February 7

Daily Reflections

http://www.aa.org/lang/en/aareflecti...14&rdm=2&rdd=7

As Bill Sees It

http://upperpeninsulaoa.com/wp-conte...BillSeesIt.pdf
http://csoaamaine.org/absi/

Alcoholics Anonymous - First Edition

Chapter 7 - WORKING WITH OTHERS

Why sit with a long face in places where there is drinking, sighing about the good old days. If it is a happy occasion, try to increase the pleasure of those there; if a business occasion, go and attend to your business enthusiastically. If you are with a person who wants to eat in a bar, by all means go along. Let your friends know they are not to change their habits on your account. At a proper time and place explain to all your friends why alcohol disagrees with you. If you do this thoroughly, few people will ask you to drink. While you were drinking, you were withdrawing from life little by little. Now you are getting back into the social life of this world. Don’t start to withdraw again just because your friends drink liquor.

p. 102

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

http://www.aa.org/1212/

God, the Master Artist, sees the whole picture and desires to make something delightful of us. --Gene L. Lankford

The joy is in the journey.

Life didn't end when I got sober -- it started.

Situations I fear are rarely as bad as the fear itself.

If faith without works is dead, then willingness without action is fantasy.

Resentment is like acid, eating away at the vessel it is stored in.

Walk softly and carry a Big Book.

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

CHILDLIKE

"In every child who is born, under
no matter what circumstances,
and of no matter what parents, the
potentiality of the human race is
born again."
-- James Agee

Today I am able to believe and see the God-given dignity of the human race in
the faces and lifestyles of others. In the challenge and rebelliousness of youth is
the hope for tomorrow.

Today I can associate myself with the need to question, risk and "be
outrageous". Today I can play, laugh at myself and own my craziness. Today I do
not need to be perfect.

When I used drugs, I was so judgmental, serious and controlling. Everything had
to have a place, or an answer, or be acceptable to others. My moments of guilt
were caused by my inability to please others.

Today I can be childlike and identify with the radical message for tomorrow: "to
thine own self be true!"

I see a child looking at the stars and I smile; I am that child.

O sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples. For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; he is to be revered above all gods.
Psalm 96:1-4

I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had no opportunity to show it. Not that I am referring to being in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:10-13

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Daily Inspiration

There is no moment like right now. Lord, help me start one thing today that I have been putting off.

Spend less time trying to change and more time making the best of who you are. Lord, help me daily to put Your words into action.

Each Day a New Beginning (Women)
Food for Thought
Language of Letting Go
Today's Gift
Touchstones (Men)
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Walk In Dry Places
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: