View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 25

When we are feeling insignificant or unimportant, we can stop and remember the words of Psalm 139. God considers us important enough to have been involved in our lives even before we were born.

God knows and cares for each of us.

Every day I will use God’s lamp to light my path.

When we face hardship or tragedy, God can help us overcome it.

God does care about us. The Lord Jesus is powerful. He is always waiting for us to call out to him.

The forgiveness that is required is from ourselves. God already knows everything we think and do, and understands and loves us. There is an experience of forgiveness that is transforming, that lets us recognize that we are the beloved, the sons and daughters of the living God. We find that experience of God's unconditional and transforming love as we learn to forgive others and ourselves. Ask God, "Who would you have me forgive today?" Whoever comes to mind, start there. -- Mary Manin Morrissey

What we cannot do for ourselves, God will do for us.

THE SECRET Author Unknown
A woman named Frances once knew a young person at church named Debbie. Debbie always seemed effervescent and happy, although Frances knew she had faced struggles in her life. Her long-awaited marriage had quickly ended in divorce. She had struggled to get a grip on her single life. She hadn't chosen it, but she decided she would live it with utmost enjoyment and satisfaction.
Debbie was active in Sunday school, in the choir, as a leader of the junior high girls' group, and in the church renewal movement. Frances enjoyed knowing Debbie. Debbie's whole face seemed to smile and she always greeted Frances with a hug.
One day Frances asked Debbie, "How is it that you are always so happy you have so much energy, and you never seem to get down?"
With her eyes smiling, Debbie said, "I know the secret!"
"What secret is that? What are you talking about?" Frances asked.
Debbie replied, "I'll tell you all about it, but you have to promise to share the 'secret' with others."
Frances agreed, "Okay, now what is it?"
The secret is this: I have learned there is little I can do in my life that will make me truly happy. I must depend on God to make me happy and meet my needs. When a need arises in my life, I have to trust God to supply according to HIS riches. I have learned most of the time I don't need half of what I think I do. He has never let me down. Since I learned that secret I am happy.
Frances' first thought was, That's too simple! But upon reflecting over her own life she recalled how she thought a bigger house would make her happy - but it didn't! She thought a better-paying job would make her happy - but it hadn't.
When did she realize her greatest happiness? Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren, eating pizza and watching a movie, a simple gift from God. Debbie knew the secret, Frances learned the secret, and now you know it too! We can't depend on people to make us happy - only GOD in his wisdom can do that. Trust him.
And now I pass the secret on to you!

He Who Is Omnipotent by Larry Delia
Matthew 16:23 – But [Jesus] turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men." (NKJV)
This rebuke of Peter, whom Jesus had previously called a "rock", is one of His sayings that has stood out for me. One recent early morning, it came in very handy.
My wife became ill several months ago, and I brought her to the hospital. Her blood pressure was high and unstable. They admitted her for testing. The next day, they said that I could bring her home. When I entered her room, the head nurse said that she couldn't leave because her blood pressure was still very unstable. I left disappointed.
That night, I fell asleep on my living room couch. At exactly 3:00 a.m., I felt a cold hand grab my left arm. Immediately, I awoke and saw a hairless, slate-coloured, grey arm holding me down. I thought that someone had broken into my home. I couldn't see a face because he was wearing a monk's-style robe with an attached hood over his head. All at once, I knew that it wasn't a break-in. I was terrified. I felt an evil presence. He grabbed my right arm as I began to lift it, but I pulled it away. Remembering that my Bible was next to me on the coffee table, I placed my hand on it and yelled out loud, "Get behind me Satan, in the name of Jesus!" In a flash, he was gone. I believe that it was evil personified.
The following day, I was able to bring my wife home. Her blood pressure had stabilized and was back to normal. The doctors did not know what had happened or why, but I do. Praise God!
Wow! What a friend we have in Jesus! The sheer mention of His name is more powerful than any high-powered gun or rifle. I pray that those hearing or reading this will not have a similar experience, but if it does indeed occur, remember that our God is a true and living God Who is above all principalities. There is none else like Him.
Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, thank You for all that You do for us here on this earth. Sometimes, we forget that we can come to You for everything, whether great or small. All of our needs You are aware of. All we need to do is lay them at Your holy and blessed feet. Amen.

You can spend your time, waste your time, or invest your time. It's your choice.
We all have exactly 24 hours in one day. No more; no less. You will use that time on what you consider to be important.
No one else is forcing you to do anything. You only commit to things because you choose to; so, your schedule reveals your priorities. Examine your schedule, and you might be surprised when you discover what your priorities turn out to be.
Instead of scheduling your priorities around your life, you ought to schedule your life around your priorities.
What should those priorities be? In Matthew 6:33, Jesus says, "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Of the Ten Commandments, the very first commandment God gave was: "You shall have no other gods before me." The Bible is clear: God should be our number one -- most important -- priority.
In John 15:1-4, Jesus talks about pruning off things that produce no fruit. That is, he tells us to cut off anything that does not have meaningful, eternal value, which means that we are to get rid of anything that doesn't further our relationship with God. Clearly, God doesn't want to be number ten on a list of top ten priorities. In fact, God really doesn't even want to be number one on a list of ten; God wants to be number one on a list of one!
You could spend or waste your time doing meaningless things; or you could invest your time in order to achieve maximum eternal impact.
When you seek God as the only thing you need, he will take care of everything else (see Matthew 6:33). In Luke 10:38-42, we learn the story of Mary and Martha. As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." That's what it means to seek the only meaningful, eternal thing -- God.
Therefore, prune your life. List practical ways that you can cut out the junk in your life in order to focus on knowing God better, seeking him and knowing his word and his truth. That's the only thing needed -- that's how you invest your time wisely. Weekly Wisdom

Standing Strong Against Temptation from The Story Devotional
After fasting forty days and forty nights, [Jesus] was hungry. The tempter came to Him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread... Throw yourself down... Bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from Me, Satan!” — Matthew 4:2-3, Matthew 4:9-10
What a sweet time with the Lord this morning, the sun warming your back as God’s truth warmed your heart — and then came the phone call: “I got a pink slip, honey.”
The enemy’s timing can be too perfect. Too horribly perfect. A rich time with Jesus can fade to nothingness when the world crashes in.
In Matthew’s gospel, This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased. — Matthew 3:17
is immediately followed by, Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. — Matthew 4:1
Soul-wrenching temptation by the too-clever devil crashed in after Jesus’ empowering baptism and forty-day communion with the Father.
Yet, despite physical weakness after a forty-day fast, Jesus stood strong in God’s truth, countering Satan’s temptations with the Lord’s Word, and finally commanding the tempter to leave.
The devil left Him, and angels came and attended Him. — Matthew 4:11
The same weapon by which Jesus defeated Satan is available to you: The Word of God.

Thankful for Today by Angela Donadio
I woke up this morning and it was gone. Everything. Completely gone.
The hard, cold ground jutted into my back. Groggy and confused, I woke to find myself lying outside on the freshly-dewed dirt.
Where am I? Where is my house?
The fear in my voice pierced the morning air.
“Dale?” I cried. “Dale! Gabrielle? Christian?”
As I stood in the mound of mud which only the night before had housed my family, everything I owned, and twenty years of memories, confusion blurred into terror.
What is happening?
“Dale? Christian? Gabrielle!”
I could hear myself screaming frantically, yet I felt frozen and numb.
My cries sounded hollow and helpless against the stark realization that everything and everyone I held dear had vanished.
What I just described is my worst nightmare. But it is not my reality.
Instead, I sit comfortably at my kitchen table, typing on my iPad and sipping a cup of coffee. Dale searches for the dress shoes he misplaced after Sunday’s church service. Gabrielle’s music plays from upstairs as she counts down the last few times she’ll head to high school. It’s a pretty normal Monday morning.
Okay, so why the frightening introduction? While I was brushing my teeth this morning—in the comfort and safety of my home, not in the terrifying scene I just described, I heard a simple question on the Christian radio program:
“What if you only got to keep today, what you thanked God for yesterday?”
Ouch.
Immediately my mind raced. Did I thank God for anything yesterday?
Sure, I mean, I’m thankful you know, for my family, my house, and my ministry. But, when is the last time I thanked God?
I had to ask myself: What’s louder? My grateful heart or my complaining spirit?
I thought back over the last few days.
A honey-do list that isn’t finished. Complaints.
A teenager that seemed ungrateful for Mom’s hard work. Complaints.
A pet bunny that showed up at our house unannounced. Complaints.
A car that squeezed into my lane resulting in a dented fender. Complaints.
A knee that doesn’t want to heal from a recent surgery and a scale that doesn’t want to cooperate. Complaints.
What if? What if it were all gone? Vanished because I couldn’t shift my perspective to one of gratitude?
In God’s limitless grace, my wake-up call came in the form of a simple question, not a nightmare.
“What if I only got to keep today what I thanked God for yesterday?”
This one simple question has staggering repercussions. My thoughts are intentionally running a different race this morning: God, I’m thankful. Thankful that I have a house that needs a honey-do list. Thankful for a “honey” to do them. Thankful that a lot of families are handling far more unexpected challenges than a new bunny. Thankful that I have two teenagers when the doctors said I would have none. Thankful I have a car to drive—that was given to me, no less—and that the damage is slight. Thankful that I still have a knee and can still exercise and learn to love my limitations.
Thanks. A simple word with staggering repercussions.
What if we intentionally turned every complaint into an opportunity to give thanks? What if we offered gratitude for what we do have instead of grumbling about what we don’t have? When we ask God for a new perspective, anxiety and frustration will be the first things to vanish. If you’re like me, you didn’t wake up in a mound of dirt. And that’s a great start to a grateful heart.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. (1 Chronicles 16:34).

Joy In His Presence by Jennie Puleo
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever (Psalm 16:11).
A while back I had the privilege of meeting a woman whom I had admired from a distance for a long time. I had heard her unbelievable story of finding the comfort and peace of God in the midst of harrowing circumstances. I had seen how God had healed her heart and transformed her life in such a miraculous way. Now, she was ministering to others out of what she learned in those dark places of pain.
I had followed her story, read her words, and now I was seeing her face to face. What struck me immediately was the beautiful glow of her face. Though I had seen her pictures, none of them captured the light that radiated from her face. I know this may sound bizarre, but she actually appeared to have a slight glow, and she was stunningly beautiful. She looked years younger than her age would have revealed.
She exuded love, peace, and joy.
I knew from what she had written that she had found God and cultivated a relationship with Him during the most difficult and ugly times of her life. She had learned that the secret to having a full and joyful life (regardless of circumstances), was spending time in the presence of God. Reading His Word, talking to Him, and sitting still and quiet long enough to hear His voice and getting to know His heart was how she navigated life with grace and beauty. And this showed on her face.
I have come to know the peace and joy that can be experienced when I spend time in the presence of God. I have sensed this during many blessed and fruitful seasons of my life. However, I have also discovered that a fullness of joy can be experienced even when I am walking through life’s deepest and darkest valleys.
An amazing phenomenon occurs when one seeks the rest and comfort found only in the presence of God as we process heartache and grief; though the pain doesn’t disappear or go unfelt, a peace covers us as we release that anguish to God.
I liken it to a warm blanket on a cold night. The cold is still there. We may still feel the sting on our face or the bite on our fingers. But slowly, the tightness of our muscles relax as the warmth comes over us and the intensity of the cold is diminished. We find comfort in spite of the cold.
In the presence of God, we reside in peace, we discover joy, and we maintain perspective. Questions may still go unanswered, but we understand His sovereignty. By seeking His face, we discover His heart and we learn the sound of His voice.
Taking time out of our day to simply spend time with God by reading His Word and talking to Him will radically change our view of the world around us. It doesn’t need to be a formal or even structured event. Simply start a conversation. Be honest. Be real. Be intentional.

Pray All Day
Pray without ceasing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NRSV)
I recall the first time I read the verse in 1 Thessalonians that urges us to pray without ceasing. If I pray without ceasing, I thought, how will I have time to accomplish all the other tasks required of me during the day?
After thoughtful consideration, I realized how I could pray without ceasing.
I began to approach my daily tasks with a prayerful heart. I soon found that my work was more enjoyable when I turned it into an opportunity to commune with God. For example, during housecleaning I gave thanks for God’s order in my life. As I prepared meals, I prayed for those who would eat at my table and for those who do not have enough to eat. When weeding the garden, I imagined letting go of old hurts and prideful thoughts with each weed I pulled.
Each moment in our lives presents a chance for prayer. I want to take advantage of every opportunity. --Monica A. Andermann
Thought for the Day: I will go through my day with a prayerful heart.
Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for hearing our prayers. May we always recognize the opportunities that can be turned into moments of communion with you. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You are a work in progress. Don't give up before you see the fruit of what I have called you to. When you get overwhelmed, step back and look at the big picture. Regain your vision so that you can see clearly where you are in the process, says the Lord. Keep your faith strong in Me instead of emphasizing the state of opportunities or performance. 1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

I know the difficulties that you have faced. I see where you are and what lies ahead, and I tell you truthfully that I am with you to bring you through all things. Never fear what you cannot perceive or understand, but trust Me to give wisdom and direction in every circumstance. I will not fail you, says the Lord. Psalm 91:1-7 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.

Let Me fill you with My presence--My glory. Seek Me. Wait on Me. Don't leave without making contact and knowing that we have communed together, says the Lord. It is My desire that we have a more intimate relationship and that you allow My Spirit to move you into a position where our mutual interests are fulfilled. Acts 3:19 "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

Do you feel the shift? Changes are taking place. It is a time when you will be able to bring many issues to resolution after feeling stuck. Problems will be solved supernaturally where natural solutions failed. Keep your head up, your ears attentive, and your eyes open as you set a watch for opportunities, says the Lord. Mark 13:33 "Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Rise up and take what I have given you. Take the word I have given you and apply it to your personal life. Do the work, and the blessings will come. They will come in order into the boundaries of the habitation I have given you. Come to the place where you can believe. Let your faith arise. Watch, stand fast in faith, be brave, be strong and you will receive. Don’t let the disappointment of the past hinder you. Come forth in new faith, with a new understanding that you are in the right time, place and season to receive all that I have for you. It is the fulfillment of your destiny.

I Refuse to be Discouraged by BJ George
I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
And here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
And I am on His team.
He is all-wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though other things are changeable,
My God remains the same,
My God knows all that's happening;
From beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.
When circumstances threaten me
To rob me of my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts in me,
And weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "Son of God", he is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God
He has promised to be with me,
As through this life I trod.
I'm looking past my circumstance,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory's mine;
He'll help me win the race.

Start Over by Woodrow Kroll
When you've trusted God and walked His way,
When you've felt His hand lead you day by day,
But your steps now take you another way -- Start over.
When you've made your plans and they've gone awry,
When you've tried your best and there's no more try,
When you've failed yourself and you don't know why -- Start over.
When you've told your friends what you plan to do,
When you've trusted them and they didn't come through,
And now you're all alone and it's up to you -- Start over.
When you've failed your kids and they're grown and gone,
When you've done your best but it's turned out wrong,
And now your grandchildren have come along -- Start over.
When you've prayed to God so you'll know His will,
When you've prayed and prayed and you don't know still,
When you want to stop cause you've had your fill -- Start over.
When you think you're finished and want to quit,
When you've bottomed out in life's deepest pit,
When you've tried and tried to get out of it -- Start over.
When the year has been long and successes few,
When December comes and you're feeling blue,
God gives a January just for you -- Start over.
Starting over means "victories won";
Starting over means "a race well run."
Starting over means "God's will done"--
So don't just sit there....

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him [Christ] who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:11-13

Ephesians 5:8—“For you were once darkness, but now that you are light in the Lord, walk as children of light.”

The Lord said to Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” - Jeremiah 1:5

Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

The psalmist wrote, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” - Psalm 119:105

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. -- James 4:10

Fixers by Sally I. Kennedy
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3)
I am into fixing things. If something breaks, get out the scotch tape, superglue, or bandages. I come from a long line of fixers. We all knew my dad could fix anything, from a picture frame that fell apart to a table leg that had broken. All you had to do was take it to him and you knew he would get it fixed and back to you.
My husband is a fixer, too. Our granddaughter says emphatically, when something like a flat tire on her bike needs fixing, or a splinter in her finger, “Go to PopPop. He can fix that.”
There are some things we just cannot fix, though, no matter how hard we try. We cannot fix broken hearts. That is a real tough one, but not too hard for our God.
Luke 1:37 tells us, “nothing is impossible with God”. The Lord himself said, “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26)
When we take our broken hearts to the healer, the One who created our hearts, we can have them fixed. The only real fix for a broken heart is the Lord….His mercy, His kindness, His gentleness, and most of all His loving presence. He is not only the ultimate creator, He is the ultimate fixer. That is good news.

Prayer for the Working
"Lord Jesus, as I enter this work place, I bring your presence with me. I ask Your peace, Your grace, and Your perfect order to penetrate the atmosphere of this office. I acknowledge Your Lordship over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and accomplished within these walls. Lord Jesus, I thank You for the gifts you have deposited in me. I do not take them lightly but commit to using them responsibly and well. Give me a fresh supply of truth and beauty on which to draw as I do my job. Anoint my creativity, my ideas, my energy, so that even my smallest task may bring You honor. Lord, when I am confused, guide me. When I am weary, energize me. Lord, when I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it, bring hope, life, and courage to all I come in contact with today. And, Oh Lord, even in this day's most stressful moments, may I rest in You. In the mighty Name that is above all Names, in the Matchless Name of my Lord and Savior Jesus, I pray, Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Job 23
1 Then Job answered and said, 2 Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning. 3 Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! 4 I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. 5 I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me. 6 Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me. 7 There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge. 8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: 9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: 10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. 11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. 12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. 13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. 14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. 15 Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. 16 For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me: 17 Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither hath he covered the darkness from my face.

Dear God, help us to look and listen for your word in all its forms and to realize that our strength lies in our unifying love of you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links