View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #5
yukonm
Administrator

October 5

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

We urge you to try our program, for nothing will be so helpful to your husband as the radically changed attitude toward him which God will show you how to have. Go along with your husband if you possible can.
If you and your husband find a solution for the pressing problem of drink you are, of course, going to be very happy. But all problems will not be solved at once. Seed has started to sprout in a new soil, but growth has only begun. In spite of your new-found happiness, there will be ups and downs. Many of the old problems will still be with you. This is as it should be. - Pg. 117 - To Wives

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

You don't have to worry about your faults now or feel shame. None of us are near perfect, even if we've been clean and sober a long time. We strive for progress, not perfection.

Let me know I don't have to put up a front of perfection, my goal is progress in sobriety.

The Mystery

Today, I accept that part of myself that will never be satisfied, and I comfort and tame it. There is a place in me that knows it will never necessarily solve the eternal questions of life: Who am I and where do I come from, and where do I go when I die? Part of me wants to know the answers to these questions. But I am beginning to feel that the answer is to live fully in the question, to open to the mystery. Perhaps meaning is not knowing and understanding, but an acceptance of mystery, an embracing of the unknown. After all, it is this evanescent sense of mystery that gives even the most ordinary circumstance an eternal sort of glow - a sense of depth, a feeling that there is more.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Our greatest strengths taken too far become our greatest defects and our greatest defects tamed, become our virtues. Wrongly used, honesty can become brutal confrontation, nurturing can become 'I'll fix you,' and consistency can become inflexibility.

I examine my Fourth Step list and see how, properly used, each fault becomes a feature I desire.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Stark Raving Sober.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I am doing everything that I can to totally accept me as I am.

Today I am doing everything that I can to totally accept you as you are.

I am free to have an honest relationship with me and you today.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

The newcomers ask; 'How do I stay out of sexual relationships in early sobriety?' Sort of an 11th Step; 'Prayer and masturbation'. Fred.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote