Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 3/14

It is in the silence of the heart that God speaks. --Mother Teresa

When you can't put your prayers into words, God hears your heart.

"I think God put children and pets in my life so that I could get just an inkling of how He feels about me. They may do things I don't like, or that upset me . . . but I never stop loving them, and I always adore them. That's how God (as I understand Him) feels about me, and that's just amazing!" --Unknown

In times of danger, God comes to us to comfort us.

God wants good for each of us.

God asks us to give ourselves freely and completely.

When you find yourself speechless, ask God for guidance.

Remembering past blessings can sustain us through today's trials.

Our prayers for one another show that we are the Body of Christ.

Christ offers each of us the light of life.

I Hate to Wait by Dr. James C. Denison
Waiting is the bane of my existence. If there are two lines at the movie theater, the one I choose will grind to a halt while the other glides by. Don't get behind me at a toll booth; the driver in front of me will be searching his seat cushions for quarters while the other lines whiz through. Bank tellers go on break when I get near the front of their line; supermarket checkout computers go on strike when I draw near.
Someone said that life is what happens to you while you're making other plans. Slowly I'm learning that there is redemption in every moment, as God uses each minute for his glory and our good. It's hard to think of a biblical hero who didn't take a detour on the way to his or her destination...
Noah spent 100 years building his ark before the rains finally came; Abraham and Sarah waited 25 years for Isaac; Joseph journeyed through Potiphar's prison on the way to Pharaoh's palace.
Moses spent decades running from Pharaoh before the Lord sent him back to free his people. God told David he would be king long before Saul gave up the throne. John had to go to Patmos to meet his glorified Friend and Lord.
Are you waiting on God this morning?
Perhaps you're praying without seeing answers, or waiting on a job that hasn't come or health the Lord has not restored. You need direction or provision from God, but he doesn't seem to be working on your timeline. One of the most frustrating reminders in Scripture is this statement from God: "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).
God redeems all he allows. If you're waiting on him this morning, there's a reason. He wants to use this delay to draw you closer to him, or prepare you for what comes next, or help you trust him in hard times. Remember that your Father never makes a mistake. His will is "good, pleasing and perfect" (Romans 12:2). His timing is always right.

WRITING STRAIGHT WITH CROOKED LINES by Joseph J. Mazzella
It was a terrible day to be on the roads. Snow had been falling all day long making them slick and hazardous. I would have much rather been in my warm, little home than driving along on such a windy and Wintry day. I didn’t have a choice though. I had to have my paper work turned in that day if I wanted to be paid for the work I had done that month, so it was a trip to the office for me and my son.
The wind cut into me as I walked out of the office and got back into my car for the 15 mile trip back home. The snow continued to fall as we drove along and I slowed the car down even more. I glanced over at my son in his heavy coat and orange toboggan as he looked peacefully out the window. In the eyes of the world he was looked upon as mentally handicapped. Over the years, however, I had begun to see him through the eyes of Heaven. What I saw was a beautiful, kind and compassionate soul with a ready laugh and a contagious joy. He had shown me more over the years about living and loving than I could have ever learned on my own.
I slowed the car to a crawl as we approached a sharp curb. As we rounded it I saw a shivering, young woman in a light jacket hitchhiking in the blinding, snow storm. I pulled over and let her in. She was headed to her Mom’s house to visit her son whom she hadn’t seen in months. As I drove carefully along she told me of her life. She had already been dealt a string of disappointments and tragedies that would have broken a lesser spirit. Yet, she still held out hope of a new job and a chance of building a life for her son and herself. After all she had been through she wasn’t about to let a Winter storm keep her from seeing the child she loved.
I took her as far as I was able and dropped her off at a place where I was sure she could catch a ride to take her the rest of the way. She thanked me for the lift and I told her I wished I could have done more to help. Then as I was about to pull away I saw my sweet son take off his orange toboggan, roll down the window, and give it to her. She put it on, smiled, and waved to us as we pulled out on the road. I waved back and said a prayer to God to watch over her and be with her always.
As we drove away I realized that God had once again written straight with crooked lines. He had used a necessary trip to get me out on the road when I would have rather been home. He had used a bad snow to slow me down enough to spot that shivering woman. He had used her story of overcoming so much to strengthen my own faith. And He had used my mentally handicapped but spiritually wise son to both touch her life and to show me again how we are supposed to give, to live, and to love in this life.
In this world we face so many adversities, challenges, problems, and tragedies. Sometimes it seems like our entire lives are a trip down a crooked, curvy, and hazardous road. Yet, God in His eternal love and infinite knowledge takes that crooked roadway and uses it to lead us straight back to love, to take us straight back to wisdom, and to guide us straight on to Heaven.

Window of Connection Author Unknown
As I was going to sleep, or maybe I was asleep, I heard a voice. The voice may not have been audible, but the voice spoke to me. The voice said, “When you open the door to let my light and love come in, you must learn all you can about me, you must commune with me, and you must get to know my will. When you do this, the window of connection is opened. Only then, can my love and light shine freely through you to others. It is then others can see Me in you. If a person does not take time to know me, how can they tell others about me? You must study by getting into my Word, where you can truly learn of me. When you do this, then, you can share my love with others. It is then, my ‘light’ will shine forth brightly. My spirit becomes alive, in you."
Suddenly, I found myself in a huge field that was filled with many wild flowers. Jesus asked me, “What do you see?” I replied, “I see flowers.”
“No, open your eyes and see.” He instructed. I hesitated, for all I could think to say is ”I see wild flowers everywhere.”
In a soft correcting voice He spoke, “This is God’s beauty that He has ‘given’ to His Children. You need to appreciate the wonder of His creation by spending more time in it.”
I knew that I was guilty of sitting in front of the television for too many hours and spending too much time on the computer. I had not spent time to enjoy the wonders He had blessed us with.
Then I was in a room filled with really disgusting looking individuals. I wrinkled my nose, but did not say a word.
The voice said, “You are to love the unlovable. As I have always loved you.” Then I looked at those in the room and thought yes, Jesus truly loved me and I was once so unlovable. I hang my head in shame.
All through this dreamy vision, I felt an overpowering love. A love that powerful yet peaceful; when I awoke all I could say was, “Thank You, Jesus….”

God Delights in You Author Unknown
"He brought me forth into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me." Psalm 18:19
I was blessed to grow up with parents who were positive, supportive, and encouraging. The words "I am proud of you" are one of their greatest legacies to me. I knew they loved me and showed it in a variety of very important ways. I knew they were very glad that I was their son.
If you did not grow up with that kind of advantage then the concepts of grace and unconditional love will be harder for you to accept. One of the reasons we send Biblical messages of encouragement is to help you hear God’s words and to help you trust in His boundless, joyful love and draw closer to Him. Psalm 18:19 is one such verse.
David wrote this psalm after escaping repeated attacks from Saul and his armies. A man who could have been a mentor and encourager for David became an implacable enemy. Other Psalms reflect David’s anguish during this very rough period in his life. David responded by seeking God even more and looking to Him for the support. God delivered Him.
The key phrase I want you to focus on concerns the reason God delivered David: "because He delighted in me." This phrase is joyful and exuberant! God delighted in David!
And God delights in you. Let that sink in. "He delights in you!" Even though you may not have been programmed from your childhood to hear and accept such truth, or perhaps because you have suffered rejection in adulthood at the hands of people who were once very close to you, you must trust and believe that God delights in you. He knows you deeply and individually as if you were the only person to know. He is capable of that kind of sustained regard and focus on you. His verdict: "I take delight in you." And for that reason He will deliver you.
So whatever you face, or whatever handicap you have in life, accept God’s rich love for you. Trust in it. Rely on it.

Just Like A Child by Joel Jongkind
Every once in a while, we are confronted with statements that question whether the stories in the Bible accurately describe those events or whether they even happened, so many years ago. Many of those events are ones on which our Christian faith is based. Sometimes, these statements are made in discussions that we may have with someone individually or in a group. Sometimes, they take the form of a magazine or newspaper article.
Most of these expressed observations are intended to create doubt about the basis of our faith. How can you believe that the world was created in six days, or how is it possible that Noah had two of every kind of animal in the world in the ark? A lot of the New Testament healings and miracles are often referred to. And indeed, there are a great many things which are hard to explain and difficult to accept, for sure. Many individuals and scholars have questioned and are still pondering the accuracy of the Bible. Many people, who at one time believed, are now doubtful. They just don't believe "that stuff" anymore, so they say.
Mind you, this is not a new phenomenon. Jesus commented on this problem:
Matthew 11:18-19 – For John [the Baptist] came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, "He has a demon." The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, "Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!" But wisdom is justified by her children. (NKJV)
Then, as now, people did not believe in Him:
Matthew 11:25 – At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes." (NKJV)
Matthew 19:13-14 – Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." (NKJV)
I think that Jesus is telling us that we should not try to understand everything; we should not attempt to explain everything. We should be like a child; we should have a childlike faith. We should accept the words of Scripture, plain and simple, and not try to analyze every word and every situation and every event. In many cases, it just brings doubt and confusion.
I don't think that we should get bogged down in some of the hard-to-understand passages but rather accept the comfort that faith in Christ gives us under all circumstances on a daily basis. We should trust Him, have faith in Him, and believe, just like a child.
Our Father in heaven, there are so many times when we are confronted with controversial statements and ideas as they relate to Your Word, and we ask that You will continue to give us comfort from the words of Scripture as they speak to our hearts. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Remember Me, O My God Author Unknown
""And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven." (Nehemiah 1:4)
Nehemiah's name means "the Lord's Comfort." He was a prayer-warrior in every sense of the word. Whenever a situation arose, Nehemiah went straight to the Lord. We don't see him faltering or wavering. What we see is constant open communication with God.
Nehemiah spent most of his prayer time praying for others. In the first chapter of Nehemiah, we hear his heartfelt cry for Israel. It isn't until the end of his prayer that he asks for the privilege of being used by God.
Nehemiah trusted in the Lord. He knew God would make a way for the protective wall around Jerusalem to be rebuilt. Was it easy? No! Nehemiah and his people were taunted, attacked and burdened with an economic crisis almost to the point of failure. They endured the verbal and physical scorns from their opposition. "From that day on, half of my men did the work, while the other half were equipped with spears, shields, bows and armor. The officers posted themselves behind all the people of Judah who were building the wall. Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other," (Nehemiah 4:17)
But, Nehemiah always reminded them that God would fight their battles. He kept encouraging them.
With the wall completed Nehemiah gathered the people and had Ezra the priest, read the "Book of The Law." Israel realized the error of their ways, confessed their sins and repented. Nehemiah once again had pointed the people to God.
Intercessory prayer is so important in our life. It takes the focus off of our self and places it on God. Are your prayers more focused on your own requests or those of others? Who do you consistently pray for? If your intercessory prayer life needs help, why not start today by making a commitment to pray for others around you? And like Nehemiah you will find favor in God's eyes!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
This is a time when the fruit of the past five years will come to maturity. To understand this you may have to examine the theme of that time period and be particularly sensitive and discerning as to what it has produced. Prepare yourself for a new beginning when old things will lose their importance and your interest. You will have prime opportunities to turn your thoughts more completely to spiritual things and your relationship with Me, says the Lord. Psalms 5:3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.

Take a mental inventory of your life and its various components to determine how you are influenced and how you influence others. The goal of this examination is to clear out those things that are unclean or impure--things that defile. Make the internal decision to surrender fully to the leading of My Spirit, says the Lord. I will transport you into a place of righteousness that you have yet to experience. James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Follow the dictates of integrity. Let righteousness rule in your heart so that you can behave according to your belief in the truth of My Word. It is important that you, as a representative of My kingdom, can be trusted. Set yourself to live up to the standards that I have set for you, says the Lord, and I will empower you to do all that I have set before you. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I am moving My people to higher spiritual ground. In order for you to be part of that company, you must individually release others from offense and division. My Body is not fragmented; it is a whole unit. You must forgive each other and love one another in righteousness from a pure heart, says the Lord. Only then will you be available to advance spiritually. 1 Peter 1:22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart.

I have opened a door to the season ahead of you. It will be a time when you will be able to see and understand spiritual truth with greater clarity--a season of freedom from bondage and past difficulties that will bring refreshment to your soul. You stand at the very threshold of a new beginning, but you must first put the past firmly behind before you can move ahead. Let go of everything that is holding you back, says the Lord. Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I see you. I know you. I know the struggles that you have gone through. I have seen and known the curses that have come upon you. I see and know the plan of the enemy against you. I know all of these things because I am God. But, please understand that it is not My will for you to suffer at the hand of the enemy. And, that is why I have given you the Holy Spirit of anointing who will rest upon you and empower you to be that which I have called you to be so that these works that I have done you can do. And it comes down to this point: Children of God, all you have to do is believe that all things are possible that I have spoken of regarding My people and it shall be so with you, says the Lord. Rise up! Shout with a voice of joy. Get over the defeat of compromise, the defeat of heaviness, the defeat of infirmity, and those things that hold you and keep you from My purposes. For, when I do this extraordinary and great work in this season, it is My company of redeemed that shall arise and they shall be the chosen ones that go forth into battle to destroy the works of the enemy. They will shake themselves free from every yoke which has been put upon them. In My name, do the work. And, I Myself, shall be with you to confirm that work with signs and wonders following.

The Path Of Faith by Shirley W. Langley
I know not why that on this path
My feet were made to trod.
I only know my destiny
Is best left up to God.
He does not lead me week by week,
Nor even day by day,
But step by step my path unfolds
As He directs my way.
The path that I am following
Is called the Path of Faith.
The strength I need to walk this path
Is drawn from God's own grace.
It matters not how far away
My feet are made to roam,
I rest assured the Path of Faith
Will one day lead me home.

Why Didn't I Stop and Pray by Lu Dube
When my world gets hectic
And there's so much to do,
I know the Lord would help me
If I'd but ask Him to.
Oh, how I sometimes struggle,
Trying to get through just one day.
I get so tired and weary,
Why didn't I stop to pray?
Without holding to His hand,
My life get such a mess.
I need to trust Him daily,
And feel His tenderness.
There are times that I feel
So lost and all alone.
I lose all my purpose,
Just like a dead telephone.
Times like that, I realize
What had happened to my day.
I had tried to make it on my own,
Why didn't I stop and pray?

Yet hope returns when I remember this one thing: The LORD's unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise. Lamentations 3:21-23

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

"If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25

Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean. Mark 7:15

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:2-4

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:22-32

What Does God Ask of You? by Joni Eareckson Tada
"And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 10:12
Not long ago I was forced to lie in bed flat on my back for a month in order to heal a couple of stubborn pressure sores. That meant canceling a few important appointments and missing some critical deadlines. It meant days of the same old routine: A bed bath. Dressing the wounds. Leg exercises. Breakfast. Waiting. Lunch. Napping. Dinner. Being read to. Prayers and then sleep.
At times it was hard to hold depression at bay, and I was tempted to think, "Now come on, God, none of my Christian friends seem to be faced with these faith-challenging tests. Aren't you asking a bit much?"
Just what does God ask of us? Deuteronomy 10:12 sums it up neatly. All God asks for is... everything. If we feel like a martyr faced with heart-wrenching trials, perhaps we're concentrating too much on what God asks of us and not enough on what God has given us.
Is "everything" too much? Think about what God has given you. How much did He hold back? Anything? Of course not. In fact, He gave more than everything. "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32).
If we're fainthearted, remember that God has promised us power to help us do all that He asks of us. Even if it is everything.
Lord, you gave Your life! You ask me to do the same. Bless You for giving me the power to love and serve You with all my heart and soul. Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.

Loving God, show me those who cannot come to you alone, and help me to bring them to you. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 13
Abijah Reigns in Judah
1 In the eighteenth year of King Jeroboam, Abijah became king over Judah. 2 He reigned three years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam. 3 Abijah set the battle in order with an army of valiant warriors, four hundred thousand choice men. Jeroboam also drew up in battle formation against him with eight hundred thousand choice men, mighty men of valor. 4 Then Abijah stood on Mount Zemaraim, which is in the mountains of Ephraim, and said, “Hear me, Jeroboam and all Israel: 5 Should you not know that the Lord God of Israel gave the dominion over Israel to David forever, to him and his sons, by a covenant of salt? 6 Yet Jeroboam the son of Nebat, the servant of Solomon the son of David, rose up and rebelled against his lord. 7 Then worthless rogues gathered to him, and strengthened themselves against Rehoboam the son of Solomon, when Rehoboam was young and inexperienced and could not withstand them. 8 And now you think to withstand the kingdom of the Lord, which is in the hand of the sons of David; and you are a great multitude, and with you are the gold calves which Jeroboam made for you as gods. 9 Have you not cast out the priests of the Lord, the sons of Aaron, and the Levites, and made for yourselves priests, like the peoples of other lands, so that whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams may be a priest of things that are not gods? 10 But as for us, the Lord is our God, and we have not forsaken Him; and the priests who minister to the Lord are the sons of Aaron, and the Levites attend to their duties. 11 And they burn to the Lord every morning and every evening burnt sacrifices and sweet incense; they also set the showbread in order on the pure gold table, and the lampstand of gold with its lamps to burn every evening; for we keep the command of the Lord our God, but you have forsaken Him. 12 Now look, God Himself is with us as our head, and His priests with sounding trumpets to sound the alarm against you. O children of Israel, do not fight against the Lord God of your fathers, for you shall not prosper!” 13 But Jeroboam caused an ambush to go around behind them; so they were in front of Judah, and the ambush was behind them. 14 And when Judah looked around, to their surprise the battle line was at both front and rear; and they cried out to the Lord, and the priests sounded the trumpets. 15 Then the men of Judah gave a shout; and as the men of Judah shouted, it happened that God struck Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah. 16 And the children of Israel fled before Judah, and God delivered them into their hand. 17 Then Abijah and his people struck them with a great slaughter; so five hundred thousand choice men of Israel fell slain. 18 Thus the children of Israel were subdued at that time; and the children of Judah prevailed, because they relied on the Lord God of their fathers. 19 And Abijah pursued Jeroboam and took cities from him: Bethel with its villages, Jeshanah with its villages, and Ephrain with its villages. 20 So Jeroboam did not recover strength again in the days of Abijah; and the Lord struck him, and he died. 21 But Abijah grew mighty, married fourteen wives, and begot twenty-two sons and sixteen daughters. 22 Now the rest of the acts of Abijah, his ways, and his sayings are written in the annals of the prophet Iddo.

Dear God, help us to remember, even in our darkest moments, that you will never fail us. You are always faithful. Your mercies are new every morning. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply