View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 17

My God the King

In the name of Jesus, I will exalt You, my God the King; every day I will praise You and extol Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; Your greatness no one can fathom. I commend Your works to the next generation and tell of Your mighty acts. I speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and I meditate on Your wonderful works, and proclaim Your great deeds. Together we celebrate Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of Your righteousness. Great is our God, our King! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 145:1-7

Lord God, who keepest truth to generations, and who through love and wisdom hath gathered us into nations, forgive me for what I have done that is wrong, and for what I have neglected that was right. May I give greater loyalty to my country and to thee. Amen.

Godly Gain

1 Timothy 6:1-10

Dear Father, whose truth is gentle, Help us to find a heart to serve you, even in oppressive circumstances.

Grant that our religion may not be a ground of conceit. May we not love controversy, but rather avoid wrangling and contention. Help us witness to your truth to others, but let it always be done in a spirit of gentleness and truth-seeking.

May none of us be guilty of using anything connected with our faith as a means of worldly gain. Help us to accept the great gain that comes with a godliness combined with contentment.

We brought nothing into this world. You show us that we can take nothing out, except for the treasures we lay up in heaven. Help us to be content and not to seek material riches.

In the name of Jesus I ask. Amen.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for holding open the way into our hearts and for bringing us the peace of Jesus Christ. Help us to keep this way open. Grant us peace in this tempest-torn world. Grant us peace when many struggles and uncertainties try to occupy our hearts. We have no strength in ourselves, only in him who is standing at our side and who will never forsake us, who lives and gives strength. His light will always break in anew among us men. His light will shine on many people and lead them to the promised day, the day that will bring all our hopes to fulfillment. Amen.

Dear Father, as I face this day I know there will be things that happen that are not in my control. Please guide me and help me through as I may not be able to find my way.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote