Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - July 7

People may learn how to rearrange their behavior and become more socially acceptable, but only God can transform the human heart and enable real change for the better.

We must not repay evil for evil, instead we need to pray for God’s help for those who hurt us.

God looks on the inside and sees who we truly are and how valuable each of us is. As we serve God and others, we become more inwardly and lastingly beautiful.

Our heavenly Father has given us the Bible and its guidance for our lives. The Bible constantly reminds us how much God loves us (John 3:16), and it is there to keep us on the path to a blessed life.

Each day, look for someone who needs your help — and give it in the name of Christ.

God has given every believer at least one talent or spiritual gift to use. The artist who created the painting did this, making part of the world more beautiful. By using our talents and gifts, we do the same. But more than that, we can reflect God’s character and love. Each kind word, helpful deed, and act of obedience proclaims God’s grace.

Christ the Good Shepherd knows his own sheep by name. When Christ called to Mary at the tomb, she recognized the Lord and told others that he was alive. Isn’t it amazing that Christ knows each one of us by name? And if we listen, we will hear him call and we can follow him — not only to be loved but also to love. Your name may not be Peter, but the Lord loves even you.

Trust in God by Jessica Foumena
“But the Lord inflicted serious diseases on Pharaoh and his household because of Abram’s wife Sarai. So Pharaoh summoned Abram. ‘What have you done to me?’ he said. ‘Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife?’” (Genesis 12:17-18)
In two instances, Abraham (Abram) asked Sarah (Sarai) to say she was his sister, not his wife. The first time was in Egypt. The Bible says that “there was a famine in the land and Abram went to Egypt to live there for a while because the famine was severe.” (Genesis 12:10) However, Abraham feared that he would be killed if people knew that the beautiful Sarah was his wife. (Genesis 12:13) So he asked her to pose as his sister instead.
When they got to Egypt people did notice how beautiful Sarah was and Pharaoh took her into his household. God was not very happy about the whole situation and punished Pharaoh and his household with serious diseases. Pharaoh was forced to let Abraham and Sarah go.
You would think that Abraham would remember this experience and trust GOD with his life from that day forward. But he did not. Out of fear, Abraham lied again to Abimelech king of Gerar. (Genesis 20:1-2) God warned Abimelech about Sarah in a dream (Genesis 20:3) and Abimelech asked Abraham to leave with his wife and offered him his land. (Genesis 20:14)
Like many of us, Abraham had to deal with fear: fear of rejection and even death in these two cases. Which fear is holding you back? Has it led you to compromise your Christian faith? I must admit that I have compromised my faith out of fear but I know it is never too late to return to God. When we experience fear we can’t rely on ourselves, our means or even our friends. Only God is able to deliver us from the fearful situation or circumstance we face. He did it with Abraham and He will do the same for you.
Today, I would like to invite you to trust God. He will be there to protect you from any situation you might face.
Father, When I am afraid and quick to run away, remind me of Your great love for me. Amen
Question: Have you ever compromised your Christian faith out of fear?

Enticement and Entrapment by Barbara Alpert
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:8)
I live in the Sunshine State of Florida, so I see many people fishing from piers, boats, and sandy shores. Some use imitation lures while others prefer live bait, hoping to entice and catch some fish for the day. If the fish falls for the bait, he is more or less a goner. He is snatched from his thriving environment, placed in a bucket, and is held captive for whatever comes next. If the fish did not fall for the alluring bait, he would be free to live in the water.
In Genesis 2 & 3, God instructed Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Satan lured Eve to disobey God by enticing her to eat fruit from this same tree. Adam and Eve had it made, but they fell prey to the enemy. Instead of living freely in a divine environment, God banished them from the Garden of Eden to toil in foreign territory.
When Esau sold his birthright to his younger brother Jacob, he demonstrated how fleshly impulse and an uncontrollable appetite could thwart future blessings. In Genesis 25, Esau returns home famished and demands that Jacob give him something to eat. Jacob, the trickster, agrees to give Esau a bowl of stew in exchange for Esau’s birthright. Upon making an oath to Jacob, Esau relinquishes his future leadership position and double-portion inheritance in exchange for immediate gratification. Had Esau taken a few moments to count the real cost of that “bowl of stew”, he would not have made this unwise decision.
In Mathew 4:1-11, Satan tempted Jesus three times in the desert. Jesus overcame all three temptations by using the Word of God. Jesus did not use his divine power to defeat Satan nor should you try to use your own strength. The same weapon that Jesus used, the Word of God, is your best defense in overcoming the enemy who seeks to entice and entrap you.
If you do not use caution when temptations come, you will fall prey to the enemy, your fleshly desires, or enticements from others. In James 4:7 we read, “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” At all times, be on alert so no form of enticement can entrap you. It is imperative that you watch out for the ever-so-subtle temptations that come your way. Choose to stay far, far away from the fisherman’s hook, so you do not end up in a bucket of dire consequences.
God’s word says, “I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.” (Deuteronomy 30:19b-20a) Seek daily to stay close to God, resist temptation, and choose life for you and your loved ones. Remember, momentary pleasures never outweigh future blessings God offers to those who overcome temptation.
Father, Keep me close to You so that when Satan tries to tempt me I’ll see his lies for what they are and not be tempted. Amen.
Questions: Have you been forfeiting God’s best for momentary pleasures? Is there any particular bait the enemy dangles in front of you?

Humility says, “Wow, God!” by Suzanne Benner
“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:29)
“Jesus answered, ‘My teaching is not My own. It comes from Him who sent Me…He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but He who works for the honor of the One who sent Him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about Him.” (John 7:16 & 18)
“I am not seeking glory for myself…” (John 8:50a)
It’s mind-boggling to consider the humility of Jesus. Although God Himself, Jesus didn’t seek His own glory. He didn’t follow His own plan. He didn’t speak His own words.He didn’t teach His own ideas. Jesus did only what the Father commanded and sought to bring glory to God alone.
Jesus showed us how to live a humble life. As creatures made by God, our greatest purpose is to glorify Him. Ponder what it means to be God’s creation.
I like to knit and often receive compliments on the sweaters I’ve made. Imagine how ridiculous someone would look speaking to my sweater: “I love how you’ve woven yourself into such an intricate design! You must have worked hard to become so soft. And your color, how did you achieve such a rich hue?” The sweater has done nothing worthy of praise, it is simply my creation.
So it is with us. God created us. He made us wise or diligent or artistic or funny. Any praise we receive should go to Him. Humility instructs us to acknowledge that anything good in us came from God.
Humility teaches us to say, “Wow, God!”
Wow, God, You’ve made me more generous this year than last year.
Wow, God, You enabled me to hold my tongue when I was criticized.
Wow, God, You’ve produced patience and hope in my family during trying times.
Holy Father, I want to be humble like Jesus, to claim nothing for myself, but instead give You all the glory. Amen
Questions: How do you understand Jesus’ humility? Share a “Wow, God!” story with us.

Way-ward Child by Julie Cosgrove
“’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD.” (Isaiah 55:8)
Oh, how I can cling to that verse, don’t you? But why is it so often that God’s ways are not the way we think things should be? Our vision of the outcome of our fruitful efforts is often so different than what actually happens. It’s hard not to hang our head in disappointment and ask, “Why?”
Two examples of this happened to me just this week. I had spent six months setting up a women’s conference with an awesome speaker. We’d sent out announcements, flyers. Only a very small number of responses came in and even fewer of the women in my church stepped forward to help with the event – and we were hosting it!
I volunteered to be on the phone lines for the local Christian radio’s fundraiser. This station touches lives and have led many to Christ. Clearly they are doing God’s work on earth. Yet, they came nowhere near to the levels of donations needed to reach their operating costs—again.
We can only see the right now. Our eternal Father sees all of today and tomorrow, what is and what is to come. When we were little and on a road trip in the family station wagon, we trusted that our Dad knew where we were going and how to get us there. It did little good to whine when we saw a billboard for something and wanted to stop to see it. Dad knew the schedule, and how much gas it would take to get us where we needed to go. He had the budget firm in his mind and had plotted the journey, including little stops along the way that he knew we’d like to see.
As God’s children, we must trust that our Heavenly Father has a plan, even if we do not understand it. He knows the best way and how to get us where we need to go. It may not be our idea of the way things should turn out, but that’s okay. His way will prove to be the best time and again.
Heavenly Father God, we do not always understand Your purpose in our lives. We at times seem so sure to the outcome of our efforts for your glory, only to be disappointed because they do not turn out the way we’d hoped. Renew in our heart the hope that trusting in you as your children can bring. Instill in us the knowledge that You do have a plan and Your way is always the best. We pray this through your Son. Amen.
Question – What is your reaction when things do not turn out the way you wanted them to, even if it has been for God’s work?

Building on a Solid Foundation by Barbara Alpert
“I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” (Luke 6:47-49)
It’s amazing how children’s fairytales from long ago mimic the parables Jesus spoke of in the Bible. The tale of the Three Little Pigs aligns with Jesus’ teaching about building our lives on a solid foundation. The story illustrates the outcome of the wise and foolish builders found in Mathew 7 and Luke 6.
Before the three little pigs left home to find their life’s fortune in the world, their mother told them, “Whatever you do, do it the best you can”. Sadly, the first two little pigs took the easiest way and built their homes out of straw and sticks. However, the third little pig was wise and built his house out of bricks. As the story unfolds, the big bad wolf huffs, puffs, and blows the first two houses of straw and sticks down. The two little pigs run to their brother’s house built of brick, and the wolf was unable to blow it down. Eventually, the wolf flees the scene and the three little pigs survive! The moral of the story is that the third pig listened to his mother’s wisdom, obeyed her advice, and built his life upon a solid foundation in order to survive.
The foundation you build your life up on determines how well you hold up during the storms of life. The unexpected huff might play havoc on your health, the surprising puff may claim your career and finances. The startling blow may literally bring your entire home to the ground. Do you have rock solid faith to handle one of these impediments? If you are apprehensive, it is never too late to build a stronger spiritual foundation which will strengthen you for whatever life hurls your way.
Jesus teaches that we must be wise and build our lives on a solid foundation. In Mathew 7:24-27 He says, “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
Your relationship with Christ will stand the test of time. Getting to know Him better and applying the truths found in the Bible to your life will continue to strengthen your foundation. Anything else will fall away like a sandcastle that washes away when the tide comes in.
Dear God, Help me to build my life on a solid foundation based on your word. Holy Spirit help me to hear, listen, and apply truth into my life so that when the storms of life surface I do not loose my footing. In Jesus Name, Amen
Questions: Have you been building your life upon God’s word or on earthly things that are unstable? What things are you planning to do in order to build a stronger spiritual foundation?

Slavery in 2012 by Linda McCutcheon
“For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.” (Romans 6:6)
I am reading To Be a Slave in which Julius Lester shares testimonies of black slaves. I am appalled and heart-broken by the inhuman belief system depicted during this time in our history. Slavery has long been abolished, at least officially. But the truth is, we can still be enslaved in different ways today.
Slave to Possessions
There are belief systems that say, “If I just had a bit more then I would be happy.” Or “I need to build my empire so I can retire and finally enjoy life.” Some people say, “I want to prove to myself and everyone around me I can do this. Look at me!” Yes, look at you.
What if everything you have was stripped away? There is no possession that can give you peace and comfort. Working hard and planning for the future is very important, but what empire are you building that is of eternal value?
My heart grieves for people who are exhausted or so busy with life that they are not living. At the end of the day, have you taken a moment to look at the stars? Did you spend time with the kids, or help a hurting friend? Our world dictates whirlwinds but we don’t have to walk into them.
Slave to Passions
The saying, “If it feels good, do it” has been recycled in our culture time and time again. Truth is, life is not just about feeling good. Carelessly pursuing our passions can lead to heavy debt. We might find ourselves in a marriage breakdown or perhaps our addictions having gotten so out of control that they hurt not only us but our loved ones as well.
Some people live in fantasy worlds by always watching TV, playing computer games or living vicariously through books. All of these are fun but they need boundaries. Life is about living out what we are passionate about in proper perspective. What are your true passions? Are you passionate about reaching the lost? Injustice? Building a family home? Is there a passion that has started to become out of control?
Slaves to the Past
I see people live each day without victory. They cling to their past hurts and memories and can’t see that a new day is right in front of them. Life is full of possibilities. My past holds some painful memories and if I dwelled on them, I could be bitter. I choose to say “No” to that. There is much to enjoy despite some hard days, wouldn’t you agree? Putting life in perspective and being thankful for the day helps us look at the present and the future. We all have a past. Pack up the past in a suitcase and lock it. A new future waits for you as you live in the present.
Prescription for Slavery
As you put God first in your possessions, passions and past, He will heal your heart and restore your life. He will set you free! Enjoy God today. Live not for the moment, but IN the moment. This prescription will help you fight against such diseases as bitterness, malice, greed, and pride. Sometimes these things creep upon us and we aren’t even aware that we have become enslaved. Let your heart beat for an amazing quality of life. We don’t know the future, but we know the One who does.
Romans 6:6 says, “We know that the persons we used to be were nailed to the cross with Jesus. This was done, so that our sinful bodies would no longer be the slaves of sin.”
There it is. This is God’s prescription.
We all have choices to make. We have amazing opportunities, with God’s help, to better our lives. We have possessions to take care of, passions to pursue, and a past to let go of. We can proclaim as Isaiah did, “Don’t think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you not see it?”
Take some time to evaluate. Slavery is not an option. We have freedom….do you see it?
Father God, help us to take all our desires and dreams and make them Yours. Guide us to be all we can be so we can live in a freedom we never thought possible. Thank you for taking our slavery to the cross. Because of that our possessions, passions, and past are put in the proper perspective. In the all-powerful name of Jesus, Amen.
Question: Are you slave to Jesus today or a slave to possessions, passions, or past?

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Rise up in the realm of the spirit and speak to your mountain, that mountain that looms large before you that you do not know how to get around or over. I have given you the authority to move it out of your way so that you can progress unhindered. There are things that are beyond your ability to deal with in the natural realm, but all things are possible with Me, says the Lord. Speak to this mountain in My name. Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says."

I have heard your prayers for things that you would consider beyond your realm of responsibility, and I see and respond to your faith. Watch and be amazed at the answer to your prayer. You have reached higher and further than you ever thought possible, and I am well pleased with your desire to go higher in spiritual understanding and to exercise your faith on that level. Well done, My beloved servant, says the Lord. Matthew 25:23 "His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’"

You have been made kings and priests to rule and reign with Me in My kingdom. I have given you the authority to rise up in the face of adversity and gain the victory. Exercise your authority, and I will put the enemy under your feet. Don't let the devil get you down, says the Lord. Be strong, courageous, and triumphant. Romans 16:19-20 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Stand by to receive the wisdom you need to solve nagging and difficult problems. I will give you the solutions you need, and I will bring peace to your troubled soul. Refuse to allow despair to keep you from receiving instructions that will lead to constructive developments in your current dilemma. Take the position of faith, knowing that I will impart perfect understanding and direct your steps. says the Lord. Proverbs 24:3 Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established.

Beloved, I want you to listen for My voice. I want to speak encouragement to your soul and to direct you to higher places in the realm of the spirit. I want to give you wisdom and revelation of My kingdom, says the Lord. But, I need you to open your heart to receive all that I have for you, to quiet your soul, and perceive spiritually. Silence your flesh; listen, hear, and understand what I am saying to you. John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I prophesy to you, My people, that indeed it shall be that you shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Not only in the land of the living but the land in which you live. The space that you occupy in this earth belongs to you. It is yours to rule over. For, I have given you the power of My Spirit and by that power comes the dominion of the Holy One. So, rise up and take control. Remove the chaos in your lives. Establish the peace of God. Live and dwell in the joy of God. Understand that I am for you. I will not forsake you. I will not ever leave you without help in this land. You are called for such a time as this, says the Lord God.

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know - God answers prayer,
I know not when He sends the word
That tells us fervent prayer is heard.
I know it cometh -- soon or late:
Therefore we need to pray and wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought.
I leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own.
Author Unknown

PRINTS OF ELBOWS ON MY BED Author Unknown
I was but a youth and thoughtless,
As all youths are apt to be;
Though I had a Christian mother
Who had taught me carefully.
There came a time when pleasure
Of the world came to allure,
And I no more sought the guidance
Of her love so good and pure.
Her tender admonitions fell
But lightly on my ear,
And for the gentle warnings
I felt an inward sneer.
But Mother would not yield her child
To Satan's sinful sway,
And though I spurned her counsel
She knew a better way.
She made my room an altar,
A place of secret prayer,
And there she took her burden
And left it in His care.
And morning, noon and evening
By that humble bedside low,
She sought the aid of Him who
Understands a mother's woe.
And I went my way unheeding,
Careless of the life I led,
Until one day I noticed
Prints of elbows on my bed.
Then I saw that she had been there
Praying for her wayward child,
Who for love of worldly pleasure
Would her peace of mind destroy.
Long the conflict raged within me,
Sin against my Mother's prayers,
Sin must yield - for Mother never
While she daily met Him there.
And her constant love and patience
Were like coals upon my head,
Together with the imprints
Of her elbows on my bed.
And so at last the fight was won,
And I to Christ was led,
And Mother's prayers were answered
By her elbows on my bed.

He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

The LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for the Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

14 Do not enter the path of the wicked, And do not walk in the way of evil. 15 Avoid it, do not travel on it; Turn away from it and pass on. Proverbs 4:14-15

Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:9-21

Firmly Fixed by Kristi Huseby
“He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is firmly fixed, trusting (leaning on and being confident) in the Lord.” (Psalm 112:7, Amplified Bible)
What does it mean for my heart to be “firmly fixed”? I confess, my heart has a tendency to live by its feelings. I hear a scary news broadcast and I immediately begin to worry about the future. I don’t see God answering my prayers the way I think He should and then doubt that He is good. I have a difficult conversation with my husband and immediately go to the long laundry list of things he’s done wrong over the years. I begin my day with God but then don’t give Him another thought. I see a beautiful jacket at the store and impulsively buy it even though we don’t have the money.
Why do I live by my feelings? Why is my heart not “firmly fixed” on God alone? I want to live that way but find my heart to be capricious. Could it be that I don’t really trust God the way I say I do? Have I taken my eyes off of what is true and focused on my feelings instead?
In Lamentations 3 the prophet Jeremiah does the same thing. He’s angry with God. Listen to what he says in the first part of this chapter.
“He has walled me in, and I cannot escape. He has bound me in heavy chains. And though I cry and shout, he has shut out my prayers. He has blocked my way with a high stone wall; he has made my road crooked.” (Lamentations 3:7-9, NLV)
“He has made me chew on gravel. He has rolled me in the dust. Peace has been stripped away, and I have forgotten what prosperity is. I cry out, “My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!” (Lamentations 3:16-18, NLV)
The prophet Jeremiah wallows in his bitterness and pain for twenty verses. It’s easy to see how his thoughts are spinning around and around in his head, causing him to spiral downward into a pit of self-pity.
Ever been there?
But in Lamentations 3:21 things change. It’s as if a light shines out from the words on the page, cutting through the darkness. Listen to what he says, “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this…” He stops the downward spiral and chooses to remember.
“The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!’” (Lamentations 3:22-24, NLT)
What is Jeremiah doing here? He is choosing to take his eyes off his feelings and circumstances and to put it on the TRUTH. In spite of the way he feels, God is good. His love never ends and His mercies are new each day.
I don’t know where you are today, if you are struggling in the pit of despair, or if you’re living every day with a seemingly impossible situation. Wherever you are, God’s desire for you is that you trust Him and that your heart be firmly fixed on Him.
He wants you to know that His love never ends and His mercies never cease. Rest in that today, my friend. Give Him your anxious thoughts, your fears, your anger and your bitterness. He’s big enough to handle it. Then fix your eyes on Him.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of this earth with grow strangely dim
In the Light of His glory and grace.
(Helen H. Lemmel)
Question: What verse do you go to when you need to remind yourself of God’s goodness?

The Grail prayer
Lord Jesus
I give you my hands to do your work
I give you my feet to go your way
I give you my eyes to see as you do
I give you my tongue to speak your words
I give you my mind that you may think in me
I give you my spirit that you may pray in me
Above all, I give you my heart
that you may love in me
your Father and all mankind
I give you my whole self that you may grow in me
so that it is you Lord Jesus
who live and work and pray in me

Lord let me capture the pure spirit of a loving child when I speak Your name. Let me pray as a child prays, asking little for myself, much for other souls and for Your beautiful world. Protect me, sleeping and waking, from evil. Lead me by the hand to good works. Let me praise You in simple words and in glorious silence through all the days and the nights of my life. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 94
1 O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself. 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud. 3 Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph? 4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves? 5 They break in pieces thy people, O Lord, and afflict thine heritage. 6 They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless. 7 Yet they say, The Lord shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it. 8 Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise? 9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? 10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? 11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. 12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law; 13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked. 14 For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance. 15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it. 16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? 17 Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. 18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. 20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law? 21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. 22 But the Lord is my defense; and my God is the rock of my refuge. 23 And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off.

God our Father, you call each of us by name, and you treasure each of us individually as though no one else exists. Inspire us to respect and value each person who comes into our lives this day. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply