Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2023, 11:03 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 4

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

Nothing is more awesome than to know God.

God's love still stands when all else has fallen.

God expects but one thing of you, and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made and let God be God in you. --Meister Eckhart

Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God. --Mark Batterson

Let God love you through others and let God love others through you. --D. M. Street

God's work is not limited by the age of His workers.

If we are lying awake at night worrying about circumstances we can't change, we need to ask God to get involved, then go to sleep.

Seeking direction? Pray.

Drink Plenty of Water
I've heard it. I've read it. As long as I have been running, it's always been the same message: "drink plenty of water."
All along most race courses are water stations, and most runners slow down to drink a cup of cool water. Keeping your water level up is critical when you run. If you get slightly dehydrated, you will not run well. If you get moderately dehydrated, you will become disoriented. If you get seriously dehydrated, you can die. It's serious business.
The first year I ran a marathon was 1971, and I was inexperienced (also younger, slimmer, stupider, etc.). I passed water stop after water stop, occasionally drinking a swallow or two. I felt good, and I wasn't going to waste precious seconds drinking water, even though it was a hot, humid day.
Big mistake. As I neared the final mile, I "hit the wall." My energy level dropped to zero, I began having to walk some, and I realized I would have to work hard just to finish. I did make it across the line, but only with a tremendous headache and hardly enough energy to walk. It was not much fun.
I learned an important lesson that year. Stopping for water doesn't actually slow you down. In fact, you will run a better race if you do drink water. The bottom line is that your body is simply not designed to function without
water.
In the same way, your spiritual stamina depends on stopping for regular drinks of "spiritual water." The dilemma for busy believers is finding time to invest in reading the Word and meeting with God in prayer. Like the runner intent on reaching the finish line, we tend to put off those regular drinks of water until we are totally parched.
In this year's race, I saw a man become dehydrated just a mile from the finish. Strangely, he didn't seem to recognize that anything was wrong. He was swaying from side to side as he walked, mumbling over and over, "I'm fine. I'm fine." He was so disoriented that he didn't even recognize his own sick condition.
If you let yourself become spiritually dehydrated, you may not even be able to recognize it. Stop today to drink some cool "living water." For serious runners, it's a must.
--David Langerfeld

Eliminate everything unnecessary in your life in order to put first things first.
1 John 5:21 says, Dear children, keep yourselves from idols. The Amplified Bible elaborates on this: Little children, keep yourselves from idols (false gods)--[from anything and everything that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from any sort of substitute for Him that would take first place in your life]. (AMP)
It is imperative that you prevent any sort of substitute from becoming first place in your life. Fill your life with the true, living God, not a phony substitute.
You can tell what is important to you simply by examining how you spend your time. If you are spending so much time trying to make money that you don't spend any quality time with God, then wealth is more important to you than God. Likewise, if you are always spending time with friends and don't have any time to spend with God, then your social life is more important to you than God.
How you use your time is so important, because you can either invest it or waste it. However, if you waste your time, you'll never get it back. On the other hand, if you invest your time into forming a deep, close, personal relationship with God, then you will reap the rewards of such an investment for the rest of eternity.
Decide to put God first in your life: spend significant, quality, personal time with Him. Put the first, most important thing (God) first place in your life.
You can spend your time, waste your time, or invest your time. It's your choice.
We all have exactly 24 hours in one day. No more; no less. You will use that time on what you consider to be important.
No one else is forcing you to do anything. You only commit to things because you choose to; so, your schedule reveals your priorities. Examine your schedule, and you might be surprised when you discover what your priorities turn out to be.
Instead of scheduling your priorities around your life, you ought to schedule your life around your priorities.
What should those priorities be? In Matthew 6:33, Jesus says, "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Of the Ten Commandments, the very first commandment God gave was: "You shall have no other gods before me." The Bible is clear: God should be our number one -- most important -- priority.
In John 15:1-4, Jesus talks about pruning off things that produce no fruit. That is, he tells us to cut off anything that does not have meaningful, eternal value, which means that we are to get rid of anything that doesn't further our relationship with God. Clearly, God doesn't want to be number ten on a list of top ten priorities. In fact, God really doesn't even want to be number one on a list of ten; God wants to be number one on a list of one!
You could spend or waste your time doing meaningless things; or you could invest your time in order to achieve maximum eternal impact.
When you seek God as the only thing you need, he will take care of everything else (see Matthew 6:33). In Luke 10:38-42, we learn the story of Mary and Martha. As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." That's what it means to seek the only meaningful, eternal thing -- God.
Therefore, prune your life. List practical ways that you can cut out the junk in your life in order to focus on knowing God better, seeking him and knowing his word and his truth. That's the only thing needed -- that's how you invest your time wisely. --Weekly Wisdom

LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR WEAKNESS
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind ….'” (Luke 10:27 NIV)
No doubt it sounds strange, but in order to love God with all your strength, you have to admit that you are weak and that your strength is limited.
By doing this, you acknowledge God as the true source of your strength, and that in your weakness, he is strong. You become strong as you become totally dependent upon him, allowing his strength to work through you.
As you allow God to show his strength, you will find yourself doing things you never thought possible. God promises you can do all things through the Father as he gives you his strength (Phil. 4:13). You’ll take steps of faith you never thought possible, and you’ll love others in a way you never imagined as God supplies you with supernatural strength and energy.
God is strong and he wants you strong. He will change you in places where you cannot change yourself, and he will transform the broken places of your life in order to use them for his own glory.
God doesn’t ask you to take steps of faith alone; he is with you in every step, filling you with a grace-charged strength. God only asks you to take one step of faith at a time. --Jon Walker

Gift or Garbage
"Do you intend to wear that to school?" Mom's familiar question made Tammy sigh as she came into the kitchen. She said nothing, but sat down and poured herself some cereal, hoping the question would go away. "I want you to change," added Mom.
If Mom had her way, Tammy thought, I'd be dressed like an old lady! Aloud, she said, "I could wear the T-shirt Brenda gave me-the one that says . . ."
"No," her mother interrupted, "that's even worse."
"I thought what's on the inside of a person is supposed to be what counts," muttered Tammy as she went to change. When she returned, she looked around the kitchen. "I'm going to Darcy's birthday party right after school, remember?" she said. "Did someone move the present I got her? I wrapped it before I went to bed last night."
"You got her a pearl necklace, right?" asked Mom.
Tammy nodded. "Yes, and I put it in a box, and then, for a joke, I wrapped it in newspaper and tied it with string. I left it right here by the sink."
"Wrapped in newspaper!" gasped Mom. "I thought it was garbage, and I put it out with the rest of the trash. The garbage man comes today."
Tammy ran for the street and began lifting the lid on first one garbage can, then another. In the distance, she could hear the whine of the approaching garbage truck. At last she found the package and ran back into the house, her hands and shirt soiled with smelly garbage.
"I'm glad you found it," said Mom. "I didn't mean to throw your package out, but the way it was wrapped sent the message that what was inside could not be very valuable."
Tammy nodded. "I see what you mean," she admitted. "I should have put it someplace else or wrapped it differently."
"Now you better go wash up and change your clothes again," said Mom. "And when you change, make sure your 'wrappings' don't give a false message, either. God says you're valuable. He can see inside of you, but nobody else can. Be sure to dress like there's something worthwhile inside."
MEMORY VERSE: Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22
HOW ABOUT YOU? What does your appearance say? Would Jesus approve of the clothes you wear? Both boys and girls need to be very careful about how they look. It's not necessarily wrong to wear what is popular and in fashion, but be sure your clothes don't mark you as someone who ignores God's standards-as a person who belongs to the world.
THE KEY: Clothes send a message --Keys for Kids Daily Devotional

The Valley of Dry Bones
The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. (Ezekiel 37:1-2)
That describes what so many of us have been through over the years. We have been put in a valley of troubles, a valley of dry bones and God has made us pass by every one of them.
Again, the Word from the Lord today is ‘little by little.’
And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" So I answered, "O Lord God, You know." Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear
the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 37:3-6)
God did not need for Ezekiel to speak for Him nor did He need Ezekiel to prophesy to the bones in order for them to regain life. But God is saying to all of us that He has a time and a
season of restoring all things and just as it was Ezekiel’s time to witness the restoration of these bones which depicted Israel, so it is God’s time for us to witness the restoration of the
Latter-Day saints, (us). Also, the Lord did not instantly, within a moment, completely restore these bones. It was done layer upon layer and the breath of God was put into them last before they were complete. We have already entered a season of restoration and rebuilding. It will not happen in a moment’s time. Most of us have already been broken and laid bare. We are being rebuilt and restored. What was dead and dying, God will bring to life. Even for those who have not been walking in the Spirit and have been backslidden, God will restore and put within them a new heart. This is a time of restoration and rebuilding.
Don’t doubt your prayers and listen and see with your spiritual ears and eyes. Day after day, little by little you will witness the miracles of God.
“…whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.” (Acts 3:21) --Cheryl Taul

DO NOT FEAR
But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:27 NIV Many times in the Bible, God tells us not to be afraid for He is with us. God knows we tend to be fearful especially in times of uncertainty and change. Yet God's Word also tells us that God is the only thing in the world that is certain and unchanging.
Why do we sometimes seem to have more faith in our fears than in God? There is no doubt that life can be very complex and full of trials but we really need to make a choice. We need to decide whether fears or God will give us peace.
God's Word is very clear that our abilities, our resources, or even our good fortune will not be what gives us peace of mind or strength for the journey. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NIV)
What are the circumstances we fear? Our illness? Our financial situation? Our lack of control? Are the things we fear bigger than our loving, all-powerful God?
Friends, we must believe Our Father who has assured us He will always be with us, will always provide for us and always take care of us. Our God is bigger than any fear we will ever face.
Our God whispers, in that still small voice, that he wants us to develop confidence in Him and not in what we see or feel. He keeps the curtain drawn so we will learn to live by faith and not by sight, so we will become certain of what we hope for and sure of God, even when we can not see how he is at work in our current circumstances. (Hebrews 11:1 NIV)
--Author Unknown

Three Big Temptations in Life
Luke 4: 1-14
I think that we all understand what temptation is. There is a story told about a little boy in a grocery store that I think illustrates the nature of temptation. The boy was standing near an open box of peanut butter cookies. “Now then, young man,” said the grocer as he approached the young man. “What are you up to?” “Nothing,” replied the boy: “Nothing.” “Well it looks to me like you were trying to take a cookie.” “You’re wrong, mister, I’m trying not to!” That’s temptation!!
We understand that temptation leads to trouble. Such was the plight of man that I read about in Reader’s digest. This man said he was shopping in the mall with his wife when a shapely young woman in a short, form fitting dress walked by. He said as she walked by his eyes followed her. Without looking up from the item she was examining his wife asked, “Was it worth the trouble that you are in? [Drew Anderson. (Tucson, Arizona) Reader’s Digest] That’s the trouble with temptation.
How many of us have shrugged and said, “The Devil made me do it!” and used that as an excuse when caught doing something we weren’t supposed to? It’s a convenient defense. But there’s one problem: the Devil can’t make us do anything. He may be clever, but he’s not all powerful. It may feel that way, however, when we’re dangling on temptation’s hook, because Satan has a tried-and-true strategy for luring us into his net.
First, he lays out the bait. Satan knows people like a skilled angler knows fish. He notes our habits. He observes our hangouts. Then he prepares a tailor-made lure and drops it right in front of our noses.
Second comes the appeal. He can’t make us bite, but he does know what happens inside us when we catch a glimpse of that tantalizing bait. Our fleshly nature draws us to it. We linger over it. We toy with it. We roll it over in our minds until it consumes our imagination.
Third, the struggle begins. Immediately, our conscience jabs us in the ribs, warning us of the danger. We know it’s wrong to take a bite. We may even see the barbed consequences poking through the bait. But Satan’s invitation looks so delicious. What do we do?
Fourth, the temptation ends with the response. Either we resist or yield; swim away or swallow it whole. Anyone who has resisted knows the feeling of freedom that decision brings. On the other hand, anyone who has yielded knows the feeling of emptiness that follows and the pain of the hook in your cheek.” [Charles Swindoll. The Origin of Something Glorious: Jesus Birth and the Beginning of Ministry - A Study of Luke 1:1-6:49. Bible Study Guide. (Anaheim, California: Insight for Living. 1994). p. 83]
This morning we are going to see Jesus meet and master temptation. In this story we will see three general kinds of temptation that our adversary is still using against us. By way of introduction I want you to see with me when the testing of Jesus came about (vv. 1-2). “Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, (2) being tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry.”
First, Matthew 4 records that this temptation of Jesus came directly after He was baptized. It was here that God the Father spoke and said, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased!” What a spiritual high. You will discover that testing will often come on the heels of a spiritual high point in your life. Secondly, it came at time of physical weakness; Jesus had not eaten in 40 days. Temptations often come when we are a weakened state physically or emotionally, when we are exhausted and emotionally spent. “In a survey on temptation among readers of the “Discipleship Journal”, the respondents noted temptations were more potent when they had neglected their time with God (81 percent) and when they were physically tired (57 percent). Resisting temptation was accomplished by prayer (84 percent), avoiding compromising situations (76 percent), Bible study (66 percent), and being accountable to someone (52 percent.)” [Discipleship Journal, November / December, 1992.]
Third, this temptation came to Jesus when he was alone. We are the most susceptible to temptation when we are alone.
As we begin our study today it is necessary that we understand that these temptations were very much real. C. S. Lewis made these insightful observations about temptation: “No man knows how bad he is until he has tried very hard to be good. A silly idea is current that good people do not know what temptation means. That is an obvious lie. Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is....Christ, because He was the only Man who never yielded to temptation, is also the only Man who knows to the full what temptation means.” [Today in the Word, November, 1998, p. 24] The temptations of Jesus had to be real for the consoling truth of Hebrew 4:15 to be true: “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.” To sympathize with us, Christ had to have fully experienced the Devil’s temptations!
1. THE TEMPTATION TO DO IT YOURSELF (vv. 3-4)
The Devil Speaks (v. 3) “And the devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.”
Don’t be mislead by a false understanding of the Devil’s statement when he says, “If you are the Son of God” - this is not a supposition but an affirmation. It literally means “since you are” or “ in view of the fact that you are the Son of God.” The first temptation would be no temptation at all if Jesus were not indeed the Son of God. The devil is well aware that God exists and I don’t think that he expends a great deal of effort trying to dissuade us from a belief in God. His basic strategy is to make us believe that God can’t be trusted. Satan entered into the Biblical picture at creation in the form of a serpent. He said to Adam and Eve, “Do you really believe that God is good? He has told you not to eat from that one tree because he knows that the moment you do so you will be as wise as He is? He is not your friend. He is holding out on you”(Gen. 3:4?).
The temptation sounds innocent enough, doesn’t it? You could almost sense the innocence in the devil’s presentation of this temptation – “just make these stones into bread” – what’s the big deal? You the Son of God – just do it! There is no law against turning stones into bread. It won’t hurt anything. Jesus had been without food for six weeks! Because he was the Son of God he could invoke his supernatural powers, the temptation was very real. Jesus could have done it in an instant and his hunger was screaming, “Do it.” Satan is suggesting to Jesus that there must be something wrong with the Father’s love since “His beloved son” was hungry. Satan was tempting Jesus to disobey the Father’s will by using his divine power for his own purposes.
John Piper says that sin …"gets its power by persuading me to believe that I will be more happy if I follow it. The power of all temptation is the prospect that it will make me happier." [E. Lutzer, Putting Your Past Behind You, Here’s Life, 1990, p.54.]
Jesus Answers (v. 4) “But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.’”
We often brag that we are “people of the Word.” But are we really? The question is not how much Bible do you know but how much of the Bible that you know are you applying in your life. Jesus lived by the word. The key phrase in each of his answers is, “it is written.” He did not allow the situation or the circumstances or even the enemy to dictate the truth. The answers to all three temptations came right out of Deuteronomy, the story of God’s pilgrim people coming out of bondage.
Jesus in his answer was saying, “ I will not complain. Neither will I take matters into my own hands. I will trust my Father and his word.”
Our temptation is not to turn stones into bread because the impossible does not tempt us. But the compliant behind the temptation is still very strong. The devil’s ploy in this world is to make us believe that if we want something done we need to do it ourselves – not trust in God. We regularly are tempted to go outside the confines of God’s will to satisfy our personal needs or desires. We often promote ourselves because we are sure that God will not do it. We scheme and we plan for our well-being, because we assume that God does not care or maybe does not know about our needs.
2. THE TEMPTATION TO TAKE THE EASY WAY (vv. 5-8)
The Devil Speaks (vv.5-7 ) “Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. (6) And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. (7) Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”
The devil was not lying when he promise Jesus, for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish” (v.6). The devil was offering Jesus a kingdom without the cross. Why go to all the trouble and pain to win the world when it can be handed to you on a silver platter. No suffering, No Struggling, No Sacrifice. But a crown without the cross would mean that there would be no forgiveness for our sins.
Jesus Answers (v. 8) “And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”
We do not have to look for to see the application for today. Our world teaches us to avoid pain, to take the easy way, the path of least resistance. Avoid sacrifice. Why give all that money to the church when you can spend it on a new fishing boat. Why spend the rest of your life with the same mate? Go out and find yourself someone new – after all you only live once. You deserve to be happy. What is the result? We are living in a country with children whose lives are being destroyed because of their parent’s selfishness.
3. THE TEMPTATION TO NOT BELIEVE IT UNTIL YOU SEE IT (vv. 9-13)
The Devil Speaks (vv.9-11 ) The devil took Jesus to the point of the temple roof that overlooked the Kidron Valley, about a 450 ft. drop. Whether he took him there physically or in a vision we do not know. But once there he made Jesus very tempting offer.
Having seen Jesus defeat him two times by quoting Scripture, Satan now quotes it himself, for his own purposes (vv. 9-11). “Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. (10) For it is written:‘He shall give His angels charge over you,To keep you,’ (11) and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up,Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”
Satan misquotes the promise of God, it was right as far as it went, but he did not quote it all. For Jesus to have supernaturally survived a fall from the pinnacle of the temple in the full view of the people would have immediately identified Him as the Messiah. But it would have insisted that God “show” that you love me and is a test of God. This would be the equivalent of saying to God –“I won’t believe in you until I see you SHOW it to me by MY terms.”
Jesus Answers (vv. 12-13) “And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the LORD your God.’”
But Jesus understood to start His ministry by dramatically jumping from the pinnacle of the Temple would be completely contrary to the will of God. To do so would be to test God. Jesus refused to take this shortcut.
There are many subtle ways that we can put God to the test. We may not jump from the top of the church – but we do it in other ways. We do it when we not put the worship of God and attendance at church as a priority – and yet we expect God to keep our children on the right path – that is putting God to the test. We do it when we dive into a path of our own choosing and then cry out to God to bail us out. We do it when we test the boundaries of known sin. God says, “Here is the line,” and see how close we can get to that line. Then we are surprised when we fall. Then we blame God. But it happened because we tested God.
The one thing common to all three temptations is that they attempted to distract Jesus from his mission or destroy his relationship with His heavenly Father.
Don’t miss the truth given in verse thirteen, “ Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.” This verse says that “when the devil had ended every temptation” – the temptation was “ended” when he carried to completion and every avenue of attack was employed. When it says that the Devil “departed from Him” the Greek is much more blunt it says he “stood off.” This battle was over but he had not given up. Margaret Thatcher, the first woman prime minister of England stated, “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” This verse reveals that the Devil will always be lurking in the shadows, watching, waiting for the next vulnerable moment.
When you are weak – expect a major assault
When you resist – be ready for a different approach
When he leaves – count on another attack.
Conclusion - When Martin Luther was asked how he overcame the devil, he replied, “Well, when he comes knocking at the door of my heart, and asks ‘Who lives here?’ the dear Lord Jesus goes to the door and says, “Martin Luther used to live here, but he has moved out. Now I live here.” When Christ fills our lives Satan has no entrance.
There are Two Lies Satan Wants Us to Believe
1. Just once won’t hurt.
2. Now that you have ruined your life, you are beyond God’s use, and might as well enjoy sinning. --John Hamby

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Watch for signs of an attack from the enemy that will cause you to experience frustration and irritation. Refuse to allow these emotions to rule. Make the decision and carry out the choice to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit (Galations 5:22-23) in making every moment holy and pristine. Recognize that this intrusion from the devil is for the purpose of separating you from Me, says the Lord, for you cannot maintain fellowship with Me when you take a position that is against My word and My nature.
1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons.

Now is a time when you can yield to My Spirit and develop greater discernment, insight and vision. Make the most of the opportunities that present themselves to gain understanding and revelation of My work in your life to bring you to a higher level of spiritual maturity. These opportunities will reveal places where fear and insecurity have kept you from the liberty of knowing who you are in Me, says the Lord.
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Beloved, listen and learn. What you deem as failure is not necessarily so. Failure is not measured by success or achievement but is measured in My kingdom by obedience. The only way you can fail is to be willfully disobedient to My word and directives. And, you must always be mindful that the enemy will use those times when it does not seem that you have measured up as an opportunity to dump you down into condemnation, which only results in spiritual bankruptcy. Know that the circumstances you face always give you the choice of obedience or disobedience, says the Lord. Choose wisely!
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Please be advised that I will cause you to make adjustments in your plans for the future that will bring your destiny into clear and precise focus. I am expanding some areas of your calling while diminishing or cutting off other areas. This is a refining process that will redefine your purpose and responsibility in My kingdom, says the Lord. This transition will be a smooth one if you yield quickly to these modifications.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
It has been spoken over you that the blessings of this season are for you. These blessings you may receive simply by believing in that which I have spoken about, which I have confirmed by My word, says the Lord. So, be blessed in this time. Activate your faith. Let the voice of the Lord be heard. Let His signs be received.

A new spiritual habitation is being presented to us, and Jesus is saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things. Things you need to know. Be a watchman. Become like the sons of Issachar who have understanding of the times and seasons.” 1 Chronicles 12:32 of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do...

RAPTURE
Oh, I’m looking for that glorious day
When my Father comes to take me away
When I leave this earth that is corrupted in sin
To the New Jerusalem, to dwell therein.
For that moment when I begin to rise
When tears begin to fill my eyes.
Tears of joy that are shed with love
As I watch my Savior up above.
With no more tears and no more crying
No more pain and no more dying
Together forever we’ll always be
My brothers my sisters my Savior and me.
How about you...Are YOU ready?
--Author Unknown

Praise Him!
you Got It
great and mighty is HE!!
he the one who lives inside of me
great and mighty is HE!!
great great great
mighty mighty
is he
lets sing him praises
talk to him from you heart
tell him
don't do it quietly
shout it in a loud voice
let him know
well he does know
but he wants you to put it to voice
tell him that you love him
tell him boldly
sing it to him
play an instrument
if you don't play use the table or desk as a drum to keep a beat
fill the air with sounds of praise
let him know that he is King of Kings
Lord of lords
the Alfa and Omega
your all and all
he is the healer, comforter, and physician
praise him in all that you do
when things are bad
praise him
when things are good praise him
come on now are you hearing me
all the time praise him
I don't know what your bible says
but MINE SAYS
thank him for all things
and when troubles show up and I feel like
I am at the bottom of the valley
at the lowest point
I remember that I am suppose to thank him
why do I thank him
thank him for what
I am having all this trouble
thank him because
he can turn every evil thing to good
he can turn it around
for his purpose
so thank him
and don't just whisper it
when things were bad you put all that junk out there for
every one to know
murmuring and complaining
telling every one how you were wronged
how unfair it was and how angry you were
every one around you knew it
so now you thank HIM
DO IT SO EVERY ONE CAN HEAR YOU
share you faith
when you can take adversity
and apply biblical principles
add the Faith of a mustard seed
and be Healed!!
then go and explain it to someone else is in need of some
encouragement
you become a MINISTER!!!
hey
come on now
Love & Light
brotherbea

"A Chosen Vessel"
The Master was searching for a vessel to use;
On the shelf there were many - which one would He choose?
Take me, cried the gold one, I'm shiny and bright,
I'm of great value and I do things just right.
My beauty and luster will outshine the rest
And for someone like You, Master, gold would be the best!
The Master passed on with no word at all;
He looked at a silver urn, narrow and tall;
I'll serve You, dear Master, I'll pour out Your wine
And I'll be at Your table whenever You dine,
My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
And my silver will always compliment You.
Unheeding the Master passed on to the brass,
It was wide mouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.
Here! Here! cried the vessel, I know I will do,
Place me on Your table for all men to view.
Look at me, called the goblet of crystal so clear,
My transparency shows my contents so dear,
Though fragile am I, I will serve You with pride,
And I'm sure I'll be happy in Your house to abide.
The Master came next to a vessel of wood,
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.
You may use me, dear Master, the wooden bowl said,
But I'd rather You used me for fruit, not for bread!
Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay.
Empty and broken it helplessly lay.
No hope had the vessel that the Master might choose,
To cleanse and make whole, to fill and to use.
Ah! This is the vessel I've been hoping to find,
I will mend and use it and make it all Mine.
I need not the vessel with pride of its self;
Nor the one who is narrow to sit on the shelf;
Nor the one who is bigmouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor one who displays his contents so proud;
Not the one who thinks he can do all things just right;
But this plain earthy vessel filled with My power and might.
Then gently He lifted the vessel of clay.
Mended and cleansed it and filled it that day.
Spoke to it kindly. There's work you must do,
Just pour out to others as I pour into you.
--Author Unknown

"The Secret"
By Bishop Ralph Cushman
I met God in the morning
When the day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.
All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.
Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brought to me a peace and rest.
Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.
So, I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day!

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Isaiah 40:1

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 2 Peter 1:3-4

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. John 3:16-24

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. Psalm 25:8-9

You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:5-11

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

Thus Saith the Lord; Are you My people? Are you listening and taking to heart all that I tell you? If you are obeying this then you are prepared for all the destruction and disaster coming upon your nation. Yes, beloved, these will be very perilous times for all people but even more so for your nation. If you know My Word then you understand that when I judge a nation the three main weapons I use are the sword , famine, and pestilence. These have already begun in a small way but will suddenly increase in a mighty way. NEVER SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED!
Perilous times are dangerous and insecure times for those in the world, but if you are fully yielded to Me you will be safe in the center of My will. If you are indeed in the center of My will the sword will not fall upon you, nor will you starve, nor will the pestilence reach into your family.
If you are the head of a family it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to be very certain that your family is prepared. ONLY BY BEING VERY CLOSE TO ME AND KNOWING AND UNDERSTANDING MY WORD WILL YOU BE PREPARED. If you are still spending all your spare time on your computer or watching television you will be completely unprepared. Some of you deliberately ignore these warnings FOR YOU LIVE IN FEAR. IF YOU ARE SO AFRAID TO FACE REALITY THEN YOU ARE NOT MY OWN. Many who go to a church building every week believe that is enough. Sadly, that is a large number of those who claim to be MINE and these are completely unprepared. If you know My Word you realize that I said very clearly, “THOSE WHO ENDURE UNTIL THE END WILL BE SAVED“: (Matthew 24:13)
Sometimes a father must pick up a child and state very loudly what he wants them to hear. CONSIDER THIS MY BELOVED, I AM HOLDING YOU CLOSE AND ALMOST SHOUTING THIS WARNING: BE PREPARED, DRAW VERY CLOSE TO ME AND HEAR MY VOICE ABOVE THE DIN OF THE WORLD. It is your enemy who makes the din of the world a very loud place. He constantly endeavors to drown out MY STILL SMALL VOICE. DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO DO THAT! WAKE UP AND BE ALERT AND YOU WILL KNOW THE LOVE OF GOD. NEVER FORGET THAT MY LOVE IS A SHIELD FOR YOU !! --Katie Jordan

Dear Father, to whom our pure devotion is due, When someone seeks to make slaves of us, to prey upon us, to take advantage of us, to put on airs, or to strike us in the face, help us know that such person does not represent you. For your emissaries don't do such things. Help us look to the examples of Paul, Peter, John, Barnabas, and others like them, who submitted themselves as servants. Help us be like them. In the name of Jesus, our greatest example, I pray. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 30
1 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Howl ye, Woe worth the day! 3 For the day is near, even the day of the Lord is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen. 4 And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down. 5 Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword. 6 Thus saith the Lord; They also that uphold Egypt shall fall; and the pride of her power shall come down: from the tower of Syene shall they fall in it by the sword, saith the Lord God. 7 And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are wasted. 8 And they shall know that I am the Lord, when I have set a fire in Egypt, and when all her helpers shall be destroyed. 9 In that day shall messengers go forth from me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid, and great pain shall come upon them, as in the day of Egypt: for, lo, it cometh. 10 Thus saith the Lord God; I will also make the multitude of Egypt to cease by the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon. 11 He and his people with him, the terrible of the nations, shall be brought to destroy the land: and they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain. 12 And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked: and I will make the land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I the Lord have spoken it. 13 Thus saith the Lord God; I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph; and there shall be no more a prince of the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt. 14 And I will make Pathros desolate, and will set fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments in No. 15 And I will pour my fury upon Sin, the strength of Egypt; and I will cut off the multitude of No. 16 And I will set fire in Egypt: Sin shall have great pain, and No shall be rent asunder, and Noph shall have distresses daily. 17 The young men of Aven and of Pibeseth shall fall by the sword: and these cities shall go into captivity. 18 At Tehaphnehes also the day shall be darkened, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt: and the pomp of her strength shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity. 19 Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am the Lord. 20 And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh day of the month, that the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 21 Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, lo, it shall not be bound up to be healed, to put a roller to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword. 22 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong, and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand. 23 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries. 24 And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man. 25 But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt. 26 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Dear God, please help me to always put first things first, honor all my commitments, and never forget to keep the long-term effects of my actions in mind. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen.

Lord, keep me from the sins that can keep me away from Your blessings. --Unknown

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply