View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default My Sponsor, My Self

MY SPONSOR, MY SELF

My sponsor knows me better than anyone, and is a key person in my recovery. Until I was able to get completely honest with another man in A.A., my sobriety was limited and, at best, precarious.

My old sponsor had several good qualities. He was a nice guy. He understood me. He saw my side of every issue. He told me I was right even when I was clearly wrong. He said I could skip, meetings--after all, I had several years of not drinking under my belt. He said I had prayed so often in the past that I could scale back.

What happened? I got drunk. Then, I realized it's not a good idea to sponsor myself.

Since then, I have begun a new journey into the Twelve Steps. But this time, I am relying on my Higher Power to lead me through, along with help of my sponsor.

Received in email
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links