Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 7

Do you feel inept, unqualified, or just not up to it? God understands your feelings, your doubts, your fears. He also knows your heart, and can work mightily in one that's yielded to Him. You are a diamond - a diamond in the rough - a diamond in the making. Place yourself in the hands of the Master Jeweler, Jesus Christ. Allow Him to chisel you, mould you, and refine you. Nancy Cobb

Today let's slow down and listen for a word from God.

God has wonderful ways of meeting our needs. What a joy it is that we serve a God who knows our deepest needs and takes joy in meeting these needs — often in beautiful and unexpected ways!

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Don't let anybody tell you that you're not somebody, first things first, you are a Child of God and God doesn't make any junk.

"It is only the love of God which can deliver us from our self-centered isolation and set us free to love our fellow men." W.A Visser T Hooft & J.H. Oldham

To A Beautiful Person
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring. He sends you a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He listens. He can live anywhere in the universe, but He chose your heart. Face it friend, He is crazy about you! God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. --Author Unknown

The Tapestry Author Unknown
A missionary was traveling in the Far East when he came across a booth in a market place. It was a tapestry makers booth. As he walked by he saw a strange sight. A man was standing in the booth shouting at his loom on the other side of the booth. As he shouted threads appeared in the tapestry almost by magic. The missionary asked his guide for an explanation.
"The man you see," said the guide, "Is a master weaver. He is speaking to his apprentice behind the loom telling him what color thread to use and where to put it. Only the weaver knows the entire design, so it is vital that the apprentice do exactly as the master commands."
"Does the apprentice ever make a mistake?" asked the missionary.
"Of course. But the weaver is a very kind man in this case and he will rarely have the boy take out the thread. Instead, being a great artist, he simply works the mistake into the design."
How much that is like God. We cannot see the pattern of the tapestry God is weaving. We are on the other side of the loom looking at knotted threads placed seemingly without purpose. Occasionally we can catch a glimpse of the design, but then as soon as we think we have it pegged the master calls for a thread which changes every thing. So, we have to trust the master weaver that he knows what he is doing.
And like the apprentice, we, too make our mistakes. We put in a red thread instead of a violet one. We knot it in the wrong place or place it crookedly. And God in his mercy doesn't upbraid us but takes our own mistakes and make them part of the design.

From Turmoil To Peace by Parise Arakelian
Luke 8:22-25 – One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and started out. As they sailed across, Jesus settled down for a nap. But soon a fierce storm came down on the lake. The boat was filling with water, and they were in real danger. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. Then he asked them, "Where is your faith?" The disciples were terrified and amazed. "Who is this man?" they asked each other. "When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!" (NLT)
As a close-knit workgroup, we set out for a weekend camping trip to forge down the South Fork of the American River in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, southwest of Lake Tahoe near Sacramento, California, USA. The excitement was palpable as we prepared camp for what we had heard would be the thrill of a lifetime. Several group members expressed excitement with their thoughts of going over the whitewater caused by the fast-flowing rapids the following day. As we made our way to the drop-off spot, we could hear the sound of the roaring waves as they crashed down through the rocks of the river.
We wore bathing suits, tennis shoes, canvas brimmed hats, and life jackets, and we carried rafting paddles. As I took my place in the raft, I began to wonder if I had made the right decision by coming on this adventure. We were quickly onto the waves as we paddled our way through and over rock formations. As a first-time rafter, I found myself hanging on to the ropes which were attached to the side of the raft as we made it safely through the turbulent waves. At the end of the run, we landed in peaceful waters.
This experience led me to the story of the disciples finding themselves in turbulent waters: they were frightened when the boat they were in was about to be swamped in the Sea of Galilee. After the Master was awakened from His sleep, He spoke to the turmoil and all was once again calm. This reminds me of how our ever-present Lord will bring us through the turmoils of life to His peace, which is so clearly described in the hymn, Wonderful peace by Warren D. Cornell:
I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace,
Resting sweetly in Jesus' control;
For I'm kept from all danger by night and by day,
And His glory is flooding my soul!
Peace, peace, wonderful peace,
Coming down from the Father above!
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,
In fathomless billows of love!
Are we burdened with the troubles and turmoil of our lives? Let us rest in His control; He will give us the calmness and strength to weather the storms of life — if we give Him control.
Prayer: Dear Lord, we come to You in our weakness to ask for Your strength. You have said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT) Thank You for Your ever-present help in trial. We ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

All Mine: Realizing Your Spiritual Gifts by Donna Sparks
Four years ago, I was struggling and praying to receive the perfect message from God for an upcoming speaking engagement. Unfortunately, I was getting nothing. It seemed that God was being completely silent. The date was nearing, and I was almost in a panic! I was starting to doubt my calling. I thought, Can I even do this? I began to think about others who I believed were better speakers, funnier, more in-depth, or better equipped than myself, and I was almost ready to throw in the towel! “God, please give me something to say to them,” I pleaded!
Finally, in exhaustion I went to bed—without a message. I will never forget what happened next. That evening, God provided a message. While I processed, I began to think about my childhood. One very funny memory sprang to mind.
I remembered how, at Christmas, my brother and I were always so excited to open our gifts. We would sit down in front of the Christmas tree, and mom and dad would pass out our presents. I would rip into mine with eager anticipation!
My brother would sit and watch me. After I had opened a gift, he would ask my parents, “How much did that cost?” When I opened the next one, he would look at my parents and ask, “How much did you pay for that one?”
It was so frustrating! He would sit there, and count up how much they had spent on me, so that he would know if they spent more on me than on him! My parents were always very fair, and they always treated us equally.
Our gifts always totaled the same amount, yet he would sit there surrounded by his gifts and watch me open mine. He was sure I was going to receive something more expensive or better than what he received.
Finally, my parents were so exasperated, they just began to leave the price tags on everything! I began thinking how silly it was for him to sit there, and not enjoy opening his gifts because he was so preoccupied with what I was getting! He could be enjoying his own gifts if he weren’t so busy watching me open mine!
As I sat in bed recounting this story, God spoke to my heart. He spoke to me, “That’s what my children do. I have given you all so many gifts, perfectly suited to you alone. But you are busy worrying about what gift someone else has rather than opening the gifts I have given to you.”
That reality pierced my heart! I was guilty of sitting surrounded by my own unopened gifts, and watching others to see if theirs were better than mine!
How many times are we guilty of putting price tags on our gifts? God is fair and just! He has given each of us different gifts, but none of them are worth more than another. All our gifts are equal in value.
God wants each of us to function in our own talents and our own calling. He doesn’t see a price tag when He looks at us. He looks at us hoping to see us excited about discovering, and using the gifts He has given us.
That night I was reminded of the need to stop comparing myself to others, and open my own gifts. He has given each one of us the “perfect gift!” Have you opened yours?
In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly (Romans 12:6-9, NLT).

Eagles in the Storm Author Unknown
Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it. The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.
When the storms of life come upon us... and all of us will experience them... we can rise above them by setting our minds and hearts on Jesus, and putting our faith in Him.
The storms do not have to overcome us. We can allow God's power to lift us above them. God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment into our lives. We can soar above the storm. Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them. The Bible says, "Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles." (Isaiah 40:31).

This day is too frantic, feelings are too intense, my spirit too troubled.
Just let me close my door on the distractions outside and around me for five minutes...
Five minutes just for me, to relax physically and emotionally and let serenity wash over me. The quiet renews and revitalizes me.
Just by affirming that I'm relaxed, I can handle anything with a peaceful demeanor. If I'm to be of any help to anyone today, I must remember to take myself to my quiet place. --Help for Helpers
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom. He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy. Even youths get tired and weary; even strong young men clumsily stumble. But those who wait for the Lord's help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles' wings, they run without getting weary, they walk without getting tired. Isaiah 40:28-31

God Loves Me - Here's Proof By Roy Irwin
During one of our first dates my wife and I were getting to know one another better by sharing stories about ourselves, our faith, and how we came to know Jesus and His love. It was during one of these conversations that my wife remarked with great certainty, "I know that God loves me. I've got a dollar to prove it!"
Having piqued my curiosity, she continued to share about one of the darkest, loneliest times of her life. It was at the end of a long, exhausting week where each day at work had been difficult. She was tired, depressed and felt alone. Now driving back to an empty home at night in the rain she remembered that she had to pick something up at the store.
It was just too much to bear.
Standing in the checkout line she was overcome with emotion. She kept her head turned to hide her moist eyes. As the tears welled up inside of her she cried out this silent prayer, "God, forgive me for my lack of faith. I know that your word says that you love me, but right now I don't feel it. I really need to know that you love me."
It was at just that moment that the Cashier handed my wife her change - a single dollar bill. As she took the dollar, she noticed it had writing on it. A closer look revealed these handwritten words: "I LOVE YOU!"
As I've shared this story over the years I'm often asked if I think that it was just a coincidence that the dollar had this message on it.
I don't think so.
We have this promise from the Bible in Philippians 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (NIV)
For my wife, her need at that particular moment was just to know that God loved her and that He was still with her. God met her need through a timely, personal message delivered at just the right moment.
2000 years ago God delivered another personal message to mankind when He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to earth - demonstrating His love for us all and meeting the biggest need that we have - the need to have our sins forgiven.
Today we still have the framed dollar bill. Though the writing has faded over the years, it has been a constant reminder that God does indeed love us, that He keeps His promises, and that He meets us where we are, especially in our time of need. It echoes with a promise from Jesus found in Matthew 28:20 "...And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)
How about you?
Do YOU know that God loves you? It's true! "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him should not be lost, but should have eternal life." John 3:16 (Phillips Translation)
"Dear Lord God, thank you for your promise found in Jeremiah 31:3: "...I have loved you with an everlasting love." (NIV) We believe it and know that You love us. Help us to receive that love. Amen."

My Quilt
As I faced my Maker at the last judgment, I knelt before the Lord along with all the other souls.
Before each of us laid our lives like the squares of a quilt in many piles. An Angel sat before each of us sewing our quilt squares together into a tapestry that is our life.
But as my angel took each piece of cloth off the pile, I noticed how ragged and empty each of my squares was. They were filled with giant holes. Each square was labeled with a part of my life that had been difficult, the challenges and temptations I was faced with in everyday life. I saw hardships that I endured, which were the largest holes of all.
I glanced around me. Nobody else had such squares. Other than a tiny hole here and there, the other tapestries were filled with rich color and the bright hues of worldly fortune. I gazed upon my own life and was disheartened.
My angel was sewing the ragged pieces of cloth together, threadbare and empty, like binding air.
Finally the time came when each life was to be displayed, held up to the light, the scrutiny of truth.
The others rose, each in turn, holding up their tapestries. So filled their lives had been. My angel looked upon me, and nodded for me to rise.
My gaze dropped to the ground in shame. I hadn't had all the earthly fortunes. I had love in my life, and laughter. But there had also been trials of illness, and death, and false accusations that took from me my world, as I knew it. I had to start over many times. I often struggled with the temptation to quit, only to somehow muster the strength to pick up and begin again. I spent many nights on my knees in prayer, asking for help and guidance in my life. I had often been held up to ridicule, which I endured painfully, each time offering it up to the Father in hopes that I would not melt within my skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly judged me.
And now, I had to face the truth. My life was what it was, and I had to accept it for what it was.
I rose and slowly lifted the combined squares of my life to the light. An awe-filled gasp filled the air. I gazed around at the others who stared at me with wide eyes.
Then, I looked upon the tapestry before me. Light flooded the many holes, creating an image, the face of Christ. Then our Lord stood before me, with warmth and love in His eyes. He said, "Every time you gave over your life to Me, it became My life, My hardships, and My struggles. Each point of light in your life is when you stepped aside and let Me shine through, until there was more of Me than there was of you."
May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing Christ to shine through. --Thomas W Henderson

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Set a watch for unauthorized intrusions into your life and circumstances, and stay protected. Beware of schemes and scams at this time. If you will stand on the firm ground of righteousness and truth, you will be able to discern both good and evil, says the Lord. I will show you when evil intentions are present. Your connection to Me is vital. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Righteousness triumphs over evil. Do what it takes to win every battle and in so doing you will win the war. I have given you the authority to defeat the powers of darkness regardless of how they manifest, but you must exercise your legal right to overcome. Discern your spiritual environment to know when and what to fight, says the Lord. Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Come into rest where you throw all of your cares on Me. My presence is the only place of restoration and rejuvenation. I know what you've been through and the stressful burden you have carried. Let go of everything that has sapped your strength and vitality. Come and be renewed, says the Lord. Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Even though the temptation is great to make comparisons and measure yourself and others according to arbitrary standards, it is not good. It is an effort in futility and has no positive outcome at all. My desire is that you look to Me for direction, guidance, and correction and allow Me to lead you in ways that will have a good outcome, says the Lord, and leave others alone. 2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am calling to My warriors. I’m calling to those who have the heart of a warrior--to those who will go to war. I’m calling to those who will rise up in a position of faith and seize not only a moment in this season, but the very promises themselves. I’m calling you to take the prize of the high calling, the calling that I have brought you forth into your destiny. Walk the path that is before you and obtain the victory. For, this is the season of supernatural empowerment in which I will bring the glory of My kingdom to bear upon the hearts of the warriors to take the victory from Satan. Take the victory now and believe, says the Lord.

"START OVER!" Author Unknown
When you've trusted God and walked his way
When you've felt his hand lead you day by day
But your steps now take you another way...
START OVER!
When you've made your plans and they've gone awry
When you've tried your best and there's no more try
When you've failed yourself and you don't know why...
START OVER!
When you've told your friends what you plan to do
When you've trusted them and they didn't come through
And you're all alone and it's up to you...
START OVER!
When you've failed your kids and they're grown and gone
When you've done your best but it's turned out wrong
And now your grandchildren come along...
START OVER!
When you've prayed to God so you'll know his will
When you've prayed and prayed and you don't know still
When you want to stop cause you've had your fill...
START OVER!
When you think you're finished and want to quit
When you've bottomed out in life's deepest pit
When you've tried and tried to get out of it...
START OVER!
When the year has been to long and successes few
When December comes and you're feeling blue
God gives a January just for you...
START OVER!
Starting over means "Victories Won"
Starting over means "A Race Well Run"
Starting over means "God's Will Done"
Don't just sit there...
START OVER!

Remind Me, God
When I am lonely and
Perhaps I feel despair,
Let not my ailing heart forget
That YOU hear every prayer...
Remind me that no matter what
I do or fail to do,
There still is hope for as long
as I have FAITH in YOU...
Let not my eyes be blinded by
Some folly I commit,
But help me to regret my wrong
And make amends for it.
Inspire me to put my fears
Upon a hidden shelf,
And in the future try not to
Feel sorry for myself.
Give me the restful sleep I need
Before another dawn,
And bless me in the morning with
THE COURAGE TO GO ON.
Author Unknown

The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills. Habakkuk 3:19

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. - Romans 12:20-21

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:16-17

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24

4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:4-5

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:10-11

The Blotting by Lynne Phipps
2 Corinthians 5:19 – For God was in Christ, restoring the world to himself, no longer counting men's sins against them, but blotting them out. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. (TLB)
Oh, no, I thought, I'll never get this stain out. I had been walking with a friend when one of the dogs jumped up and accidentally scratched her. The scratch drew blood, and as I was helping her staunch the flow, my cream-colored shirt brushed against the wound and stained the cuff.
Oh well, I told myself, it's just a shirt, don't sweat it. I was, however, disappointed, as it was a beautiful shirt, one which I wore frequently and really liked.
Later that evening, as I was examining the stain, I remembered some spot remover that was sitting on my laundry shelf. Retrieving the bottle, I read the directions, which stated: "Spray on stain and blot." Mmmm, sounds simple enough, but will it really work? Seeing as I had nothing to lose and hopefully everything to gain, I decided to try it. I sprayed it on, and then, with a clean, white paper towel, I began to blot. Presto, the blood began to come off. I sprayed and blotted again, and then again, and each time, more blood was absorbed by the towel, until all of it had been transferred from my shirt to the blotting paper.
Needless to say, I was extremely happy.
Likewise, God has made a similar provision for all mankind in regards to our sin. Through His Son, Jesus Christ, Who died on the cross, our sins are blotted out. The consequence of sins, which is spiritual death, was transferred from us onto Christ, Whose blood covers them in God's sight, leaving us spiritually cleansed or holy before Him.
What an incredibly marvelous action of love! And this blotting out of our sins is a totally free gift from God. All we need to do to claim it is to sincerely ask Christ to forgive us our sin by repenting of it: saying that we are sorry, that we believe in what He did on the cross for us, and that we accept it by faith.
Perhaps today, you are feeling in despair about a sin or sins that you believe have ruined your life, your future. Perhaps they are sins which you feel can never be blotted out; they are too great, too heinous. If so, then I have good news for you. These sins have already been paid for by Christ. All our sin, past, present, and future, was paid for through the shedding of His blood on the cross at Calvary. So why not take a moment right now and confess them to Christ, repent of them, and by faith, trust in His power to blot out the guilt of your sin and give you the fresh, clean start that you're longing for. After all, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Prayer: Father God, thank You so much for the power of the blood of the Lamb, which takes away the sin of the world. May each of us, this day, remember to choose to embrace its ability to blot out the guilt of our sin, as we take time to confess, repent, and by faith, accept its cleansing power. In Christ's name, we ask. Amen.

Thank you, Lord, for the relevance of your word in our lives day by day. Help us to immerse ourselves in scripture so that we can hear you speaking to us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Job 16
1 Then Job answered and said, 2 I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all. 3 Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest? 4 I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you. 5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief. 6 Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased? 7 But now he hath made me weary: thou hast made desolate all my company. 8 And thou hast filled me with wrinkles, which is a witness against me: and my leanness rising up in me beareth witness to my face. 9 He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me. 10 They have gaped upon me with their mouth; they have smitten me upon the cheek reproachfully; they have gathered themselves together against me. 11 God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked. 12 I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark. 13 His archers compass me round about, he cleaveth my reins asunder, and doth not spare; he poureth out my gall upon the ground. 14 He breaketh me with breach upon breach, he runneth upon me like a giant. 15 I have sewed sackcloth upon my skin, and defiled my horn in the dust. 16 My face is foul with weeping, and on my eyelids is the shadow of death; 17 Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure. 18 O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place. 19 Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high. 20 My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God. 21 O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour! 22 When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return.

Lord, help me to live one day at a time, resting in the promise of Your love and provision for me. Thank You for caring about the details of my life, big and small. Help me to seek You first in all things. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply