches of anemone type flowers in bright yellows and neon pinks clustered about our front walkway. So eye-catching, and they thrive in the brutal heat of our tropical days. At night, however, they close up and shut down, as do the bright lemon colored alamanda vine in the backyard. The droopy gray-green succulent leaves look nearly dead. In fact you probably wouldn't even notice them at all.
Have you heard the saying, "Pray at night and give your problems to the Lord; He'll be up all night anyway."
It is comforting to know that God is never closed. That is good news.
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Psalm 3:24
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. Psalm 3:5
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure. Psalm 16:9

Lord, I want to be a God-pleaser in all I do today, not a man-pleaser or a coward. I really want Your truth and the freedom it brings in my life at all times. Help me face up to the truth, receive it and act on it today.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 23
Joash Crowned King of Judah
1 In the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and made a covenant with the captains of hundreds: Azariah the son of Jeroham, Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, Azariah the son of Obed, Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri. 2 And they went throughout Judah and gathered the Levites from all the cities of Judah, and the chief fathers of Israel, and they came to Jerusalem. 3 Then all the assembly made a covenant with the king in the house of God. And he said to them, “Behold, the king’s son shall reign, as the Lord has said of the sons of David. 4 This is what you shall do: One-third of you entering on the Sabbath, of the priests and the Levites, shall be keeping watch over the doors; 5 one-third shall be at the king’s house; and one-third at the Gate of the Foundation. All the people shall be in the courts of the house of the Lord. 6 But let no one come into the house of the Lord except the priests and those of the Levites who serve. They may go in, for they are holy; but all the people shall keep the watch of the Lord. 7 And the Levites shall surround the king on all sides, every man with his weapons in his hand; and whoever comes into the house, let him be put to death. You are to be with the king when he comes in and when he goes out.” 8 So the Levites and all Judah did according to all that Jehoiada the priest commanded. And each man took his men who were to be on duty on the Sabbath, with those who were going off duty on the Sabbath; for Jehoiada the priest had not dismissed the divisions. 9 And Jehoiada the priest gave to the captains of hundreds the spears and the large and small shields which had belonged to King David, that were in the temple of God. 10 Then he set all the people, every man with his weapon in his hand, from the right side of the temple to the left side of the temple, along by the altar and by the temple, all around the king. 11 And they brought out the king’s son, put the crown on him, gave him the Testimony, and made him king. Then Jehoiada and his sons anointed him, and said, “Long live the king!”
Death of Athaliah
12 Now when Athaliah heard the noise of the people running and praising the king, she came to the people in the temple of the Lord. 13 When she looked, there was the king standing by his pillar at the entrance; and the leaders and the trumpeters were by the king. All the people of the land were rejoicing and blowing trumpets, also the singers with musical instruments, and those who led in praise. So Athaliah tore her clothes and said, “Treason! Treason!” 14 And Jehoiada the priest brought out the captains of hundreds who were set over the army, and said to them, “Take her outside under guard, and slay with the sword whoever follows her.” For the priest had said, “Do not kill her in the house of the Lord.” 15 So they seized her; and she went by way of the entrance of the Horse Gate into the king’s house, and they killed her there. 16 Then Jehoiada made a covenant between himself, the people, and the king, that they should be the Lord’s people. 17 And all the people went to the temple of Baal, and tore it down. They broke in pieces its altars and images, and killed Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars. 18 Also Jehoiada appointed the oversight of the house of the Lord to the hand of the priests, the Levites, whom David had assigned in the house of the Lord, to offer the burnt offerings of the Lord, as it is written in the Law of Moses, with rejoicing and with singing, as it was established by David. 19 And he set the gatekeepers at the gates of the house of the Lord, so that no one who was in any way unclean should enter. 20 Then he took the captains of hundreds, the nobles, the governors of the people, and all the people of the land, and brought the king down from the house of the Lord; and they went through the Upper Gate to the king’s house, and set the king on the throne of the kingdom. 21 So all the people of the land rejoiced; and the city was quiet, for they had slain Athaliah with the sword.

Dear Lord, we know that you are present in our lives as we face the unknown. Help us to entrust ourselves to your loving care. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply