View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Answer with Faith

Answer with Faith

Then said David to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the ranks of Israel, Whom you have defied. —1 Samuel 17:45

I left home when I was eighteen, got a job, and started trying to take care of myself. I thought I got away from my problems at home because I physically walked away from it; but I didn’t realize I took it with me inside my soul. My mind and emotions were damaged and in need of healing. My will was rebellious and obstinate because I promised myself that nobody would ever hurt me again. My spirit was wounded. I was a broken-hearted person with a very negative attitude.

Today, by God’s grace, I am free from fear, negativity, and self-doubt. This doesn’t mean that these things never try to visit me, but I have learned that I can say “NO” to them just as easily as I can say, “YES.” When fear knocks on your door, answer with faith. When self-doubt knocks, answer with confidence! When negative thoughts or conversations come up, I am reminded by the Holy Spirit (or sometimes my husband) that being negative will not help anything or anyone, and I decide to change.

Lord, I want to have the heart of David and speak words of faith to the giants of fear and doubt in my life. Help me to remember Your name in all I do today. Amen.

From the book The Confident Woman Devotional: 365 Daily Devotions by Joyce Meyer.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links