View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
BW1
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why must I have a sponsor? Can't I do this on my own?
No!! I couldn't do this alone. I needed to learn how to trust and the relationship with another person helped me to learn that...first of all

then that 1-1 relationship helped me to learn to build and trust the God of my understanding so I could learn the importance of surrender, willingness acceptance and all those other vitally essential principles by watching that person take what was heard in the meetings out in life * put them into practice by utilizing them in every day life... "SEEING IS BELIEVING"...

The sponsor taught me about that really bad neighbor hood between my ears and how those old friends [Denial, Justification, Stinking thinkin, Rationalization, etc...] up there could sabotage my recovery if I continued to hang out with them or listen to them and the fact that change was within me and that change was everything and that was something I could certainly not do on my own. The sponsor encouraged me to be a part of not a part from. and praying for the guidance to do the next right thing in ALL my affairs

The list could go on and on but one of the many important lessons was that BEing the example was more important than my words, my beliefs or my opinions.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 03-19-2014 at 08:14 PM.
BW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BW1 For Sharing: