Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 25

Jesus is faithful and will not leave us comfortless.

We are never so broken that God cannot restore us.

God has a specific purpose for each of us.

Sometimes God's comfort comes through our hearing or reading a passage of scripture. Or we may receive help and support from another believer. Many times God speaks through the Spirit in answer to prayer. However the help comes, we can always trust that God's comfort will steady us.

Nothing can separate us from God.

We are called, made capable, and sustained by God to fight for God's people -- so that they may have abundant life, life guided by God's saving love and grace. God wants a church that acts with passion and compassion so that those whom the world injures may see their true worth as children of God.

In the worst possible situations, God is still able to bring about good when we truly turn to Him.

God and prayer go together, to neglect 1 is to neglect the other.

Praising God For Closed Doors
We need to learn to praise the Lord as much for a closed door as we do for an open door. The reason God closes doors is because He has not prepared anything over there for us. If he didn't close the wrong door, we would never find the right door.
God directs our path through the closing and opening of doors. Once a door closes, it forces you to change your course. When another door closes, it forces you to change your course again. Then, finally, you find the open door and you walk right into your blessing.
The Lord directs our paths through the opening and closing of doors, but instead of praising him for the closed door (which keeps us out of trouble); we get upset because we "judge by the appearances."
You have an ever-present help in the time of trouble that is always standing guard. Because He walks ahead of you, He can spot trouble down the road and set up a roadblock or detour accordingly. But through our lack of wisdom, we try to tear down the roadblocks or push aside the detour sign. Then, the minute we get into trouble, we start crying, "Lord, how could You have done this to me?"
We have got to realize that the closed door can be a blessing. Didn't He say that no good thing would He withhold from them that love Him?
If you get terminated from your job, praise God for the new opportunities that will manifest themselves: it might be another job, it might be school.
If that man or woman won't return your call, it might not be them, it might be the Lord setting up a roadblock (just let it go).
One time, a person had a bank they had been in business with for many years tell them "No!" to a $10,000 loan. The Lord put in their spirit to call another bank. That bank gave them $40,000 at a lower interest rate than the first bank was offering.
We can sometimes trap ourselves in doubt and discouragement through judging by appearances. Be grateful for the many times our Father has closed doors to us just to open them in the most unexpected places. The Lord won't always say in spoken words: "Go to the left, now to the right" ...sometimes He will just close the doors that are wrong for you.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him - and He will direct your paths. (Prov. 3:5-6) Author Unknown

System Maintenance
My computer has a folder of Temporary Files. It's full of data that was once needed, but isn't currently necessary. I don't intentionally create those files; they seem to appear out of thin air, occupying space on my computer. Those who know about computers say that these files need to be deleted now and again, or they will slow down my computer. One rule of thumb says that if the date on those files isn't today's date, they can be safely erased.
I've got a similar folder inside my head. Unfortunately, the contents of this folder aren't as harmless as what's inside the Temporary Files in my computer. This folder contains a complete archive of bad things that have happened in the past, both things that I've done and things that have been done to me. I've got video, audio, and text, a whole multimedia display of negativity. When I least want them to, these things worm their way out of my past into my present.
I remember the times I embarrassed myself.
I remember the times that I hurt other people.
I remember my failures.
I remember my sin.
I remember the times I was mistreated.
I remember the ways that people hurt me, the things they said, the things they did.
I remember those times that other people let me down.
I remember .
None of that does me any good. Those things from the past only serve to slow things down, to spoil today with yesterday's hurts. Like those temporary files on my computer, what I really need to do is get rid of them.
The apostle Paul wrote: "One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14). We have to put our past in the past and set our eyes on what lies ahead. We have a God who is willing to forgive anything and everything that we've done, if we'll only let him. And he'll teach us to do the same with other people. Tim Archer

The One-Armed Man
A 10-year-old boy felt as though he had lost his identity when he lost his left arm in a devastating car accident. After six months of adjusting to his handicap, he decided to study judo despite the fact that he had only one arm.
The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo master. The boy was doing well, so he couldn't understand why, after three months of training, the master had taught him only one move.
"Sensei," the boy finally said, "Shouldn't I be learning more moves?"
"This is the only move you know, but this is the only move you'll ever need to know," the sensei replied. Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training.
Several months later, the sensei took the boy to his first tournament. Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his one move to win the match.
Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the finals. This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out. He was about to stop the match when the sensei intervened. "No," the sensei insisted, "Let him continue."
Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy had won the match and the tournament. He was the champion. On the way home, the boy and the sensei reviewed every move in each and every match.
Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind: "Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?"
"You won for two reasons," the sensei answered. "First, you've almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. And second, the only known defense for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm."
The boy's biggest weakness had become his biggest strength!
Paul knew that God will take our biggest weakness and use it to show His strength. "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. [10] That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor. 12:9-10 ) Author Unknown

The Spider Web
During World War II, a young soldier became separated from his unit on a Pacific Island. In the smoke and the crossfire, he had lost touch with his comrades. Alone in the jungle, he could hear enemy soldiers coming in his direction. Scrambling for cover, he found his way up a high ridge to several small caves in the rock and quickly crawled inside.
Although safe for the moment, he realized that once the enemy soldiers looking for him swept up the ridge, they would quickly search all the caves and he would be killed. As he waited, he prayed, "Lord, if it be your will, please protect me. Whatever your will though, I love you and trust you. In Jesus name, Amen."
When he looked up from his despairing plea for help, he saw a spider beginning to weave its web at the entrance of the cave. As he watched the delicate threads being slowly drawn across the mouth of the cave, the young soldier pondered its irony. He thought to himself, "God really does have a sense of humor. I asked God for protection and deliverance and He sent me a spider instead. I needed a stone wall and God sent a spider. How can a spider save me?"
Soon he heard the sound of his enemies, who were now scouring the area looking for those in hiding. One soldier with a gun slowly walked up to the cave's entrance. As the young man crouched in the darkness, hoping to surprise the enemy in a last-minute desperate attempt to save his own life, he felt his heart pounding wildly out of control. As the enemy moved cautiously forward to enter the cave, he came upon the spider's web, which by now was completely strung across the opening. He backed away and called out to a comrade, "There can't be anyone in here. They would have had to break this spider's web to enter the cave. Let's move on."
The young man fell on his face and cried out to God, "Lord, forgive me, I had forgotten that in you a spider's web is stronger than a brick wall."
Years later, this young man, who become a preacher and evangelist, wrote about that ordeal. What he observed has stood by me in times of trouble, especially during those times when everything seemed impossible. He wrote: "Where God is, a spider's web is as a stone wall. Where God is not, a stone wall is as a spider's web."
We all face times of great trouble. When we do, it is so easy to forget the victories that God would work in our lives, sometimes in the most surprising ways, if we would only trust him. Nehemiah reminded the people of Israel when they faced the task of rebuilding Jerusalem, "In God we will have success!" [Nehemiah 2:20]
Whatever is happening in your life today, just remember... "Where God is, a spider's web is as a stone wall. Where God is not, a stone wall is as a spider's web." Author Unknown

Don't Take The Bait
"... we are not ignorant of [Satan's] devices." - 2 Corinthians 2:11 NKJV
Satan, whom the Bible refers to as 'the tempter', works like a seasoned fisherman in two ways. First, he knows that fish get hungry, and he knows when they'll be biting. Understand this: you were born with a hole in your soul that only God can fill, and unless you turn to God and build a relationship with Him, you'll keep trying to fill that hole with the wrong things. 'Where can I find the right things?' you ask. The Psalmist answers, '... In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore' (Psalm 16:11 NKJV). There's a marked difference in how Joseph responded to temptation with Potiphar's wife and how David responded to it with Bathsheba. David looked, and kept looking, but Joseph fled. As a result, David reaped terrible heartache and Joseph reaped great blessing. The Bible says, '... if sinners entice you, do not consent' (Proverbs 1:10 NKJV). Be honest with yourself. Acknowledge that there are places you shouldn't go, habits you shouldn't indulge, and company you should never be in. Second, he knows what bait will hook the fish. Next time somebody fails and you're tempted to think, 'I'd never do that', stop and ask yourself, 'What would it take to make me bite?' You may not know the answer to that question at the moment, but satan does. And he is patient; he'll wait a lifetime if he has to, he's in no hurry. He doesn't mind whether you fall through 'youthful lusts', or on the last few laps through more subtle sins, so long as you lose the race. So, 'don't take the bait'. The Vine

LISTEN TO ME Author Unknown
Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am doing, this seems very little to ask of you. I know, I already gave you the 10 Commandments. Keep them. But follow these guidelines, also:
1. QUIT WORRYING - Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?
2. PUT IT ON THE LIST - Something needs to be done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care of anything you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.
3. TRUST ME - Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs. YOUR problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.
4. LEAVE IT ALONE - Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Leave them with Me and forget about them. Just let Me do my job.
5. TALK TO ME - I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't
forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.
6. HAVE FAITH - I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?
7. SHARE - You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
8. BE PATIENT - I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.
9. BE KIND - Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.
10. LOVE YOURSELF - As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to Me. Don't ever forget that! With all my heart, I love YOU! GOD

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I have great things in store for you, but there are times when you have to let go of what you thought was good in order to receive something better. You cannot live in your yesterdays and get the most of out the current flow of My Spirit. Now is the time when you must give up the ideals, assumptions and fantasies that do not exemplify spiritual reality for you now. Be willing to release everything you have held dear in order to receive My highest and best, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

If you are going to come higher and stand with Me on that high plateau of revelation, you must release everything that anchors you to the world. Let go of everything that holds you down. Be done with the fear of man, fear of loss and failure, and carnal desires. Rise up! Come up here and let Me reveal spiritual truth through My life-giving Spirit, says the Lord. You will be delighted and thrilled as you experience true liberty. Acts 26:16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

Even as you are pushing through to bring closure to the things of the past, your spiritual landscape is changing. Stay with Me, says the Lord. Don't get stuck in your desire to put your feet up and take a break. To do so would keep you from maintaining the spiritual flow. Refuse to entertain the idea that you are a victim of life's demands; just keep moving. I have equipped you to accomplish all that is before you. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Be alert and pay attention, for I am pouring out wisdom that will bring guidance and solution to problems that are yet to be solved. Don't rely on your own good ideas, but rather receive the impartation through My Spirit, says the Lord. You will be amazed at how things will come together perfectly, for the light will dawn, and you will be able to see with great clarity. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

The enemy has launched an attack against you, God's people, to bring fear that you've come this far and you have missed it somehow -- that what you have done or what you thought was really important, all the energy and strength you've put into where you are right now was all for nothing. He wants you to believe that you've wasted your time and it hasn't been worth anything. The devil is a liar! I believe God is saying: I see your every move and I know everything about you and you have not wasted one moment. You have not spilled one drop. Do not let the enemy bring condemnation and lies against you. Fear brings disability. And, the enemy wants to disable you from doing what you have been called to do. Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

I am calling you to a greater understanding and revelation of My Word. Maintain an open mind and a willing spirit so that you can receive all that I have for you at this time. This is not a time to get stuck in old mindsets or to be restricted by the flesh or natural circumstances. Break out of the religious mold to see with fresh vision the opportunities presented to you for spiritual growth, says the Lord. Psalms 53:2 God looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

I am shaking you, says the Lord. This is not a violent or destructive shaking; it is a gentle but persistent shaking to awaken you from the sleep of complacency and the doldrums. I am calling you to awaken from this slumber of religious routine and spiritual boredom to renewed awareness and excitement of spiritual reality. Many of you, My people, have shifted your focus from life in the Spirit to life in the flesh. It is time to renew your commitment and stir up your desire and zeal for the things of the Spirit. You are living in perilous times where the greatest peril of all is to be asleep spiritually. Matthew 25:1-13 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming."

A window is open in the heavenlies that will present extraordinary opportunities to re-organize and simplify a current situation. It won't be the end of the world to miss this opportunity, but it would be to your advantage to respond affirmatively. Don't be afraid to take the steps necessary to make these changes, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 8:10-11 And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Arise My children into the glory of this hour and the glory of this day. Indeed I have spoken to you that I would come and I would deliver and I will bring the manifest presence of My kingdom to life within you. I have great purposes for you in these days and because these purposes are part of your destiny you must come to that place where you are whole, that place where you are strong, that place where you are in faith and where you are walking in unity and oneness with Me. So, I say, allow your faith to take wings and allow it to soar and to come up. For indeed the door of heaven is open to you; indeed the throne is before you; indeed I have called you and invited you to come with boldness. So I say come now without hesitation, without remorse of things past. Come in faith. Come to receive. Come believing that I am with you and I am for you. Come in faith My beloved for these are the days of the manifest presence of My faith coming to life within you. And it shall be that all of your needs are met and that your healing comes physically, emotionally and spiritually. This is the purpose of these last days, to have a Church that is glorious; a Church that has been perfected; a Church that has been touched, healed and living in the presence of My glory. Come, says the Lord.

I REFUSE TO BE DISCOURAGED
I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
And here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
And I am on His team.
He is all-wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same,
My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.
When circumstances threaten
To rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts within me,
And weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "Son of God" is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God
He has promised to be with me,
As through this life I trod.
I'm looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory's mine;
He'll help me win the race.
Written By BJ George, But "Inspired By Our Lord Jesus Christ"

IT'S IN YOUR FACE - Author Unknown
You don't have to tell how you live each day,
You don't have to say if you work or play,
A tried, true barometer serves in the place;
however you live, it will show in your face.
The false, the deceit you bear in your heart
Will not stay inside, where it first got a start.
For sin and blood are a thin veil of lace;
what you wear in your heart you wear in your face.
If your life is unselfish,
if for others you live,
for not what you get,
but for how much you can give;
If you live close to God,
in His infinite grace,
you don't have to tell it,
it shows in your face.

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

If we live, it is for the Lord that we live, and if we die, it is for the Lord that we die. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37

Let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream! Amos 5:24

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

What keeps you going?
Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:16
I will write down these things as a testimony of what the Lord will do. I will entrust it to my disciples, who will pass it down to future generations. Isaiah 8:16
For I have stayed in God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart. Job 23:11-12
The soil of Eden
Our bodies originated in the soil of Eden. It should not surprise us that they are sustained by food that grows from the soil. Every source of food ultimately finds its nourishment in the soil, and that nourishment sustains our bodies.
Likewise, our souls were created by the breath of God in Eden; it should not surprise us that the Word of God, which is inspired, or "God breathed," sustains our souls. If we plan to eat food each day to keep our body alive, shouldn't we also plan to feast on God's Word each day to sustain our soul?

>From the TouchPoint Bible

O God, thank you for coming to us in our need and empowering us to live faithfully. Thank you for your assurance that faith in Jesus Christ can bring us complete healing. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 101
1 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing. 2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. 3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. 4 A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. 5 Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. 6 Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. 7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. 8 I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

Dear God, help us to remember to look for you in both the routine tasks and the interruptions of our daily life. May we feel your presence in all that we do each day. Help us to keep our lives in order to better serve you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply