View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

As you sponsor others, remember this: If you are trying to recreate someone in your own image, then one of you will be redundant.

My job as a sponsor is to model, not mold, recovery for my sponsees.
This is from today`s reading, and really spoke to me. I had some good sponsors and some strong support, that showed me the way, and this is one of the things I was told.

You are not trying to make them into you, you are helping them to find themselves.

Sponsoring isn`t about how you would have them go and be. It is about who their God wants them to be and the way He would have them go. All I can do is share my experience, strength and hope, what they choose to do with it, is none of my business. I offer the gifts and blessing that have been given to me with the hope it will help someone else.

Unconditional love and acceptance of where you are and where they are. We travel this road of recovery together, some have more luggage than others, some haven`t been on it as long as some of us, yet it is one day at a time. Often when you are in the midst of something, you can`t see it or you get overwhelmed by it, so it is then that I reach out to the greatest Sponsor of all, my God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote