Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2014, 05:28 AM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A grateful alcoholic/addict will never have a reason to pick up. As Irene stated, "I am responsible." I always say to the best of my ability. Because of health issues, I can't always get out to meeting or go for coffee with someone, but I try to take time to listen to them and pass on any info they need, and if I don't know, I suggest places they can go to get it.

Lots of excuses, but no reason. As I was told, "If you have one hand in the hand of a newcomer and the other hand in the Hand of your Higher Power, you won't have any hands left to pick up.

As the program say, "I am responsible when anyone, anywhere, reaches out, I want the AA/NA or any other Fellowship, to reach out and always be there."

You don't have to be a newcomer to hurt. Just for today, I choose not to use. It isn't the substance, it is me and my attitude that needs to change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply