View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 14

Duty is what one expects from others - it is not what one does oneself.
--Oscar Wilde

Newcomer

I do intend to make amends to everyone I've harmed, but I still feel scared to think about it.

Sponsor

The prospect of facing someone to whom we owe amends may bring up unnecessary fear if we cling to our old notion that we do everything alone.

We can plan to telephone a sponsor or program friend both before and after making the amend. We can ask for help from our Higher Power, praying for the willingness to make the amend, for the ability to speak our truth simply and clearly, and for the serenity that comes from understanding that another person's response is not in the realm of things we can control. Tools work, when we're willing to use them. As always, faith is the antidote to fear. If we feel that our faith is insufficient, we can listen to others in recovery sharing about their experience of the loving presence of a Higher Power - we can borrow from others' reserves of faith, when our own are low.

Today, I'm not alone, I allow myself to ask for and accept the support I need and deserve.

You are reading from the book:

If You Want What We Have by Joan Larkin
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote