Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 5/10

"God could not be everywhere, and therefore He made mothers." --Jewish Proverb

"We only have One Mom, One Mommy, One Mother in this World, One life. Don't wait for the Tomorrows to tell Mom, you love her." (Unknown)

I believe the deep abyss is an abyss of love. The capacity of a mother's love to forgive, turn the other cheek, and always receive a child back into her arms is among God's most amazing accomplishments. God displays his heart through the forgiving, unconditional love showered on each of us by our mother.

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

One lamp - thy mother's love - amid the stars
Shall lift its pure flame changeless, and before
The throne of God, burn through eternity -
Holy - as it was lit and lent thee here.
~Nathaniel Parker Willis

The mother love is like God's love; he loves us not because we are lovable, but because it is His nature to love, and because we are His children. --Riney

We are all pencils in the hand of God. --Mother Teresa

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies... She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
--Proverbs 31:10 27-28
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE... Give honor to whom honor is due! This biblical principle is most certainly true of women, and especially those who are godly mothers. Let's make sure we praise the key women in our lives today!
MY PRAYER... Father, I want to thank you for the women of character and grace, tenderness and fire, love that and tenacity, who have helped shape my life in a way helped me find you. Please bless them this day, I ask in Jesus' name. Amen. --Heartlight Daily Devotional

So Where's the Proverbs 31 Woman??
A Hurting Word...
Start looking...you may find her in the kitchen microwaving fast food, or in the car transporting kids and stopping to GET fast food. You may find her doing the third load of laundry for the day (or night, if she works outside the home too!), or cleaning toilets, changing beds, picking up clutter...OR you may just find her hassled, harried, and hiding under the bed! I know one Proverbs 31 woman who did just that. With four boys to handle, and no break time whatsoever, she'd play hide-and-seek with the boys, hide under the bed, and break-away as long as she could until they would find her!
AND if you're a mom, you may be there today--or tomorrow--for after all the wonderful Mother's Day celebrations are done, you're just beginning--another week, another laundry load, another meal, another taxi trip, another homework help--and whatever else is going on in your home--it's one wild, wacky world that we moms live in. How we survive is a miracle--and only by the grace of God do we make it! But sometimes that grace "seems" like it's not enough. Now we KNOW it IS, but somedays we sure don't feel like it! Ever been there? Those are the days we need to run to the Psalms and read all the troubles and trials of David--how God listened, loved, and brought him through (and he wasn't even a MOM)!
This devotional is for all moms hiding under the bed today! Stop laying a guilt trip on yourself for what you don't do, for what you need to do, for what you should do, for what "everybody else" does! God doesn't look at what you DO but who you ARE! And so if you're hiding under the bed (every mom does that SOME time!), and you haven't fallen asleep, get up and come to the Well--for Jesus, who loves MOMS, is waiting to love us all!
She Knows Who She Is!
Sure, she's imperfect, sometimes impractical, somedays even impossible--give her a break, she's human! But KNOW that beyond it all, she's a daughter of the King. She's Blood-bought, soul-cleansed, beauty-clad in the garment of righteousness, and in God's eyes, she's a Proverbs 31 woman of great honor, dignity and worth! She's been given a great task, but by God's grace, she's going to lean on her Lord, love her family, and do the very best she can. That's all God asks! His words for Mom? "...I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV)."
She Knows Whom She Serves!
Sure, she gets PMS, has crying spells, tired time-outs and frantic fits--give her a break, she's human! But KNOW that beyond it all, she serves her Lord first, then her family...and it MAY be fast food--but they know they are loved. Her love and devotion are strong and on those days when her strength is all gone (and that could be every day!), she runs to the Lord, the greatest Servant of all. He knows, understands and doesn't scold for every deed left undone. He doesn't even notice! His words to Mom? "Well, done, thou good and faithful servant (Matthew 25:21KJV).!" Quiet your tired heart for just a minute--and you'll hear it!
She Knows Where She's Going!
Sure, some days she has no idea where she's going or even who she is--give her a break, she's human! But KNOW that beyond it all, she's not going down the path that leads to destruction. Her eyes are on her Lord--and she may not know the whole trip plan but like Sarah (who tagged along with Abraham), she too is going out, not knowing where, but just fo
llowing the Lord with her whole heart. Her eyes see beyond earthly possessions and fortunes--her eyes are on her Lord and wherever He leads, you'll find her following. Does she ever stumble? You'd better believe it--but she doesn't stay down long--for she's a Proverbs 31 woman who believes God's words, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5,6 KJV)."
So where's the Proverbs 31 woman? In GOD'S loving care! He loves and understands; He's there--wherever we are--"He careth for YOU (1 Peter 5:7 KJV)."! If you know who you are, whom you serve and where you're going, you're a Proverbs 31 woman in God's eyes--so get out from under that bed, Mom! Know deep in your heart that the Lord loves you and wants you to "lie down" not under the bed, but "in green pastures,"--HIS pastures of love, peace and joy. May the Lord help us Moms all over the world to be still enough to hear His voice of love, feel His touch of grace, and know that we're going to make it! Happy Mother's Day--all year long--and if you're not a Mom, but you know someone who is, go find her and give her the hug of her life--she deserves it today and every day!
"Lord, sometimes I DO feel like hiding under a bed--guilt, self-accusations, doubts and distresses overwhelm me. On those days, help me to know that YOU love, understand and are there to see me through. I am a woman of worth and dignity--because I love You, I serve You, and I follow You. Thank You, Lord, for understanding and loving me--just the way I am; thank You for helping me become the woman You want me to be. In Jesus' Name, Amen. --Peggy's Place

“Honor your father and mother” -this is the first commandment with a promise: “so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.” Ephesians 6.2-3
A man was boarding an airplane one day. As he came on board, he happened to notice that the head of the plane's cockpit flight crew was a woman.
As he found his seat, he noticed three persons sitting immediately behind him. One was a young boy about six or seven years of age. Next to him was a man in his early thirties. And next to the man was a woman in her early sixties.
The man could not help overhearing the conversation among these three persons as the plane made final plans for departure from the gate. It was not long before he realized that they were the woman pilot's family. The boy was her son. The man was her husband. And the older woman was her mother. Suddenly he realized why the family was on the plane. This was the first time the woman pilot had been the head of a flight crew! They were there to honor her promotion.
The plane taxied down the runway and poised itself for takeoff. The engines began to roar, and the plane gained speed quickly. Within seconds they were airborne. As the plane began to ascend the bank to the south, the six-year-old boy began to applaud! "Way to go, Mom. Way to go!"
Today, we applaud our Moms. "Way to go, Moms, way to go!" Truly, today's Mom deserves all the support and applause she can get. We need the faithfulness of our moms, and they need our faithfulness and love!
Loving God, bless our moms in a special way to show your great love for them. Amen. --Ron Newhouse

You Are Beautiful
You are beautiful. . .
It's a phrase that my mother uses a lot.
I used to wonder, "How in the world can Mother call them beautiful?"
I am a logical, statistical man.
I call things as I see them.
I didn't see beauty.
My mother would tell people this with an enthusiasm they could feel. She was genuine. She wasn't telling them they were beautiful to get something from them. Most of the time, they were trying to get something from her.
I wondered for years what was wrong with Mother's perception and vision. Couldn't she see that all of the people she called beautiful,
weren't beautiful?
You were beautiful only if you had a certain figure and face that was classed as beautiful by the laws of the world and glamour. Yet when my mother spoke, people smiled as though Glamour magazine had listed them as one of the beautiful people of the year.
It took me years to finally understand my mother's vision and the phrase, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
My mother had a spirit that could see the beauty in a person.
Most only look on the outside and then compare what they see with the standards the world has given them.
That was what I was doing.
Today when you leave your house, carefully look at the first person whom you see and notice how beautiful they are.
They may be balding, fat, wrinkled, pimply, or any of the other things the world frowns upon as beauty.
Look at them closely and look for the beauty.
If you really look, you'll see it.
I didn't believe that at first until I tried it.
Sure enough, as I stared and opened another set of eyes, I was able to see the beauty in every person. No matter how rough or worn a person looked, each pain etched line held a glimpse of beauty.
You just had to look for the beauty. It's there.
When you leave your home this morning, look hard at each person. You will start to see the beauty of every human who you didn't know existed. Trust me and try this. If you sincerely look, you will see it.
When you get home after seeing the beauty in faces you see, look in the mirror.
You are beautiful.
Thank you mama for all of the beauty that you have not only seen, but added.
A MountainWings Original

LIFELONG LESSONS FOR MAKING MAMA HAPPY!
This one's for "mamas" all over the world. Now you may BE a mama or be RELATED to one--and I THINK that means us all, so don't tune out 'til I'm done talking...doesn't that sound JUST like a Mama...grin!
It's been said, "Ain't Mama happy; ain't NOBODY happy!" - and keeping Mama happy is a lifelong job for the Lord, for Mama, and for the people with whom she lives and works. Now we know that no one else is responsible for our OWN happiness but ourselves, so ya'll can listen in while I talk to Mama--and to me too! Mama's in a talkin' mood, so hang on!
There are times when the "madness of life" gets to Mama--she's got kid crises, computer crackups, health hassles, family feuds, job jumbles--you name it, Mama has it, hassles it and tries to handle it! What to do? I've got some hints for you--and me--hang on till I pick up the clutter, clean up the kitchen, drive around the town, shut off the dryer, turn over the mattress, and turn on the brain...only a Mama can relate to that one!
Lifelong Lesson #1: Mama, Move NOT! - When you're upset and frustrated, "Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)." There's a place where we can and MUST reach out to our Heavenly Father in prayer and renew our strength through His Word. It will keep us sane, safe and saint-like--if we let it!
Lifelong Lesson #2: Mama, Move OVER! - When you need to talk to someone, find a good friend to "sit alongside of you," to listen and love you, give you a hug and let you know you're not alone. Friends are important--now, don't DUMP on them--but share with one another. It helps when another knows, understands and prays for us!
Lifelong Lesson #3: Mama, Move ON! - When you're at your wit's end, find something funny in the circumstance (you might have to dig for that one!), go get a cup of coffee or a CHOCOLATE sundae----and just KEEP GOING. Let it all go to the Lord first, then reach out to face your day and what God has in store for you....HE'S waiting to help, love, guide and lift you up THIS day.
Believe it, Mama, and have a coming-soon, wonderful, hassle-free, heaven-sent Mother's Day!"
The Proverbs 31 Woman
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She
selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:10-31
Prayer: "Lord, sometimes I sure don't feel like that Proverbs 31 woman. No way, except by YOUR strength will I get through this day, this week, this year. You know the stresses, the hurts, the impossible situations, the concerns. I give them ALL to you--and rise in YOUR Name to serve the loved ones You've given me. Thank You for being my serving Partner today! In Jesus' Name, Amen." --Peggie Bohanon

When God Made Mothers
By the time God made mothers, he was into his si
xth day of working overtime. An Angel appeared and said "Why are you spending so much time on this one?"
And God answered and said, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have 200 movable parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that can hold three children at one time and that disappears when she stands up, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."
The Angel was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No Way!" said the Angel. God replied, "Oh, it's not the hands that are the problem, It's the three pairs of eyes that mothers must have!" And that's just on the standard model?" the Angel asked.
God nodded in agreement, "Yep, one pair of eyes are to see through the closed door as she asks her children what they are doing, even though she already knows. Another pair in the back of her head are to see what she needs to know even though no one thinks she can. And the third pair are here in the front of her head. They are for looking at an errant child and saying that she understands and loves him or her without even saying a single word."
The Angel tried to stop God. "This is too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish.."
"But I can't," God protested. "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick and can feed a family of six on a pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand in the shower!" The Angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But you have made her so soft, Lord."
"She is soft", the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the Angel.
The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason, and negotiate."
The Angel then noticed something and reached out and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak with this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."
"That's not a leak", God said, "That's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the Angel asked.
God said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her disappointment, her pain, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."
The Angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything. WOMEN are truly amazing!" --Author Unknown

God Didn't Make Perfect Mothers!
"May I go now?" the almost completed, eager mother asked.
"Not yet. There are essential parts and finishing touches to be added," her Maker replied.
"I look pretty good to me," she said, peering into the crystal pool at her feet.
"True, you're looking better all the time. But bear with me."
"What does a mother have to do, God, besides wash, feed, and clothe little bodies?"
God only smiled and continued working.
"What are you doing now?" the curious mother-to-be questioned.
"Tightening your anger valve. If this doesn't work, everyone is in trouble."
She watched as He reached for the container marked patience.
"And what do I need patience for?" she asked as He poured in quite a supply.
"After a week you will know, My child."
"And whatever could that be?"
"This is your bypass mechanism. It enables a mother to operate efficiently for long periods of time without compliments from her children."
"I'm sure I won't need that."
"I'm sure you will."
Then God reached for a bundle labeled insulation against loud noises.
"You can skip that," she told Him. "I don't mind a little noise."
"That's nice," He said.
Seeing all the energy He was preparing to give her, she shifted uneasily from one foot to the other. "I wouldn't need all that energy in a million years."
"Little you know. You will use all of this and be begging for more before long."
"I didn't know there was so much involved in being a mother. You're not just putting me on, are you?"
"No, little mother."
With much apprehension, "Are you sure I can handle the job?"
"Quite sure...with help. I'm always available when you need Me."
"I'm glad to know that. What could I possible need all these for?"
"A certain amount of pain, so that you will be fully equipped to sympathize with and minister to the needs of your children when they feel pain; tears, so that you will be able to cry with them when they are hurt; and laughter to blend with theirs for happy times."
The mother-in-waiting fidgeted while God attached yes and no buttons. "Wouldn't it be nicer just to say yes to my children all the time?"
"Definitely not. Good mothers need to say no--and often. Say it with kindness and they will respect you for it."
"Have you equipped me with this thing called kindness, Lord?"
"I have indeed."
"And what about respect? Do I have to respect my children?"
"Absolutely."
The anxious mother tried to be patient as God installed a question answerer, advice giver, get along without sleep, and a pretender not to notice.
"I know I wouldn't use one of those!" she said, as God came toward her with a let-go lever.
"Sure you will, though it's hard. This is a vital piece of equipment. Until this little lever is released, your children will not have room to grow properly, make their own decisions, or develop their own personalities."
"I guess that is important."
God stood back a few steps to appraise His work, then reached for a coat of love and wrapped it around her. "Wear this at all times, and you'll be a good mother."
"Am I ready now, God, to get on with the mothering bit?"
"You can go now," God said gently. "You're not perfect, but you will do."
Share this inspiration with all your family and friends...
Happy Mothers Day! --Author Unknown

To my child..
Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying.
Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.
Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.
Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.
Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.
Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.
Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can have both toys.
Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.
Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.
Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.
Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.
Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.
I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside they can't handle it anymore.
And when I kiss you goodnight I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing, except one more day............. --Author Unknown

This is for all the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's OK honey, Mommy's here."
Who walk around the house all night with their babies when they keep crying and won't stop.
This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse
For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.
This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.
This is for all the mothers who froze their buns off on metal bleachers at football or soccer games Friday night instead of watching from cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.
This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet like a tired 2-year old who wants ice cream before dinner.
This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the mothers who wanted to but just couldn't.
For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."
This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.
This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.
This is for all mothers whose heads turn automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own off-spring are at home.
This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach ache
s, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right Away!
This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.
For all the mothers who bite their lips sometimes until they bleed-when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.
What makes a good Mother anyway?
Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips?
The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?
Or is it heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?
The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2am to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?
The need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?
For all the mothers of the victims of all these school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting. For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.
This is for mothers who put pinwheels and teddy bears on their children's graves.
This is for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation.
And mature mothers learning to let go.
For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers. Single mothers and married mothers. Mothers with money, mothers without.
This is for you all. So hang in there. --Author Unknown

THE LOVE OF A MOTHER It takes a Mother's love to make a house a home, A place to be remembered, no matter where we roam... It takes a Mother's patience to bring a child up right, And her courage and her cheerfulness to make a dark day bright... It takes a Mother's thoughtfulness to mend the heart's deep "hurts," And her skill and her endurance to mend little so cks and shirts... It takes a Mother's kindness to forgive us when we err, To sympathize in trouble and bow her head in prayer... It takes a Mother's wisdom to recognize our needs And to give us reassurance by her loving words and deeds... It takes a Mother's endless faith, her confidence and trust To guide us through the pitfalls of selfishness and lust... And that is why in all this world there could not be another Who could fulfill God's purpose as completely as a Mother! --Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Go ahead and make your plans, but hold them loosely. Be willing to allow Me to make the necessary adjustments in your thoughts and desires to keep you in the perfect movement of My Spirit, says the Lord. I will direct your steps, but you must first yield completely to My will. Do not allow the stubbornness to get your own way to prevail. Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Watch for distractions devised by the enemy to keep you from exercising your power to stop him. I have given you the authority to trample him underfoot, but you must be alert enough to discern his attacks and resist him, says the Lord. He will try to convince you that his work against you is your fault. The devil is a liar! Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Beloved, take the time to come into the secret place and be shut in with Me until this difficulty is over and the indignation is past. I see that trouble has overwhelmed you in many ways and caused you to despair, but know that I am with you to help you overcome and obtain the victory, says the Lord. Be strong and unwavering in your faith. Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past.

Be flexible. I will begin to restructure many areas of your life to enhance the spiritual aspects of your existence. You will be pleased with the results, but only if you yield in complete obedience to this process. You will be tempted to drag your feet in response to change, but things will go much better if you will embrace this fresh wind of My Spirit with a whole heart, says the Lord. John 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit

It is important for you recover from recent stress by leaning on Me. Be strong. Don't give up. All things that represent problems are only a stepping stone to understanding the work of My kingdom more completely. Keep looking up, says the LORD. Never forget that I am leading you to victory. Philippians 3:12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

Let the moving of My Spirit be your motivation as you navigate through the next weeks and months. You will be required to make some changes to accommodate this new level of spiritual experience. Stay calm and maintain your peace, says the Lord. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Have you heard and do you know that it is indeed the season of the rain, My children? For, if you will watch the signs given in the natural you will know that a new season has been birthed. And, each season that comes must go forth in the power of that which I am doing. The rain comes forth to water that seed that you are planting even today; the seed that will become your harvest in the future. Those things that pertain to you can be put in good ground this day, says the Lord God, if you will but believe and obey. So take out your bag of seed and sow generously.

Real Mothers
Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
they don't have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen
utensils are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
filthy ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried playdough
doesn't come out of shag carpet.
Real Mothers don't want to know what
the vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask "why me?"
and get their answer when a little
voice says, "because I love you best."
Real Mothers know that a child's growth
is not measured by height or years or
grade. . .
It is marked by the progression
of Mama to Mommy to Mom...
Author Unknown

WONDERFUL MOTHER
God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He moulded her heart of pure gold;
In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheeks fair roses you see;
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.
--Pat O'Reilly

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. Genesis 3:20

" 'Each of you must respect his mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:3

"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16

Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. Proverbs 23:22

May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice! Proverbs 23:22

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13

The Woman and the Dragon
1A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. 5She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. 7And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. 11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. 12Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short." 13When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach. 15Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus. Revelation 12

Happy Mother's Day - From Your Father
If you ever look at yourself and feel that you don't measure up, read this and your outlook will change before you finish reading it! This is good to keep, not just to read from time to time, but to also keep stored in your heart! Enjoy, and remember who you are!!!
When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being.
When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils.
But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man.
I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you.
Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity.
rom one bone, I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man's life.
I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him as you are meant to do.
Around this one bone, I shaped you....... I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully.
Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile.
You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart.
His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life.
The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart.
You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to him.
You are my perfect angel.....
You are my beautiful little girl.
You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill when I see the virtues in your heart.
Your eyes......don't change them.
Your lips-how lovely when they part in prayer.
Your hands so gentle to touch.
I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep.
I've held your heart close to mine.
Of all that lives and breathes, you are most like me.
Adam walked with me in the cool of the day, yet he was lonely.
He could not see me or touch me.
He could only feel me.
So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you; my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love, my protection and support.
You are special because you are an extension of me.
Man represents my image, woman my emotions.
Together, you represent the totality of God
Author Unknown

Sayings of King Lemuel
The sayings of King Lemuel—an oracle his mother taught him: "O my son, O son of my womb, O son of my vows, do not spend your strength on women, your vigor on those who ruin kings. "It is not for kings, O Lemuel—not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, lest they drink and forget what the law decrees, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights. Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."
Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31

Dear God, what a treasure You've placed here with me.
You've opened my heart to what loving can be.
A love so intense, yet so gentle and caring;
A feeling of awe at the beauty of sharing.
This sweet child of mine has enriched my life so,
And in just a few moments has helped me to grow.
>From woman to Mother- it's swept me away;
And I'm thankful, dear Lord, this child's with me today.
Please grant me the patience for endless demands,
And help me give comfort to small, pleading hands.
The love that created this precious, dear child
Was our gift from Heaven; God looked down and smiled. --Author Unknown

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 23
Josiah Restores True Worship
1 Now the king sent them to gather all the elders of Judah and Jerusalem to him. 2 The king went up to the house of the Lord with all the men of Judah, and with him all the inhabitants of Jerusalem—the priests and the prophets and all the people, both small and great. And he read in their hearing all the words of the Book of the Covenant which had been found in the house of the Lord. 3 Then the king stood by a pillar and made a covenant before the Lord, to follow the Lord and to keep His commandments and His testimonies and His statutes, with all his heart and all his soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people took a stand for the covenant. 4 And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, the priests of the second order, and the doorkeepers, to bring out of the temple of the Lord all the articles that were made for Baal, for Asherah, and for all the host of heaven; and he burned them outside Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried their ashes to Bethel. 5 Then he removed the idolatrous priests whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense on the high places in the cities of Judah and in the places all around Jerusalem, and those who burned incense to Baal, to the sun, to the moon, to the constellations, and to all the host of heaven. 6 And he brought out the wooden image from the house of the Lord, to the Brook Kidron outside Jerusalem, burned it at the Brook Kidron and ground it to ashes, and threw its ashes on the graves of the common people. 7 Then he tore down the ritual booths of the perverted persons that were in the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the wooden image. 8 And he brought all the priests from the cities of Judah, and defiled the high places where the priests had burned incense, from Geba to Beersheba; also he broke down the high places at the gates which were at the entrance of the Gate of Joshua the governor of the city, which were to the left of the city gate. 9 Nevertheless the priests of the high places did not come up to the altar of the Lord in Jerusalem, but they ate unleavened bread among their brethren. 10 And he defiled Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter pass through the fire to Molech. 11 Then he removed the horses that the kings of Judah had dedicated to the sun, at the entrance to the house of the Lord, by the chamber of Nathan-Melech, the officer who was in the court; and he burned the chariots of the sun with fire. 12 The altars that were on the roof, the upper chamber of Ahaz, which the kings of Judah had made, and the altars which Manasseh had made in the two courts of the house of the Lord, the king broke down and pulverized there, and threw their dust into the Brook Kidron. 13 Then the king defiled the high places that were east of Jerusalem, which were on the south of the Mount of Corruption, which Solomon king of Israel had built for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Sidonians, for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the people of Ammon. 14 And he broke in pieces the sacred pillars and cut down the wooden images, and filled their places with the bones of men. 15 Moreover the altar that was at Bethel, and the high place which Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel sin, had made, both that altar and the high place he broke down; and he burned the high place and crushed it to powder, and burned the wooden image. 16 As Josiah turned, he saw the tombs that were there on the mountain. And he sent and took the bones out of the tombs and burned them on the altar, and defiled it according to the word of the Lord which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words. 17 Then he said, “What gravestone is this that I see?” So the men of the city told him, “It is the tomb of the man of God who came from Judah and proclaimed these things which you have done against the altar of Bethel.” 18 And he said, “Let him alone; let no one move his bones.” So they let his bones alone, with the bones of the prophet who came from Samaria. 19 Now Josiah also took away all the shrines of the high places that were in the cities of Samaria, which the kings of Israel had made to provoke the Lord to anger; and he did to them according to all the deeds he had done in Bethel. 20 He executed all the priests of the high places who were there, on the altars, and burned men’s bones on them; and he returned to Jerusalem. 21 Then the king commanded all the people, saying, “Keep the Passover to the Lord your God, as it is written in this Book of the Covenant.” 22 Such a Passover surely had never been held since the days of the judges who judged Israel, nor in all the days of the kings of Israel and the kings of Judah. 23 But in the eighteenth year of King Josiah this Passover was held before the Lord in Jerusalem. 24 Moreover Josiah put away those who consulted mediums and spiritists, the household gods and idols, all the abominations that were seen in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord. 25 Now before him there was no king like him, who turned to the Lord with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the Law of Moses; nor after him did any arise like him.
Impending Judgment on Judah
26 Nevertheless the Lord did not turn from the fierceness of His great wrath, with which His anger was aroused against Judah, because of all the provocations with which Manasseh had provoked Him. 27 And the Lord said, “I will also remove Judah from My sight, as I have removed Israel, and will cast off this city Jerusalem which I have chosen, and the house of which I said, ‘My name shall be there.’”
Josiah Dies in Battle
28 Now the rest of the acts of Josiah, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? 29 In his days Pharaoh Necho king of Egypt went to the aid of the king of Assyria, to the River Euphrates; and King Josiah went against him. And Pharaoh Necho killed him at Megiddo when he confronted him. 30 Then his servants moved his body in a chariot from Megiddo, brought him to Jerusalem, and buried him in his own tomb. And the people of the land took Jehoahaz the son of Josiah, anointed him, and made him king in his father’s place.
The Reign and Captivity of Jehoahaz
31 Jehoahaz was twenty-three years old when he became king, and he reigned three months in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Hamutal the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah. 32 And he did evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his fathers had done. 33 Now Pharaoh Necho put him in prison at Riblah in the land of Hamath, that he might not reign in Jerusalem; and he imposed on the land a tribute of one hundred talents of silver and a talent of gold. 34 Then Pharaoh Necho made Eliakim the son of Josiah king in place of his father Josiah, and changed his name to Jehoiakim. And Pharaoh took Jehoahaz and went to Egypt, and he died there.
Jehoiakim Reigns in Judah
35 So Jehoiakim gave the silver and gold to Pharaoh; but he taxed the land to give money according to the command of Pharaoh; he exacted the silver and gold from the people of the land, from every one according to his assessment, to give it to Pharaoh Necho. 36 Jehoiakim was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Zebudah the daughter of Pedaiah of Rumah. 37 And he did evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his fathers had done.

A MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER
Take her hand in life, Lord
Help her to follow through
With the courage and determination
In all that she must do
Help her to know my love, Lord
Be me her daughter or her son
Let me show how much I love her
Before her life is done
Walk with her through life's garden, Lord
Where she's toiled many an hour
Give her the strength to say, "I'm tired"
Give her time to smell a flower
I'm not asking much, Lord
These simple requests from me
Just for the peace and tranquility
For my mother's life to be
Please heed my prayer, Lord
Guide her with Thy love
Watch over her gently, Lord
From your window up above
Ruth Staly

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply