Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Depend on God’s Wisdom, Not Yours

Depend on God’s Wisdom, Not Yours By Rick Warren

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil.” (Proverbs 3:5-7 NLT, second edition)

Have you ever had a feeling that something was so very, very right, and then when you did it, it ended up being so very, very wrong?

Feelings lie. They lie to you all the time! There’s an old country song that says, “How can it be wrong when it feels so right?” Are you kidding me? There are a lot of things that are wrong that feel so right at the moment.

After six months in a relationship, you wonder, “What was I thinking?” Just a few months into a job, you think, “How in the world did I get messed up in this?” A quick decision that seemed harmless at the time leaves you broken and scarred years later.

If you want to have fewer dead ends and failures in your life, you need to hear what the Bible says in Proverbs 3:5-7: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil” (NLT, second edition).

If you really want God’s blessing on your life, you have to depend on God’s wisdom and not what your feelings say or what your gut says. Trust in the Lord and not on your own understanding.

So, how do you get God’s wisdom?

You pray. You talk to God, and you let him talk to you by reading the Bible. That’s how you get God’s wisdom.

The Bible says in James 1:5, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you” (NIV).

God doesn’t want you to make dumb mistakes. He doesn’t want you to hit dead ends or go through failure after failure in your life. God wants you to succeed. He wants you to make wise decisions with your time and your money and your relationships.

It’s not like you’re waiting on him for his help. He’s waiting on you! God’s says, “Hey! I’m here. I’ll give you wisdom, and I’ll give it generously. I’m not grudging about it. I want to make you wise. You’ve just got to ask.”

If you want to be blessed, you’ve got to get God’s wisdom. If you want God’s wisdom, then you’ve got to get in God’s Word.

PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>

Talk It Over

Think of a time in your life when you depended on your feelings to make a big decision. What was the result?
How does God speak to you? How do you know it’s his voice speaking to you?
Why do you think it’s so important to spend time with God every day if you want to know his will for your life?
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply