Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - July 21

What seems to us like an end can be God's door into a new beginning.

In our pain and frustration we often feel alone and lost, but God is always present to gently lift us up. God offers this mercy and peace to each of us, hearing our cries and responding to our needs.

Our efforts may be small, but that does not mean they are insignificant. God can use even the most ordinary people and actions to make a difference in someone's life.

God makes the impossible possible.

Christ is always ready with open arms to receive us and make us whole.

God stands with us as we face our fears.

Not my will but Thy will be done.

Weakness and Strength by Gail Rodgers
Your weakness is the very entry point of God’s strength. Invite Him into your weak places today and watch the truth of His word become real.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
“As a man thinks in his heart, so he is” (Proverbs 23:7).
Thank you, Heavenly Father, that Your amazing grace is ENOUGH to cover all the weak areas of my life and character.
Thank you that my weaknesses, though hard to admit to, are the very entry points of Your grace and power.
Help me to change the way I view my weaknesses and rather than shrink from them and try to hide or cover them, may I bring them to You to fill with Your power.
Thank you that as I take my thoughts captive and bring them into alignment with the truth of Your word, You will change me from the inside out.
Today I choose to put my faith in You and to bring you my weakness of ________________________. May Your strength be made perfect in this very place of my weakness.
I look with confident expectation for Your help and Your hope.
With thanksgiving I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus, amen.
Questions: As you think about a weakness in an area of your life, how do you think God is planning on using it? How do you view your weakness?

Vast Army by Sarah Fleischman
“For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you” ((2 Chronicles 20:12).
Jehoshaphat was up against an army far greater than his own. He cried out to God.
Sometimes life just makes us feel like we’re stuck. We get caught in lose-lose situations. Our inner voice says that God is in control in these times, but if you’re like me, you cry out, “GOD! What are you doing? I don’t know what to do! Where are you?”
Jehoshaphat cried out to God, but he cried out in faith. Even though he didn’t have any idea what to do, he said, “our eyes are upon you.” God responded to Jehoshaphat’s cries through Jahaziel, “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s” (2 Chronicles 20:15).
When you are surrounded by impossible situations, it is so awesome to know that these battles aren’t yours to fight. They are God’s. You aren’t doing the fighting. He is. He is giving you the strength even when you are trapped by situations bigger than yourself. He is bigger and stronger than those situations.
If you are trapped today in a mess of impossible situations, I know tossing Biblical truths and encouragement that’s been heard before won’t help.
Joni Eareckson Tada said in a lecture, “You can’t stop the bleeding heart with reason and answers. When a person is suffering, all they want to know is that Daddy is here.”
He is here. He is fighting for you when you don’t realize it.
He was there for Jehoshaphat. Read the rest of the story in 2 Chronicles 20. Jehoshaphat won the battle, but in a way that was only possible with God.
Questions: How do you react in impossible situations? What truths are being spoken into your life that you are having trouble hearing because of your situation?

Waiting in Line by Dorothy Brown
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience” (Colossians 3:12).
I was feeling put out; inconvenienced and impatient.
Thanks to those industrious criminals who’ve decided to manufacture their own medications, the singular antihistamine that effectively relieves my seasonal allergy symptoms is now available only behind the counter. I have to wait in line at one of the few pharmacies that still carry it. And I have to sign for it, too, presumably so I can be quickly apprehended should I purchase enough to use it in some criminal fashion.
Aside: I don’t even cook food. I’m not about to start cooking up medicine. Anyway …
There were two men in line in front of me. The first man, the one taking forever, was probably in his thirties or early forties. He wore loose jeans and a sweatshirt and occasionally turned back to smile apologetically as the clerk took her sweet time trying to get his insurance to go through. She seemed to know the man, or at least be familiar with him, and made polite conversation while trying multiple magic formulas. Finally, she asked for his wife’s social security number. He had to call his wife to get the number and after he got it, he kept talking to her, as though we had all day and night to stand there and wait. Her social security number didn’t work either so he told the clerk it was okay, he’d figure something out, but she insisted on continuing her efforts.
The fellow in front of me who was second in line, starting swaying and shifting his weight from foot to foot like a chained elephant, possibly with the idea that somebody might notice his obvious distress and open another register. It was right there – a register with nobody on it. Open it already.
I was asking myself how long I’d be willing to stand there when a second clerk appeared in the window next to the first clerk. She greeted the man in jeans and asked how he was doing, oblivious to the long line and the empty register where she clearly ought to be. Then she seemed to suddenly notice the man was bald.
“Hey, where’d your hair go?” she asked cheerfully.
“Well,” he said bashfully, “I didn’t want to have more hair than my wife … I shaved it.”
And right then, it was as though time stood still.
The talk continued. They discussed the man’s wife, her improvement and the oncologist’s advice. And I wished I was invisible because if anybody happened to look, they would have seen such shame washing over me. I should be grateful that I have twenty minutes to spend standing in line, that I can stand at all, that I have enough money to buy medicine and insurance to pay for most of it.
Soon afterward, somebody opened a second register. They quickly helped the swaying man, and I was no longer in a hurry but they got me out of there in a jiffy. I’m home now, comfortable, fed, and medicated for allergies, but I can’t stop thinking about that man and his wife. I wonder if they have children and what their days are like.
Next time I’m stuck in line, I’ll pray for the people ahead of me instead of praying that they’ll hurry up.
Question: What causes you to feel impatient? Will you pray for patience in this area?

What Is Your Idol? by John Grant
“Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry” (1 Corinthians 10:14).
It is a word we hear often… in athletics, entertainment and there is even a television show dedicated to it. I refer to the word “idol.” The dictionary defines it as an image used as an object of worship, a false god, or one that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
Any object that becomes a focus of our lives can become our idol. Some things we may think are spiritually neutral really are not. Even things morally neutral, like our career, a sport or any passion other than for God can be our idol. Anything can become demonic when it gains first place in our life.
What is gaining first place in your life? If it is anything other than Jesus then you need to run from it, for it can lead you into dangerous territory. We are a fool to play with temptation, as none of us are strong enough to overcome sin on our own.
God wants to be first place in my life and that requires me to not let anything, even though good in its own right, to get between God and me. How serious are we to make God first? Are we willing to lay down our lives and good fortunes to lead our enemies to Christ? Do I do what is best for me rather than what is best for others?
How do I demonstrate that God is first in my life? I do it by being where I can best serve to the glory of God and I am closest to Jesus when I am selflessly serving others. Worshiping God is vertical. Serving others is horizontal.
Paul had some good advice to the Philippians when he said: “Your life in Christ makes you strong, and his love comforts you. You have fellowship with the Spirit, and you have kindness and compassion for one another. I urge you, then, to make me completely happy by having the same thoughts, sharing the same love, and being one in soul and mind. Don’t do anything from selfish ambition or from a cheap desire to boast, but be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourselves, and look out for one another’s interests, not just for your own.”
Be careful of what you focus on, because your focus becomes your idol. Focus on having the mind of Christ and do as he would do and see what joy comes into your life. Idols are often soon forgotten, but life with Christ is forever.
Questions: Are there idols in your life? Do you do what is best for you rather than what is best for others?

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9
An Ant Story
Yuk. Large, reddish black ants in bathroom again. Lights on- they'd scurry to hide; lights off- they'd come right back in.
Using my Nancy Drew skills, I followed one that seemed to be on the way out. He wandered off his path a bit, and eventually came to a back corner of the window sill.
There was a hole about an eight of an inch in diameter, plenty big enough for several to come and go at the same time. From somewhere outside, they had been able to chew or bore that hole, which hadn't even been there two weeks before.
Amazing the persistence, and team work, of ants. I have seen tiny ants gather around a crumb, or a dead bug, and drag or lift it to move it. It seems when they have a goal, nothing deters them. They might have an interruption (like the lights coming on), they may get sidetracked or even off-track, but they get right back to it. They keep the focus on the goal, determined. Like our marathon bike touring friends, who were riding in the downpours. They had a goal to meet and raise funds for a worthy cause.
This was a good reminder, and example to me, of a verse that was written in the front of a Bible, given to me many years ago at confirmation. The pastor wrote, next to my name, Phil. 3:14. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
The redeeming part of this ant story is that it reminds me to stay focused, to keep first things first, and to persevere....to keep on keepin' on. Good news is that I (and we) don't have to do it alone. Thank you, Lord. by Sally I. Kennedy

JESUS REALLY LOVES YOU Author Unknown
Every Sunday afternoon, after the morning service at their church, the Pastor and his 11-year-old son would go out into their town and hand out Gospel tracts. This particular Sunday afternoon, as it came time for the Pastor and his son to go to the streets with their tracts, it was very cold outside as well as pouring down rain. The boy bundled up in his warmest and driest clothes and said "Okay Dad, I'm ready."
His Pastor Dad asked, "Ready for what?
"Dad, it's time we gather our tracts together and go out."
Dad responds, "Son, it's very cold outside and it's pouring down rain."
The boy gives his Dad a surprised look, asking, "But Dad, aren't people still going to Hell, even though it's raining?"
Dad answers, "Son, I am not going out in this weather."
Despondently the boy asks, "Dad, can I go -- Please?"
His father hesitated for a moment then said, "Son, you can go. Here's the tracts; be careful son."
"Thanks, Dad!" And with that he was off and out into the rain. This 11- year-old boy walked the streets of the town going door-to-door and handing everybody he met in the street a Gospel tract. After 2-hours of walking in the rain he was soaking bone-chilled wet and down to his very last tract. He stopped on a corner and looked for someone to hand a tract to but the streets were totally deserted.
Then he turned toward the first home he saw and started up the sidewalk to the front door and rang the door bell. He rang the bell -- but nobody answered. He rang it again and again bit still no one answered. He waited but still no answer. Finally this 11-year-old trooper turned to leave but something stopped him. Again, he turned to the door and rang the bell and knocked loudly on the door with his fist. He waited, something holding him there on the front porch. He rang again, and this time the door slowly opened. Standing in the doorway was a very sad looking elderly lady.
She softly asked, "What can I do for you, son?"
With radiant eyes and a smile that lit up her world, this little boy said, "Ma'am, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but I just want to tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU! I came to give you my very last Gospel tract which will tell you all about Jesus and His great love." With that he handed her his last tract, and turned to leave.
She called to him as he departed, "Thank you, son! And God bless you!"
Well, the following Sunday morning in church, Pastor Dad was in the pulpit and as the service began he asked, "Does anybody have a testimony or want to say anything?"
Slowly, in the back row of the church, an elderly lady stood to her feet. As she began to speak, a look of glorious radiance came from her face. "None of you in this church know me. I've never been here before. You see, before last Sunday I was not a Christian. My husband has passed on, some time ago, leaving me totally alone in this world. Last Sunday, being a particularly cold and rainy day, it was even more so in my heart as I came to the end of the line where I no longer had any hope or will to live.
"So I took a rope and a chair and ascended the stairway into the attic of my home. I fastened the rope securely to a rafter in the roof then stood on the chair and fastened the other end of the rope around my neck. 'Standing on that chair, so lonely and brokenhearted, I was about to leap off when suddenly the loud ringing of my doorbell downstairs startled me. I thought, 'I'll wait a minute, and whoever it is will go away.' "I waited and waited -- but the ringing doorbell seemed to get louder and more insistent and then the person ringing also started knocking loudly. I thought to myself again, 'Who on earth could this be?! Nobody ever rings my bell or comes to see me!' "I loosened the rope from my neck and started for the front door, all the while the bell rang louder and louder. When I opened the door and looked I could hardly believe my eyes! "There on my front porch was the most radiant and angelic little boy I had ever seen in my life! His smile! Oh, I could never describe it to you! And the words that came from his mouth caused my heart, that had long been dead, to leap to life as he exclaimed with cherub-like voice, 'Ma'am, I just came to tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU.' "Then he gave me this Gospel tract that I now hold in my hand. As the little angel disappeared back out, into the cold and rain, I closed my door and read slowly every word of this Gospel tract. Then I went up to my attic to get my rope and chair. I wouldn't be needing them any more.
"You see, I am now a happy child of the KING, and since the address of your church was on the back of this Gospel tract I have come here to personally say, 'Thank you to God's little angel who came just in the nick of time, and by so doing, spared my soul from an eternity in Hell.'"
There were now no dry eyes in the church. As shouts of praise and honor to the KING resounded off the very rafters of the building, Pastor Dad descended from the pulpit to the front pew where the little angel was seated. He took him in his arms and sobbed uncontrollably.
Probably no church has had a more glorious moment and probably this Universe has never seen a Papa that was more filled with love and honor for his son, except for one: This Father, God, also allowed His Son, Jesus, to go out into a cold and dark world. He received His Son back with joy unspeakable, and as all of Heaven shouted praises and honor to the King, the Father sat His beloved Son on a throne far above all principality and power and every name that is named. There may be someone, reading this, who is also going through a dark, cold and lonely time in your soul. You may be a Christian, for we are not without problems, or you may not yet know the King. Whatever the case, and whatever the problem or situation you find yourself in, and no matter how dark it may seem, I want you to know that I just came to tell you, "JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU!"

WINDSHIELD WIPER LESSON FROM A CHILD Author Unknown
One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.
Suddenly, my son Matthew spoke up from his relaxed position in the front seat.
"Mom, I'm thinking of something."
This announcement usually meant he had been pondering some fact for a while and was now ready to expound all that his seven-year-old mind had discovered.
I was eager to hear. "What are you thinking?" I asked.
"The rain," he began, "is like sin and the windshield wipers are like God, wiping our sins away."
After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. "That's really good, Matthew."
Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little boy take this revelation? So I asked... "Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?"
Matthew didn't hesitate one moment with his answer: "We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."
Who can drive in the rain again without thinking of this one??

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Open your eyes and see all that I am showing you, and open your ears to hear what I am speaking to you. Am I not able to open the blind eyes and unstop the deaf ears? Yes, and I will also do this in the realm of the Spirit so that you can understand the work of My kingdom. I want to reveal to you the authority and power available to you to gain victory in everything. When you begin to see and hear you can activate your faith to demonstrate the excellence that is yours by the Holy Spirit, says the Lord. Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.

I had a vision of an anchor, and I believe that it symbolizes those things that keep us from flowing with the Holy Spirit. It is religious exercise that works against us when we have a spiritual revelation or hear the voice of God and then try to accomplish it through our own efforts. There is no power in religion or self-effort, but power comes by the Holy Spirit as we cast away our anchors and abide in Him. John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

I have spoken to you in months and years past that you were being transported spiritually to a new plateau, and you have indeed journeyed far and gained great insight and wisdom. But, I tell you that you are now on that new plateau, which will become base camp to yet a higher level of revelation and service in My kingdom, says the Lord. This elevation will not take years to achieve, but will be an accelerated work. Prepare yourself for the greatest adventure of your lifetime. Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

You have continued to progress in spiritual maturity, but you will be tempted to try to go back to old places and re-establish old associations. Doing that will not produce what you had hoped for and will only cause a greater sense of separation from the past than before. Beloved, you do not need more disappointment. You must press on and continue to move higher in My kingdom and stay focused on what is important eternally. Not doing that will cost you more than you are willing to pay in terms of setbacks, says the Lord. Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Beloved, refuse to give in to the frustration that has come as a result of dealing with hindrances. Instead, set yourself to seek Me for wisdom and clarity, for I will give you the grace to accomplish what I have set before you, says the Lord. This is certainly not a time when you should get discouraged and give up. You are on the brink of breakthrough. Keep pushing. Keep trusting. Keep the faith! Isaiah 58:8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Angels are on the move, for there is a stirring in the heavenlies as well as upon the earth. It is now time for the glorious church to arise. It is now time for you to be overcomers and more than conquerors. It is time for the kingdom of God to manifest more fully in your life than ever you have experienced. It is now the time of rejuvenation and restoration. It is the time that I have appointed and am now bringing it to pass. Warring spirits are coming in to do battle with you and to be with you so you can defeat the enemy. All of heaven has waited for this moment and this process to begin--where angelic forces join forces with God’s creation, the men and women of the earth, that victory might flow forth; that victory might be yours; that victory shall become an overflowing stream that shall flow forth into the world; that victory will so manifest in your life so that you will never again be afraid, worried, or consider the dilemma of your circumstances. If you need healing, it shall come. If you need provision, it shall come. If you need revival, it shall come. I am pouring out kingdom glory upon the earth. I am preparing you for the year that is ahead of you, for My divine government shall come into manifestation and My rule shall be found among My people, says the Lord.

A New Creation
I know that God's not thru with me
cause I'm not finished yet;
He's got his work cut out for him
but he won't give up and quit!
I'm glad he is so patient,
if he weren't there'd be no doubt,
He'd have given up long ago
and I'd have been thrown out!
His love I just can't fathom,
but he's poured it out on me
And he tells me, when he's finished
I'll be all that I should be!
His mercy overwhelms me
and sufficient is his grace;
By the time he's finished with me,
you won't recognize my face!
I'll be a new creation
with the changes that he'll make;
Just the touch of His own hands
is all that it will take!
So I will just keep on trying
to be all He asks of me;
And one day I'll be made into His likeness,
just you wait and see!
This love of His is flowing all through me
and it's building up inside my heart;
And when He's through with me
the whole wide world will view the Master's work of art!
~Helen Johnson

Praise
Praises to the Saviour give,
He who died that we might live,
For His love, so great, so free,
Praise His Name eternally.
When our hearts were steeped in sin,
Vile and wretched were within,
Jesus left the throne above,
Came to show the Father's love.
Oh how wondrous was His grace!
He who took the sinner's place,
Jesus offered "Lo, I come,"
All to bear the sinner home.
Jesus died on Calv'ry's tree,
There to set the sinner free,
All who on His Name believe,
Everlasting life receive.
What a debt to Him we owe!
Gladly may our praises flow,
Let our cheerful voices raise,
Loud thanksgivings, songs of praise.
Praise the Father and the Son,
That redemption's work is done,
Magnify that precious Name,
Christ, the Lamb of God, who came.
Worthy is the Lamb once slain,
Praise and magnify His Name,
Laud and honour may we bring,
To our Saviour, Priest and King.
Glory unto Jesus be,
He who died to set us free,
Let us worship and adore,
Praise His Name forevermore.
—Lois Beckwith

The Thorn in the Flesh
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:1-2

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

LIVE IN HIS PRESENCE
"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18). We become what we observe! The focus of our attention spreads its influence all through our lives. What we behold with our spiritual eyes obsesses us—it takes over! Paul chose to be obsessed with Christ; the Savior became the sole object of his thinking, his preaching, his doctrine. "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:2). He kept his eyes on the Head of the body, and not on the problems in the body.
God's desire for us is that we be clothed with Christ's presence. Do you want victory over sin and deliverance from all the power of the enemy? Then diligently pray for a manifestation of Christ's presence. If you are serious about it, his loving eyes will melt you and bring you to a place of brokenness and contrition.
That same tender presence of the Lord will become the very heart and life of your soul. You will not want to leave his presence. You will lean on his arm and all fear will go, replaced by perfect peace and rest. You can face sin and Satan clothed in the glorious power of his presence. God's Word promises, "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels" (Revelation 3:5).
The church goes into the last days as "a woman clothed with the sun..." (Revelation12:1). This is Christ, our white raiment! We have put on Christ and are abiding in His presence, above all principalities and powers.
It really is not complicated. In fact, it can be summed up in four words: STAY CLOSE TO JESUS! Live in his presence and by faith take your seat beside him in heavenly places. Behold him standing at the right hand of the Father on your behalf and nothing can hinder you. You will be above it all and, like Stephen, you will behold him in heaven. (see Acts 7:56). David Wilkerson

As I lift my heart this week in prayer,
May God make me much more aware,
Of all the blessings He bestows,
Of every living thing that grows,
Of air, and water, sky, and sea...
And all the gifts He gives to me,
And as I lift my heart each day,
May Jesus hear me as I pray.
God, let me spread a little cheer,
Erase a doubt, cast out a fear,
Lend a prompt and willing hand,
Be there to listen and understand.
Let me be filled with thoughtfulness,
Love others more, My own self less,
And lighten hearts with a smile or a word...
Too seldom given, too seldom heard. Amen.
Author Unknown

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 96
1 O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth. 2 Sing unto the Lord, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day. 3 Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people. 4 For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods. 5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens. 6 Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. 7 Give unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the Lord glory and strength. 8 Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. 9 O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. 10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. 11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof. 12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
13 Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Dear Lord, help us to discover our purpose and to live it in ways that bring us closer to you. Help us trust you even through tests of faith. Help us to serve those in need, those you send us. Help us always to serve with a loving heart. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply