Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-01-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - February

February 1

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

John 6:40 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

I John 3:21-24 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and pleading with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Psalm 86:5 “You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”

Galatians 6:2 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2023, 06:10 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

"There is a time for everything...a time to be silent and a time to speak" (Ecclesiastes 3:1,7)

“Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me’” (John 14:6).

Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 121:5 – The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:29 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

Isaiah 40:8 8 The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.

Isaiah 13:18 18 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteous deeds. The upright shall behold His face. Psalms 11:7

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (Romans 8:35-37).

Psalm 34:4 – I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

James 1:17 – Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him — 10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

Matthew 22:37-40 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Old 02-04-2023, 05:28 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

“Do for others what you would like them to do for you” (Matthew 7:12).

Psalm 40:1-2 1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

Luke 12:6 'What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Not much more than that. Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And He knows the number of hairs on your head! Never fear, you are far more valuable to Him than a whole flock of sparrows.'

John 3:16 'For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

Deuteronomy 8:10-11 10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. 11 Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:38 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

“He has showed you, 0 man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8, NIV).

Hebrews 5:13-14 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Psalm 68:19 19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

Ephesians 6:24 – Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

2 Samuel 7:28 28 Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

Psalm 34:14 14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Romans 8:38-39 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Old 02-06-2023, 06:18 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

Romans 10:17 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Jude 1:24-25 24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Luke 18:18-30 18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’” 21 “All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said. 22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24 Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?” 27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” 28 Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!” 29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

Psalm 28:7-9 7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. 8 The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. 9 Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.

Matthew 11:28 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:51 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37

Hebrews 11:1 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Hebrews 13:5 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Proverbs 21:3 3 To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

Amos 5:14 – Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.

Psalm 37:37 37 Consider the blameless, observe the upright; a future awaits those who seek peace.

Proverbs 21:21 “Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.”
Old 02-08-2023, 05:44 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up" (Proverbs 12:25).

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6).

Matthew 6:25,34 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry {or be anxious} about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Romans 12:6-8 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6.

Psalm 117:2 – For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever
Old 02-09-2023, 05:50 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalm 32:8

John 5:24 24 Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Galatians 2:20 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 Peter 3:8-9 8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

1 Peter 2:1-3 1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

1 Peter 2:24-25 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 25 For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1:22 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

"Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:7-8

Joshua 1:9 – Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Psalm 84:12 12 Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.

Psalms 118:14 14 The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:56 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

Ephesians 3:20 – Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

2 Peter 1:3a – By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.

Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. — Proverbs 3:9-10

Mark 12:30-31 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

Romans 12:18 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
Old 02-11-2023, 04:35 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

Philippians 4:8 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Proverbs 19:11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.

1 Peter 5:10 – And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. —Proverbs 15:4

John 13:34 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Old 02-12-2023, 06:48 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. Isaiah 1:17

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and [God’s] love is made complete in us. — 1 John 4:12

Ephesians 4:29 – Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ephesians 5:20 – And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:7 7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”
Old 02-13-2023, 06:51 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 1 John 4:13

1 John 4:16 6 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Romans 8:2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Philippians 4:19 – And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. — Proverbs 23:22

1 John 5:1 NIV Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

Ephesians 4:2 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7 “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:14
Old 02-14-2023, 06:53 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 14

1 Corinthians 1:9 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 8:36 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

John 14:6 6 Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Mark 11:22-25 22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

Matthew 7:24-27 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. — Proverbs 16:3

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Old 02-15-2023, 06:49 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 15

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

Galatians 5:25-26 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

1 Corinthians 2:9-13 9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him—10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

Philippians 3:8-9 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. —Romans 12:9

An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips. — Proverbs 24:26

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7
Post New ThreadReply