Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Every Good and Perfect Gift

Every Good and Perfect Gift

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." James 1:17

At this time of giving let us reflect on the giver of "every good and perfect gift," our Father in heaven, the Father of the heavenly lights. I like that phrase "the Father of the heavenly lights"...as I look about me at all the beautiful Christmas lights that are displayed on homes I can’t help but look up and remember that my Father has set his lights in heaven for all to see, not at this season only, but all through the year. He set one special star in heaven to show to all that His Son had been given to us as the best gift of all. He loved us enough to give us the most perfect of all gifts, His Son, Jesus Christ, who through death brought us salvation and life everlasting. We have much to be thankful for as we reflect upon all the gifts that the Father has showered upon us.

Everything that is good in our lives is a gift from Him to us, his children, especially the gift of adoption. The trials that we have in our lives are gifts from Him also, for it is through these experiences that He draws us to Himself and makes us realize how much we need Him. As we go about giving gifts to those we love this season, let’s not forget to stop and give our Father in heaven the gift of praise for all He has done for us throughout the year. He is indeed the giver of "every good and perfect gift."

Praise you, Father, for giving us the gifts we so often take for granted...the gift of fellowship, family, homes and work, all things necessary to sustain us both spiritually and physically. You are the BEST of Fathers and we are so blessed to have had you adopt us as your sons and daughters. May your light shine down upon us and guide us as we strive to serve you.

Thank You, Father, for the gifts You have given me. Thank You for the gift of Jesus; a gift for which I can never stop being grateful. Thank You for the gift of suffering and the way it changes me for the better. Help me to see the many gifts that You give to me each day. I am often oblivious to them; forgive me for that. As I give gifts to others at this season, may it remind me of the precious Father I have who is always giving so freely to me. Amen Quiet Waters
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply