View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #113
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Living Is a Privilege

When we were overeating, how often did we drag ourselves out of bed wondering how we were going to make it through the day? Many of us felt that life was treating us unfairly, and we blamed those around us for our misery. We may have thought we believed in a Power greater than ourselves, but we were unable to apply the belief so that it made a difference in the way we were living. Trying to manage our own life pushed us further and further into despair.

The OA program shows us how to commit our will and our life to the management of God. We stop trying to "go it alone," and we listen for His direction. By the grace of our Higher Power, we abstain from compulsive overeating one day at a time, and we walk a new way of humility and obedience.

Little by little, we recover in mind and body, and we no longer feel crushed by an uncaring fate. We accept each day as a gift from the hand of God, and we live it to the best of our ability.

Thank You for the privilege of living and abstaining today.
Like it says, I could go into the poor mes today, but in truth, I am moving much better than I though I would be able to and I am not hurting as much as I thought I would. When you look at things from a point of gratitude, things don't seem so bad.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote