Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Be Who You Are

A Bible Devotion

Be Who You Are

1 CORINTHIANS 15:10 NIV 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am....

ROMANS 12:2 WUEST 2 And stop assuming an outward expression that does not come from within you and is not representative of what you are in your inner being but is patterned after this age; but change your outward expression to one that comes from within and is representative of your inner being, by the renewing of your mind, resulting in your putting to the test what is the will of God, the good and well-pleasing and complete will, and having found that it meets specifications, place your approval upon it.

God is a brilliant Creator. He only makes originals -- not copies. According to Ephesians 2:10, you are God's work of art.

God made you unique. So be all that God created you to be.

Don't try to be someone else. Don't try to be an ear in the Body of Christ, if God made you a foot. Just be yourself.

This does not mean that you cannot improve, or grow. Growth is part of God's plan. And we can certainly learn from others, and imitate excellent actions and attitudes.

But too many people are insecure and hope to gain acceptance from others by conforming to what they think will make them popular or successful -- even though they hate it and know they are not being real.

ROMANS 12:2 PHILLIPS 2 Don't let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould....

Don't let the world pressure you into conforming.

Express the originality that God put within you. God made you the way you are for a purpose -- His purpose.

This is not to encourage rebellion, of course. But it is not God's plan for us all to be identical and do everything in the same way.

I am not saying you have to try to be different. Just be who God made you -- without fear.

Not everyone may like you, or what you do. But that is normal. You can't always please everyone. Make it your aim to please God by expressing what He made you.

ROMANS 12:2 NLT 2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

The Bible reveals many truths about who we are once we receive Jesus Christ. We actually receive new life, a new standing with God, and new ability. As you feed the Word of God into your thinking, that new life will be able to manifest more and more.

SAY THIS: I am what I am by the grace of God. I will be what God made me and fulfill His plan for me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply