Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 2/1

Christ desires that every one of his followers live unencumbered by our old nature and develop strong wings to fly free as new creations.

The Bible tells us that God has come to us in Christ, received us as children, and given us all that we need. Our faith in God’s love moves us to show this same hospitality to others. Each day we can be thankful for the hospitable acts of others. And as a response to God’s love coming to us through them, we can look for ways to show “hospitality and welcome” to each one we encounter.

God is always present, watching over us.

God steadies us when our way becomes treacherous.

When we face such sudden changes and losses, we may wonder where God is and be tempted to give up. But in such times we can remember that God is with us. God will show us kindness in the midst of tragedy and loss.

When we listen to and act on what we have heard from God, we will not wander from Him and suffer terrible consequences.

Prayer doesn’t change God’s attitude toward us, it changes our attitudes toward God.

SECRET GIFTS by Russ Lawson
I know it is still near enough to Christmas for you to think of that, but that is not the point I am trying to make here. It's that sometimes life gives you a surprise and you discover a gift you never knew you had. God's word puts it this way, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28, NLT)
About 20 years ago when we were missionaries to Kenya, East Africa I lost about 50% of my hearing. I had malaria (this was one of many times) and the doctor put me on pure quinine for an extended period of time. The results were that it burned out the nerves in my ears and thus the hearing loss.
I never really thought much about it; you just live with it and get on with life. Thankfully the latest pair of digital hearing aids have restored my hearing to almost normal levels.
Through the years as I struggled to stay in touch with the world I slowly picked up the ability to read lips. Granted, not as well as someone who had actual training, but enough to pick up lots of lost words and conversations. Again, this is not something I ever thought about; it just was part of life.
We have had one of our elderly members of our church in the hospital for the past two weeks, much of that time in an induced coma. She is out of the coma and beginning a very difficult recovery period. She has a tracheotomy which keeps her from being able to speak and is unable to control a pencil well enough to write.
When my wife and I visited yesterday, this sister was trying unsuccessfully to communicate. It was frustrating to her and to her family and the nurses. What a surprise when I discovered that I could read her lips and make her needs known to the nurses and her family. I admit it was a struggle and she had to say some of the words several times, but we found out where she was hurting and what she needed at the time and were able to get her some help. We even were able to answer some of her questions.
I wonder how many of you who read these words have secret or maybe hidden gifts, simply because you have never tried to use them. Or perhaps you have never been forced into a situation where they can be put to use. Maybe you need to get out of your comfort zone and try to expand your gifts.
I wonder what God has prepared for you in your life? What's your secret gift? You see, even when things seem like they are a disaster in your life, there can be a hidden (secret) gift found there. Maybe you need to try new things, maybe things you are just a little hesitant to try. The results may surprise you as it did me! A hearing impairment as a blessing to someone else, I never would have thought of that! But as Paul said, "we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God..."

What Do You Do with Doubt? by Becky Toews
“I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John….” (Luke 7:28)
Have you ever struggled with doubting God? Where is your goodness, God? Why did you let this happen? When will you come? Cynicism erodes our hope; skepticism infiltrates our faith. Add to this a heavy dose of guilt for doubting in the first place and you’ve got a hard load to carry.
We should know better than to doubt, but circumstances we weren’t prepared for seem to short-circuit the memory of past faithfulness. I would guess most of us have questioned either God’s love or sovereignty at some point in our Christian walk.
John the Baptist certainly did. Languishing in prison, he who was once so filled with certainty found himself perplexed as to whether Jesus really was the Messiah. His growing doubts culminated in sending his disciples to ask Jesus the most pointed of questions: “Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?” (Luke 7:19) The “voice in the desert,” the “preparer of the way,” the “baptizer of the one on whom he had witnessed the Holy Spirit descend” was having second thoughts. Whoa!
How did Jesus respond to John’s apprehension? Did he condemn John for his lack of faith? Did he chastise him for being a poor witness? Did he whip out a law that declared, “Thou shall not doubt”? It was none of the above.
Jesus told John’s disciples to report what he was doing – healing the sick, raising the dead, preaching the good news. These were all prophetic signs of the Messiah. John knew the scriptures. The word of God was affirming God’s word. And although John’s response is not recorded, I think it’s safe to say his doubts vanished.
The larger lesson for me in this story lies in how Jesus viewed John in the midst of his doubts. He neither dismissed his questions nor disregarded his discouragement. Instead, he reaffirmed John’s call and lauded him to the people: “There is none born of woman greater than John the Baptist…” I find that remarkable. It’s so unlike how my shortsighted vision expects Jesus to react to my doubts.
Doubt appears to be, as Martin Luther says, “inseparable to man and knowledge.” But let us not linger in its shadows too long. Let the grace of Jesus lead us back into the light of all that is true, all that is certain.
God in Heaven, You know the times I have doubted, and the worries I am carrying in my heart even now. Make me deaf to Satan’s lies. When he whispers that You have forgotten me, turn me to the cross so I can remember how much You love me. When he suggests that my sins are too great or I’ve gone too far and too long, help me to see that Your love and forgiveness stretch further and farther. There is nowhere I can go where You are not already there. Thank you for being the answers to my doubts, over and over and over again. Amen
Questions: What doubts are clouding your walk? How are you dealing with them?

Start Something! by Emmie Stanley
“Gideon said to Him, Oh Lord, how can I deliver Israel? Behold, my clan is the poorest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” (Judges 6:15, AMP)
Gideon is living proof that anybody can do something significant when the Lord is involved. In Gideon’s time, Israel was being continually oppressed and harassed by the Midianites, an enemy whose numbers were beyond counting. They came like locust, ravaging the land and leaving Israel completely impoverished.
This was no small problem, certainly not the sort of thing a fellow like Gideon would look at and say, “We can take them!” But God called Gideon and Gideon rose to the occasion. He and his three hundred men took back the land and started something that ushered in forty years of peace and rest for Israel.
This really blows the lid off of the question “what can one person do?” It is not about how insignificant we are. It is about how big God is and our willingness believe Him and obey when He calls us to start something! What is God asking you to do? Does it seem impossible? If you will take that first step, He will meet you there and something will happen. When Gideon obeyed, God sent him all the help he needed.
Imagine our impact if every one of us stepped up to what God was asking us to do.
So go ahead… start something… and see how God will send you help, and together you can change your world!
“The Lord said to him, Surely I will be with you, and you shall smite the Midianites as one man.” (Judges 6:16, AMP)
Father in Heaven, Help me to truly believe that You are always with me. Help me to live like someone who truly believes it. Don’t let me shush the dreams You have placed in my heart. Teach me to bring these dreams to You in faith so that we can walk forward in boldness, together. Amen
Question: What is God asking you to do? What would it take for you to say “yes”?

A Friendly Reminder by Linda McCutcheon
“I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God even with my dying breath… But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God.” (Psalm 146: 2 & 5, NLT)
Our brain is a mighty machine. The power of the brain is insurmountable. Inventions, creations, books, justice, and love – all of these things are possible because of this fist-size God-given brain. Other times the brain may be used for negative actions and our thoughts can certainly give us stinkin’ thinkin’.
Let’s use today to be reminded of some wonderful and true deeds of Our Mighty God. Write them down to remind yourself when you are discouraged or feel off track. Takes these truths and claim them with God. I am going to be sharing from Psalm 146. God is a God of action verbs. Let’s take a look.
* Made Heaven and earth, sea, and everything in them
* Keeps every promise forever
* Gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry
* Frees the prisoners
* Lifts the burdens of those bent beneath their load
* Protects the foreigners among us
* Cares for orphans and widows
* Frustrates the plans of the wicked
The sin in our world has clouded and made things difficult. Selfishness reigns in our society where people are hurt, starving and lonely. We have to pray for our world and the grief it has caused so many, but God has not changed. Ask God to help you in your circumstance. Some days we may struggle and wonder about these words. Don’t give up because we can’t know the whole picture. Use your mighty machine, the brain, to claim and remind yourself of these promises and ask God to help you trust and hope in Him. The last verse of this chapter says to praise Him. When we do that, we are encouraged.
Father God, Please help us claim these promises. For generations our world has been in a mess and maybe we are too. We need your help. Thank You for Your love. We need Your hope, protection and guidance today. In His all-sufficient name, Amen.
Questions: How about today, can begin to believe in these verbs? Can you trust God today to take care of you and your situation?

Don't Get Bitter Author Unknown
Betrayal is something others do to you; bitterness is something you do to yourself.
It's impossible to go through life without being hurt. It may be an unfaithful spouse, an employee who slanders you or a boss who fires you without explanation.
Sitting at supper with His disciples, Jesus said, "One of you will betray Me." (Mark 14:18) Shortly after that, Judas betrayed Him with a kiss. Some folks will kiss you today and kick you tomorrow. But Jesus refused to become bitter. That's because He knew Judas’ kiss would usher Him into His destiny.
Nor did Jesus turn His back on Peter when he denied Him. Instead, Peter was the only one He mentioned by name when He arranged to meet His disciples for breakfast following the resurrection. Jesus saw Peter in the light of his potential, not his problems. What Peter did at one moment didn't keep Jesus from seeing what he would become when His grace touched Peter's life.
And you must be that way too. This is why Paul wrote: "Get rid of all bitterness... Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:31-32) So eliminate any words of bitterness from your conversation. Stop rehearsing the details of your past unless it's to teach and encourage others to rise above theirs.
How often do you revisit your old issues? What are you doing to make sure no bitterness remains in your heart? God says, "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing." (Isaiah 43:18-19)

Getting Along With Difficult People by Bob and Yvonne Turnbull
What's the main problem with this world? Easy answer: People.
Probably most of us have felt that way at one time or another... especially with those people who are like Heavenly Sandpaper... the ones the Lord allows to be in our lives, but who "rub us the wrong way." Or so we think.
For example, it might be "Judy the Judger" who is critical of what everyone does and says, including telling a family member they're not loading the dishwasher exactly perfectly. Or, "Mark the Martyr" who complains about how hard he works on church projects and makes sure everyone – and we mean everyone – around him hears how nobody appreciates his efforts.
In our case, our heavenly sandpaper was a young woman in a class we taught when Bob was on the staff of a church in Southern California back in the 80's. The moment she arrived she needed our constant attention... in our faces, telling us every detail about her work day, asking nonstop questions, trying to dominate every discussion group we had. Frankly, she was one of those who made us feel every time we saw her we wanted to get out of Impulse Power and jump into Warp Drive Five in an opposite direction. We couldn't, however, since we were the teachers. We figured we would tolerate her until the six-week class was over. And by-the-way, yes, she was a Christian.
One day when the two of us were having devotions together we read the passage of Romans 15:7 – "Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God," we realized we hadn't been doing this with our heavenly sandpaper. When the Apostle Paul wrote this verse, the word acceptance meant – "Welcome with open arms." We knew we were not even close to welcoming her with open arms and that our approach was ungodly and down right impolite. Tolerating, yes. But accepting? No! We weren't accepting her in an unconditional way, as Christ had accepted us. We wanted her to change so we could feel more comfortable. Know what we mean?
We decided to put on what we call our Jesus Specs. That means those invisible glasses we can all put on so we can view people the way Jesus views them through God's eyes – worthy of respect – which will show up in the way we talk and treat people.
Wow! What a difference when we put them on! His view always helps us separate the person from the behavior. Let's run that by again. Our Lord helps us separate the person from the behavior. He will help us all discover what it is in a person's life that makes them so difficult. What we discovered about that woman, and subsequently about most difficult and irritating people, is that the vast majority of them just want others to accept and care for them. Unfortunately, their behavior usually causes others to react in the opposite way. And, oh, let's not forget that the two of us, and maybe even you, just "might" be a difficult person to others. Hmmmm. Sometimes we never think of that, do we?
Anyway, viewing this particular woman through our Jesus Specs, we took the initiative to find out more about her life. We found out her parents had passed away when she was a child and she'd grown up in an orphanage since there were no other relatives in her life. She was passed over by people wanting to adopt because she was older than what the couples wanted. As a teenager, she met a guy who finally gave her the attention she so desperately needed. They married, but within a year he'd left her.
So here was a very hurting young lady who desired so much to be accepted but everyone seemed to reject her. She wanted acceptance and here we were showing her merely tolerance. We were very ashamed of our attitude and our lack of love and sensitivity. God used our heavenly sandpaper to teach us a great lesson about acceptance and how to live out 1 Corinthians 12:25 – "There should be no division in the body, but its parts should have equal concern for each other." We confessed before our Lord, accepted His forgiveness and turned our attention and interest toward this woman. She became more alive with smiles, appreciation and thanksgiving. We mean it really showed.
Who is your heavenly sandpaper? Your spouse? A child? Someone you're dating? Family members? Neighbor? Co-worker? And on and on?
And, by the way, it's okay to let your heart pound as God distinctly places these people in your mind – those who need your love and attention and who are not receiving it from you. Remember, God has placed these people in your life for a reason. To deal with them, always put on your Jesus Specs and see them as God sees them through the eyes of Christ our Lord. They will look very, very different. We all know what God wants – and what those "special" people placed in our lives need. It's your choice.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Stop and discern. Realize that you have stepped into a new spiritual flow. You are leaving behind the chaos and difficulty of the past ten weeks, and you will now have greater freedom and clarity. You will be able to deal more effectively with any trauma you sustained in that period of transition. I am releasing you into an anointing of ease if you will receive it by faith, says the Lord. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I speak to those who feel like you have been moving through mud. Let all defilement of flesh and spirit be removed from you, for you are being prepared to move into a time of spiritual purity. If you will allow it, I will send a cleansing flow of My Spirit. You will be purged and washed and made ready for an elevation in righteousness so that you can receive greater revelation of My kingdom, says the Lord. Trust Me and yield. Psalms 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Draw near and stay close to Me, says the Lord. Renew your commitment to Me in your heart, and fulfill your dedication through keeping your intentions pure. Watch diligently and overcome temptations that are designed to take you off course. These are indeed perilous times, but I have chosen you for such a time as this to live in truth and righteousness. You are Mine, called by My name. 1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

I am in the process of removing unnecessary burdens from you. I will strip away those things that have been an inordinate requirement of your time or sapped your energy and other resources. The result of this process will be a more complete focus on your purposes in My kingdom, says the Lord. Be willing to let go of everything that has become unproductive. John 15:2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."

Beloved, I would have you get to the place of truth, righteousness, and transparency with nothing to hide. This will require you to turn from all sin and iniquity--everything that produces shame and dishonor. I will show you what you need to deal with through conviction of My Spirit, says the Lord. Nothing is hidden from My view; everything is exposed. There is no place you can go where I don't see you. Psalm 139:7-12 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," even the night shall be light about me; indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.

I want you to focus; I need your attention so that you can be an instrument of My will. Quiet your soul so that you are positioned to fulfill My purposes and not strive to fulfill your own desires. Rise up in the realm of the Spirit where you can live in My presence, says the Lord. Do this deliberately. I take great delight in your sanctification and dedication to Me. Acts 17:26-28 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, "For we are also His offspring."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
You are children of light. You are to dwell in the light and let the light shine through you. Let it bring forth the purposes of My kingdom that will become a standard and a plumb line that will draw many into My house. Come with expectation, for I have never failed you. Establish yourself in this time with your heart's desire to see divine purpose and to live according to that which I show you. The knowledge and revelation of those things that pertain to this season will reveal your gifting, purposes, and destiny as well as the power and authority that I have placed upon you. Set a watch, for the enemy will speak things to you that will tempt you to back off from your commitment and calling. His words of accusation will attempt to convince you that you are not truly Mine and that you are not truly gifted. But, I say to you that My word has been declared, and My purposes are established and will continue to come forth. Only believe and receive My present work, says the Lord.

Always by Nancy Burr
I'll always have faith in You Jesus
although I cannot see.
I know that You will always stay
right here beside me.
I'll always look to You Jesus
Your name each day I'll call.
I know no matter what I face
You'll catch me when I fall.
I'll always trust in You Jesus
from You I will not leave.
Even when I'm weak and lost
in You I will believe.
I will always love You Jesus
and I know that You love me.
I long to live my life for You
so that everyone will see.
That You are Lord of my life,
You're the reason that I live.
No matter what may come my way
my all to You I give.
I'll await your return Jesus
for You my heart does yearn.
I long to see You face to face
so I'll wait for Your return.
I'll always live for You Jesus,
I give You all my praise.
You mean everything to me
and I'll follow You all my days.

Look To My Father by Nancy Burr
What do I do when life’s falling apart?
I’ll look to my Father above.
What do I do when nothing goes right?
I’ll think of my Savior’s love.
When my head is spinning and I cannot walk
I’ll reach for my Father’s hand.
He’ll hold me close to Him giving me strength
So on my own I can stand.
When life seems hopeless and I face despair
I’ll turn to the Father of hope.
And when I’m afraid to face a new day
He’s there to help me cope.
I know there is nothing that He will not do
To rescue one of His own.
And I’m just so thankful no matter my grief
I’ll never be alone.
When I am lost He takes hold of my hand
And lovingly guides my way.
When sadness finds me and tears fill my eyes
He teaches me how to pray.
No matter what challenges face me each day
He’ll help me not fall apart.
For Jesus is Love and I know He loves me
And forever His hope’s in my heart.

If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2

I lift up my eyes to the mountains — where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:18

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. James 1:16-18

37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:37-38

25 “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. Exodus 23:25

Are You A Cling Wrap Follower? by Katherine Walden
We've all seen the image of a father trying to walk as he drags along his children who cling to his legs. Amusing in theory, not so amusing in practicality. After all, it's hard to get much work done when you have clingy children demanding your attention. Even the most tolerant parent of a demanding child will admit that they feel drained of not just their physical energy but also their emotional and mental energy. As much as they love their child, as finite beings, they are incapable of being an endless source of everything their child needs. For the sake of their child's healthy development and for their own sake, they must lovingly guide their child toward some semblance of independence; giving them the tools to develop the ability to meet some of their own needs in a more healthy way.
Sometimes, this is as simple as a mother disentangling her child's limbs from around her torso and handing the child over to her husband for a few minutes while she takes a breather. A simple action, yes. An easy solution, no. However, no one has successfully entered the work force or stood before a minister to be married while clinging to his mother's or father's pant leg.
Do you have someone in your life that you consider a mentor or a spiritual parent and they don't seem to be as approachable as of late? I present these musings for your consideration:
Are you approaching your mentor or spiritual leader as a teachable son who is cognizant of their mentor's human frailties? Even the most 'spiritual' Christian needs times of rest and restoration. Perhaps, they are mentoring more than one person. Perhaps their personal responsibilities demand their energy and full concentration for a period of time.
Are you impatiently demanding that they 'fix' you or solve your situation? Even if you never speak the words 'fix me', your attitude will carry your expectations to them, wearying them and placing upon them a burden Christ intended that He alone carry for you. Perhaps, for their own spiritual health and for yours, they have had to step back to prevent unhealthy enmeshment.
More than likely, they still love you but they are awaiting a humble heart so they can once again speak into your life. Perhaps, they are waiting to catch your attention so they can point you toward the One who never wearies, who never sleeps and who can easily carry our burdens as He matures us past spiritual infancy into spiritual adulthood.

Welcoming God, thank you for sustaining us with your love and giving us all that we need. Help us to open our hands and our hearts to others. Teach us to trust you always. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 9
Jehu Anointed King of Israel
1 And Elisha the prophet called one of the sons of the prophets, and said to him, “Get yourself ready, take this flask of oil in your hand, and go to Ramoth Gilead. 2 Now when you arrive at that place, look there for Jehu the son of Jehoshaphat, the son of Nimshi, and go in and make him rise up from among his associates, and take him to an inner room. 3 Then take the flask of oil, and pour it on his head, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord: “I have anointed you king over Israel.”’ Then open the door and flee, and do not delay.” 4 So the young man, the servant of the prophet, went to Ramoth Gilead. 5 And when he arrived, there were the captains of the army sitting; and he said, “I have a message for you, Commander.” Jehu said, “For which one of us?” And he said, “For you, Commander.” 6 Then he arose and went into the house. And he poured the oil on his head, and said to him, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘I have anointed you king over the people of the Lord, over Israel. 7 You shall strike down the house of Ahab your master, that I may avenge the blood of My servants the prophets, and the blood of all the servants of the Lord, at the hand of Jezebel. 8 For the whole house of Ahab shall perish; and I will cut off from Ahab all the males in Israel, both bond and free. 9 So I will make the house of Ahab like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah. 10 The dogs shall eat Jezebel on the plot of ground at Jezreel, and there shall be none to bury her.’” And he opened the door and fled. 11 Then Jehu came out to the servants of his master, and one said to him, “Is all well? Why did this madman come to you?” And he said to them, “You know the man and his babble.” 12 And they said, “A lie! Tell us now.” So he said, “Thus and thus he spoke to me, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord: “I have anointed you king over Israel.”’” 13 Then each man hastened to take his garment and put it under him on the top of the steps; and they blew trumpets, saying, “Jehu is king!”
Joram of Israel Killed
14 So Jehu the son of Jehoshaphat, the son of Nimshi, conspired against Joram. (Now Joram had been defending Ramoth Gilead, he and all Israel, against Hazael king of Syria. 15 But King Joram had returned to Jezreel to recover from the wounds which the Syrians had inflicted on him when he fought with Hazael king of Syria.) And Jehu said, “If you are so minded, let no one leave or escape from the city to go and tell it in Jezreel.” 16 So Jehu rode in a chariot and went to Jezreel, for Joram was laid up there; and Ahaziah king of Judah had come down to see Joram. 17 Now a watchman stood on the tower in Jezreel, and he saw the company of Jehu as he came, and said, “I see a company of men.” And Joram said, “Get a horseman and send him to meet them, and let him say, ‘Is it peace?’” 18 So the horseman went to meet him, and said, “Thus says the king: ‘Is it peace?’” And Jehu said, “What have you to do with peace? Turn around and follow me.” So the watchman reported, saying, “The messenger went to them, but is not coming back.” 19 Then he sent out a second horseman who came to them, and said, “Thus says the king: ‘Is it peace?’” And Jehu answered, “What have you to do with peace? Turn around and follow me.” 20 So the watchman reported, saying, “He went up to them and is not coming back; and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he drives furiously!” 21 Then Joram said, “Make ready.” And his chariot was made ready. Then Joram king of Israel and Ahaziah king of Judah went out, each in his chariot; and they went out to meet Jehu, and met him on the property of Naboth the Jezreelite. 22 Now it happened, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, “Is it peace, Jehu?” So he answered, “What peace, as long as the harlotries of your mother Jezebel and her witchcraft are so many?” 23 Then Joram turned around and fled, and said to Ahaziah, “Treachery, Ahaziah!” 24 Now Jehu drew his bow with full strength and shot Jehoram between his arms; and the arrow came out at his heart, and he sank down in his chariot. 25 Then Jehu said to Bidkar his captain, “Pick him up, and throw him into the tract of the field of Naboth the Jezreelite; for remember, when you and I were riding together behind Ahab his father, that the Lord laid this burden upon him: 26 ‘Surely I saw yesterday the blood of Naboth and the blood of his sons,’ says the Lord, ‘and I will repay you in this plot,’ says the Lord. Now therefore, take and throw him on the plot of ground, according to the word of the Lord.”
Ahaziah of Judah Killed
27 But when Ahaziah king of Judah saw this, he fled by the road to Beth Haggan. So Jehu pursued him, and said, “Shoot him also in the chariot.” And they shot him at the Ascent of Gur, which is by Ibleam. Then he fled to Megiddo, and died there. 28 And his servants carried him in the chariot to Jerusalem, and buried him in his tomb with his fathers in the City of David. 29 In the eleventh year of Joram the son of Ahab, Ahaziah had become king over Judah.
Jezebel’s Violent Death
30 Now when Jehu had come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she put paint on her eyes and adorned her head, and looked through a window. 31 Then, as Jehu entered at the gate, she said, “Is it peace, Zimri, murderer of your master?” 32 And he looked up at the window, and said, “Who is on my side? Who?” So two or three eunuchs looked out at him. 33 Then he said, “Throw her down.” So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered on the wall and on the horses; and he trampled her underfoot. 34 And when he had gone in, he ate and drank. Then he said, “Go now, see to this accursed woman, and bury her, for she was a king’s daughter.” 35 So they went to bury her, but they found no more of her than the skull and the feet and the palms of her hands. 36 Therefore they came back and told him. And he said, “This is the word of the Lord, which He spoke by His servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying, ‘On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs shall eat the flesh of Jezebel; 37 and the corpse of Jezebel shall be as refuse on the surface of the field, in the plot at Jezreel, so that they shall not say, “Here lies Jezebel.”’”

Dear Lord, give us strength and courage to grow into spiritual freedom. Thank you for your constant presence with us, even when we don’t realize you are there. Help us always to trust in you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply