February 6

Daily Reflections

http://www.aa.org/lang/en/aareflecti...14&rdm=2&rdd=6

As Bill Sees It

http://upperpeninsulaoa.com/wp-conte...BillSeesIt.pdf
http://csoaamaine.org/absi/

Alcoholics Anonymous - First Edition

Chapter 7 - WORKING WITH OTHERS

You will note that we made and important qualification. Therefore, ask yourself on each occasion, “Have I any good social, business, or personal reason for going to this place? Or am I expecting to steal a little vicarious pleasure from the atmosphere of such places?” If you answer these questions satisfactorily, you need have no apprehension. Go or stay away, whichever seems best. But be sure you are on solid spiritual ground before you start and that your motive in going is thoroughly good. Do not think of what you will get out of the occasion. Think of what you can bring to it. But if you are shaky, you had better work with another alcoholic instead!

pp. 101- 102

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

http://www.aa.org/1212/

We can teach the faith by the way we face what each day brings. --Damaris Hernandez

"Courage is fear that has said its prayers." --One Day at a Time in Al-Anon

"I said to a man who stood at the gate of the year: Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown." And he replied, "Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than a light and safer than a known way." --Minnie L. Haskins

The greatest gift you receive from loving someone is Loving Someone.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. --Mother Teresa

The solution is simple. The solution is spiritual.

S T E P S = Solutions To Every Problem in Sobriety.

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

LIES

"Christ cannot possibly have been
a Jew. I don't have to prove that
scientifically. It is a fact!"
-- Joseph Goebbels

Today I know that if a lie is said loudly enough, often enough, with ceremony and ritual,
people will believe it. I can identify with the above statement: I said I was not alcoholic
because I did not drink every day, in the mornings, all day and I was too young! People
believed me. Some people still choose to believe this lie.

Spirituality requires that I not only confront the lies in other people but also in myself.
Usually if I am angry at the remarks of others, it is because they remind me of myself.
Today I seek not simply to condemn but to understand.

May I continue to learn from the criticism I make of others.

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:4-5

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:5-8

Daily Inspiration

It is better to try and fail than to fail because you are afraid to try. Lord, grant me the courage to live my life to the fullest.

Learn to be peaceful in all situations and trust that through all stages of our lives, God has a plan. Lord, may I have the wisdom to be able to turn my stumbling blocks into building blocks.

Each Day a New Beginning (Women)
Food for Thought
Language of Letting Go
Today's Gift
Touchstones (Men)
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Walk In Dry Places
Start Your Day With God
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: