Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 11

The best gift we can give is the knowledge and love of Christ. And when we give in Christ’s name, God can use what we do today to bless others for years to come.

We shouldn’t restrict our pursuit of God to a few hours on Sunday or a few fleeting minutes in daily prayer but all through our day, everywhere we are. We should constantly seek God. And when we search with all our heart, we will find God.

God holds us responsible to take care of each one of his children. When I treat any child carelessly, I am treating Christ carelessly. When I treat each child as a beloved child of God, I am honoring Christ.

God sends people into our lives to bless us and to strengthen us. When we listen for God’s voice speaking through them, we can grow into the children of God we were meant to be.

When we are sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit that dwells in us and are willing to be used by God, we can respond positively and with love to those around us. Our help need not be a big gesture or gift of something material. A warm smile, a comforting touch, a hug, or an encouraging word can meet a person’s immediate need by strengthening his or her will to persevere. Today I will be willing and ready to be used by God to help others.

"Unconditionally He loves us. Unconditionally He gave His very life for us. Unconditionally and forever, we can have the peace and assurance that no matter who we are, where we've come from, or how badly we may have mistreated others or ourselves, there is hope." "In Jesus, there is always hope."

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

It's Better Together by Richard Frith
Mark 6:7 – And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over unclean spirits. (ESV)
I was once asked to take a leadership position in the housing co-operative where I live. I was worried that it would be too much for me. A friend offered to share the job. Having someone to talk things over with and to share the work took away all the stress.
Isn't it interesting how the difficult journeys in life become easier when we have someone to go with us? It's easier to complete a challenging task when there is someone working with us. A scary visit to the hospital for a test is easier when there is someone to hold our hand. I think that's why Jesus sent the disciples out two by two, not all alone. They went with a companion.
So when we are asked to take on a heavy responsibility, either at work or in the church, why not look around for someone to share the load? It's also good to keep an eye open for a friend who needs a hand with a task, or needs someone to walk with them when they are facing a challenge in life.
Of course, in those times when there is no other person to go with us, we always have a friend and companion in our Lord and Saviour Jesus.
Prayer: Dear Lord, help us to be ready to help others, and to be a companion when their journeys are hard. Please bring people into our lives when we need a helping hand. Thank You for being a loving companion throughout our lives. Amen.

IT'S ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE Author Unknown
I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or... I can be thankful the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or... I can be glad my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or... I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or... I can feel grateful they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or... I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or... I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or... I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can complain because I have to go to school or... I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or... I can feel honored because God has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.
I get to play a big part into what kind of day I will have!

AVAILABILITY
A man saw a job ad posted on a construction site, "Handy man wanted; apply within", so he went in to speak with the foreman.
"Can you drive a Bobcat?" the foreman asks. "No."
"Can you plaster?" "No."
"Have you ever done any carpentry?" "No."
"If you don't mind me asking," says the foreman, "what's so handy about you?"
"Well, I only live about five minutes down the road..."
It has been said that "The greatest ability is availability." It is certainly true that some of the greatest members of the kingdom of God are not those with the most talents and abilities. Rather, they are people who have made themselves available. They are always there when you need them, always willing to see the need and respond.
No matter what skills you may have, you can’t be helpful to someone else unless you are available. You can’t help a friend who is hurting unless you are available. You can't lend a listening ear unless you are available. You can't show the love of Christ to those who are in need unless you are available. One things I have learned through the years -- what people remember most about people that they love is that they were there for them when they needed them. Availability.
I am reminded of Isaiah who felt very unworthy to the task to which God had called him, but he said, "Here am I! Send me." (Isaiah 6:8). Wherever you need me to go, whatever you need me to do, I'm here and I'm available.
May that be our daily attitude toward God, and toward those around us -- "Here am I! I'm available." Have a great day! Alan Smith

Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 NCV
A construction crew building a new road was about to cut down a tree. The superintendent noticed a nest of baby birds. He marked the tree so it would not be cut down. Several weeks later, the superintendent came back to the tree. The fledglings were gone, so he ordered the tree to be cut down. He found the nest and saw that it was lined with a scrap torn from a Sunday school pamphlet. On it were these words: He careth for you. (Bits and Pieces, 11/89)
How high is your anxiety level? Don’t let worry ruin your life. God cares for you. You can trust Him to watch over you. The next time you are up a tree remember to trust Him!
POWER POINT: Worry is the interest of those who borrow trouble. — George Lyons

The Rest Stop
I spend a lot of time traveling for my job. When driving long distances, I have found that the rest stops optimize my time, because I can do what I need to do and be quickly back on my way.
On one particular day recently though, that was not exactly the case. It was a morning that I will never forget.
The rest area was perfect, easy on and off the freeway, with restrooms very close to parking and the coffee machine was right by the restroom.
When I went into the restroom, I noticed an older woman washing up over the sink basin, she seemed to be struggling just a bit. I said nothing, just tried to mind my business. She began to walk out of the restroom just as I was washing my hands. She appeared to be somewhat distressed while walking and I saw that both of her lower limbs were swollen, mottled and a deep purple color.
Still I tried to mind my business; however, as I watched her struggle toward her vehicle, I felt an overwhelming compassion come over me. I began to pray for her as I watched her struggle.
Tears were welling up within me and I felt as if God was telling me that he deeply loved her. I also felt I was supposed to let her know that; but still, I tried to mind my business.
I returned to my vehicle and proceeded back toward the freeway. I then knew that as I was so busy minding my own business; I was forgetting God's business. We are called to be His vessels, not self serving vessels; called to share His love in everything we do.
It was about a mile down the freeway before I found an exit to turn back around. I prayed to God that he would give me another chance. I prayed that if it was His will for me to speak to that woman; that she would still be there when I returned; that He would give me the words to say to her.
When I arrived; the woman was still there. She was sitting in the passenger seat of her van with the door propped open. As I approached the vehicle I was somewhat nervous, but I knew that God would guide my steps.
I startled her a bit when I walked up and placed my hand on her shoulder. I introduced myself and told her that I believed that God had wanted me to give her a message.
He wanted me to tell her that He loved her very much and if she would just turn to Him that He would carry her burden.
As I looked into her eyes, they were filled with tears. She kept saying "Thank you, Thank you".
I then told her that though I did not know if she was ill, that God wanted her to trust Him to restore her health.
I then asked her to pardon the intrusion, but that I felt so strongly that I was supposed to deliver this message that I had to return after leaving the rest area. She said that she had seen me leave earlier so she knew that I had returned.
As I turned to leave she reached out with both hands to grab mine; like a baby grabbing for his mother, and she said with tear filled eyes....THANK YOU.
I said "No, thank God, that He's a God of second chances."
This was a simple moment, a minor distraction in my schedule; but, oh, how I was blessed. My reluctant obedience; my disobedience, was used for God's glory. First of all, because I had left, then returned, I think that woman believed what I told her.
And secondly, it taught me that even in the sinful nature in me, God can work things for His glory. His will will be done. I'm just thankful I didn't miss out on being His vessel this time. --Lezlie Russo

Tangled Hair
Beth was sitting at an airport terminal waiting to board a plane. She was sitting there with several other people whom she did not know who were also waiting.
As she waited, she pulled out her Bible and started to read. All of a sudden, she felt as if the people sitting there around her were looking at her. She looked up but realized that they were looking just over her head, in the direction right behind her.
She turned to see what everyone was looking at and when she did, she saw a flight attendant pushing a wheelchair with the
ugliest old man sitting in it. It was the ugliest man she ever saw. He had this long white hair that was all tangled and such a mess. His face was really wrinkled, and he didn't look friendly at all.
She didn't know why, but she felt drawn to the man and thought at first that God wanted her to witness to him. In her mind she
said she was thinking, "Oh God, please not now, not here."
No matter what she did, she couldn't get the man off her mind, and all of a sudden she knew what God wanted her to do. She was
supposed to brush this man's hair.
She went and knelt down in front of the old man and said, "Sir may I have the honor of brushing your hair for you?" He said
"What?" She thought , "Oh great, he's hard of hearing." Again, a little louder she said, "Sir, May I have the honor of brushing your hair for you?" He answered, "If you are going to talk to me, you are going to have to speak up; I am practically deaf."
So this time, she was almost yelling, "Sir, May I please have the honor of brushing your hair for you?" Everyone was watching
to see what his response would be.
The old man just looked at her confused and said, "Well, I guess if you really want too." She said, "I don't even have a brush, but I thought I would ask anyway." He said, "Look in the bag hanging on the back of my chair, there is a brush in there." So she got the brush out and started brushing his hair. (She has a little girl with long hair, so she has lots of practice getting tangles out and knew how to be gentle with him.) She worked for a long time, until every last tangle was out.
Just as she was finishing up, she heard the old man crying. She went and put her hands on his knees, kneeling in front of him again looking directly into his eyes and said, "Sir, do you know Jesus?" He answered, "Yes, of course I know Jesus. You see, my bride told me she couldn't marry me unless I knew Jesus, so I learned all about Jesus, and asked Him to come into my heart many years ago, before I married my bride."
He continued, "You know, I am on my way home to go and see my wife. I have been in the hospital for a long time and had to have a special surgery in this town far from my home. My wife couldn't come with me because she is so frail herself. He said, "I was so worried about how terrible my hair looked, and I didn't want her to see me looking so awful, but I couldn't brush my hair all by myself."
Tears were rolling down his cheeks as he thanked Beth for brushing his hair. He thanked her over and over again. She was crying, people all around witnessing this were crying, and as they were all boarding the plane, the flight attendant who was also crying, stopped her and asked, "Why did you do that?" And right there was the opportunity, the door that had been opened to share with someone else the love of God.
"We don't always understand God's ways, but be ready, He may use us to meet the need of someone else like He met the need of
this old man, and in a moment, also calling out to a lost soul who needed to know His love." --Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Many of you, My people, are at a point when you must re-evaluate who and where you are along with your attitudes and motivations. This is a time when you can get back on track with what is important spiritually instead of only pleasing yourself. Take advantage of this opportunity to rededicate your heart to Me, and set yourself apart to live in the Spirit, says the Lord. This is a new day! 1 Chronicles 29:5 "Who then is willing to consecrate himself this day to the LORD?"

In a vision I saw a blind man making his way along a fence. He was told that the fence would lead him to his destination, but he did not know if it extended beyond his destination. He had to stop often to get his bearings from what he could hear or feel. He knew if he stayed close to the fence he would arrive safely. And, I heard the Lord say, "I will lead you to your destination, but you must be aware of My presence and leading." Psalms 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

The changes that take place at this time will require all of the concentration that you can muster. You must be focused and deliberately walk and live in My Spirit, says the Lord. Your nature must become My nature if we are to become One. You cannot walk in the Spirit and still try to gain access from outside of yourself. I am in you! Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

I will bless those who have hearts to bless others. I honor and reward generosity, says the Lord. Look to see where you can sow seeds of kindness, and do not overlook opportunities to help where it is needed, says the Lord. As My nature develops in you, My desire to give will flow through you, and your harvest will be plentiful. Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
The Lord of Glory would say to you today, “I am the light and the revelation of the times and the seasons. And these seasons and these times change for your benefit. I am advising you to get up from whatever position you have seated yourself in and go with Me on this great journey that will create a new dimension of excitement in your life. And, the blessings that will flow out of it will indeed cause you to know that I am the Lord of all things. I am the Lord of your provision, your healing and of your relationship with Me. You and I will become one in this time."

HIS AMAZING LIGHT by Deborah Ann Belka
Lord, give me a joyful heart,
a spirit that is bright
let me look at everything
through Your amazing light.
Let me see the sunshine,
even when there’s rain
let me see the blue skies
even through, my pain.
Let me be grateful,
whatever comes my way
let me be appreciative
every minute of the day.
Let me see the sunbeams,
even when it’s gray
let me see the sunlight
even on a cloudy day.
Lord, let me see everything,
in Your amazing light
let me see rays of hope
be it day or night!
Psalm 89:15 “Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.”

I Threw A Fit by Claytia Doran
Lord, I threw a fit, today.
You see, I didn't get my way.
I expected too much of others.
I didn't take time to pray.
I tried to do things my way,
Instead of doing them for you.
I ranted and raved and carried on.
I threw a pity party or two.
Lord, I threw a fit, today.
My frustration took first place.
I carried on, with an attitude.
I was ahead, running the rat race.
Then, you smiled and touched my heart,
And I saw the footprints in the sand.
I suddenly felt so ashamed,
As I reached over and took your hand.
I slowed my pace, beside you,
And I felt the glory of your way.
Lord, can you ever forgive me
For the fit I threw, today?

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26

So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Romans 10:17

17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:17

26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:26-27

My son, attend to my words. Turn your ear to my sayings. Let them not depart from your eyes. Keep them in the midst of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, And health to their whole body. - Proverbs 4:20-22

1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways. 2 You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Psalm 128:1-2

12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

In Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith. - Galatians 3:26

The Lighthouse Still Stands by Sally I. Kennedy
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
A few years ago the Florida Keys were devastated by a severe hurricane. It was shocking and terrible to see large trees snapped like matchsticks. Homes were floating in flood waters. Roofs were blown off leaving some semblance of shells of houses. Electricity was unavailable for days and, in some areas, weeks.
One thing was still standing intact: the lighthouse. The road to it and the surrounding area was trashed from the storm, but the lighthouse itself was ok.
In life in general, we have times when there are storms. Some not so bad, and others catastrophic. We need a lighthouse that still stands for us. We need the safe place of a harbor, and a Harbormaster watching out for us.
In the midst of tragedy, God is still on His throne, and He is about the business of putting things together for our good, even then. There's a worship song that says it this way: You're my Savior, Restorer, Rebuilder, Rewarder, My Refuge, Redeemer, Defender, My Healer, Savior * God, our lighthouse, still stands. He is our refuge in all times.
This is good news, most especially when storms hit.

Today,
For what I am that I ought not to be, Forgive me.
For what I am not that I ought to be, Forgive me.
Be with my mouth in what it speaks
Be with my hands in what they do
Be with my mind in what it thinks
Be with my heart in what it feels
Work in me
...through me
...for me
...in spite of me
In the precious name of Jesus, Amen

Read Through The Bible
Job 21
1 But Job answered and said, 2 Hear diligently my speech, and let this be your consolations. 3 Suffer me that I may speak; and after that I have spoken, mock on. 4 As for me, is my complaint to man? and if it were so, why should not my spirit be troubled? 5 Mark me, and be astonished, and lay your hand upon your mouth. 6 Even when I remember I am afraid, and trembling taketh hold on my flesh. 7 Wherefore do the wicked live, become old, yea, are mighty in power? 8 Their seed is established in their sight with them, and their offspring before their eyes. 9 Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them. 10 Their bull gendereth, and faileth not; their cow calveth, and casteth not her calf. 11 They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children dance. 12 They take the timbrel and harp, and rejoice at the sound of the organ. 13 They spend their days in wealth, and in a moment go down to the grave. 14 Therefore they say unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. 15 What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? and what profit should we have, if we pray unto him? 16 Lo, their good is not in their hand: the counsel of the wicked is far from me. 17 How oft is the candle of the wicked put out! and how oft cometh their destruction upon them! God distributeth sorrows in his anger. 18 They are as stubble before the wind, and as chaff that the storm carrieth away. 19 God layeth up his iniquity for his children: he rewardeth him, and he shall know it. 20 His eyes shall see his destruction, and he shall drink of the wrath of the Almighty. 21 For what pleasure hath he in his house after him, when the number of his months is cut off in the midst? 22 Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing he judgeth those that are high. 23 One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet. 24 His breasts are full of milk, and his bones are moistened with marrow. 25 And another dieth in the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth with pleasure. 26 They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them. 27 Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me. 28 For ye say, Where is the house of the prince? and where are the dwelling places of the wicked? 29 Have ye not asked them that go by the way? and do ye not know their tokens, 30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath. 31 Who shall declare his way to his face? and who shall repay him what he hath done? 32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb. 33 The clods of the valley shall be sweet unto him, and every man shall draw after him, as there are innumerable before him. 34 How then comfort ye me in vain, seeing in your answers there remaineth falsehood?

O God, we thank you for Jesus, your ultimate gift to us. We ask that you help us to be gracious to others in his name. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply