Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2017, 04:37 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

October 21

Fellowship
The fellowship in AA is unique.
Ties are made overnight that it would take years to develop elsewhere.
No one needs a false front. All barriers are down.
Some who have felt outcasts all their lives now know they really belong.
From feeling as if they were dragging anchor through life, they suddenly sail free before the wind.
For now they can be of tremendous and peculiar use to others having a dire need like their own.
- The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], p. 259

Thought to Ponder
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

AA-related 'Alconym'
B E S T = Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Humility
"The attainment of greater humility
is the foundation principle of each of AA's Twelve Steps.
For without some degree of humility,
no alcoholic can stay sober at all.
Nearly all AA's have found, too, that unless they develop
much more of this precious quality
than may be required just for sobriety,
they still haven't much chance of becoming truly happy.
Without it, they cannot live to much useful purpose,
or, in adversity, be able to summon the faith
that can meet any emergency."
c.1952AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 70

Thought to Consider . . .
I didn't learn humility with my head.
I learned humility with my heart.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
T R U S T = Try Relying Upon Steps and Traditions

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Forthright and Generous
Step Nine: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
As soon as we begin to feel confident in our new way of life and have begun, by our behavior and example, to convince those about us that we are indeed changing for the better, it is usually safe to talk in complete frankness with those who have been seriously affected, even those who may be only a little or not at all aware of what we have done to them. The only exceptions we will make will be cases where our disclosure would cause actual harm. These conversations can begin in a casual or natural way. But if no such opportunity presents itself, at some point we will want to summon all our courage, head straight for the person concerned, and lay our cards on the table. We needn't wallow in excessive remorse before those we have harmed, but amends at this level should always be forthright and generous.
1981, AAWS, Inc., Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pages 85-86

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Only by accepting my powerlessness over alcohol did I begin to discover the powers that alcohol had obliterated: God, health, truth, love, nature, fellowship, humor, creativity, and even simple daily kindness."
Barrington, Ill., June 2007
"In Your Bones,"
Into Action

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"To be gravely affected, one does not necessarily have to drink a
long time nor take the quantities some of us have. This is
particularly true of women. Potential female alcoholics often turn
into the real thing and are gone beyond recall in a few years."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 33~

"Therefore, we started upon a personal inventory. This was Step Four. A business which takes no regular inventory usually goes broke. Taking a commercial inventory is a fact-finding and a fact-facing process."
Alcoholics Anonymous p.64

We do talk about each other a great deal, but we almost invariably temper such talk by a spirit of love and tolerance.
-Alcoholics Anonymous p.125

Can we bring the same spirit of love and tolerance into our sometimes deranged family lives that we bring to our A.A. group?
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p.112

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

It seems to me that the primary object of any human being is to grow, as God intended, that being the nature of all growing things.
'Our search must be for what reality we can find, which includes the best definition and feeling of love that we can acquire. If the capability of loving is in the human being, then it must surely be in his Creator.
'Theology helps me in that many of its concepts cause me to believe that I live in a rational universe under a loving God, and that my own irrationality can be chipped away, little by little. This is, I suppose, the process of growth for which we are intended.

Prayer for the Day: Run The Race - Help me this day, Higher Power, to run with patience the race that is set before me. May neither opposition without nor discouragement within divert me from my progress in recovery. Inspire in me strength of mind, willingness, and acceptance, that I may meet all fears and diffivulties with courage, and may complete the tasks set before me today.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply