Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 1/18

God's love flowing through us to others can change the world. It can help us make a difference for good in the world. We are not perfect, but the Spirit of God can make us instruments of grace, forgiveness, love, and peace.

No matter how badly we mishandle our lives, God does not forget us. God’s love and forgiveness are always available to give us a new start.

God’s word is powerful. When God’s word is proclaimed and shared, it is like a seed that germinates when the climate is right. Then sun, rain, and caring hands contribute to its growth. We are God’s farm hands to proclaim the good news — some planting, some nurturing, some seeing the harvest.

Each one of us uniquely brings God’s image into the world.

When we feel so discouraged that we are sure no one understands, remember that God knows every problem and sees every tear.

When faced with important decisions, we should ask God’s direction first, He may send His answer in a number of ways, often in the form of advice from others.

When temptation knocks, let God answer the door.

When problems arise, before we ask, why us, ask if God trying to say something to us through this?

Quieted With His Love by Tom Norvell
As I worked my way through some devotional readings, I came across this passage: "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
I thought of my life. I thought of what the passage says about God and how He feels about me. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in me. He will quiet me with his love. He will rejoice over me. I confess that although I do not know if I fully understand what it means to be quieted by His love, I do know that there is something inside me that says, "I need that, Lord!" As I pondered more, I prayed, "Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, I get loud sometimes. Not so much verbally loud, but my spirit gets loud. My heart gets loud. My mind gets loud. The world around me gets loud and the loudness overwhelms me to the point that everything within me and around me seems to be loud. So, Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In these times of unrest and confusion in our nation and world, I need to be quieted by your love, dear Lord. Decisions are being made that may well change the way we live and function as a people. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
As the years pass more rapidly than my mind can comprehend, I need to be quieted with Your love.
I cannot keep up. I try, but I seem to fall farther and farther behind. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of discouragement when I have failed to live like You have asked me to live, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times of disappointment over dreams that have faded and when other people have failed to live up to my expectations, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of loss and my heart has been broken, I need to be quieted by your love. In times of sadness when a joyful spirit seems too much to consider, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of suffering and pain as the result of another's actions or my own, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when others are suffering because of my actions and I am helpless to undo what I have done, I need to be quieted by Your love. And they need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of distress and anxiety over all that I must do, or feel that I must do, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when life is so loud that I cannot hear my own thoughts, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
Unless You quiet me with Your love, dear Lord, my life will surely be filled with noises that may drown Your voice from my ears. Lord, I need to be quieted by Your love.
When I remind myself that You are with me, when I contemplate Your power, when I consider that You take great delight in me and when I think of You rejoicing over me with singing because of Your love for me, I am quieted. My heart is quieted. My spirit rests. "Lord, You have quieted me with Your love."
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

The Latest and Greatest by Marji "Mike" Kruger
I love having the newest technology. I confess I fall prey to the promises from the latest and greatest gadgets on the market. I guess I justify it because of having an Internet ministry. Needless to say, an ad for a new device recently caught my attention.
The bait was cast and I was hooked. Would this new gadget allow me to do more, faster? More emails. More text messages. More Internet connections to remote parts of the world. More efficiency was promised. Could that mean more ministry? Or would it mean more enslavement to technology?
It's easy to buy into the empty promises of our world. Paul understood our struggles. In Philippians 3:8 he wrote: "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" (NIV). Paul understood what was important, his relationship with Christ.
I hope that I always pursue my relationship with God more fervently than my pursuit of the latest technology. How about you? What's your pursuit?
A prayer to pray: Lord, renew my passion to know You better. I want a deeper relationship with You today than what I had yesterday. May I finish the day knowing that I have stayed in step with Your Spirit. I don't want to know You in a superficial way...I want to love You personally, passionately, and devotedly.
P.S. I passed on the new piece of equipment!

The Geese Author Unknown
There was once a man who didn't believe in God, and he didn't hesitate to let others know how he felt about religion and religious holidays.
His wife, however, did believe and she raised their children to have faith in God and the Lord Jesus Christ despite his disparaging comments. On one snowy Christmas Eve, his wife was taking their two children to a special Christmas Eve service in the farm community in which they lived. They were to talk about the birth of Jesus that night. She asked him to come along just like she had done so many times before, but he refused her once again...
"That story is nonsense!" he barked. "Why would God lower Himself to come to Earth as a man? That's ridiculous!"
So she and the children left, and he stayed home.
A while later, the winds grew stronger and the snow turned into a blizzard. As the man looked out the window, all he saw was a blinding snowstorm. He then sat down to relax before the fire for the evening when he heard a very loud thump... Something had hit the window...so He looked out but couldn't see more than a few feet. When the snow let up a little, he ventured outside to see what could have been beating on his window.
In the field near his house he saw a flock of wild geese. Apparently they had been flying south for the winter when they got caught in the snowstorm and couldn't go on. They were lost and stranded on his farm, with no food or shelter. They just flapped their wings and flew around the field in low circles, blindly and aimlessly. And a couple of them had flown into his window, it seemed.
The man felt sorry for the geese and wanted to help them. The barn would be a great place for them to stay, he thought. It's warm and safe; surely they could spend the night and wait out the storm. So he walked over to the barn and opened the doors wide, then watched and waited hoping they would notice the open barn and go inside. But the geese just fluttered around aimlessly and didn't seem to notice the barn or realize what it could mean for them. The man tried to get their attention by waving a lantern, but that just seemed to scare them, and they moved further away. He went into the house and came with some bread, broke it up, and made a breadcrumb trail leading to the barn, but they still didn't catch on.
Now he was getting frustrated. He got behind them and tried to shoo them toward the barn, but they only got more scared and scattered in every direction except toward the opened barn doors. Nothing he did could get them to go into the barn where they would be warm and safe.
"Why don't they follow me?!" he exclaimed. "Can't they see this is the only place where they can survive the storm?"
He thought for a moment and realized that they just wouldn't follow a human. "If only I were a goose, then I could save them," he said out loud. Then he had an idea! He went into barn, got one of his own geese and carried it in his arms as he circled around behind the flock of wild geese. He then released it.
His goose flew through the flock and straight into the barn – and one-by-one, the other geese followed it to safety. He stood silently for a moment as the words he had spoken a few minutes earlier replayed loudly in his mind: "If only I were a goose, then I could save them!" Then he thought about what he had said to his wife earlier that evening. "Why would God want to be like us? That's ridiculous!"
Suddenly it all made perfect sense to him. That is what God had done! We were like the geese – blind, lost, and perishing. God had His Son become like us so He could show us the way, and save us!
As the winds and blinding snow died down, his soul became quiet and pondered this wonderful thought. Suddenly he understood why Jesus Christ had come. Years of doubt and disbelief vanished with the passing storm. He fell to his knees in the snow, and prayed his first prayer:
"Thank You, God, for coming in human form to get me out of the storm!"

"It must be raining" By Bob Perks
The images flash across my television screen as I sit there in the comfort of my home.
"It's that time of year again," I thought to myself.
Then realizing how foolish that was to say, I sat up in my chair and watched closer.
The news reporter was telling the story of one of many food banks in our area that were serving those in need of the basics for the holidays.
This particular place had both food and clothing. Food for the body and warm second hand coats for children.
"It's that time of year again," replayed in my mind.
I meant that throughout the holidays we see such reports over and over, unlike the other 11 months when the same people are hungry, in need of clothing, basic services and a little help with life.
Maybe I said it because I was becoming numb to it all, like watching the same commercials a hundred times.
I was about to feel the real impact of it all.
I was sitting at the counter having breakfast at a local diner the next day.
It's a small "quaint" place. Local people, husband and wife cook and serve.
A man walked in and sat next to me. There is little elbow room as it is and he was a big fellow.
On top of the milk dispenser is a small television placed there for both the customers enjoyment and the owners when things get slow.
It just so happened that the news was on and once again that same report on the food bank. This time it included more information and a few interviews of some of the people who participated.
There was a little girl looking through the coats.
The reporter asked her if she found something that fit.
She turned toward the camera and smiled. She flipped her soft brown hair up over the collar as she pulled and tugged at the front to make sure it would zipper properly.
"I like this store. Mommy said I could have any coat I wanted, but I'm getting this one for my friend. Her daddy won't come here. Mommy ays he's too proud. Whatever that means. All I know is Mandy needs a coat."
Out of the corner of my eye I could see the man next to me lower his head. Without looking up he fumbled for a napkin and began to wipe his eyes.
"Incredibly sad, isn't it?" I said.
He didn't respond.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Yes," he said quietly.
"Hey, don't feel bad, I've shed many tears through the holidays for those who don't have nearly as much as I and I am in no way financially set for life," I told him.
"I'm a writer. I live on my dreams," I added.
He turned toward me. I could still see the dampness of tear filled eyes. He raised is hand to his chest and pointing at himself he said..."I'm Mandy's father. That's the first I've seen that. The little girl goes to school with my daughter."
Oh, my god! My chest tightened, my hands shook and I shared in his tears.
"It must be raining," he joked.
We spoke for a few more minutes about how he felt and what he needed to do.
Turns out he's unemployed for more than a year now and doing odd jobs to pay bills.
We said our goodbyes and I approached the register.
I whispered that I wanted his check.
"He only gets coffee," she said.
"Well, here. This is for my meal, his coffee and tell him this is for Mandy. He'll understand."
Many years ago I spoke at my friend's church in Atlanta, The Ark of Salvation.
A woman came up to me and said God told her to give me everything she had in her wallet. I was shaken by the thought and began to refuse it. Things were better for me back then. I couldn't justify what she offered.
God spoke to me as I listened to her explain.
"It isn't very much, but God said that it would multiply. Please take it."
I did. I shared the story with Nathaniel Bronner, the pastor of the church and he smiled assuring me I did the right thing.
It was $57. I always carry it with me until this very day. I give it away and replace it. It has indeed multiplied many times.
God is an amazing God Who has never failed to replace that $57 each and every time I use it.
I turned to walk away and another man sitting at the counter grabbed my arm and said... "I overheard your conversation with that man. I'll help him, too."
He then wiped his eyes and said, "He's right. It must be raining."
There's a lot of hope and inspiration there...especially when "It must be raining."

The Rolls Royce Author Unknown
The great British automaker Rolls Royce takes great pride in the reliability of their handcrafted automobiles. An obviously wealthy owner of a Rolls took it to Europe on an extended trip. While traveling in France the car had some mechanical problem. He called the Rolls Royce factory and asked that they send out a mechanic immediately to fix the problem.
The company responded in royal fashion. They put a mechanic on a private jet with all of the necessary tools and flew him over to France to make the repairs. The owner was so wealthy that he wasn't at all concerned about the cost, and he would not spare any expense to assure that his beloved Rolls Royce was properly repaired.
However, after several months he realized he had not recieved a bill for the repair. He directed his secretary to contact the Rolls Royce factory to inquire about the charges. He received a prompt reply from the Rolls Royce company. With typical British aplomb, it said simply, "We have no recollection or record of any Rolls Royce having ever had a breakdown or being in need of repair anywhere in France."
When we repent and ask God to fix things that have resulted from sin in our lives, like Rolls Royce, he fixes it and doesn't have any recollection of the problem, and he NEVER sends a bill.
"For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Jeremiah 31:34

Submitting To One Another by Os Hillman
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. – Ephesians 5:21
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. – Proverbs 31:11
Angie and I had been married three years. She was thirty-six; I was forty-five when we married. It was the most unlikely match, yet we knew without a doubt God brought us together to be married. We had both experienced a great deal of pain and hardship in our past relationships, but God used these hardships to bring us into an intimate relationship with Christ and each other. When we were married, we lived in my home that had been built in 1969. The heating system was no longer used in homes built today and the plumbing was a regular source of well-timed calamity, flooding our basement several times over. One time our septic tank backed up and we had to remove all the carpet from the basement. Not to mention the mildew that was a constant problem.
Shortly after marriage Angie was visiting her hairdresser who happened to say, “What has happened to your hair? It’s turning green!” Angie was obviously shocked and concerned. Her hairdresser inquired more and found that the well water in our house was reacting to her hair color. “You cannot shower and have your hair stay its correct color,” said her hairdresser. So, for the next two and a half years Angie began a routine that required her to wash her hair with bottled water in the kitchen sink. Now most women I know would have immediately said, “We are moving or do whatever it takes to solve this problem if you want me to live with you!” Finances were tight for us, which prevented us from investing in a water purification system. Angie became a real trouper. Every other week I would make my routine trip to the grocery story to fill up bottles of water, come home and Angie would place the water into a larger pan to heat before she used it. We often joked that Angie had always felt she was called to the mission field. We just didn’t think the bush conditions would be in our own home in north Atlanta.
Then one day our deliverance came. A commercial real estate company sold our property, and luckily for us, it did not matter what condition our house was in because the land was what the buyers wanted. It was a glorious day! We could now move! You can only imagine Angie’s excitement. She was a woman who looked forward to a simple hair washing in a shower.
So, our search began. We knew the Lord had a home just for us. For the next several months we looked at several houses. Finally, we found one that seemed great. I absolutely loved the house, even though it would require some work to be done. For some reason, Angie did not have a peace about the house. She saw my obvious enthusiasm for the home, but she was still troubled. I thought that if we could resolve her concerns, she would be ok with it. (Isn’t that like most of us men, we will fix the problem – her.) However, as we resolved each issue, she still did not have peace. She often felt I was pressuring her to make a decision for this home. Though not intentional, I was making it hard for her to be objective. One commitment I made in our marriage was that we would not make any major decisions that both of us did not have total peace about. I have learned that my wife does not have to have a good reason for her lack of peace about something. Sometimes God places a check in her spirit and it cannot be rationally explained. So, after some time we decided against this home, even though my heart was still very much in favor of it. I had to admit I was disappointed. It was all I wanted in a home.
One day I received a call from a friend of mine who was aware of a woman who had just lost her husband through a sudden death and was considering selling. My friend asked if I was interested in seeing her home. I went to see the home and initially liked what I saw. During the conversation with the woman I could see she was in a great deal of pain. The Lord told me (in a quiet voice inside) to offer to pray for her, not knowing anything about her beliefs. She accepted my offer and I prayed for God to bring comfort to her in her loss of her husband. I did not press any spiritual issues with her at the time, as God seemed to say I was to simply pray for her. The next day I brought Angie to see the home. She loved it. A few days later we placed an offer on the home and she accepted.
I made an appointment to sign a purchase agreement. As we began to talk more I asked her if she had made a total commitment to the Lord Jesus. She said she had made a commitment in her past, but probably needed to recommit her life to Christ. I asked her if she would like to do that right now. She said she did. So, we bowed our heads and she followed my prayer of rededication for her life to Jesus Christ. The following week Angie and I spent more time talking and sharing with the grieving lady who was questioning God’s love for her. We were able to assure her the loss of her husband was not due to anything she had done, but that each of us has a time when we are called home.
It was a spiritual conclusion to a journey that began as a physical need, but ended in a spiritual victory for someone who needed the Savior’s love. Friend, life is filled with divine appointments awaiting our involvement. The problem often comes when we become so self-focused and set in our ways that we miss the blessing that God wants to bring our way. Angie and I looked back at the various steps in this story and realized the key steps were our commitment to having total agreement about a major decision and our willingness to see where God might be working in a situation.
Do you and your spouse have a major decision to make? Has God brought a divine appointment in your life today? Remember these two principles; be in agreement with one another, and watch and pray. He wants to meet your needs and use you to impact someone for the Kingdom of God, perhaps even this very day.
“Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.” –Ephesians 5:33

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, refuse to allow difficulties to outweigh your sense of victory. You must not give in to self-pity or feeling like a victim. Rise up in the strength I have provided to overcome. You will recognize that this is a supernatural work and that I am your God, your Deliverer, and your Healer, says the Lord. Be strong as you set yourself to break through. Psalms 70:5 But I am poor and needy; Mmke haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.

This is a time when the enemy will do what he can to cause you to be overwhelmed by your circumstances, responsibilities, or finances. You would do well to see this time as momentary. This will not last forever, and I will bring you through in victory. Refuse to overreact emotionally, and trust Me to give you the necessary resources and wisdom, says the Lord. Psalms 61:2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Take one step at a time and one day at a time to accomplish what is set before you. I am with you to empower you to meet every challenge and to overcome adversity, says the Lord. This is a time when your hope can become faith, and faith can become fact. This will ultimately be a strengthening time for you, a landmark that you will refer back to as a pivotal point in your spiritual growth. Be strong and resolute. Psalms 119:116 Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope.

Beloved, I would have you be aware of issues that may arise that would take you out of the flow of My Spirit by taking on responsibility for things h are not yours to deal with. Stop and think before you act. Not every act that seems good and kind is beneficial to you or to those around you. Ask Me for wisdom and confirmation of what you set your heart and hands to do. I will reveal My perfect will in every situation if you will sincerely seek My heart, says the Lord. Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

In a vision I saw people walking up a narrow and rocky path in single file, and I heard the Lord say: The road is long, and the way is narrow. You must pay attention to every step and be careful to not impede your own spiritual progression or the progress of others through careless disobedience or walking in the flesh. You must walk and live in the Spirit. Your safety depends on it. Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

JUST BECAUSE WE DON’T SEE GOD Author Unknown
Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of Passage?
His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him alone. He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He cannot cry out for help to anyone.
Once he survives the night, he is a man.
He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because each lad must come into manhood on his own. The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be all around him. Maybe even some human might do him harm. The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a man!
Finally, after a horrific night the sun appeared and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump next to him. He had been at watch the entire night, protecting his son from harm. We, too, are never alone. Even when we don't know it, God is watching over us, sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we have to do is reach out to Him.
Moral of the story: Just because you can't see God, doesn't mean He is not there.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come forth My people in this time and in the freshness of this new year. Rise up with expectation that abounds. Rise up with faith that reaches out and calls those things which are not as though they were. For, I have determined to visit you in unexpected ways and to bring the blessings of this season upon you. These blessings shall be new and fresh and such as you have not received before. I am doing a new thing in the land. I am establishing you in the center of My will--that place from which the power of the kingdom flows. And, it shall catch you and hold you and draw you into My purposes in this the season of divine order, says the Lord Almighty.

I challenge you to believe more so than you ever have before. I challenge you to depend upon Me more so than you ever have before. Test Me and see if I will not be the God who provides that which you need. Come now, My children, and believe. Come now and walk with Me. For, the way before you has been prepared. Find your way into My habitation and abide in it, for surely I will meet with you there. It is a place of security, safety, great joy and revelation--a place of knowing Me intimately. I love you and care for you. So, come. Come with faith. Cast aside your unbelief and your doubt and bring yourself fully into this habitation of joy. Enjoy your inheritance and the blessings of the kingdom that will now come, says the Lord.

JESUS, CAPTAIN OF LIFE’S SEA by Marilyn Ferguson
I have a friend in Jesus
Who guides me through the gale
A first mate and a skipper
Who helps me to set sail.
He offers strength and guidance
A helmsman at the wheel
An ever-steady beam of light
A fortress made of steel.
He’s the master of the ocean
My refuge and my rock
A harbor that I turn to
My anchor at life’s dock.
He’s a mighty sailing warrior
A helping hand indeed
A pilot through the churning waves
He meets my every need.
He’s the One I always run to
When the waves won’t let me be
The lighthouse that I turn to
On a rough and troubled sea.
He’s a smoothly sailing vessel
A refuge from the storm
The gentle breeze that sends me to
An island, sweet and warm.
He’s a brave and fearless skipper
A shelter from the heat
Water when I’m thirsty
A vessel filled with wheat.
He’s a sure and steady sailor
My Captain on life’s sea
No matter where I journey
He goes along with me.

Trust In Me by Nancy Burr
There are days when things don't go my way,
That's when I have to stop and pray.
Jesus hears my every plea,
And then He helps me see.
"My word is filled with promises for you,
I'll never leave you these words are true.
Just trust in me your whole life through,
and I'll take care of you".
There are days when all is fine,
That's why I praise Him all the time.
He fills my today and all my tomorrows,
And takes away all my sorrows.

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ Isaiah 41:13

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:3-5

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-22

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the LORD's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good? Deuteronomy 10:12-13

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Romans 16:17-18

For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
Many in One by Sally L. Kennedy
During a trip to visit relatives we drove to a house on the edge of town just off the highway. It was old, with peeling, faded and blistering paint. Once upon a time the side shutters had been red, and maybe even functional. The uneven boards on the front porch sloped making the whole house seem crooked. But inside, oh my! A delightful series of rooms with the most interesting items.
The front room was laden with a wonderful mixture. An antique desk piled with paperwork, which advertising a Notary. Orders, notes, and numbers tacked to the walls, heirloom family photos. I spotted a round wire basket full of chirping crickets. The container’s top somehow amazingly kept the insects from jumping out, even though there was no lid.
The owner had been working in one of the two back rooms. Rolls of ribbon were hanging from shelves by the vases and containers. A rusty coca-cola refrigerated case kept flowers and greenery fresh. The adjacent front room had a tiny table, a couple of chairs, small TV, and a cute itty bitty dog who was closely watching me.
This was one house, yet it had many components: a flower shop, bait shop, a notary, and possibly living quarters. Sort of the way a lot of different people comprise one family. Sort of the way a little baby was prophesied to be many different things in One person.
God is able, and willing, to meet us at our every point of need. He is many in One: our provider, protector, comforter, savior, redeemer, and friend. That’s exceedingly good news.

God of peace, work through us to make your ways known. Give us power to change lives. Help us to reach out to those who need to know that they are loved and that their lives matter. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 7
1 Then Elisha said, “Hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord: ‘Tomorrow about this time a seah of fine flour shall be sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley for a shekel, at the gate of Samaria.’” 2 So an officer on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God and said, “Look, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, could this thing be?”
And he said, “In fact, you shall see it with your eyes, but you shall not eat of it.”
The Syrians Flee
3 Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, “Why are we sitting here until we die? 4 If we say, ‘We will enter the city,’ the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. Now therefore, come, let us surrender to the army of the Syrians. If they keep us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall only die.” 5 And they rose at twilight to go to the camp of the Syrians; and when they had come to the outskirts of the Syrian camp, to their surprise no one was there. 6 For the Lord had caused the army of the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots and the noise of horses—the noise of a great army; so they said to one another, “Look, the king of Israel has hired against us the kings of the Hittites and the kings of the Egyptians to attack us!” 7 Therefore they arose and fled at twilight, and left the camp intact—their tents, their horses, and their donkeys—and they fled for their lives. 8 And when these lepers came to the outskirts of the camp, they went into one tent and ate and drank, and carried from it silver and gold and clothing, and went and hid them; then they came back and entered another tent, and carried some from there also, and went and hid it. 9 Then they said to one another, “We are not doing right. This day is a day of good news, and we remain silent. If we wait until morning light, some punishment will come upon us. Now therefore, come, let us go and tell the king’s household.” 10 So they went and called to the gatekeepers of the city, and told them, saying, “We went to the Syrian camp, and surprisingly no one was there, not a human sound—only horses and donkeys tied, and the tents intact.” 11 And the gatekeepers called out, and they told it to the king’s household inside. 12 So the king arose in the night and said to his servants, “Let me now tell you what the Syrians have done to us. They know that we are hungry; therefore they have gone out of the camp to hide themselves in the field, saying, ‘When they come out of the city, we shall catch them alive, and get into the city.’” 13 And one of his servants answered and said, “Please, let several men take five of the remaining horses which are left in the city. Look, they may either become like all the multitude of Israel that are left in it; or indeed, I say, they may become like all the multitude of Israel left from those who are consumed; so let us send them and see.” 14 Therefore they took two chariots with horses; and the king sent them in the direction of the Syrian army, saying, “Go and see.” 15 And they went after them to the Jordan; and indeed all the road was full of garments and weapons which the Syrians had thrown away in their haste. So the messengers returned and told the king. 16 Then the people went out and plundered the tents of the Syrians. So a seah of fine flour was sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley for a shekel, according to the word of the Lord. 17 Now the king had appointed the officer on whose hand he leaned to have charge of the gate. But the people trampled him in the gate, and he died, just as the man of God had said, who spoke when the king came down to him. 18 So it happened just as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, “Two seahs of barley for a shekel, and a seah of fine flour for a shekel, shall be sold tomorrow about this time in the gate of Samaria.” 19 Then that officer had answered the man of God, and said, “Now look, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, could such a thing be?” And he had said, “In fact, you shall see it with your eyes, but you shall not eat of it.” 20 And so it happened to him, for the people trampled him in the gate, and he died

Dear Lord Jesus, help us to give our life to you without holding back any part of it. Help us live in you and for you. Thank you, Lord, for creating us to reflect who you are. Help us to be faithful in doing so. Through Christ we pray. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply