Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Do You Have An Attitude Of Gratitude?

Do You Have An Attitude Of Gratitude?

By Laurie Bregman

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, and confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into successes, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."- Melodie Beattie

Focus on What You Have
People often tend to focus on what they don’t have instead of what they do have. When your attention is on lacking you will never feel fulfilled or satisfied … but when you begin to see all that you do have your life becomes richer then you ever thought possible. Living in gratitude raises your vibration and you begin to see abundance everywhere.
Have Gratitude
People with a strong sense of gratitude and appreciation don't necessarily have more than others; they just simply see more beauty in their lives.
Count Your Blessings
A study taken back in 2003 suggests that people who count their blessings are generally happier and healthier than people who don't.
Be Thankful
If you ever feel as if anything in your life isn't "enough", try practicing an attitude of thankfulness. You will start to realize how good your life really is.
Change Your Attitude
You can change your attitude from negative to positive just by living in gratitude. Just like we train our bodies in the gym we can train our minds to go to the positive and find the gratitude in the moment. AN EXAMPLE - My car, I always had a SUV. I have 2 giant dogs. I hike and bike and am schelping things from client to client. Temporarily, I am driving a tiny Ford Focus with a stick shift. At first, I hated it!! I had no space; my dogs took up the whole car and I was miserable. I knew I had to drive this car for a year so I needed to find a way to make peace with it, so I focused on being thankful and positive. I thought about, how lucky I am to have a car, I am grateful for how much money I am saving on gas, car payments and insurance, I have a stick shift that forces me to focus on the road so I cant text and drive which isn’t safe and will probably save me from getting in an accident … now when I get in my car its with appreciation, thankfulness and gratitude which totally changes my experience …
Sanaya Roman
“Appreciation is a doorway into your heart, it opens your heart and allows u to experience more love in your life” .
A Few Things To Practice So You Can Experience Living in Gratitude
Take a look at your house – say or write 5 things about your home that you are thankful for – Look at your relationship - we are really good at telling each other what we are doing wrong and not enough time expressing what we are doing right. Find the gratitude list 5 things you are grateful for about your relationship. If you are single list 5 things that are positive about being single. Take a look at your job – What are 5 things that you like about it? See your family – Write or say 5 things that you appreciate about your family.
Saying Thank You
Some of the simplest things we often take for granted. Its in giving gratitude for the simple things that we begin to see how lucky we really are and that each and every moment holds something to grateful for. THANK YOU – for the earth that we live on. THANK YOU – for the water we drink and bath in. I AM GRATEFUL – for the clothes on my back and the shoes that protect my feet. I AM BLESSED – to have food to eat. I AM THANKFUL – for the air that I breathe. I AM GRATEFUL – for that sun that shines. THANK YOU – for the roof over my head. GIVE THANKS FOR 5 SIMPLE THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE TAKEN FOR GRANTED.
Show Gratitude to Yourself!
Give thanks to yourself, for your life, all that you are and have accomplished even your shortcomings. Give thanks for your body and your health. EITHER WRITE OR TELL YOUR SELF HOW PROUD YOU ARE OF YOURSELF.
Visualization Exercise
WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED -THINK OF SOMEONE YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR AND THAT YOU APPRECIATE THEIR PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE. SOMEONE WHO HAS REALLY BEEN THERE FOR YOU AND HAVING THEM IN YOUR LIFE IS A TRUE BLESSING. See yourself standing in front of them face to face, placing your left hand on your heart on your right hand on theirs, take a deep breath in to your heart and FEEL all the love and gratitude you have for this person. Let that love beam out of your heart thru your hands into their heart. Now begin to tell them how much you appreciate them, and how having them in your life is a blessing and why that is. Allow the love and gratitude to pour out of your heart going right into their heart. When you are ready open your eyes.
Appreciate
CALL , WRITE OR EMAIL THEM AND EXPRESS YOUR HEART FELT GRATITUDE JUST AS YOU DID IN THE VISUALIZATION . Every night before bed say five things you are grateful for. It helps you rest better too...Whatever you appreciate and give thanks for will increase in your life. So starting today let gratitude be your new attitude.

http://www.modernmom.com/article-545...#jumpToArticle
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply