Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
BW1
Super Moderator

Quote:
they planted the idea I could trust their Higher Power
Trust God and clean house

It don't say trust everyone...When I place my trust completely on or in God-He will lead me to those persons that are trustworthy

The book uses the word "discretion"...In the Bible it is "discernment"..these are gifts that God can bestow upon us if we ask in Jesus's name.
BW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BW1 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 16

THANKS, GOD

“We thank God from the bottom of our heart that we know Him better.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 75

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

For what it’s worth: What a waste, all those years of drinking, painfully trying to escape a judging, punishing God. Or were those years necessary? After all, it was the agony of alcoholism that drove me to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, seeking only relief from the suffering, but finding hope and nourishment for my empty soul. That little taste of heaven on earth kept me coming back to those meetings. One day, I cannot pinpoint when, I came to believe there was a kind and merciful God who thought I was worth saving. I set about to know more about that God. Over the years of my sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous, I have come to know a Heavenly Father, who loves me just as I am, and who I can trust with every little detail of my being and my day today. For that, I am deeply grateful!

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 17

CRITICISM

“Remind the prospect that his recovery is not dependent upon people. It is dependent upon his relationship with God.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 99-100

“For he stands beside the needy, ready to save them from those who condemn them.” Psalm 109:31

For what it’s worth: Criticism, or anything I interpreted as criticism, could wound my heart. Enough alcohol would kill the pain before, but even after I was sober for years in Alcoholics Anonymous my heart would bleed easily. Many sober years were necessary for healing. The scars are still there, so I have to be on my guard and not take myself too seriously, because I can still be too sensitive, especially when criticized by loved ones. Now, when that occurs, I am blessed to have prayers that work, if I pause and work them. The Prayer of St. Francis and the Serenity Prayer certainly help. I also remind myself that my recovery does not depend upon my relationship with anyone but God. He loves me just as I am right now, and He is always ready to hold me in His open arms.

God bless you!
Joe W.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 18

CLOSER AND CLOSER

“When we drew near to Him He disclosed Himself to us!” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 57

“You will keep on guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.” Psalm 73:24

For what it's worth: Failure, shame, and fear caused it. I managed to distance myself faraway from God, but I could not hide from Him. "The Hound of Heaven" pursued me, found me, and carried me to a place He knew would bring me back to Him. And, indeed, it did. Alcoholics Anonymous gave me guides to show me how to climb the Steps that took me back to my Heavenly Father’s open arms. Now, thanks to His grace, instead of hiding, I try to grow closer to Him. And the closer I come, the more I am motivated to grow even closer.

God bless you!
Joe W.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 19

GOD IS GENEROUS

“Never could we recapture the great moments of the past.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 151

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” Isaiah 43:18

For what it's worth: How much of my past was lost to alcohol? How many precious moments of life are not remembered because of blackouts? However, I do not want to squander even more time by dwelling on the past. Instead, let me focus on the many joyful moments I have experienced in recovery. Let me be grateful much lost to alcohol has been restored, and dreams I never believed could possibly come true are now reality. Indeed, God is generous!

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 20

OUR CODE

“Love and tolerance of others is our code.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 84

“All of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.” 1 Peter 3:8

For what it’s worth: All my values were violated. It did not matter when I was drunk. But when I was sober in Alcoholics Anonymous, I felt the agony of an empty soul, and I desperately sought to fill it. Thank God that is what Alcoholics Anonymous did, fulfilling my need by joining a group of people accepting me, caring for each other, bound together in the same purpose, on the same path, sharing from the heart, seeking God as they understood Him. It was heaven to me. So, I’m still coming back. I want to do everything in my power to keep Alcoholics Anonymous like it was for me, full of love and tolerance of others. After all, that “is our code”.

God bless you!
Joe W.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 21

WHAT HAPPENED?

“Ideas, emotions, and attitudes which were once the guiding forces of the lives of these men are suddenly cast to one side, and a completely new set of conceptions and motives begin to dominate them.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 27

“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.” Job 8:21

For what it's worth: A miraculous transformation…a spiritual awakening… what truly describes what happen to me? A worthless, self-absorbed, miserable drunk now has value, cares deeply about others, and has a full life. What words explain it? I am unworthy of such wonder as has occurred deep within my being. I hurt many of God’s children. I remember the tears of despair and the shame of my sinful behaviors. I used to spit at myself in the mirror. Now I laugh at myself and enjoy feeling worthwhile and loved. I cursed God. Now I shout joyfully of His glory. What happened? I know without doubt such is possible only by my Heavenly Father’s love. How can I ever say "THANKS!"?

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 22

LIFE’S PLANS

“He (God) has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do by ourselves.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 25

“The Lord will work out his plans for my life - for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.” Psalm 138: 8

For what it's worth: All my plans sank in a flood of alcohol. I would have drowned with them, except that I was blessed to have washed up on high ground in Alcoholics Anonymous. When I finally dried out, I realized God had rescued me. I had sought to live without God, and my life was wasted. When I was a drunken, worthless fool, all alone and in despair, was that part of “his plans for my life”? Perhaps so, because God knew without Alcoholics Anonymous I could never be sober and worthwhile. I would never trust - with all my being - my Heavenly Father’s plan for my life is to never again be a drunken, worthless fool, all alone and in despair.

God bless you.
Joe W.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 23

THE GIFT

“Carry this message to other alcoholics! You can help when no one else can.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 89

“We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.” Romans 12:6

For what it's worth: There was no meaning in my life during my drinking years. I wandered around lost, with no direction, no purpose, until I finally found the welcoming arms of Alcoholics Anonymous. There I discovered a loving Higher Power who assigned me a mission in life and promised His grace to help me carry it out. God granted this unworthy and hopeless drunk a special gift, a daily reprieve, and my fellows in Alcoholics Anonymous taught me well to keep the gift I had to give it away. I believe such is God’s will for me today. Moreover, I am convinced I will have to answer to Him about how well I use His gift and carry the message to other alcoholics.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 24

GOD’S LOVE AT WORK

“Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 63:2

“For you are to be his witness, telling everyone what you have seen and heard.” Acts 22:15

For what it’s worth: There was no purpose to my alcoholic misery until God rescued me and guided me to Alcoholics Anonymous. There I was given a mission and Twelve Steps to prepare me to fulfill it. I remind myself each morning of my reason for being alive when I say my Third Step prayer. It tells me my agony has been removed so people can see what God can do. I am to be a living, breathing witness of His power and everlasting love. But I can be chained by complacency and ingratitude or hide in my comfort zone, so I beg my Heavenly Father each new day to free me from bondage of self and give me strength to do His will. I want to get up and out and be where people can see God’s love at work.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 25

ON AWAKENING…

"On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 86

"Let me hear of your unfailing love to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I have come to you in prayer." Psalm143:8

For what it's worth: I dreaded awakening for years. Each new day of my drinking was worse than the one before, promising more suffering and shame. The fear it would never end drove me to Alcoholics Anonymous. Relief came with sobriety and trust in a Higher Power. Today, when I awake, I am greeted with a sunrise of hope. I pray immediately, thanking God for His many blessings, and spending time with Him in prayer and meditation. It may be weak on many mornings, but my Heavenly Father still loves for me to come to Him. He reminds me I can trust His love and assures me He will guide my next step all day long. I have found even a short period of prayer and meditation makes the next 24 hours far better than anything I ever experienced in my diseased days.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 26

A SUNRISE IN MY SOUL

"I did not need to find God. I only needed an open mind, and the spirit found me." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 397

"...The love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:5

For what it’s worth: The only "spirit" given me was in a bottle and turned me from God for years during my alcoholic drinking. I certainly was not seeking God when I came to my first meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. I was searching for relief from my diseased, miserable existence. My mind was closed and locked with fear of God. I was sure, since I withdrew from Him, He would reject me. Once free of anesthetic alcohol, however, I began to feel the wrenching anguish of my dark, empty soul, and I was forced to unlock my mind about God. As soon as I turned the key with Step Two and “came to believe”, the Spirit rushed in with a ray of light gradually building into a sunrise in my soul. Being a drunk, I want more, and when I “practice these principles” in all my affairs and trust God’s unconditional love in my daily life, sunshine continues to brighten my soul and warm my heart.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 27

LET THE LIGHT SHOW

“Our behavior will convince them more than our words.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 83

“For though your hearts were once full of darkness, now you are full of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it!” Ephesians 5:8

For what it's worth: Knowing the self-centered drunk and hypocrite I was, it is difficult to believe this is me. And I am sure there are folks back home who would not believe it. But I am deeply grateful that God has brightened this once dark, empty soul with His grace. The light may still be dim at times, but the reflection of the Creator is much more apparent than when doused in alcohol. Today I want my behavior to reflect His light as clearly as humanly possible. Perhaps this will be a day someone sees the light in me and wants to follow God's way of life.

God bless you!
Joe W.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 28

HEALING THE HEART

"Then I began to heal emotionally, to experience feelings that had long been so deeply buried they had atrophied." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 345-346.

“My heart has heard you say, ‘Come and talk with me.’ And my heart responds, ‘Lord, I am coming.’" Psalm 27:8

For what it's worth: It was the best free therapy I have ever encountered. Never had my cold, contemptuous character experienced the "language of the heart" spoken at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. Members shared with a sincerity and honesty foreign to me. It touched my soul, a powerful magnet overpowering my stubborn resistance and repeatedly drawing me back to meetings. There people’s example showed me the way to break through my walls and be open and honest. Thinking back, I know it was a spiritual experience. God was calling to me to share with Him through you. As I did, my bleeding heart started to heal.

God bless you.
Joe W.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 29

FROM A LION TO A LAMB

“…Personality change sufficient to bring about recovery from alcoholism has manifested itself among us in many different forms.” Alcoholics Anonymous, Appendices II, Spiritual Experience

“He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart.” Isaiah 40:11

For what it's worth: God punished me enough during my diseased days, so I wanted nothing to do with Him even long into my sober days. One night at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, I loudly expressed my anger about a picture of the Good Shepherd hanging in the meeting room in a church. Like a menacing lion, I growled they should take it down. Those stubborn drunks did not. So, I showed them…I left the meeting. Many sober years later, I purchased that same picture and it hangs in my home today. The concept of a Good Shepherd holding a wayward, little lamb close to His heart kindles my spirit. I often see myself as the lamb. My Heavenly Father and Alcoholics Anonymous have transformed me from a roaring lion to a tame little lamb. (Well, “tame” may be stretching it.)

God bless you.
Joe W.
Post New ThreadReply