Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - July 14

Have your heart right with Christ, and He will visit you often, and so turn weekdays into Sundays, meals into sacraments, homes into temples and earth into heaven. Charles Haddon Spurgeon

There is only one way to bring peace to the heart, joy to the mind, and beauty to the life; it is to accept and do the will of God. William Barclay

Some of you are going through trials right now that have dropped you on your knees.At the same time those trials are pulling you closer to the Lord than you’ve ever been in your life. That ought to bring rejoicing. You’ll be more closely linked to Him. Some of the mysterious themes threaded through His Word will become clearer because you have been
leveled by some unexpected affliction or enduring persecution or facing misunderstanding. Charles Swindoll

If you have a special need today, focus your full attention on the goodness and greatness of your Father rather than on the size of your need. Your need is tiny compared to His ability to meet it. Bill Patterson

Sometimes the Lord rides out the storm with us and other times He calms the restless sea around us. Most of all, He calms the storm inside us in our deepest inner soul. Lloyd John Ogilvie

We have a loving father who hears our cry. God reaches down, pulls us out of the briars of sin, and sets our feet on the right path.

No matter our size, shape, complexion, or age, each one of us matters to God.

Poems and Sparrows
We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
Percy Shelley wasn't successful in life personally or professionally. When he drowned in a storm at age 29, he had only about fifty readers and little money. But he's remembered today as one of the finest poets in the English language. He once defined his craft like this. "Poetry," he wrote, "is the record of the best and happiest moments of the happiest and best minds."
As the apostle Paul originally wrote Ephesians 2:10 in the Greek, he used an interesting word for "workmanship"--the Greek term poema, from which we get our English word poem. It means something made or created. We're the living record of His happy creative genius. God places great value on each of us. We are His craftsmanship, His creation, His workmanship.
Though this earth teems with nearly 7 billion people, each of us is important to God. "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?" Jesus asked. "And not one of them is forgotten before God. . . Do not fear, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows" (Luke 12:6-7).
I am somebody 'cause God don't make no junk. Ethel Waters

"When You Are Discouraged..."
Do not fear or be discouraged. Deuteronomy 1:21b
Many of our favorite hymns tell us what to do when discouraged. One old standby by Johnson Oatman advises: "When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, count your many blessings, name them one by one."
Another asks, "Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come?" We should rather remember that "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."
The beloved hymn, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus," gives us sound advice in saying we should "never be discouraged" over a burden, for we can "take it to the Lord in prayer."
The spiritual, "There Is a Balm in Gilead" says: "Sometimes I feel discouraged, and think my work's in vain, and then the Holy Spirit revives my soul again."
So if you're discouraged today, remember that a moment in the presence of our Lord can change your attitude. Count your blessings. Realize you're more valuable than the sparrows. Take it to the Lord in prayer, and let the Holy Spirit revive your soul again.
Do not fear or be discouraged.
I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free. For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. Civilla D. Martin

Could We Do It?
Luke 16:10a - He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much. (KJV)
Luke 19:17 - And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. (KJV)
By now, most of the North American continent, if not the world, knows of the finding and rescue of Rita Chretien of Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. This extraordinary woman survived for 49 days from March 19th to May 6th, stuck in a van off a logging road in the vast backwoods of Nevada, USA, living each day on only a bit of trail mix, a hard candy, fish oil pills, and water that she melted from snow or collected from a stream.
She and her husband had set out for a trade show in Las Vegas and took what they thought was a shortcut, on which their van eventually became stuck. After three days, her husband set out for help. Tragically, he has not ever been found.
During her ordeal, it is reported that she wrote in her journal, and read books and her Bible every day.
How many among us believe that we are capable of keeping true to this deep faith, this strict self-discipline ... especially where food rationing is concerned, for those of us who constantly fight the battle of the bulge because we revert back to our old ways?
I am reminded of my father who, as a trapper in northeastern British Columbia back in the 1930s, survived six winter months in pain and alone, except for his dog, in a rugged trapper's cabin, with both feet severely frostbitten to the point that he was afraid that he would lose some toes. Toward the end of his ordeal, he was burning what little furniture there was for fuel. He, too, possessed a quiet determination and a strong faith. When he emerged in the spring, feet finally healed enough to walk out, the first person he met said that he thought that my dad had died because no one had seen him in so long.
There is a saying, "If God takes you to it, He will take you through it." My constant wonder is whether I would have what it takes to rely that deeply on my faith and have the self-discipline to ration my supplies. Such a question can only be answered for sure if we are put in a similar situation. However, continuing to work on strengthening our faith through prayer, reading and listening to the Word of God, resisting temptation in whatever form, and most of all, striving to live a thankful, positive-thinking, Spirit-driven life is definitely the path to take.
Prayer: O God of all, may we continue to strengthen our faith in Your presence in our lives and in the ability You have given each of us to believe also in ourselves. In Your name, we pray and give thanks for each day. Amen. Mary Daniel

Holes In The Pocket
Proverbs 21:20 - The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get. (NLT)
During President Herbert Hoover's administration, it was common to see pants pockets turned inside out. Hoover flags were symbols of the poverty many Americans were facing. It was left to Franklin Roosevelt's administration to fix the American economy.
Hoover left office twenty-seven years before I was born, but I'm familiar with another statement that resembles the flag symbol: "That money is burning a hole in your pocket." My parents and my wife are fond of telling me that. It refers to my tendency to spend extra money or to quickly purchase something without considering whether I really need it.
It would benefit us to take the advice once offered to Barney by Andy Griffith when Barney was contemplating the purchase of his first car: "Why don't you think about it overnight?"
Shortly after Hoover became president, America suffered a devastating stock market crash in 1929. Scores of people watched their life savings dematerialize. Hundreds of banks closed. Many "haves" found themselves standing in bread lines.
But back to my story. My parents taught me to save. Financial advisors advocate the same thing. Ten percent of our income is a good number, but surveys show many are not saving at all. A rainy day comes and we get soaked.
By this proverb's assessment, I suppose I'm a fool. While saving is a wise practice, I'm reminded of a deeper thought. No amount of money or material possessions I have is secure, nor is there anything I can do to secure it -- try as I might.
Prayer: God, we confess that the only thing we have that cannot be stolen or destroyed is our relationship with You. Help us to recognize that while we may have holes in our pockets, we stand on a solid rock in Jesus Christ. Amen. Martin Wiles

Growing Proud by Suzanne Benner
There is great satisfaction in a job well done, but there is also a danger.
Pride, that insidious sin, tends to swell our brains so that they can no longer think straight.
Although we often begin with the right attitude, using the gifts God has given us – health, energy, creativity or intelligence – to work, learn and produce, sometimes in the end our perspective becomes distorted. We start to think too highly of ourselves and forget that it was God who enabled us to accomplish these things in the first place.
In the Old Testament judgment was proclaimed on the city of Tyre, not because of their ambition or skill, but because they had grown proud.
“By your great skill in trading you have increased your wealth, and because of your wealth your heart has grown proud.” (Ezekiel 28:5)
“Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor” (Ezekiel 28:17).
We can keep ourselves from falling into the same trap of arrogance by remembering that everything we have is a gift from God.
“For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not” (1 Corinthians 4:7)?
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows” (James 1:17).
God give me a grateful heart to always remember that everything thing I have – my intelligence, beauty, athletic ability, musical talent – is a gift from You. Thank you for the amazing things You have done in me and through me; may I never forget Your work in me and grow proud.
Questions: In what situations are you in danger of growing proud? What helps keep you from falling into the trap of pride?

LED by His Spirit by Gail
“For those who are LED by the Spirit of God are the children of God” (Romans?8:14).
Think about your past week for just a moment. What has been leading you through your days?
• Are you being led astray in your faith by the company you are keeping?
• Are you being led by a rushing busyness that brings unrest to your heart and mind?
• Are you being dragged by your emotions?
God calls us to be LED by the Spirit of God. But it’s not always an easy thing to wrap your mind around. Here is a tool, in the form of the acronym LED, to help you intentionally allow yourself to be LED by God’s Spirit today.
Romans 8:14 “For those who are LED by the Spirit of God are the children of God.”
1. L- Look for His mercies
Lamentations 3:22-23 “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
EVERY MORNING God’s love and faithfulness are fresh to draw upon. His care is unlimited. His plan is not for us to be “consumed” by the circumstances and cares of our day. Turn your thoughts to His love and faithfulness before our feet hit the floor in the morning and as you drift off to sleep at night.
Psalm 92:2 “It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening”
Sandwich your day between declaring His love afresh over you in the morning and in the evening thanking Him for His faithful care.
2. E- Encourage daily
Hebrews 3:13 “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”
Take the time to get into God’s presence to allow His word to encourage your heart. Listen for His still, small voice as He nudges you to offer a word of encouragement to others as you go through your day.
All of us can be deceived by the lie, “You are all alone”. Especially at times of loss or crisis or difficult days. Our hearts can begin to harden and we need the daily encouragement of our Lord and of each other as we share the journey of life.
3. D-Declare Thanksgiving
Psalm 50:23 “He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.”
Thanksgiving is so much more than the trite “be thankful” or “have an attitude of gratitude”. These are good reminders to keep a thankful outlook yet thanksgiving is so much more.
It is a DOORWAY that actually opens the way for God to show His salvation, for God to amaze us and bring His plans and purposes to pass. It prepares the way for God to come into our lives and our circumstances. WOW!
Father God, today I want to be LED by Your Spirit in a fresh way. Show me Your mercies today as I look for them. Encourage my heart and show me who I can also encourage. And give me a fresh outlook of thanksgiving that I might open that door that prepares the way for Your deliverance in my life. Fill me with rejoicing and thanksgiving for all You are and for Your never-ending love and faithfulness to me. I love You Lord and I look to You to lead me this day. In the name of Jesus I pray,amen.
Questions: What has been leading you this past week? Are you being led astray in your faith by the company you are keeping? Are you being led by a rushing busyness that brings unrest to your heart and mind? Are you being dragged by your emotions?

GIVE HIM THE GLORY
“Then Peter said, ‘Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.’” – Acts 3:6
George Beverly Shea is a Christian singer who began singing professionally in 1933. In 1947, he teamed up with evangelist Billy Graham for the next 60 years. George has been described as "America's Beloved Gospel Singer."
George has devoted his life and work at telling "of the Christ who died for me." He is a man of deep sympathies, he will listen endlessly to the troubles of others but dismiss his own with a word and a smile.
In December 2010, The Recording Academy decided to award the 102-year old singer with a Lifetime Achievement Award in conjunction with the 2011 GRAMMY Awards.
“I was surprised to receive the call from The Recording Academy president before Christmas and am honored for the recognition,” Shea said. “The music has been for God’s glory.”
In all that you do, in all the awards and recognition you receive, give glory to Jesus Christ. Today in prayer, praise the Lord that He is glorious and give Christ the glory in all areas of your life.
“He is altogether glorious – unequalled in splendor and unrivaled in power. He is beyond the grasp of human reason – far beyond the grasp of any scientific mind. Inexhaustible, immeasurable, and unfathomable – eternal, immortal and invisible. The highest mountain peaks and the deepest canyon depths are just tiny echoes of His proclaimed greatness. And the blazing stars above, the faintest emblems of the full measure of His glory. – Matt Redman
God’s Word: “Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious!” – Psalm 66:2 By Peter Kennedy

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I will continue to show you by example and through your circumstances the weapons that have been formed against you. But, I will also make it very clear to you the weapons that I have given you to use to gain the victory in every situation. The enemy has power, but you must not be afraid. I have given you the power to overcome all the works of darkness. Exercise your authority, says the Lord. Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

You may feel like you have taken two steps forward and one step back, but I tell you that you are not losing ground. You are on an upward progression that is being challenged by forces of evil manifesting through your circumstances. Keep the faith and refuse to get discouraged or frustrated regardless of setbacks or difficulties in moving ahead. I have not left you, nor am I unaware of the details of your life, says the Lord. Trust Me to bring you through. Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

You can either use distractions and difficulties to exercise your authority to overcome, or you can allow those things to interrupt the flow of the Spirit in your life. A quick evaluation will reveal whether you are walking in the Spirit or fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. It is highly beneficial for you to live in the Spirit rather than walking in the darkness of your circumstances, says the Lord. Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Agitation is a weapon formed against you to get you off track, but you can bind the power of that weapon and maintain your peace if you will take the time to do so. Actively resist the temptations that come to express anger or impatience, and they will pass quickly. However, if you act on the irritation that you feel, it will lead to unpleasant consequences. As you continue to maintain self-control you will gain spiritual freedom, says the Lord. Matthew 16:19 "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

You're feeling off balance and out of touch, but I tell you that as you spend time in My presence you will be refreshed and renewed. Take the time to come to Me for restoration. I will touch you, strengthen you, and empower you to do all that I have given you to do and to be all you are called to be. Don't doubt My ability and willingness to lift you up and infuse you and rejuvenate you with the life of the Spirit. All you have to do is come, says the Lord. John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

I will take you step by step, step by step into the truth of My Word and bring you through to victory. Let Me direct your steps and give you the wisdom necessary to overcome the works of the flesh and the attacks of the evil one. You were created to be My sons, children of royalty, with the power of the Spirit. Rise up and take your position in faith to win every battle by grace, says the Lord. Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Behold, I say unto you, a new thing I will do, says the Lord. For, I am your eraser, and I am the One that removes from the chalkboard of your mind those things that hinder you. I am the One who cleans the slate to give you a new beginning, a new day, and a new time in which to live. I am the One who, with one swipe of My hand, can remove the hindrances that bind and hold you. I am the One who cleanses you from the problems of the past. And, when the slate is clean and those things that are harmful have been removed, I will write a new beginning for you; a new day for you; a new prophecy for you; a new word to you. And at the dawning and the revelation of that which I have written over you, you will become a new creation; a new creature in Christ Jesus, with a new life experience, a new purpose and a new destiny. I have taken you from the devil's hand and placed you in My kingdom and have translated you into that place of glory so that your life will be filled with My presence and My glory. The book that I have written for you individually will change you and transform you. Watch for My interaction in your life when the light breaks forth and what you might call mini light bursts in your spiritual atmosphere will all of a sudden bring change. When that happens know that I am there; know that I have come in that moment to touch you and reveal to you that which you have a desire to know and to deliver you from that which the enemy is bringing against you. So watch for the light, for it is filled with glory, says the Lord of Glory.

A Time For Growing
I know that right now you are hurting!
And the issue at hand, you're not skirting!
You are blaming yourself and feel you did wrong
But God, thru our weakness will help us be strong.
He knows that we're only human
And sometimes we may stumble and fall,
But he never gives up and throws us away,
He's just waiting for us, on him to call.
He's waiting with arms wide open
To comfort you in your grief;
He knows the guilt that you're feeling
And he's longing to bring you his own sweet relief.
He knows when we feel that we've failed him,
That's why he gives mercy and grace;
To help all these struggles within us,
To give strength for the battles, that we have to face.
He knows of the suffering within you
But he knows how imperfect we are;
His mercy and grace covers all of our failures
And his love overcomes them by far.
You can't let this get you down, my friend
He's waiting to gather you under His wings;
You've learned one of life's greatest lessons
and the peace and joy that His forgiveness brings!
You'll understand more of his suffering
And the reason he died on the cross for us;
You have felt the great loss of losing someone
To death and sin and unrighteousness.
Time will heal the hurt that you're feeling,
But thru faith, you can be made strong;
The lesson he's taught you will help you to grow
And his wisdom and knowledge to you, he will show.
With God's help you'll come thru this much bolder,
More determined to win souls for him;
God knows that we all, will fall short at times,
But he'll give us the strength and the courage to win.
Just keep holding on to him, friend,
You're going to make it I know;
One day you'll look back and know in your heart
That this circumstance helped you, in him to grow.
~Helen Johnson~

A Place Where No One else Can Tread
For every single child of God,
There is a secret place,
Where we can go to hide and pray,
And seek our Father's face.
A place where no one else can tread
Where no one else can go,
We find there grace and solitude,
And peace for our weary souls.
We fold our hands and close our eyes,
As we kneel before the Lord,
In the closet of our minds we step,
Inside and close the door.
We pray according to His will,
And ask in Jesus' name,
We know our Father hears us,
For His Word says just the same.
We ask the Lord to heal the sick,
To bless the broken hearted,
Have mercy on the sinners souls,
And peace to the just departed.
We pray "Dear Lord please hear my cry!",
I'm praying now for others,
I've never seen or met them but,
They're my sisters and my brothers.
And Lord You know the special need,
That binds their lives today,
Please bless them Lord and heal them all,
In Jesus name we pray.
And for the ones unsaved Oh Lord,
We pray a special prayer,
Please lead and guide and keep them,
In Your tender loving care.
Lord send them Heavens Angels
To soften their hearts of stone,
And give them peace inside Lord,
And save their precious souls.
And for the ones who hate You
With bitterness and disdain,
Who curse their very souls Lord,
When they take Your name in vain.
We pray Lord please have mercy,
And shower them with grace,
Forgive them of their sins Lord,
In Jesus' name we pray.
And Father pave the way for me,
To touch someone today,
To help them come to know You,
In that very special way.
That You loved the world so much You gave,
Your Son on the cross to die,
That You wish for no one to perish,
But for all everlasting life.
We pray for the ones who pray for those,
Who have a special need,
We ask You Lord to bless them all,
As they pray on bended knee.
In the lives of those they're praying for,
We ask You to provide,
All things the soldiers ask in prayer,
Please hear their humble cry.
In Jesus' name we ask today,
According to Thy perfect will,
Doubting not we now believe
As we give we shall receive.
Thank You Father for Your Love,
Your Mercy and Your Grace,
Thank You for this time of prayer,
To seek Your righteous face.
We praise You Lord and love You,
We glorify Your Holy name,
And we thank You Holy Spirit,
We're so joyful that You came.
Now as we go about our way,
Let us share the joy You give,
Let us sing with happy hearts and souls,
Within us Your Spirit lives.
We ask according to Thy will,
In Jesus name we send,
This prayer to You on Angels wings,
Amen Oh Lord Amen.

The Happiness of Those Whose Help Is the LORD
1 Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul! 2 While I live I will praise the LORD; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. 3 Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; In that very day his plans perish. 5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD his God, 6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, 7 Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners. 8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous. 9 The LORD watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down. 10 The LORD shall reign forever—Your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the LORD! Psalm 146

1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious. 1 Peter 2:1-3

103 How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!104 Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. 106 I have sworn and confirmed That I will keep Your righteous judgments. Psalm 119:103-106

10 With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:10-11

21 Now Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” John 11:21-27

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9

1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:1-5

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

A Waxy Feel
Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief.... Hebrews 3:12
Merchants in Connecticut were on the lookout earlier this year for counterfeit $100 bills. The bills were of such quality that standard tests failed to identify them as fakes. The only giveaway was a slightly waxy feel when held in the fingers.
Satan is a master counterfeiter, and Jesus constantly warned us to beware of fakes. Wheat and the tares look the same as they grow, He said, but at the harvest they produce different crops (Matthew 13:24-30). False teachers will come as wolves in sheep's clothing (Matthew 7:15). False christs will arise at the end of the age (Matthew 24:24). The ten virgins in Matthew 25 were similarly dressed and outfitted, but only five were truly ready for the bridegroom.
We mustn't doubt our salvation once we have truly received Christ as Lord. We can know with abiding assurance that we're saved. But we do want to make sure we have truly received Christ as Savior and Lord. If that isn't settled in your life, kneel down today and give yourself fully and finally to Him in true repentance and faith.
The Blood makes us safe; the Book makes us sure. Source unknown

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for this day. I thank You for my being able to awake once again, to see, and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You continue to bless me. Please forgive me every day for anything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to You, and I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over. Let me continue to see sin through Your eyes and acknowledge it as evil. And when I sin, let me repent, and confess with my mouth my wrongdoing, and receive Your forgiveness. And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of Jesus -- to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. It is the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those who are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those who are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those who don't believe, and I thank you that You are in my heart and that I do believe and have true faith in You. I believe that You change people and You can change all things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers, and for each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love, and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than You. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly. This is my prayer... and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, Amen

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 95
1 O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. 2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. 3 For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. 4 In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. 5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. 6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. 7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. 10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: 11 Unto whom I swear in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Lord, God Almighty, You have brought us safely to the beginning of this day. Defend us today by Your mighty power, that we may not fall into any sin, but that all our words may so proceed and all our thoughts and actions be so directed, as to be always just in Your sight. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply