Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 27

For a Steady Mind While at Prayer

O Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time; and vanity of thought, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention to prayer. And if, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me to return to my purpose; so that I might not avert my heart from You, during the few precious moments I dedicate to talking with You.

And grant me this day, dear Lord, that You may never be completely out of my thoughts. Let me carry you as a voice to guide my every step as I slip down the path of this precious day, that I might always remember Your will, and lighten the world around me. Help me to make every moment of my day, every word from my mouth, a prayer, that I might live in Your presence. Amen.

O Lord, I know it is not within my power to map my life and plan my course. I commit my future plans to you – my education, whether I marry or remain single, my career, and my ministry. When I make a decision contrary to your will, correct me with justice, and lead me in paths of righteousness for your name’s sake. Thank you, Lord for directing my steps. Just as a mother and father are thrilled when their children take their first steps, You delight in each step I take. When I walk, my steps will not be hampered; when I run, I will not stumble in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful for Your love and patience toward me. Help me to extend that same love and patience to others. Help me to be a kind and loyal person in all of my circumstances. Open my eyes to see my own faults so that I might present them to You for the needed changes. Forgive me for wrong attitudes, and change my heart to be like Yours. I release all those who have caused me pain and trouble to Your care. Be merciful to them and help them to change also. Lord, give us all Your grace and mercy in this hour. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord God, help us to be holy as you are holy, and free us from all the earthly things that try to torment us. Grant us your Spirit so that we do what is right. May we always hold your hand confidently. Protect your children everywhere on earth, and help them do what is right even if the whole world does what is wrong. Help us, so that all we do becomes holy and pleasing in your sight. Let your grace grow among us and among the nations, and let your hand be strong to bring in your day, your day when everything is made new. May your name be kept holy, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply