Language of Letting Go
Today's Gift
Touchstones (Men)
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Walk In Dry Places
Keep It Simple

Alcoholics Anonymous - First Edition

Chapter 8 - TO WIVES *

WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS, our book thus far has spoken of men. But what we have said applies quite as much to women. Our activities in behalf of women who drink are on the increase. There is every evidence that women regain their health as readily as men if they try our suggestions.

* The fellowship of Al-Anon Family Groups was formed about thirteen years after this chapter was written. Though it is entirely separate from Alcoholics Anonymous, it uses the general principles of the A.A. program as a guide for husbands, wives, relatives, friends, and others close to alcoholics. The foregoing pages (though addressed only to wives) indicate the problems such people may face. Alateen, for teen-aged children of alcoholics, is a part of Al-Anon.
If there is no Al-Anon listing in your local telephone book, you may obtain further information on Al-Anon Family Groups by writing to its World Service Office: Box 862, Midtown Station, New York, NY 10018-0862

p. 104

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

May I be an example to those whose lives touch mine. --Shelley

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. --Chinese Proverb

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. --Walter Elliott

There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. --French Proverb

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

FREEDOM

"Freedom comes from human
beings, rather than from laws and
institutions."
-- Clarence Darrow

The disease of alcoholism does not live in bottles or books. It lives in
people. Drug problems are people problems. Sobriety exists in the
man, not the theory.

In this sense recovery must be experienced, rather than simply talked
about. The Program is essentially not written in books or taught in
lecture rooms but is lived in the lives of people; the program stems
from the heart of man.

I believe the program is that spark of divinity that God has bestowed
upon all of us --- and we must discover it within.

Teach me to remember that to think a smile without revealing a smile
is to be grumpy.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalms 19:14

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Ephesians 6:10

But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts up my head. Psalm 3:3

Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD. Psalm 150

Daily Inspiration

Closeness with family makes us one in heart and mind. Lord, help me to fill our home with love and make it our safe haven from the troubles of the world.

Forget what you have done for others and remember what they have done for you. Lord, a gift is given freely with no expectation. May I become a truly giving person.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: