Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 5/24

Perceptions may change, but God remains constant.

The moment we turn from our sin, we will find God’s grace.

Each one of us is valuable to the body of Christ.

God guides us through troubled waters to peace.

We must continue to trust God even when He doesn’t answer us immediately.

We must not hold on to earth’s treasures so firmly that our hands are too occupied to clasp God’s hands as He holds them out to us in love.

We must seek no personal recognition for what we are used by God to accomplish.

We mustn’t become so busy that life turns into a flurry of activity leaving us no room for quiet fellowship alone with God.

Let God Be God by Timothy Jackson, Jr.
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with his hand." (Psalm 37:23-24)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
As a child, I would try and cut the grass with my Dad. The lawnmower was wayyyyy too big for me, but I was only trying to help my dad out. One day he decided he was going to take a break.
But I didn’t feel like taking a break. So, when he went in the house, I began to cut the grass myself. Of course, it didn’t work out too well because the mower was too big for me and my Dad really didn’t need my help. I simply needed to learn how to let Dad do what he knew how to do.
There are times in our lives in which it seems like God has gone in the House and has forgotten about our situation. When we see that He is not moving, we decide to take matters into our own hands, only to end up messing things up. We have to learn to allow our Father to do what our Father knows how to do, when He wants to do it, and how he wants to do it.
As tempting as it gets, we cannot give in to the self-induced temptation to help God out, because the situations we face are wayyyyy too big for us to handle. Therefore, it’s time to put down the mental calculators, put away our clocks, put away our solutions, put our ideas aside, step away, and simply “let God be God.” Be blessed!

Do You Consult God First? by Ron Hutcraft
One of the most dramatic scientific advances in my lifetime has been those amazing space shuttle flights. Apparently, they're behind us now, but they sure did make aeronautical and science history. We got to hear space news on a pretty regular basis and watch those dramatic launches. We'd hear conversations from space.
You could hear the familiar sound of the conversation between the NASA Mission Control Center and the astronauts up there. The space day would begin with a wake-up song from Houston. They'd play something that would say, "Good morning!" Then they would communicate back and forth all day long. Of course, they were in constant communication. When you're living in an environment where so much could go wrong; it's real important to do that.
"'Woe to the obstinate children', declares the Lord." Who are those? "Those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin; who go down to Egypt without consulting me; who look for help to Pharaoh's protection, to Egypt's shade for refuge. But Pharaoh's protection will be to your shame. Everyone will be put to shame because of a people useless to them, who bring neither help nor advantage, but only shame and disgrace." (Isaiah 30:1-3)
This is a description of God's people "off course". They're off on their own. They've made some plans, they've made some alliances, they've asked for some help. But it's only going to lead to shame and disgrace. Why are they off course? Well, he said they planned, but "not by my Spirit." They've gone ahead "without consulting me."
Imagine if our astronauts had only communicated with Mission Control at launch time, and then as soon as they were safely up, they went off and did what they pleased; no input all day from the data that they have at Mission Control? Well, that would be dumb!
And then, the only other time they would contact Mission Control was when a crisis developed. I can just imagine Houston coming back and saying, "If you'd been in touch with us all along, there might not have been a crisis." Or, "We could have helped you correct it when it was small."
I've done that so many times in my relationship with Mission Control - I mean my Heavenly Father. Have you? We have a good time talking when we're launching something. As the day begins, I spend my time with the Lord, and we talk through the issues of that day. And then, of course, I run to Him when trouble develops. But I neglect the points in between. I tend to neglect that regular communication throughout the non-crisis details of the day to just stop for a moment and say, "Which one, Lord? Which way should I go on this? Who's the right person? What's the best way to answer this? What's the best way to solve this?"
Listen to those words. They're haunting words. God says, "You've proceeded without consulting me. You're carrying out plans that are not mine." We don't mean to. It just happens because we do not stay in close, all day communication when those little choices are being made that make the big choices. Many crises are the result of everyday decisions we make without consulting our "Commander".
We need to consciously practice what Jesus calls "abiding in Him." Not just visiting. Abiding in Him! Like those astronauts, we need to stay in constant contact with Mission Control.

The Place of Nothingness Author Unknown
Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10)
Do you find yourself in a place of nothingness? There is a time and place in our walk with God in which He sets us in a place of isolation and waiting. It is a place in which all past experiences are of no value. It is a time of such stillness that it can disturb the most faithful if we do not understand that He is the one who has brought us to this place for only a season. It is as if God has placed a wall around us. No new opportunities - simply inactivity.
During these times, God is calling us aside to fashion something new in us. It is a place of nothingness designed to call us to deeper roots of prayer and faith. It is not a comfortable place, especially for a task-driven workplace believer. Our nature cries out, "You must do something" while God is saying, "Be still and know that I am God."
You know the signs that you have been brought into this place when He has removed many things from your life and you can't seem to change anything. Perhaps you are unemployed. Perhaps you are laid up with an illness.
Many people live a very planned and orchestrated life where they know almost everything that will happen. But for people in whom God is performing a deeper work, He brings them into a time of quietness that seems almost eerie. They cannot see what God is doing. They just know that He is doing a work that cannot be explained to themselves or to others.
Has God brought you to a place of nothingness? Be still and know that He really is God. When this happens, your nothingness will be turned into something you will value for the rest of your life.

Step It Up by Sally I. Kennedy
…meant it for evil, but God meant it for good Genesis 50:20
Ever wonder why things seem to go wrong when you are trying to do everything right? Chances are it has nothing to do with you. Every time things happen, that the enemy means for bad in your life, God is able to turn it around.
I’ve heard it described as a baseball game; one inning the other team scores. Then the Lord has to step it up a notch and He wins the next inning, etcetc Keep in mind He will prevail. He alone is sovereign; He alone is the LORD. Always was, still is, always will be.
Put Him first in your life; He'll give you everything else you need. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 And remember you are an overcomer! You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 And, everyone born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:4
Trust him in the middle of the inning, when it is not going so well, to turn things around for you. He will step it up and take care of whatever it is that’s going on in your life, and meet you at that point of need. My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
That’s good news.

Tragedy Into Blessing Author Unknown
Years ago in Scotland, the Clark family had a dream. Clark and his wife worked and saved, making plans for their nine children and themselves to travel to the United States. It had taken years, but they had finally saved enough money and had gotten passports and reservations for the whole family on a new liner to the United States.
The entire family was filled with anticipation and excitement about their new life. However, seven days before their departure, the youngest son was bitten by a dog. The doctor sewed up the boy but hung a yellow sheet on the Clarks' front door. Because of the possibility of rabies, they were being quarantined for fourteen days.
The family's dreams were dashed. They would not be able to make the trip to America as they had planned. The father, filled with disappointment and anger, stomped to the dock to watch the ship leave - without the Clark family. The father shed tears of disappointment and cursed both his son and God for their misfortune.
Five days later, the tragic news spread throughout Scotland - the mighty Titanic had sunk. The unsinkable ship had sunk, taking hundreds of lives with it. The Clark family was to have been on that ship, but because the son had been bitten by a dog, they were left behind in Scotland.
When Mr. Clark heard the news, he hugged his son and thanked him for saving the family. He thanked God for saving their lives and turning what he had felt was a tragedy into a blessing.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Abundantly Grateful By: Tom Norvell
Sometimes words come slowly. My head and my heart are filled with so many thoughts that it is difficult to bring any single thought out into the open. As I clear my mind and open my heart the thought that surfaces is that of being abundantly grateful.
I find myself feeling grateful for life. The sixty plus years I have lived have been good and blessed and filled with joy. Yes, there have been (and surely will be) times of deep sorrow and great pain, but gratitude is the theme of this morning. Thank You, Giver of life, for bringing me into this world to enjoy Your creation and experience the "abundant life" You have given me.
I sense this abundant gratitude when I look at my wife and my children, their spouses, and my granddaughter. They are healthy. They are beautiful. They are living in and through Your Spirit. They are walking in Your ways and loving Your people. When I have time with them in any form I am filled with abundant joy for the blessing of these people.
I feel abundant gratitude when I look at Your creation. What a world You have made! There is so much of it I have never seen, and will never seen, but there is so much of it that I have seen. The ocean. The mountains. The forests. The cities. The rivers and streams. The view from an airplane. The view from a walkway through the green places. The sunrises I have seen. The sunsets I have marveled at the colors and the peacefulness of a day well spent as it ends.
I feel abundant gratitude for the people. My family, my friends, my colleagues, my coworkers, the people I have spent decades with sharing our journey through this world. Each one has played a role in shaping my view of life, enhancing my view of people, and enlarging my view of God.
I am abundantly grateful for the people I know only as "that man", or "that woman", or "that boy", or "that girl". I am abundantly grateful for the man or woman I exchanged eye contact with for a brief moment on a sidewalk, in a hall, or across a crowded room. The woman selling papers on the street corner. The young man ringing up my groceries at the super market. The countless men and women who have served me a meal, cleaned a room, given me change, cleaned my shirts, or greeted me with a smile. I am abundantly grateful for God's timing and the way He placed each one there in my midst for that brief moment.
I am abundantly grateful for times of rest. I am grateful for those rare times when there has been no schedule, there has been no agenda, and the only plan for the day has been to enjoy it to the fullest. There are times when the question, "What is next?" has been replaced with "Let�s enjoy this moment." There are times when sleep is more important than seeing the sunrise, or finishing the project, or sending the email. I am abundantly grateful for those times with I have heeded God's invitation to "Come away with me and get some rest," when I have taken his yoke upon me, and when I have just been still and reflected upon God.
I am abundantly grateful for memories. Memories of moments that happen only once in a life time. Memories of moments that are repeated and relived every Sunday, every summer, every Christmas holiday, and every time any part of God's family gathers. Memories that are more vivid than the photographs, speak louder and more clearly than the video recordings. Memories that are housed deep in our hearts and dwell in our souls.
I am abundantly grateful for the love that I have experienced. The love I have received from God. The love I received from my family, from my friends, from my brothers and sisters in Christ, and from strangers. I am grateful for those special God-moments when I have been able to reflect some of that love into the life of another human being.
God is on His throne. Jesus is Lord. My heart is full. My soul is well. I am abundantly grateful.

That Room by Sally I. Kennedy
"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known." (Luke 8:17; 12:2)
“Just that room!” she exclaimed. “You can go in any of the other rooms; just don’t go in that room…..it’s a mess!”
Our hostess was more than gracious, and their home was lovely. We were being treated royally and enjoying every minute of our brief stay with them. She asked if I would like a tour of the house; I replied, “Sure!”
When we got to the room with the door shut, she cracked it and laughed. I peeked in, and quickly glimpsed all the stuff thrown in there to get it out of the way. She rolled her eyes and explained, “That’s why I said ‘Don’t go in that room’!”
That room happened to also be where the computer lived, and wouldn’t you know it, all of us eventually trooped in there to get email, and print out boarding passes, before the evening ended. So what was closed off, so no one could see, was seen by everyone.
Later I was thinking about how easy it is for me to partition things off, to separate my life into compartments. I’ve had areas in my life, or in my heart, that I’ve closed the door on. A room full of junk, things that I didn’t want to take care of, put away, sort out, get rid of. A little ugly black bag of unforgiveness, a small pile of resentments, etc etc. You get the idea.
Hopefully, prayerfully, I’ve dealt with the stuff that I thought no one could see. And too, hopefully, prayerfully if things begin to accumulate in a similar way, may I give those things up as well.
God is patient to houseclean, sure to forgive, and merciful to restore, even “that room”.
That's good news.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, I am doing a unique and powerful work in you that will change how you see not only My kingdom, but the world. It will be as though a fog has lifted. You will be able to see with greater clarity than ever and to move forward with certainty. Presumption will melt away as you begin to see everything for what it is and how it relates to you. Press through your self-focus into the spiritual light of truth, says the Lord. Psalms 117:2 For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!

I am making a very clear distinction between responses that come by way of My Spirit and those that emanate from religious culture. I will bring to light and reveal every expression that does not come from a pure spirit, says the Lord. The time of regeneration will begin with awareness and a willingness to follow Me with a heart of love. Be transformed! Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Brace yourself for shaking. Everything that can be shaken is being shaken. This is a time when everything that cannot withstand this spiritual earthquake will be torn down and become rubble. You will be tempted to try to keep things together and protect what cannot be saved. Let the storm have it's way and come to completion before you try to rebuild, says the Lord. Hebrews 12:27 Now this, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain."

I have given you the right of passage through these dire straits and difficult ways. I will show you the way through every situation with precision and extraordinary discernment and insight. These are days to keep your mouth shut and learn to look and listen so that you can see and hear spiritually, says the Lord. Trust Me to lead you to safety. Psalms 12:5 "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he yearns."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
On this day my question before the Lord was, "What, Lord, what? What is this heaviness, this whirlwind that seems to bring chaotic conditions and uncertainty? A time, Lord when it seems I must remain very quiet to maintain my peace, a time when I just want to hide and watch, for my soul is restless, and my spirit is disquieted within me." And this was His answer to me: Tell My children that this is the time of renewal from the washing of the blood and water to the cleansing by wind and fire. In this visitation I am cleansing My bride. I am in process of restoring My church. I am restoring the revelation of the power of My blood that will be birthed into the hearts of the quiet ones, and it shall come with the wind and fire of Pentecost. If My children shall yield, every bondage will now be broken, and resurrection life will spring forth. Refuse to sow to the flesh in these times of whirlwinds. Instead, let My wind remove from you the old things and refuse to sow to the winds of self-consciousness that Satan is bringing. It is now time to discern between My cleansing wind and Satan's winds of adversity, says Almighty God.

"WAIT" by Russell Kelfer
Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried,
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."
"Wait? You say, wait! " my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By Faith, I have asked, and I am claiming your Word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and YOU tell me to "WAIT"?
I'm needing a 'yes', a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign.
And Lord, You promised that if we believe
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master said once again, "Child, you must wait."
So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting... for what?"
He seemed, then, to kneel, and His eyes wept with mine,
And he tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want - But, you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint.
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When darkness and silence were all you could see.
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I save... (for a start),
But you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST.
You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that "My grace is sufficient for Thee."
Yes, your dreams for your loved one overnight would come true,
But, Oh, the Loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So, be silent, My Child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And though oft may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still, "WAIT."

Inspiration by Nancy Burr
I need some inspiration
to help me write again.
I’ve not had much encouragement
and writing is a strain.
I love the Lord with all my heart
He fills my life each day.
But something holds me back these days
and I don’t have much to say.
I want to write a song of praise
for my Lord up above.
I long to tell the world of Him
for He’s the God of love.
I long to share my heart and soul
so other then will see.
That Jesus gave his life for them
so they can be set free.
I long to tell this hurting world
that Jesus is the way.
It's Him they really need to know
they need to know today.
That no matter what they face
to look to God above.
He’ll help them through and give them hope
And fill their hearts with love.
I need some inspiration
so I’ll turn to my sweet Lord.
He is my inspiration
and my greatest reward.
When I keep my eyes on Him
that’s when the words do start.
And I pray that He will use those words
to touch someone’s heart.

If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

The world and its cravings are passing away, but the person who does the will of God remains forever. 1 John 2:17

[The Lord says,] “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2

18 “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:18

16 Doubtless You are our Father, Though Abraham was ignorant of us, And Israel does not acknowledge us. You, O Lord, are our Father; Our Redeemer from Everlasting is Your name. Israel 63:16

For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother." - Matthew 12:50

For whom the Lord loves, he chastens, And scourges every son whom he receives." It is for discipline that you endure. God deals with you as with children, for what son is there whom his father doesn't discipline? - Hebrews 12:6-7

Repent, Remove, Rejoice by Pat Earl
In the warm glow of lamp light, the family room looked ready and welcoming for relatives visiting from the west. In the bright sunlight of morning, a different story appeared. There, to my chagrin, on the black DVD, DVR and cable box appeared layers of fine dust, hidden from sight in the darkened room, but in the bright light of morning, there for all to see. This scene reminded me of a verse in scripture: Psalm 90:8 - "You have set our iniquities before You. Our secret sin in the light of Your countenance."
We may think our sins are hidden where no one can see, but Almighty God knows. He is light and there is nothing hidden from His sight. As a layer of dust separates me from being a calm, relaxed hostess, so, too, does sin in our lives separate us from our heavenly Father: "Your iniquities have separated you from your God and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2)
When my eyes see the dust and the prick of guilt strikes my being, what do I do? I grab my Swiffer, rub vigorously and remove those pesky dust bunnies. When the Holy Spirit convicts our souls of sin, what do we do? We run to our Heavenly Father and confess our sins.
Confession is a combination of two Greek words - "homos" meaning same and "lego" meaning to say. Confession, therefore, means to agree with God, to see sin as God sees it and to acknowledge it is wrong. When we repent sincerely, we turn 180 degrees away from thoughts, words or actions which have been disobedient to God's word. We humble ourselves, rebuke the enemy, and draw close to our Heavenly Father.
God, for His part, is waiting for us to recognize our sin and turn to Him: "Lord, you are good and ready to forgive. In the day of my trouble, I will call to You and You will answer me." (Psalm 86:5a,7) When we confess, He forgives and removes our sin from us as far as the east is from the west: "I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.'" (Psalm 32:5)
When my house is clean, I can relax and enjoy visits with company. When our hearts are clean, we have a wonderful peace and a joy that is contagious. Not only do we have joy, but there is rejoicing in heaven: "Likewise I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." (Luke 15:10)
We've grown up learning our three R's - readin', 'ritin' and 'rithmatic. Even more important are three different R's - Repent, Remove, Rejoice. We repent, God removes, and we all rejoice. Thanks be to God for His wonderful words of wisdom!

Thank you, God, that you never change. Our understanding of you may change, but you forever remain the same. Help us to look for the many ways you touch us with your love and care every day. Amen.prayer

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 25
The Fall and Captivity of Judah
1 Now it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, on the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and all his army came against Jerusalem and encamped against it; and they built a siege wall against it all around. 2 So the city was besieged until the eleventh year of King Zedekiah. 3 By the ninth day of the fourth month the famine had become so severe in the city that there was no food for the people of the land. 4 Then the city wall was broken through, and all the men of war fled at night by way of the gate between two walls, which was by the king’s garden, even though the Chaldeans were still encamped all around against the city. And the king went by way of the plain. 5 But the army of the Chaldeans pursued the king, and they overtook him in the plains of Jericho. All his army was scattered from him. 6 So they took the king and brought him up to the king of Babylon at Riblah, and they pronounced judgment on him. 7 Then they killed the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes, put out the eyes of Zedekiah, bound him with bronze fetters, and took him to Babylon. 8 And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month (which was the nineteenth year of King Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon), Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, came to Jerusalem. 9 He burned the house of the Lord and the king’s house; all the houses of Jerusalem, that is, all the houses of the great, he burned with fire. 10 And all the army of the Chaldeans who were with the captain of the guard broke down the walls of Jerusalem all around. 11 Then Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive the rest of the people who remained in the city and the defectors who had deserted to the king of Babylon, with the rest of the multitude. 12 But the captain of the guard left some of the poor of the land as vinedressers and farmers. 13 The bronze pillars that were in the house of the Lord, and the carts and the bronze Sea that were in the house of the Lord, the Chaldeans broke in pieces, and carried their bronze to Babylon. 14 They also took away the pots, the shovels, the trimmers, the spoons, and all the bronze utensils with which the priests ministered. 15 The firepans and the basins, the things of solid gold and solid silver, the captain of the guard took away. 16 The two pillars, one Sea, and the carts, which Solomon had made for the house of the Lord, the bronze of all these articles was beyond measure. 17 The height of one pillar was eighteen cubits, and the capital on it was of bronze. The height of the capital was three cubits, and the network and pomegranates all around the capital were all of bronze. The second pillar was the same, with a network. 18 And the captain of the guard took Seraiah the chief priest, Zephaniah the second priest, and the three doorkeepers. 19 He also took out of the city an officer who had charge of the men of war, five men of the king’s close associates who were found in the city, the chief recruiting officer of the army, who mustered the people of the land, and sixty men of the people of the land who were found in the city. 20 So Nebuzaradan, captain of the guard, took these and brought them to the king of Babylon at Riblah. 21 Then the king of Babylon struck them and put them to death at Riblah in the land of Hamath. Thus Judah was carried away captive from its own land.
Gedaliah Made Governor of Judah
22 Then he made Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, governor over the people who remained in the land of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had left. 23 Now when all the captains of the armies, they and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah governor, they came to Gedaliah at Mizpah—Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, Johanan the son of Careah, Seraiah the son of Tanhumeth the Netophathite, and Jaazaniah the son of a Maachathite, they and their men. 24 And Gedaliah took an oath before them and their men, and said to them, “Do not be afraid of the servants of the Chaldeans. Dwell in the land and serve the king of Babylon, and it shall be well with you.” 25 But it happened in the seventh month that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, the son of Elishama, of the royal family, came with ten men and struck and killed Gedaliah, the Jews, as well as the Chaldeans who were with him at Mizpah. 26 And all the people, small and great, and the captains of the armies, arose and went to Egypt; for they were afraid of the Chaldeans.
Jehoiachin Released from Prison
27 Now it came to pass in the thirty-seventh year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, that Evil-Merodach king of Babylon, in the year that he began to reign, released Jehoiachin king of Judah from prison. 28 He spoke kindly to him, and gave him a more prominent seat than those of the kings who were with him in Babylon. 29 So Jehoiachin changed from his prison garments, and he ate bread regularly before the king all the days of his life. 30 And as for his provisions, there was a regular ration given him by the king, a portion for each day, all the days of his life.

Dear Father, we have sinned, and we fear that you will reject us because of it. Help us to accept your grace and draw close to you. Lord Jesus, you came and served the world. Help us to see the ways we can follow your example in serving others. Help us remember that you always guide us through the storms of life and on to safety. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply