Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 3/13

Decisions can take you out of God's will, but you can never be out of His love.

Whatever your circumstances may be, rest assured that God does not do things without a purpose. --Charles Stanley

Are you tempted? look unto Jesus. Are you afflicted? look unto Jesus. Do all speak evil of you? look unto Jesus. Do you feel cold, dull, backsliding? look unto Jesus. Never say, "I will heal myself and then look unto Jesus, I will get into a good frame and then take comfort in my Beloved." This is the delusion of Satan. But whether you are weak or strong, in the valley or on the mount, in sickness or in health, in sorrow or in joy, in going out or in coming in, in youth or in age, in richness or in poverty, in life or in death—let this be your motto and your guide, "LOOKING UNTO JESUS!" J C Ryle

Jesus Christ is able to untangle all the snarls in your soul, to banish all your complexes, and to transform even your fixed habit patterns, no matter how deeply they are etched in your subconscious. --Corrie ten Boom

The turning point of our lives is when we stop seeking the God we want and start seeking the God who is. --Patrick Morley

Joy is a choice. It’s a matter of attitude that stems from one’s confidence in God—that He is at work, that He is in full control, that He is in the midst of whatever has happened, is happening and will happen. Either we fix our minds on that and determine to laugh again, or we wail and whine our way through life. We determine which way we will go. --Chuck Swindoll

Joy is more than a feeling; it is a deep peace, blended together with a solid hope that God has not left us. Joy is a delight in knowing there will be a better day. Can we have joy as our companion even when the road gets bumpy? Absolutely. --Karol Ladd

God weeps over your anguish because you are precious to Him. --Laura Petherbridge

What Do You Hear? by Alan Smith
What Do You HearA Native American and his friend were in downtown New York City, walking near Times Square in Manhattan. It was during the noon lunch hour and the streets were filled with people. Cars were honking their horns, taxicabs were squealing around corners, sirens were wailing, and the sounds of the city were almost deafening. Suddenly, the Native American said, “I hear a cricket.”
His friend said, “What? You must be crazy. You couldn’t possibly hear a cricket in all of this noise!”
“No, I’m sure of it,” the Native American said, “I heard a cricket.”
“That’s crazy,” said the friend.
The Native American listened carefully for a moment, and then walked across the street to a big cement planter where some shrubs were growing. He looked into the bushes, beneath the branches, and sure enough, he located a small cricket. His friend was utterly amazed.
“That’s incredible,” said his friend. “You must have super-human ears!”
“No,” said the Native American. “My ears are no different from yours. It all depends on what you’re listening for.”
“But that can’t be!” said the friend. “I could never hear a cricket in this noise.”
“Yes, it’s true,” came the reply. “It depends on what is really important to you. Here, let me show you.”
He reached into his pocket, pulled out a few coins, and discreetly dropped them on the sidewalk. And then, with the noise of the crowded street still blaring in their ears, they noticed every head within twenty feet turn and look to see if the money that tinkled on the pavement was theirs.
“See what I mean?” asked the Native American. “It all depends on what’s important to you.”
What’s important to you? What do you listen for? Are there times that you fail to listen to God or see what God is doing in your life because you are focused on other things that are more important to you?
Jesus said, “For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear.” (Matt. 13:15-16)
Amidst all the distractions of the world all around us, may our ears always be open to God’s voice, and our eyes open to His glory.

He Wants My Whole Life by Dean Register
Not too long ago [written in 1990] I knelt beside my son’s bed to pray with him. He seemed unusually pensive, especially for a Little League baseball player and an active young athlete. When I finished our prayer, he began to weep softly. He turned his head toward the wall. As most parents know, when you ask, “What’s wrong?” you often get an answer that sounds like a muffled, “Nothing.”
I probed a little deeper, and finally he said, “Well, Dad, do you remember a few weeks ago when those boys got in trouble at the church for marking all over the walls in the Royal Ambassador room?”
“Yes,” I said.
“Well, Dad, it wasn’t just them,” he sobbed. “It was me, too!”
Suddenly, I felt as if I were experiencing a holy moment. My mind swirled with thoughts of all the times I, too, had come face to face with my own wrong. As an earthly father, I had an opportunity to take my son in my arms and say: “You are forgiven. I forgive you, and I love you.”
And with tears coursing down my own cheeks, I lifted my head to my Heavenly Father and said: “Father, do you know all those things that get others in trouble? Well, it’s not just them, Lord. It’s me, too. Forgive me, Father.”

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment By Roy Irwin
"You can see a lot by observing." ~ Yogi Berra ~
A room full of children. A plate full of chocolate chip cookies. The setting could not have been more perfect! Who would have believed that it was the beginning of an experiment whose outcome would still affect me some 30 years later...
It went something like this: Each person was allowed to choose a cookie but told not to eat it. Instructions were given that for the next 5 minutes each person should study their cookie closely, observing every detail, in order to learn what makes their particular cookie unique.
At the end of the allotted time the cookies were collected and mixed together on a plate. Then, one at a time, each child was invited to come up and see if they could identify 'their' cookie. One by one, almost immediately, each child excitedly identified and was reunited with 'their' cookie!
Each person was then asked to share with the group what it was about their cookie that made it unique. Like proud parents the children shared different traits that made their particular cookie special: One had a lot of chocolate chips; another almost none. For some it was the placement of the chips, creating an unusual shape or pattern. One had a crack on one side, another was a different shade of color. One of the more easily identifiable cookies was missing a 'bite' from an overeager (and hungry) child!
I've shared this 'experiment' with other groups over the years: Scouts, church groups, work groups, gatherings of friends. And each time the results are always the same - everyone can identify 'their' cookie and beams with pride in describing it! Give it a try sometime! It's also a great excuse to enjoy chocolate chip cookies! (note: I'm 'sure' this would work with other types of cookies, but not with broccoli, asparagus or other vegetables...)
As I was enjoying yet another chocolate chip cookie this week, I was replaying in mind those events from years ago when I was introduced to the above lesson. If children could so quickly and easily identify and take pride in their special cookie, how much more special is each of us in the eyes of God?
I was reminded again of several promises from the Bible that give us a glimpse of how special and unique we are to God; how He knows each of us uniquely and individually; and how much He loves us.
In the book of Genesis God reveals that we were made in His image. From Jeremiah 1:5 God shares an intimate portrait of His individual relationship with each of us by writing "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." (NIV) In Jeremiah 31:3 God tells us, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." (NIV) And we learn in Matthew 10:30 that God knows each of us so well that "God even knows how many hairs are on your head." (ICB)
Words are one thing, but ultimately God revealed His love for each of us by sending His Son Jesus Christ to earth for the sole purpose of paying for your sins and mine through His death on the cross. "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 (NIV)
So the next time you're enjoying a chocolate chip cookie, remember and hold fast to this promise from Romans 8:35: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" (NIV)
"Dear Lord Jesus, help us to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is Your love for each of us. Help us to see our Worth in You - that we were loved by You even while we were still in the womb - and that NOTHING can separate us from Your love. Thank you Jesus! May we learn to love You and trust You more - full of Your hope - as we continue growing in Your love. Amen."
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 (NIV)

Following His Lead by Greg Laurie
A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. —Proverbs 16:9
When I first started out preaching, I wanted to be an evangelist more than anything else. I went to a Billy Graham Crusade and said, "Man, that is what I want to be when I grow up!" I never dreamed that I would preach in large stadiums, but I just felt that God had called me to bring the Good News to people. I didn't feel called to be a Bible teacher; I just wanted to share the gospel.
For a couple of years, I traveled around with Christian bands and shared the gospel. And then this little Bible study opened up in Riverside, California, which no one else wanted to lead anymore. So it was passed around from various pastors, friends that I knew at Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa. Then they said, "Well, Greg, why don't you do it?"
So I did. The Lord blessed that Bible study, and it started to grow. So I thought, I have to get someone to take over this Bible study, because I am called to be an evangelist. But it kept growing, and people started calling me Pastor Greg. I thought, I am not your pastor. I am 21 years old. I don't think you really want me as your pastor.
Then I began to realize that God was calling me to be a pastor. But here was the problem. This church was in Riverside, and I lived in Orange County. I was born and raised in Orange County. I did not want to go to Riverside. That was inland. I wanted to stay at the beach. But the Lord was directing me, and so I went, and I continued to teach. The Bible study grew and grew and grew. Fast-forward a number of years, and it is a church of 15,000 people.
Sometimes God leads us in a different direction than where we want to go. But we must trust Him because He knows the way.

JESUS IN THE HOUSE Author Unknown
One day he decided to invite the Lord to come home and stay with him. When the Lord arrived, this young man offered him the very best room in the house. The room was upstairs and at the end of the hall. "This room is yours, Jesus! Stay as long as you like and you can do whatever you want to in this room, remember Jesus, it’s all yours."
That evening after he had retired for the night there came a loud knocking at the front door. The young man pulled on his robe and made his way downstairs. When he opened the door he found that the devil had sent three of his demons to attack the man. He quickly tried to close the door but one of the demons kept sticking his foot in.
Sometime later, after a great struggle, he managed to slam the door shut and returned to his room totally exhausted.
Can you believe that," the man thought. Jesus is upstairs in my very best room sleeping while I am down here battling demons. Oh, well, maybe he just didn't hear. He slept fitfully that night. The next day thing went along as normal and, being tired as he was, the young man retired early that evening. Along about midnight, there came such a terrible ruckus at the front door that the young man was sure that whatever it was would tear the door down. He stumbled down the stairs once again and opened the door to find that were dozens of demons now trying to get into his beautiful home.
For more than three hours he fought and struggled against the demons from hell, and finally overtook them enough to shut the door against their attack. All energy seemed to fail him. He really didn't understand this at all. Why won't the Lord come to my rescue? Why does he allow me to fight all by myself? I feel so alone. Troubled, he found his way to the sofa and fell into a restless sleep.
The next morning he decided to inquire of the Lord about the happenings of the last two evenings. Quietly he made his way to the elegant bedroom where he had left Jesus. "Jesus," he called as he tapped at the door. "Lord, I don't understand what is happening. For the last two nights I have had to fight the demons away from my door while you laid up here sleeping. Don't you care about me? Did I not give you the very best room in the house?"
He could see the tears building in Jesus' eyes but continued on, "I just don't understand, I really thought that once I invited you in to live with me that you would take care of me and I gave you the best room in my house and everything. What more can I do?"
"My precious child," Jesus spoke so softly. "I do love and care for you. I protect all that you have released into my care. But, when you invited me to come here and stay, you brought me to this lovely room and you shut the door to the rest of your house. I am Lord of this room but I am not Master of this house.
I have protected this room and no demon may enter here."
"Oh, Lord, please forgive me. Take all of my house -- it is yours. I am so sorry that I never offered you all to begin with. I want you to have control of everything." With this he flung open the bedroom door and knelt at Jesus' feet. "Please forgive me Lord for being so selfish."
Jesus smiled and told him that He had already forgiven him and that He would take care of things from now on. That night as the young man prepared for bed he thought, I wonder if those demons will return, I am so tired of fighting them each and every night. But, he knew that Jesus said that he would take care of things from now on.
Along about midnight the banging on the door was frightening. The young man slipped out of his room in time to see Jesus going down the stairs. He watched in awe as Jesus swung open the door, no need to be afraid.
Satan stood at the door, this time demanding to be let in. "What do you want, satan?" the Lord asked. The devil bowed low in the presence of the Lord, "So sorry, I seem to have gotten the wrong address." And with that, he and the demons all ran away.

The Great Escape by John Stuart
Psalm 55:7 – I would flee far away and stay in the desert. (NIV)
Like most people, there are some days when I would like to run away from all of my responsibilities, travel somewhere remote, and just be all by myself. I sometimes daydream about getting in my car, driving as far west as I possibly can until I reach the ocean, and then just sit on the beach to watch the sun going down over the horizon. I'm certain that everyone has days just like this, when the impulse to "get away from it all" occurs. I also believe that the writer of Psalm 55 experienced something similar.
We all go through stressful times and bad moments in our lives. It's part of our human experience. Most of the time, the majority of us resist those impulses to run away, simply because our common sense — as well as our devotion to others — overrides our desire to escape.
I'm reminded Christ's wilderness experience, when He was whisked away by the Holy Spirit to a solitary place, free from any distractions, and unburdened by any responsibilities. He was not there, though, to get away from it all. Jesus was in the wilderness to be severely tested and tried. Thankfully, He overcame His time of trial and then began His ministry of redemption, reconciliation, and restoration for humankind.
Running away from our responsibilities does not change anything. Turning to Jesus with our burdens, however, can change everything. He understands our isolation and vulnerability. He knows what it's like to be stressed out and under pressure. This is why Jesus gently speaks to us across the centuries with His own comforting words:
Matthew 11:28 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (NIV)
Questions for personal reflection: What is currently stressing me out? How can Jesus help me?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, You know us completely and understand everything that is going on in our lives. You know the isolation that we feel, the fears that we have, and the burdens that we carry. Help us to turn to You, to receive Your loving embrace and perfect assurance. Be with us all today. In Your holy name, we pray. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
The road has been rocky, and life experiences have been problematic and even dangerous. But, I have helped you in every circumstance. You are Mine; you belong to Me. Set your heart on peace, and let My peace permeate every fiber of your being, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Rather, do all that is necessary to clean up the mess caused by the trouble that has come upon you, and be strong. Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Settle yourself in a place of peace regardless of the turmoil around you. Overcome the urge to start a fight or get in someone else's quarrel because it will create a situation that you will not want to deal with. You will benefit greatly from being a peacemaker, and put your trust in Me to bring forth justice. Rise up and walk in the Spirit instead of trying to satisfy your flesh. Proverbs 16:7 When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

You are beginning to deal with all kinds of change in your life--from slight to radical. Change requires adjustment. If you refuse to be flexible and are unyielding and rigid, it will be a painful experience. Do all that is necessary to accommodate the process of adjusting to things that are different than they were. Let this become a time of spiritual growth as you seek Me in all things, says the Lord. My love for you never changes. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Now is the time to upgrade--to take the next step. I speak to you spiritually to rise to a higher position, greater discernment, and closer relationship to Me, says the Lord. But, you will also see this process playing out in natural circumstances as a sign of what is happening in the realm of the Spirit. Pay attention to those things and go with the flow and moving of My Spirit. Psalm 24:3-4 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.

Step out into the light. Let go of everything that has kept you shrouded in darkness. These are days where the quality of your life can improve dramatically, but you must have patience as you deliberately move away from places of bondage and embrace the liberty that awaits. Do not doubt in your heart My ability to set you free, says the Lord. Luke 18:27 But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I see and know your whole life. I have walked with you in the valley of the shadow of death. And, even though you may not remember, I have encouraged you to keep going, to keep moving, and to come to this place that I have brought you to so that you are dwelling in a place of liberty under the shadow of My wings. And, from this point on, things will be different. You can experience joy and peace in a fresh way. Renew your relationship with Me and walk with Me as I lead you into the fullness of My kingdom, says the Lord. Be blessed! Be renewed!

Last week I threw out WORRYING,
It was getting old and in the way.
It kept me from being me,
I couldn't do things my way.
I threw out those inhibitions,
They were just crowding me out.
Made room for my New Growth,
Got rid of my old dreams and doubts.
I threw out a book on MY PAST
(didn't have time to read it anyway).
Replaced it with New Goals,
Started reading it today.
I threw out childhood toys
(remember how I treasured them so)?
Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too,
Threw out the one from long ago.
Brought in some new books too,
Called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST.
Threw out I might, I think and I ought.
WOW, You should've seen the dust.
I ran across an OLD FRIEND,
Haven't seen him in a while.
I believe his name is GOD,
Yes, I really like His style.
He helped me to do some cleaning
And added some thing's Himself.
Like PRAYER, HOPE and FAITH,
Yes I placed them right on the shelf.
I picked up this special thing
And placed it at the front door.
I FOUND IT - its called PEACE.
Nothing gets me down anymore.
Yes, I've got my house looking nice.
Looks good around the place.
For things like Worry and Trouble
There just isn't any place.
It’s good to do a little house cleaning,
Get rid of the old things on the shelf.
It sure makes things brighter,
Maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF.
-- Author Unknown

The 23rd Psalm for Working People Author Unknown
The Lord is my real boss and I shall not want.
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray before I speak,
And to do all things without murmuring and complaining.
He reminds me that He is my Source and not my job.
He restores my sanity everyday and guides my decisions
That I might honor Him in everything I do.
Even though I face absurd amounts of emails,
System crashes, unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks,
gossiping co-workers, discriminating supervisors
And an aging body that doesn't cooperate every morning,
I will not stop - for He is with me!
His presence, His peace, and His power
Will see me through.
He raises me up,
Even when they fail to promote me.
He claims me as His own,
Even when the company threatens to let me go.
His faithfulness and love
Are better than any bonus check.
His retirement plan beats every 401K there is!
When it's all said and done,
I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer
And for that, I bless His Name.

But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. 1 John 2:5-6

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." John 10:27-30

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:1-3

Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways. Psalm 119:1-3

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

You Have The Victory! by Mrs. P's Devotional
If God’s Word says that we are more than conquerors through Christ, then we are. We are not going to become, we already are. We may be experiencing some failures or setbacks in life right now, but only good will come out of our situations because God says that “in all these things we are more than conquerors”. We have the victory!
You see, God has placed us in Christ, whom He has exalted to the highest place in the universe. We are not trying to get to victory ground. We are already on victory ground. We don’t confess God’s Word to get victory. We confess His Word because we already have the victory. We don’t fight for victory. We fight from victory.
The devil will try to steal our victory. He will come against us with lies and fears, and cause us to be conscious of our failures, weaknesses and symptoms in areas such as our health. But we are not trying to be healed. We are already healed because God’s Word declares that “by His stripes we are healed”. (Isaiah 53:5)
A certain Lady was seeing two psychiatrists. She had been under psychiatric care and medication for panic attacks for the most part of her life. She said that when she started going to church and learning about Jesus, the truth of God’s Word began to dawn on her.
She started believing that victory over her condition was already hers and began confessing it. From then on, all her fears were removed and her panic attacks ceased. Today, she has a sound mind, is free from all medication and knows that her life is greatly blessed through Jesus who loves her.
The moment you accept Jesus as your Savior, you are born again and the new person inside you is more than a conqueror. You are already on victory ground and you have victory over every challenging situation in your life!
Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

"Father, I ask you to cleanse me of the hurts in my life. I accept your Son Jesus as my Savior and acknowledge I have sinned against You. Take the unforgiveness, the hurts that wrench my soul and replace them with Your peace. Thank you. In Jesus' Name............Amen. --Dan Langerock

Read Through The Bible
Esther 5
Esther’s Banquet
1 Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace, across from the king’s house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house. 2 So it was, when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, that she found favor in his sight, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that was in his hand. Then Esther went near and touched the top of the scepter. 3 And the king said to her, “What do you wish, Queen Esther? What is your request? It shall be given to you—up to half the kingdom!” 4 So Esther answered, “If it pleases the king, let the king and Haman come today to the banquet that I have prepared for him.” 5 Then the king said, “Bring Haman quickly, that he may do as Esther has said.” So the king and Haman went to the banquet that Esther had prepared. 6 At the banquet of wine the king said to Esther, “What is your petition? It shall be granted you. What is your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!” 7 Then Esther answered and said, “My petition and request is this: 8 If I have found favor in the sight of the king, and if it pleases the king to grant my petition and fulfill my request, then let the king and Haman come to the banquet which I will prepare for them, and tomorrow I will do as the king has said.”
Haman’s Plot Against Mordecai
9 So Haman went out that day joyful and with a glad heart; but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king’s gate, and that he did not stand or tremble before him, he was filled with indignation against Mordecai. 10 Nevertheless Haman restrained himself and went home, and he sent and called for his friends and his wife Zeresh. 11 Then Haman told them of his great riches, the multitude of his children, everything in which the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the officials and servants of the king. 12 Moreover Haman said, “Besides, Queen Esther invited no one but me to come in with the king to the banquet that she prepared; and tomorrow I am again invited by her, along with the king. 13 Yet all this avails me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king’s gate.” 14 Then his wife Zeresh and all his friends said to him, “Let a gallows be made, fifty cubits high, and in the morning suggest to the king that Mordecai be hanged on it; then go merrily with the king to the banquet.” And the thing pleased Haman; so he had the gallows made.

Lord, help us to keep our minds on you as we go about our daily tasks. Let the work of our hands express praise to your holy name. We pray as Jesus taught us, "Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation."* Amen *Luke 11:2-4

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply