Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 28

When we turn to God, we have no need to wander.

When our heart is full of anguish, we can cry out to God. We pray, and then we remain still and listen. And God meets us.

God can do more with our little than we could do with everything.

Regardless of how bad our lives might be at the moment, we can still trust God to bring about glorious good in our lives.

Regardless of our age, God can use us.

When praying, don’t give God instructions, just report for duty.

Reliance upon God will bring us inner strength and peace.

5 THINGS TO DO INSTEAD OF COMPLAIN By Jon Gordon
I’ve been speaking to a lot of organizations around the country and one thing I keep hearing from leaders and employees is that complaining is at an all time high. I’m not surprised. There are usually two main reasons why we complain. 1. We complain because we feel powerless. 2. We complain because it’s a habit. The economy has shaken a lot of people’s foundations and we feel powerless which leads to a rise in habitual complaining.
But complaining isn’t something new. Think about the Israelites who had spent years as captive slaves and within a short time of being freed they start complaining. They complained about being hungry. They complained about not having enough water. They complained about living in the wilderness. They even said it would be better to be back in Egypt as slaves rather than be free in the desert. Four hundred years of slavery, and they didn’t appreciate the freedom and blessing they have been given.
Here’s the thing, God doesn’t want us to be complainers, He wants us to live with a spirit of joy and thanksgiving.
“Now when the people complained, it displeased the Lord…” – Numbers 11:1 (NKJV
“Do all things without complaining and disputing…” -Philippians 2:14 (NKJV)
So today I want to encourage you to adopt a No Complaining Rule and go on a complaining fast. Not because it will make everyone around you happier, although it will, but because it will help you experience more of the peace and joy that God wants for you, and it will help you build strong, positive relationships with others.
Believe me; I know a lot about complaining. I use to be a professional complainer and found that it not only sabotages your happiness but the morale of your team and family.
To help you break out of a “complaining” rut here are five things you can do instead of complain. These tips will help you realize you are not powerless. You have the power to choose your beliefs and actions. And in your focus on the positive instead of the negative you'll find the faith, strength and confidence to take on life’s challenges and identify the solutions to your complaints.
1. Practice Gratitude. Research shows that when we count three blessings a day, we get a measurable boost in happiness that uplifts and energizes us. It's also physiologically impossible to be stressed and thankful at the same time. If you are focusing on gratitude, you can't be negative. (Psalm 118:24)
2. Praise Others. Instead of complaining about what others are doing wrong, start focusing on what they are doing right. Praise them and watch as they create more success as a result. Of course, point out their mistakes so they can learn and grow, but make sure you give three times as much praise as criticism. You can energize and engage your coworkers by encouraging them and their work. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
3. Focus on Success. Start a success journal. Each night before you go to bed, write down the one great thing about your day. The one great conversation, accomplishment, or win that you are most proud of. Focus on your success, and you'll look forward to creating more success tomorrow. (Philippians 4:8)
4. Let Go. Focus on the things that you have the power to change, and let go of the things that are beyond your control. Give it up to God and trust Him with the outcome. You’ll be amazed that when you stop trying to control everything, it all somehow works out. Surrender is the answer. (Proverbs 3:5)
5. Pray. God wants to hear from you. He wants to have a personal relationship with you on a daily basis. Take your worries to Him and He will help you. If you’re a skeptic, also know that scientific research shows that daily prayer reduces stress; boosts positive energy; and promotes health, vitality, and longevity. When you are faced with the urge to complain or you are feeling stressed to the max, stop, be still, plug-in to the ultimate power of God and recharge. (Philippians 4:6)
Scripture of the Day: “Do all things without complaining and disputing…” -Philippians 2:14 (NKJV)

Right Direction? by Julie Cosgrove
“And they said to him, ‘Inquire of God, please, that we may know whether the journey on which we are setting out will succeed.’ And the priest said to them, ‘Go in peace. The journey on which you go is under the eye of the Lord.’” (Judges 18:5-6, ESV)
I was 15 minutes away from speaking at a downtown church, and all of the one-way streets confused me. I quickly became turned around. Some people have built-in compasses which help them determine north from south. Not me. I had no idea where I was. I pulled into a parking lot and pulled out my cell phone for the GPS ***?no bars. I bowed my head, blinked back tears of growing frustration and prayed, “God help me. I need to know where I’m going.”
I suddenly realized that whispered prayer hit deeper than just my physical location at the moment. It applied to my life’s journey as well. I had been trying to find my own way, convinced it was God’s way. I was relying on my own sense of direction, which is faulty at best.
Do you feel lost today? Let us know how we can pray for you.
If I strike out on my own at each turn down this journey, how can I succeed? I need to ask directions before I begin the next leg of this trek, rather than asking for a blessing once I’m on my way. On my own I will keep turning down streets this way and that, or zip along thinking it will lead me to the destination which I am sure God has in mind. I need to get the instructions from Him before I head out.
In God’s wisdom, He may only give me one short directive at a time, similar to a GPS. Turn left, go 400 yards, turn right, go straight for 3 miles, etc. Step by step, I must rely on His wisdom to lead me in the direction He wants my life to go. That requires total trust in His authority, even if the surroundings look unfamiliar (or even unwanted) to me. Like the GPS, when there is silence between the directive responses, I must trust that means I am still on the right path and don’t need to vary my route until I get the next command. That takes even more faith.
One thing I do know is that unlike the GPS *** on my phone, my LORD will always give me full bars. God’s Protective Spirit is my reliable GPS, and the line of communication is always open. Nothing can block that signal unless it’s my own stubbornness.
Dearest Lord, thank you for being the guiding force in my life along this journey. As I seek your directions, I will be on the right path and under your watchful eye. Guard over me and help me to stay on this path You have set. Amen.
Questions: Where are you on your path and whose directions are you tuned into hearing?

A Piece of Cake Author Unknown
A little boy is telling his Grandma how everything is going wrong. School, family problems, severe health problems, etc. Meanwhile, Grandma is baking a cake. She asks her grandson if he would like a snack, which, of course, he does.
"Here, have some cooking oil."
"Yuck" says the boy.
"How about a couple raw eggs? "
"Gross, Grandma!"
"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"
"Grandma, those are all yucky!"
To which Grandma replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake! God works the same way.
Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!"
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and yet, He chose your heart.
Hope your day today is a "piece of cake"!

GOD IS MY HELP by Tom
David writes in Psalm 54:3, "Strangers are attacking me; ruthless men seek my life - men without regard for God."
Does this sound anything like the week facing you? Does it describe the week you had last week? Does it describe every week of your life? Are strangers coming at you from every direction with no regard for God and determined to see you fail? Are troubles coming at you fast and furious? Maybe the attacks are not from ruthless men, but they are schemes of the devil: negative thoughts, destructive thoughts, tempting thoughts, vengeful thoughts, greedy thoughts, or hateful thoughts.
If you are committed to following God and living as one after God's own heart, like David, these may very well be in your future, or perhaps they describe your life today. Whether the attacks come from "ruthless men without regard for God," or from strangers from the unseen world of Satan, the plan is the same: to slander you, to destroy you, to ruin your reputation, to discourage you, to frustrate you, to weaken your influence, to damage your family, and to devastate your world.
Notice how David responded in Psalm 54:4:
"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." (NIV)
"But God is my helper. The Lord keeps me alive!" (NLT)
"You will help me, Lord God, and keep me from falling;" (CEV)
These thoughts should go with us as we face the strangers, the enemies, and the attacks that fall in our path:
The Lord is the one who sustains me.
The Lord keeps me alive.
The Lord will keep me from falling.
If you find yourself discouraged, defeated, and deserted, remember:
The Lord is the one who sustains me.
The Lord keeps me alive.
The Lord will keep me from falling.
These words are not intended to minimize the difficulty of any painful situation, or your own unique struggles. Instead, they are written with the hope that whatever attack you may face this week you will remember that it is the Lord who sustains us, it is the Lord who keeps us alive, and it is the Lord who will keep us from falling.
We cannot survive the attacks of this world or the demonic world on our own. We must depend on the Lord. David's source of strength is our source of strength. The Lord is the one who sustains us. The Lord keeps us alive. The Lord will keep us from falling. He will deliver us in all our troubles.
The Lord is the one who sustains me. God is my help.

Wrestling On Our Knees by Jim Clark
"The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer... I mean those who take time and pray." -- S.D. Gordon
It all began ten years ago when our son, Aaron, contracted the flu. Standing up to his strong will, we urged him to stay in bed throughout the weekend. On Sunday morning I went to church by myself while my wife stayed home with Aaron and our daughter, Shannon. It was an uneventful morning -- until I arrived home from church.
As I walked into our front door, my wife rushed to meet me with these words: "You wouldn't believe what happened this morning. Aaron's fever shot up suddenly and he began to have a seizure." While I was enjoying worship at church, our house was filled with firemen and paramedics. It was a terrifying moment for Susan and our daughter as they witnessed this six-year old boy shake with convulsions. What a relief it was to us when the seizures stopped and the medical personnel felt it was safe to leave him.
The one incident that stands out for me that morning is when Aaron first began to have the seizure. Susan immediately turned to Shannon, who was three at the time, and said, "Start praying for your brother." This miniature prayer warrior promptly leaped up, ran to our bedroom, got on her knees and began praying for her big brother. Realizing Aaron was in danger, Shannon fervently prayed for God to heal him. She took prayer very seriously.
I want you to keep before you that vivid image as we think about wrestling from our knees. I want you picture our young daughter on her knees, pleading with God to take care of Aaron. Then imagine yourself kneeling by your bed, entering the throne room of the living God, and pleading on behalf of a person you love whose soul is endangered.
"On His Knees Before God" - Tucked away in the book of Colossians is the name of a man whom the apostle Paul held in high esteem. This man wasn't known necessarily for his great teaching. Paul didn't commend him for how he preached or for the many souls he won to Jesus Christ. His notoriety came not from how he stood before crowds and talked about the resurrected Lord, but how he knelt before the King of Kings and prayed for others.
His name was Epaphras. Paul mentions him three times. The apostle called him "a faithful servant of Christ" (Colossians 1:7) and "a fellow prisoner with Paul" (Philemon 1:23). The description of this godly man that stands out to me in bold print is that he was known simply as a man who was "always wrestling in prayer" for others (Colossians 4:12).
What about you? How would others describe you? How would they describe your prayer life? Are you wrestling in prayer for those you love? Why not start right now? Get a notepad and begin to keep track of those you who need your prayers and begin praying for them everyday.

Spiritual Makeovers by Barbara Alpert
Are you feeling radiant today? If not, it might be time to take a deep, spiritual breath.
“Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” (Psalm 34:5)
Have you ever encountered someone who has gone through a spiritual makeover? As soon as you see him/her, your jaw drops, your eyes widen, and you utter, “Wow!” Outwardly, they look stunning, as though a bright light is shining directly through them. Moreover, inwardly their demeanor and disposition have changed. They have received a spiritual makeover performed by the One and only, God himself. They sought after Him and a divine transformation took place!
Now, let us look at some spiritual makeovers found in the Bible. We notice this radiant glow transcending from Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 6:15 we read, “All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.” Another example is in Exodus 34:29-35 when Moses comes down from Mount Sinai after spending forty days and forty nights with the Lord. Moses’ face was so radiant that Aaron and the Israelites were afraid to come near him. They clearly saw God’s presence in him. Thirdly is Jesus’ transfiguration on the mountain. In Mathew 17:2 we read, “There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.”
So how does one obtain such inner and outer radiance? The word of God and His indwelling Spirit has the power to transform you from the inside out. When you take time to be alone with God and allow Him to do a marvelous work within you, you will sparkle like a radiant gemstone. God’s illuminating Spirit will shine through you as you adhere to God’s ways of living.
In 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 we read, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.”
Although your face may never light up as in the case with Moses, Stephen, and Jesus, time spent with God is never wasted. It will have a positive effect on your life. When you allow God to dress you with His righteousness your eyes sparkle and your inner beauty glimmers. You’ll have gone through a spiritual makeover and others will undoubtedly recognize that there is something different about you. Allow the Spirit of the Lord to give you a makeover from the inside out, transforming you from glory to glory into Christ likeness.
Heavenly Father, I desire to experience a change in my life like no other time. I want people to witness Christ in me. May the radiance of Your love, beauty, and affection flow from within me unto others. Holy Spirit I want to be transformed from the inside out. Help me to renew my mind and to live an obedient life that is pleasing to God. In Jesus name, Amen
Questions: Are you willing to allow God to perform a spiritual makeover in and through you? Have you come to witness the glory of the Lord shining through someone in your passing?

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved ones, come into the secret place of the Spirit, and make your requests known to Me, says the Lord. It is easy to just say prayers without engaging your faith and will, but I'm calling you to pray in spirit and in truth where your prayers create reality. Come and commune with Me from the depth of your soul, not religiously but genuinely with a heart of faith and surrendered will. Then, watch and see the manifestation outwardly of your inner desires, says the Lord. You will be forever changed. Matthew 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Be on the alert, for I am revealing the truth of situations and circumstances so that you can deal with issues that continue to keep you from the flow of My Spirit. Be open and receive the wisdom that I am pouring forth into your life and being. There are changes to be made if you are to prosper in this new season, says the Lord. If you try to protect your sin or keep it covered, it will only cause harm. Be honest and open with yourself and with Me. Transparency is the order of the day. Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

There are things and people that you have been holding on to that are no longer relevant to your life. You must now release everything that keeps you connected to the past in order to make room for what is coming. Much of what you have refused to let go of has actually become an anchor that holds you back. I call you to raise your anchors and unfurl your sails so that the wind of My Spirit can move you into the freedom of My purposes for you, says the Lord. John 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

In a dream I was in my father's house. My parents were gone, but they had both a shower and a bathtub, and some people from our church came into the house to get cleaned up for the church service. When I awoke, I knew that there had been twelve people who had gotten cleaned up. Twelve is enough, the number symbolizing divine government, signifying that God is in charge. And, the Lord said that He wants to manifest His presence among His people in a fresh way, but we have to clean ourselves up spiritually to prepare a place for Him to do His work. Psalms 119:9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word.

Be patient and wait for the proper time and opportunity to deal with places of division and strife. There are corrections to be made, but certainly not in the heat of the moment. I am in process of revealing hidden motives and attitudes in yourself and others that can result in honest examination and communication. Refuse to rise up in pride in any confrontation. Humility is the key to resolution, says the Lord. Ephesians 4:30-32 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.

Pay attention; I am going to reveal the truth of every situation and uncover manipulations and deceptions that have hindered your progression in fulfilling My purposes, says the Lord. It is time for you to see clearly and to be free from delusions and fantasies. The more clearly you see and understand truth, the greater your freedom and empowerment in the realm of the Spirit. It is your destiny to be free. John 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am the Lord God Most Holy, and I come to you this day to touch you, to bring you to a place of remembrance that I, by Myself, visit My people with Holy Fire to bring you higher and to bring you beyond the journey that you have been on. I will bring you into the valley of vision that you might see and understand My purpose in this season. Come with faith, come to receive, come and be refreshed, renewed, restored, and healed. Let My Spirit burn in your spirit and let that fire transform you and take you beyond the natural. Let it take you into the supernatural realm, and let it happen now, says the Lord.

I Surrender by Nancy Burr
Father above it is my desire,
To know You and love You more.
All of my days I want to serve You,
It's You I want to live for.
You are the reason that I live,
Each day is a gift from You.
So Father it is my heart's desire,
To serve You in all I do.
Lord I surrender my heart and my soul,
Let Thy will be done.
I'm here for You Father, please use me,
To win hearts one by one.
I'll shout to the world that You are my God,
Ashamed I will never be.
I'll live my life so that others can see,
That You are living in me.
To live all my days serving You.
Is my desire dear Lord.
To love You and know You fills me with joy,
Loving You is my reward.

Whatever The Cost by Nancy Burr
Father God what a treasure You are.
You created the moon and every star.
You made me too and I praise Your name.
For no matter my sin You love me the same.
I know I must choose between the world and You.
So I've made my decision, I'll follow You.
No matter the cost I'll stay by Your side.
I'll run to You, in Your arms I will hide.
They try to trick me to turn me from You,
But I will stand firm for I know you are true.
A child of Yours I will always be.
Whatever the cost You're worth it too me.
I'll tell the whole world that You are my King.
I will not be ashamed, with my voice I will sing.
I'll shout from the mountains that "Yes I believe"!
That you came to save us and You'll never leave.
I'll see You someday, in heaven we'll meet.
I long for that day, it will be so sweet
No matter the price I will not turn away.
For I am Your child and with You I will stay.

Instructions to the Rich
17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. 18 Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, 19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

Submit to God, Resist the Devil
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:5-11

A Boy Is Healed
14 And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. 16 So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.” 17 Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” 18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” 20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:14-21

6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

1“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. Matthew 7:1-2

9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:9-11

Various Exhortations
12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22

Rest by R. Toddy Jadoo
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis. 1:1)
How many hours of rest do you get in a 24-hour period? Notice I did not ask how many hours of sleep do you get. We can sleep and yet not rest. Today it’s harder than ever to get rest. We have the right to the pursuit of happiness. That pursuit may come in the form of the internet, video games, sporting activities, getting educated, getting healthy and getting ahead! Who has time for rest?
Yet statistic shows that this is the first generation where the parents will outlive their kids! We have more diseases without definite causes than any other time in history. We also have more prescription drugs available to us so we make use of them. We can take a pill when our body is tired and we are unable to sleep but do we really get rest?
Don’t get me wrong. I am not saying that sleep is rest. It is one of the ways to rest. Resting comes in different forms and sometimes playing a video game may be one of those ways to rest.
Here are the 10 most common symptoms of lack of sleep/rest:
1. Depression
2. Appetite Changes
3. Weight loss or gain
4. Trouble when speaking
5. Fatigue
6. Hallucinations
7. Memory Loss
8. Tremors
9. Irritability
10. Dizziness and lack of concentration
Our bodies need rest in all its form and sleep has many benefits. In fact, our body rebuilds and regenerates new tissues and cells when we sleep.
In Jesus’ day people were “running on empty”. Empty of physical, mental, social and spiritual rest. Jesus came to show us His Father's heart and everything He did pointed to that. So what was in the Father’s heart with regards to resting? Go back to creation and you will find on every single day God created something new, including rest.
Day 1: Light, Day and Night. (Gen. 1:3)
Day 2: Sky (Separation of water and sky) (Gen. 1:6)
Day 3: Dry ground and seas, vegetation, plants, trees, fruits (Gen. 1:11-13)
Day 4: Sun and moon, stars (Gen. 1:14-19)
Day 5: Living sea creatures, winged birds (Gen. 1:20-23)
Day 6: Livestock, creatures that move along the ground, wild animals, Mankind (Gen. 1:24-31)
Day 7: The Day of Rest (Gen. 2:2-3)
Are you truly resting in the Lord? Have you lost track or forgotten that special time you had with your Father? I encourage you to come back to Him and find that rest. Claim it! It’s your birthright!
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
Father help me to rest in You. Help me to come to You every day and to allow You to pour Your love all over me – my mind, my body and my soul. Thank you for loving me as You do. Amen
Questions: Are you weary in body and soul? Would you ask God to teach you about His rest and how you can have it in every area of your life?

A Simple Prayer
Today, For what I am that I ought not to be, Forgive me. For what I am not that I ought to be, Forgive me.
Be with my mouth in what it speaks
Be with my hands in what they do
Be with my mind in what it thinks
Be with my heart in what it feels
Work in me
...through me
...for me
...in spite of me
In the precious name of Jesus, Amen

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 110
1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. 5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. 6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries. 7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving us purpose and for revealing yourself to us through your word. We praise you for your mercy and steadfast love that endure forever. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply