Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - April 24

Let every approach to God, and every request for fellowship with Him be accompanied by a new, very definite, and entire surrender to Him to work in you. Andrew Murray

We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts. --A. W. Tozer

The intensity of pressure doesn’t matter as much as its location. Does it come between you and God, or does it press you closer to Him?

Look back. Do you remember that difficult situation you faced, and you wondered how you were going to handle it? Do you remember that tough conversation you knew you had to have with a loved one, and the right words came just when you needed them? What about that crushing grief, when you didn’t think you were going to make it through another hour? But you did. That was the Holy Spirit, working in your life to give you the strength and the power to do exactly what needed to be done, at just the right time. --Rocky Henriques

Let God’s purpose unfold in your life. He never said it would be easy. He only says it will be worth it. Set your mind to believe that and trust him. --Melinda Clements

May each one of us be able to call on and listen to the Lord today, whatever is happening in our lives.

Wait, and be still, and patient. Keep God first and everything else will follow.

Choose The Good Part And Be Blessed by Mrs. P's Devotional
God always has our best interests at heart. We only have to sit at His feet, listen to His Word and just have fresh, daily communion with Him, and He will make our way fruitful.
But we are constantly bombarded with things to do every day, like sending the kids to school, attending a business meeting or making a sales presentation. Likewise, in church, there are just as many important things to attend to—ministering to the needy, reaching out to the lost and healing the sick. But you know what? All these things will be taken care of when we sit at Jesus’ feet and listen to His Word.
What was the Lord’s response to Martha’s complaint that her sister was sitting at His feet and listening to Him, instead of helping her with the many tasks? “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:41–42)
Yet, many of us are like Martha. We worry about many things. And we are so busy that we have no time to sit at Jesus’ feet to listen to His Word and enjoy communion with Him. When we fail to draw from Him, we end up running on our own strength, and relying on our own flesh and wisdom to get things done. Listen, you can never have a plan that is better than God’s!
Do you want to be led by God’s wisdom and timing in your decision-making? Then, make it a point to choose the good part like Mary did. Spend time with Jesus, open your Bible and say, “Lord, speak to me.” You will find that your heavenly Father takes care of your troubles, and teaches and leads you to profit!
God instructs us for our own benefit. He wants us to profit in every area of our lives—health, finances, career, marriage and family relationships. The Bible says that it is God who teaches us to profit. And it is He who leads us in the way that we should go.
Isaiah 48:17 I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.

Don't Give Up! by Katie Farrell
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. — Galatians 6:9
God has a plan full of the kind of freedom, joy, and peace that this world could never give. However, in this fast-paced society, this plan often takes longer to unfold than most of us would like. This is where patience and endurance come in! Patience is such a vital part of attaining the plan God has for us. Often we can be the reason for the delay in seeing His plan. If we have established bad habits, it can take time for us to learn to allow God to renew our minds and change our actions.
God has a plan...
Before a fitness routine becomes a fixed part of your day, for example, it may take a good amount of time and discipline to wake up early to work out. In fact, at first you will probably find it painful to get rid of some of your old habits and make better choices. The Bible even tells us this will be the case:
No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening — it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. — Hebrews 12:11
If we endure the temporary pain that comes with disciplining ourselves and if we continue to make the right choices, we can be sure that a harvest awaits us that will produce a great peace within.
The next time you are tempted to give up on something, remind yourself of this truth. If you keep doing the good things God has set before you, then you will reap a wonderful harvest.
Lord, when I am feeling discouraged, please help me keep doing the good things you set before me with patient endurance. I know that if I don’t give up, then I will receive the wonderful things You have planned for me. Help me be renewed with Your strength and patience today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Pooling and Pouring by Sally I. Kennedy
The hike up Stagecoach Trail was worth it. We were rewarded with a spectacular view at over ten thousand feet. Still, we weren't above the timberline. 'Older than dirt' towering pines and spruces dotted the landscape. A little ways beyond, a symphony of rushing waters beckoned us.
The Cascades water flowed down so dramatically. It pooled, poured out. Pooled, poured out.
We all pour out in one way or another. We give of ourselves at home, at work, in our churches, communities, everywhere we are we give or ourselves. Could be something big or could be something as seemingly insignificant as a smile.
We each have a sphere of influence whether we are aware of it or not. God plants us precisely where He wants us, for our good and for the greater good of others. He always intends to bless us and at the same time there is always a bigger picture.
Just as in the natural, where the waterfall pooled and poured out, so do we need to 'pool' in order to pour out. We can run on our steam for awhile and then - we need time alone with God to refill.
We can't run on empty, although I have to admit I get caught up in things and then find that I am actually trying to do that very thing. It just doesn't work. We are designed for pooling and pouring, then pooling and then pouring. Thank you, Lord, that when we are 'still' with you, we are refilled and renewed for pouring again, in Jesus' name.

THE POWER OF WORDS by Moments Together For Couples
Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification. EPHESIANS 4:29
Kids today take "keyboarding" rather than typing, but when I was young, we learned to type on actual typewriters. In high school I struggled in my typing class, but I made a great discovery: If I could type 60 words a minute, even with 15 errors, I would get an A in speed and an F in accuracy. Round those together, and that would give me a C for the class. I could live with that. But my gray-haired typing teacher, Mrs. Whittington, didn't like my logic. Or my behavior. And one day in front of the whole class—exasperated with me over something I'd done—she pointed her very boney finger at me and said, "Dennis Rainey, you will never amount to anything."
I'm sure before the day was out, she forgot her comment. But I never forgot it. And when I graduated from college, I drove over to her house and rang her doorbell. When she came to the door, I said (kindly), "Hi, Mrs. Whittington, I'm Dennis Rainey. I wanted you to know that I just graduated from college and am getting ready to go into full-time Christian ministry."
In other words, "I'm going to amount to something, in spite of what you said." I'm sure she wondered why in the world I came to her house to tell her that!
Now, should I have done that? Probably not. But words can hurt. They go deep and leave a mark, for good or for bad. That's why Paul instructed us to use our words for edification—to build up, to strengthen, to lighten the load of another, to give someone the heart to match the need of the moment. He wasn't talking about flattery, or false praise, but about speaking words of support and encouragement.
Because when we're not building each other up, we're probably tearing each other down.
DISCUSS: Share an example of something encouraging someone said to you once that you've never forgotten. Talk about how that made you feel.
PRAY: Pray that your hearts will be filled with grace and that grace-filled words will follow.

Because Of You by Jacqueline Burciaga
Because you picked me up when I struggled to get through.
Because you healed my heart when it was thrown and shattered.
Because you gave me hope when it seemed so out of reach.
Because you filled me with peace when chaos flowed through my veins.
Because you showed me the light when there was only darkness.
Because you gave me comfort when my voice cried out in pain.
Because you reassured me when the doubts screamed in my head.
Because you kept me going when there seemed nowhere to go.
Because you sustained me with strength when weakness became all I knew.
Because you came and stayed when everyone else turned around and left.
Because you gave me a purpose when life seemed so pointless.
Because you restored my happiness when life seemed to snatch it away.
Because you filled this emptiness when the void echoed with loneliness.
Because you helped me let it all go when I gripped the tightest to hold on.
Because you showed me the beauty of life when the world showed me nothing but hate and corruption.
Because you gave me a better life when the old one fought to come back.
Because I am nothing without you nothing but a hopeless being.
Because only You could tear down my wall of pride, and instead build it back up with love and humbleness.
Because of all this, I give you my life Lord.
I will put all my fears and failures in Your hands, my worries that consume me, my pain that destroys me.
You were always there, even when I rejected You.
Because of all You are, my life, oh God, is yours.

God Will Never Abandon You by Sarah Young
Be assured that I will never abandon any of My children. .
Nothing can separate you from My Love.
Let this divine assurance trickle through your mind and into your heart and soul. Whenever you start to feel fearful or anxious, repeat this unconditional promise:
“Nothing can separate me from Your Love, Jesus.”
Most of mankind’s misery stems from feeling unloved. In the midst of adverse circumstances, people tend to feel that love has been with*drawn and they have been forsaken. This feeling of abandonment is often worse than the adversity itself.
Be assured that I never abandon any of My children, not even temporarily.
I will never leave you or forsake you! My Presence watches over you continually.
I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. — Romans 8:38-39
No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. — Joshua 1:5
Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls as ever before me. — Isaiah 49:15-16

WHAT ARE YOU HANGING ON TO? Author Unknown
The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box.
"Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please?" Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face.
"A dollar ninety-five. That's almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma."
As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. James if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace. Jenny loved her pearls.
They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere - Sunday school, kindergarten, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.
Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, "Do you love me?"
"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you." "Then give me your pearls." "Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess - the white horse from my collection - the one with the pink tail. Remember, Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favorite."
"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss. About a week later, after the story time, Jenny's daddy asked again, "Do you love me?"
"Daddy, you know I love you."
"Then give me your pearls."
"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand new one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."
"That's okay. Sleep well. God bless you, little one. Daddy loves you."
And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss. A few nights later when her daddy came in, Jenny was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.
"What is it, Jenny? What's the matter?"
Jenny didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said, "Here, Daddy. It's for you."
With tears gathering in his own eyes, Jenny's kind daddy reached out with one hand to take the dime-store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Jenny. He had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the dime-store stuff so he could give her genuine treasure.
Jenny's father is like our heavenly Father. He also is waiting for us to give up our dime store stuff and seek Him first ... so He can fling open the windows of Heaven and pour us out such a blessing that we will not have room enough to hold it.
What are you hanging on to?

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Come into order on every front. The days ahead require your full attention, so you must not be distracted by trivial matters that can be dealt with at this time. Do not procrastinate, but take care of things that remain unresolved. I will give you the strength and guidance necessary to take first things first and move forward with precision, says the Lord. Psalms 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.

You can either live in the soft breeze of My Spirit or in the whirlwind of your own making. It is the difference between walking in the Spirit and living in the flesh. The choice is yours. But, it would be good for you to quiet your emotional responses and knee-jerk reactions to circumstances, and let Me lead you in the way of peace, says the Lord. Luke 21:19 "By your patience possess your souls.

You might feel like change is being forced upon you, but I tell you truthfully that if you will embrace this time of adjustments, you will benefit greatly in the days ahead. Don't be reluctant to let go of that which has outlived its usefulness. You cannot move forward and stay stationary at the same time. Allow Me to show you the way, says the Lord. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

In a vision I saw a round corral filled with horses. They were in the middle of an open range and waiting with wild anticipation for the gate to open. And, I heard the Lord say, "You are in a time of waiting for the gate to open so that you can experience more of My kingdom and advance in spiritual understanding. As flowers come forth in springtime when conditions are right, so will new life in you come when spiritual conditions are right." Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

You have been through a troubling and unsettling time, but you will come out on the other side in victory. You will not be weakened by your experiences; you will be strengthened and have new understanding of what it takes to overcome and succeed, says the Lord. I continue to be with you and to lead you into righteous responses to difficult situations. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Do you know that your body is the temple of My habitation? Do you know that I live and dwell in you? Do you know that I have been sent to cause you to come into a place of spiritual wellness and awareness? For, I am here with you to quicken your mortal body, to guide you, to lead you into the path of life. I am here to cause you to be greater than you are without Me. I am here to reveal the word of the Lord to you. I am here to present Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords to you. I am here to tell you that the Father loves you, cares for you, knows you, and His greatest desire is that all of His will be established in your life and begin to work on your behalf--beginning right now, this very moment, this day, says the Spirit of the Lord.

Heartprints Author Unknown
Whatever our hands touch--
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture,
On doorknobs, dishes, books,
As we touch we leave our identity.
Oh, Lord, please where ever I go today,
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.
Heartprints of kindness
and genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter,
Or an anxious mother,
Or, perhaps, a dear friend!
I shall go out today
To leave heartprints,
And if someone should say
"I felt your touch,"
May that one sense be...YOUR LOVE, LORD
Touching through ME.

True Friend by Ma. Agnes E. Abordo
There's SOMEONE in your life
Who's always there at your side,
Someone who's ready to help,
Even before you ask for it.
He makes your day bright,
Puts colors in your gloomy life;
He's always there, if you only know
To lean on and hold on to.
Wherever you are and whatever you do,
Just remember He is leading you.
There'll be stumbling blocks and hindrances,
Yet He'll turn these into stepping stones and bridges.
So, just walk on and don't be afraid,
You're precious to Him because you're His beloved.
Don't be discouraged for the failures you see.
Someone is always with you on your journey
Because He is your TRUE FRIEND and ever will be.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 107:1

7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Let everyone give as his heart tells him, neither grudgingly nor under compulsion, for God loves the man who gives cheerfully. 2 Corinthians 9:7

I will be to you a Father. You will be to me sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:18

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:14-21

6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

10 Questions to Get “Unstuck” Spiritually by Chris Russell
During this past year, I bought a vehicle that I have wanted for just about all my life: a Jeep Wrangler. I’ve always liked seeing them, but I was just recently able to get one for myself. There’s nothing quite like zipping around town with the top off and doors off. It’s basically like riding a roller coaster… EVERYWHERE.
After buying my Jeep, I got on Youtube to check out what others do with their Jeeps. I was stunned. What do you do with a brand new vehicle? You bury it in mud! I saw one video of what others have done with their Wrangler.
When I watched that video of that Jeep that was stuck, I realized that that is exactly what people do with their lives. They often run their lives into the muck and mire of this world, and they often get stuck with seemingly no way out. Well, my hope is that, if you are spiritually stuck in your life right now, this blog post will help to pull you out of the pit.
If you feel like you are stuck spiritually and are just spinning your wheels, then I would like to suggest that you take a few moments to ask yourself some self-examining questions. King David said it like this:
Psalm 139:23–24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. (NLT)
Many people I have worked with over the years have been able to get unstuck by prayerfully asking these following questions and allowing God to help them find areas that need to be fixed.
1. Is there some unconfessed sin in my life that I need to deal with? 1 John 1:8–10 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts. (NLT)
2. Is there some person I have offended or hurt, but I have not apologized to or sought forgiveness or restoration? Matthew 5:23–24 So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God. (NLT)
3. Is there some person in my life whom I have not forgiven? Ephesians 4:31–32 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (NIV)
4. Is there any idol that I have adopted into my life in the place of God? 1 John 2:15–16 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. (NKJV)
5. Am I believing lies about God, myself, others, or my situation? Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (NKJV)
6. Am I being disciplined and consistent in my pursuit of God? Psalm 63:1–8 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. (NKJV)
7. Are there any areas of my life that are out of balance? Ecclesiastes 3 1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to gain, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away; 7 A time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; time of war, and a time of peace. (NKJV)
8. Are there any areas of my life that are requiring inappropriate amounts of my time? Ephesians 5:15–17 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (NKJV)
9. Is there some ministry that God wants me to pursue, but I have held out? 1 Timothy 4:14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you…. (NKJV)
10. Have I been 100% honest before God on each of the above questions? John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (NKJV)

Days Of Inspiration Author Unknown
Monday - Wash Day - Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.
Tuesday - Ironing Day - Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice. I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.
Wednesday - Mending Day - God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.
Thursday - Cleaning Day - Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.
Friday - Shopping Day - O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.
Saturday - Cooking Day - Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.
Sunday - The Lord's Day - O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart as my honored guest so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

Read Through The Bible
Job 1
Job and His Family in Uz
1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil. 2 And seven sons and three daughters were born to him. 3 Also, his possessions were seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen, five hundred female donkeys, and a very large household, so that this man was the greatest of all the people of the East. 4 And his sons would go and feast in their houses, each on his appointed day, and would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 So it was, when the days of feasting had run their course, that Job would send and sanctify them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did regularly.
Satan Attacks Job’s Character
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” 8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?” 9 So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
Job Loses His Property and Children
13 Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house; 14 and a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them, 15 when the Sabeans raided them and took them away—indeed they have killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 16 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 17 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three bands, raided the camels and took them away, yes, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 18 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house, 19 and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” 22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

Thank you, Lord, for beauty in nature, for friends and family, for strength and health, for men and women in medical science, and most of all, for the incredible blessing of life. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply