Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Bright and Morning Star

Jesus, Name Above All Names! “Bright and Morning Star”

Bright and Morning Star
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.” Revelation 22:16 NKJV
It’s always exciting to get into an airplane on a dark and cloudy day, and break through the clouds into the bright sunlight that shines above them. Every moment of the day that you soar above the clouds you spend in the sunlight.
Jesus is the sunlight in your day, and He is much more. As the Bright and Morning Star, He bathes the start of your day in brightness.
Sometimes, when I get up in the morning, I sense that a spirit of darkness or heaviness has come upon me during the night. This sense of darkness, whatever the source, does not have to set the tone for my day. Jesus is my reality, and each morning He is my Bright and Morning Star. It is His light that sets the tone for my day, not my troubling dreams, not my feelings, not my temptations, not my moods, not my subconscious mind, and not any spirit of darkness. The Brightness of Jesus’ name means that He makes the beginning of each day magnificently clear and good.
As the Bright and Morning Star, Jesus also brings hope into our day. We were made to hope, to plan, to imagine, and to anticipate certain things. We all need something to look forward to. A sports fan looks forward to the start of the season and carries the expectation that his team will make it to the championship game. Every fan hopes “this is the year” for his team. Sadly, most teams don’t meet the expectations of their fans, but what a thrill it is for those who cheer on their team and watch them carry off the trophy.
Jesus is our hope and our expectation. He is coming one day according to His promise. He will not let us down. He will not disappoint us and fail to meet our expectations of a bright new day and a glorious forever.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply