Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - February 24

Nothing is impossible with God. NOTHING. Not even that thing. Your thing. The One Thing that seems to defy all attempts to defeat it, restore it, heal it, change it, overcome it, undo it, or just to get through it. Your God cares and He is a God who CAN. Believe it. Experience it. God is Able. --Priscilla Shirer

“God cares about everything that concerns you, so feel free to talk to Him about anything.” – Joyce Meyer

God has given each of us important tasks. Each day we can ask God for guidance and follow where that leads, believing that “the one who began a good work among [us] will bring it to completion” (Phil. 1:6).

God understands what we are going through. Even when we are unable to utter anything more than “The Lord is my strength,” we can remember that we are connected to a loving God. Today let's remember that the Lord is our strength.

God never goes “off duty.” God calls us to share love and compassion at any time, in any place. God has prepared a way for us to serve others today.

With Christ as our Savior, we do not face challenges alone. We can take heart that whatever our circumstance, we can find peace and assurance from knowing that our Lord and Savior is with us today and throughout eternity.

Each of us has a gift we can use to help one another. God does not expect us to have the same skills or energy levels as anyone else. When we recognize that God gave us each a gift meant just for us (see 1 Cor. 12:11), we can put this gift to use serving one another and the Lord.

God is watching over us and sees what we need — whether another person or even a machine — to help us express our thoughts.

Lost And Found by Rosemary Hagedorn
Not too long ago, I joined a weight loss class. I finally accepted the fact that I needed help, and that I could not lose the weight on my own. To date, I've lost thirty-seven pounds, and I have gone down two dress sizes. I have also lost weight from my fingers, especially my ring finger. Even with that in mind, I also lost the silver turquoise ring which my mother gave me. This was the second time that I had lost that ring.
A few years ago, when my father was still alive, I drove his car back and forth to chemo treatments. It was wintertime. When we returned, I parked his car in the garage, and mom, dad, and I went inside their house. It was not until I took off my gloves that I noticed that my ring wasn't on my finger. I was frantic. I ran outside into the garage and searched through the car and surrounding area, but couldn't find it. I had even prayed, but no ring. I was devastated. Then one day, as I was getting the car out of the garage to take my dad to another one of his treatments, I saw it. There it lay on the shelf! How it got there I will never know, but there it was. My short, quick prayer was answered, not right away, but a little later.
So now, I was searching again. I should have had it re-sized. I should not have worn it, were the thoughts that I was battling. I also wondered if I should ask God to help me find it again. It's only a ring, I thought. There are more important things for God to answer. But I did pray. And then, for some strange reason, I checked a bag in the closet where I collect empty egg cartons and milk bags for the church. I reached down into the bag, and there it was: the ring that my mother gave me. I was overwhelmed with emotion.
God again answered my short little prayer.
Matthew 7:7 – Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (NASB)
Matthew 21:22 – And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. (NASB)
Are you concerned about something that is going on in your life right now? Have you misplaced or lost something? Ask God to help you.
Prayer: Dear God, we thank You that we are able to reach out to You in our distress. Thank You for loving us so much that You would even help us to find the little things in life which are important to us. Sometimes, You answer right away, and sometimes, You don't. Help us to trust in You, whatever the outcome. Amen.

Wings and Weights by Harvest Ministries
Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. —2 Timothy 2:22
Have you ever noticed that when you hang around certain people, you end up eating the wrong things? They always want to order the pizza or the hamburgers and French fries and onion rings. Then there are the people who eat very well, and when you are around them, you kind of adapt and make healthier choices too.
In the same way, there are some people who either will drag you down spiritually or make you want to do better spiritually. There are some people who either will dull your spiritual appetite or make you want to walk more closely with God. So here is the question: What kind of person are you in the way you affect someone else? And what about the people you hang around with? How do they affect you?
We want to think about the things we do and about the people we hang out with, because running the spiritual race is not just running to what is right; it is also running from what is wrong. Paul said, "Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts" (2 Timothy 2:22).
For example, there are a lot of things you could do with your weekend, but you make going to church a priority. That's a really good decision. Think about the people you hang out with and the things you do. Do they speed you on your way spiritually, or do they slow you down? Do they build you up, or do they tear you down? Or, to put it simply, are those people or activities wings or weights? Are they wings that help you on your way? Or, are they weights that slow you down?

But God by Pat Earl
I have been asked to lead the pastoral care team at our church. Lead? Me, lead? I'm comfortable being one of the flock. You lead. I will follow. You speak; I will listen.
Like Moses, I say, Lord, choose another. I'm not qualified. I can't speak eloquently. So many others are more talented. Surely, you don't need me.
Pastoral care - love well. Compassion, concern, sensitivity to the needs of others. Oh no. That's definitely not me. There must be some mistake.
Do you recognize yourself in this scenario? At one time or another, most of us have felt this way when called upon to do something different, to step out of our comfort zones. I'm sure the disciples must have had such thoughts when Jesus gave them a commission to go and make disciples of all nations. (Matt. 28: 19) They were simple men for the most part, fishermen, tax collectors. How could they leave their home towns, families, their comfort zones and go to other areas of the world, telling people about Jesus. They were not trained at public speaking. Who would listen to their stumbling words?
“But God” - I love those two words! But God had a plan. They were told to wait in Jerusalem for a special gift that the heavenly Father would give them - the Holy Spirit. When He arrived - what a difference! Suddenly they were empowered to explain the gospel to people from other countries whose language they had never learned but could now clearly speak. Peter, the burly, foot-in-mouth fisherman, became a leader, fearlessly challenging the authorities with the truth of Jesus' message.
God, Who doesn't change, Who still pours out His Spirit into the hearts of all who believe, will be right there to help and guide me as I take over my new position in the church. He will give me the words to speak and the love to share. He will do the same for anyone who asks:
"Even though you are bad, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more your Heavenly Father will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him." (Luke 11:13)
Praise God! We don't have to do these tasks alone. God will never ask us to do anything that He won't equip us to do, so I will trust Him as I obey His call. I know He won't let me down and He will be there for you too.

Take Heart by Joh Stuart
Matthew 9:2 – Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, "Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven." (NIV 2011)
The more that I read this beautiful story of Jesus healing the paralyzed man, the more that I believe that real healing begins with forgiveness. As a pastor for over thirty years, I have been with and cared for many people in times of illness and recovery. Usually, when folks experience a serious sickness, injury, or setback, they become more reflective about their situation and sometimes express regrets from the past or long-standing issues that still burden their hearts.
During those sacred moments of confession and unburdening, the hope of forgiveness, mercy, and grace which Jesus freely gives becomes a major step in the healing process. It may not seem amazing to others, but as a long-term pastor, I feel privileged to see the beginning of a miracle in individual lives. Christ's forgiveness and wonderful love combine into a healthy restorative which moves the person forward on the journey to recovery.
Perhaps you are in need of forgiveness because of something you said or did which you regret. Maybe you also need to forgive someone for something which still burdens or affects you. Whatever it is or whoever caused it, allow yourself to be embraced by Christ and permit His forgiveness and compassion to begin the healing process within and around you.
Point to ponder: How can Christ's forgiveness heal and restore me?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your gracious words of forgiveness can help us to heal from the past. Grant us this blessing today, and enable us to share that forgiveness with others, so that Your healing may be extended beyond our own lives. In Your holy name, we humbly pray. Amen.

LOVE, LIFE AND A PBJ SANDWICH! Author Unknown
This devotional is dedicated to all of us who "stick it out" through the "thick and thin" of LIFE--married or single--we are blessed...!
And that's where the PEANUT BUTTER 'N JELLY SANDWICH comes in, believe it or not! For you see, love, life AND "pbj" do have a lot in common...
Love in the Sweet Times - We can know God's love--it's the jelly in the middle, the sweetness of being together in His Will and for His good pleasure. He gives us the ability to make choices--we can choose to love and honor our mate--and others--even when it's hard. He is with us--right there in the middle of it all--to share with us HIS abiding love.
Love in the Sticky Times - We can know God's joy--it holds people together in the tough times, when happiness is not enough. It's NEVER enough, even in a good marriage or friendship--only God can bring to us the joy that is eternal, that lasts through trials, tests and storms. He's there, when we call on His Name--He is with us, to share with us HIS never-ending joy.
Love in the Crunch! - We can know God's peace--it's there for the "nutty" times--when things go topsy-turvy, when we don't know which way to turn, when unexpected problems arise. He brings peace to those who seek His face and honor His Word. He's there, when we call on His Name--He is with us, to share with us HIS calming peace.
Got yourself a peanut butter 'n jelly sandwich that needs the Master Chef's touch today? He knows how to make it GOOD, how to make it BETTER, and how to make it the BEST! Take the ingredients to Him, let Him put it all together, or put it BACK together--and you'll find the love, joy and peace only HE can give. It's for LIFE--whether you're married or not! And it works! Believe it--go make yourself a yummy, crunchy PBJ--and have a great day!!
"Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God (1 John 4:7)."
Prayer: Help me this day to honor You, to place You in the center of my life and my home. May I know Your love, joy and peace and share it in loving relationship with that one--or those friends and family--You have given me, In Jesus' Name, Amen."

You Are Not Alone Author Unknown
You are not alone in suffering. Most of us suffer in one form or another. Seventy years are given to us! Some may even reach eighty or ninety or one hundred. But even the best of these years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we are gone. You are not alone.
"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. You are not alone.
God sees, hears, and forgives you. Often our problem is not with God forgiving us, but in us forgiving ourselves. God has forgiven us long ago but we still carry the guilt. Life is not futile, it is full. It's just that everything in life is not pleasant. You have considered ending it all. What you have not considered is that ending it may put you in a far worse place. Believe it, there are much worse places and conditions. You are ready to give up because you think no one cares. You honestly feel that you are alone. If only you could see the angels that surround you. If only you knew the things that you have been kept from. If only you knew the disasters you have been protected against. Soldiers in the natural and the spiritual realms are on duty right now to protect YOU.
When my 13-month-old son is sick, he feels terrible. He wonders why he is sick. He is unaware of all of the love that surrounds him because he can only feel the pain of his sickness. When he is congested and has trouble breathing; all that he knows is that he feels
like he is suffocating. Each breath that you take is a gift. Even when it is hard to breathe, you are still surrounded by love. You are not alone. Know this.........this is for you. You are not alone.

When Trouble Calls
WHILE teaching at Guantanamo Naval Base, Cuba, I lived in the Bachelor Officers' Quarters. After a full day of teaching, I entered my quarters to find a note from a maintenance worker. He informed me that my light had been repaired and was now in working order. He had also written a scripture reference, Psalm 27:14, and signed his name.
Not long afterward, when I was diagnosed with colon cancer, I turned to my Bible for guidance and strength. Facing surgery and a series of 52 chemotherapy treatments, I knew that only God's grace could comfort me. As I turned the pages of my Bible, I found the maintenance work order, which I had kept. I immediately read Psalm 27, and peace filled my heart and mind. I knew then that God had used the maintenance worker as an angel to prepare me for the challenge.
Now in my eighth year of remission, I continue to marvel at how God works. My trouble brought me closer to the Lord, teaching me that God is with us at all times, even in times of deep fear and despair, giving us courage and reassurance. --Darrell T. Cascio
Dearest God, you walk beside us on every step of our earthly journey. May we always call on you for strength, courage, and assurance. Amen.

The Good Way
I had a choice to make, and the pros and cons for each choice seemed equally strong. How can we know when our decisions are within the will of God?
A friend once told me, "We should choose carefully because every choice we make has built-in consequences, good and bad."
I recalled past decisions when I had chosen in haste or when I had chosen my way willfully and without God's guidance. The results were disastrous, and I was left to deal with them as well as I could. Remembering this, I prayed about the decision facing me. Then, in faith, I waited for God to lead me to the right choice, knowing that an answer might not come right away.
Even though no choice is totally free of difficulty, we can trust God to light our way. God's word is our guide, "a lamp to [our] feet and a light to [our] path." (See Ps. 119:105.) We make the best choice we can with the light we have, knowing that either way God will be with us. --Betty Norman

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Many of you, My people, need to extricate yourself from the past and begin again. Start over on a foundation of righteousness and peace. The things that have held you back are things that you must let go of before you can move on. Examine your attachment to that which is not good for you and see if pride is an underlying factor. Humility is necessary to progression, says the Lord. 2 Chronicles 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Beloved, I am calling you to step into a place in the Spirit where freedom and joy become a reality in your life. Remember that what you think is of utmost importance because your thoughts will emerge into actuality. You cannot continue to live in fear and have a good outcome. You must walk in the truth of My word by faith, says the Lord, so that you can inherit My promises. Proverbs 23:7a For as he [a man] thinks in his heart, so is he.

In a vision I was standing by a river, and there was a foggy mist rising from the water. The Lord said, "You are continuing in the flow of My Spirit, but the path ahead of you is still shrouded in mystery. You cannot see far enough ahead to see where you are going. However, you can trust Me to move you into your perfect destiny. Stay the course." Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.

You've taken a pretty big hit as the enemy has done his best to take you down. But, that is not the end of the story. Your faith has prevailed, and truth has overcome lies. Let your heart be strengthened in victory over the devil's plans. You will continue to overcome as long as you keep the faith and eternal perspective, says the Lord. Press through! Isaiah 42:13 The LORD shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.

You live in precarious times, and it is more important than ever that you live in the Spirit. Be alert and aware of the schemes of the enemy. I am your refuge and place of safety at all times. Trust Me to expose the danger around you and to keep you from harm, says the Lord. Psalm 91:9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling.

Get focused and stay focused. Refuse to allow anyone or anything to distract you from the importance of what you have been given to do. Chaos abounds as mental and emotional whirlwinds rage around you. But, you must establish yourself in the peace that surpasses understanding, says the Lord. Be strong and calm. Hosea 8:7 "They sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no bud; it shall never produce meal. If it should produce, aliens would swallow it up."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
You have heard My word, and it has declared your potential and established the possibilities of that which I am bringing you into. My word will be performed in your life as you believe it and as you exercise your right by way of freewill to have victory over all of the works of the enemy. I declare that you are able to rise up in Spirit and defeat whatever has established itself against you. Remove from yourself every hindrance and be free. Receive healing and be well. Again, I say let every enemy that has established himself against you be rebuked and thus removed, says the Lord.

Come, My children, watch and see, for great things are about to happen within the confines of your life. For, those things that are yet unexpected will take place. I will visit you. I will prepare you for that which is ahead. I have come to you in times past to prepare the way, to outline the way and to show the way. So, I tell you that as you enter into this time of restoration I shall indeed lead you through the process that is required. I will bring you higher so that you can see more clearly than you have before. And, in the process of the restoration of our fellowship and your commitment to Me and to the Kingdom, you will become greater and stronger than ever. And, out of the flow of that commitment you and I, My beloved, will walk together, and I will reveal to you those things that are hidden and those things that concern you in these days. Come into the fullness of that which I am doing, says the Most Holy.

I've seen the lightning flashing, I've heard the thunder roll
I've felt sin's breakers dashing, trying to conquer my soul
I've heard the voice of Jesus telling me to fight on
He promised never to leave me, no, never alone
Never alone, never alone, oh, never
Never alone, never alone
He'll never leave you alone
The world's fierce winds are blowing, temptations sharp and keen
I felt a peace in knowing my Savior stands between
He stands to shield me from danger when earthly friends are gone
He promised never to leave me, no, never alone
Never alone, never alone, oh, never
Never alone, never alone
When in affliction's valley, I'm treading the road with care
My Savior helps me to carry a cross too heavy to bear
My feet entangled with briers, ready to cast me down
When in affliction's valley, I'm treading the road with care
My Savior helps me to carry a cross too heavy to bear
My feet entangled with briers, ready to cast me down
Never, never, never
Never, never, never
Never, never, never
Oh … He'll never leave you alone
-- Anthony Evans

On this the day when we express
Undying love and faithfulness,
Let's not forget that God above
Gave us His Son in perfect love.

BECAUSE Author Unknown
Because He finished His Father's work,
. . . your life has worth.
Because He was forsaken,
. . . you will never be alone.
Because He was buried,
. . . you can be raised.
Because He lives,
. . . you don't have to be afraid.
Because He was raised,
. . . you can be strong.
Because He reached down to you,
. . . you don't have to work your way up to Him.
Because His promises are always true,
. . . you can have Hope!

“Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust in him and he will help you” (Psalm 37:3-5, NLT).

Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD! - Psalm 27:14

We are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. - Ephesians 2:10

Paul wrote, “To me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” - Philippians 1:21

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Hebrew 13:5-6

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrew 13:8

The LORD watches over you — the LORD is your shade at your right hand. - Psalm 121:5

The 7-Ups of Life Author Unknown
1. Wake Up - Decide to have a good day. "Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice & be glad in it." Psalms 118:24
2. Dress Up - The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart." I Sam 16:7
3. Shut Up - Say loving things & learn to listen. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3 "Gossip betrays confidence, avoid men who talk too much." Proverbs 20:19 "Listen to advice, accept instruction and in the end, you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20
4. Stand Up - For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..." Galatians 6:9-10
5. Look Up - To the Lord. "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up - For something higher. "...press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14
7. Lift Up - Your Prayers. "Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything." Philippians 4:6

Glorious Day
Good morning my Lord, I can’t believe it’s morning again! It seems that I’m always busy and rushing around. But no matter how rushed life may be, help me to think of You always. Thank you for another glorious day, may Your word be always on my lips in my heart and on my mind. I love you my Lord, Saviour and friend. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 55
1 Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication. 2 Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise; 3 Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me. 4 My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. 5 Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. 6 And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. 7 Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah. 8 I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest. 9 Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city. 10 Day and night they go about it upon the walls thereof: mischief also and sorrow are in the midst of it. 11 Wickedness is in the midst thereof: deceit and guile depart not from her streets. 12 For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him: 13 But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. 14 We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company. 15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them. 16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. 17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. 18 He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me. 19 God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God. 20 He hath put forth his hands against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his covenant. 21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. 22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. 23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.

Loving God, strengthen us to press forward in faith, knowing that you are showing us open doors of opportunity. Lead, guide, and direct us by your Spirit. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply