February 3

Daily Reflections

http://www.aa.org/lang/en/aareflecti...14&rdm=2&rdd=3

As Bill Sees It

http://upperpeninsulaoa.com/wp-conte...BillSeesIt.pdf
http://csoaamaine.org/absi/

Alcoholics Anonymous - First Edition

Chapter 7 - WORKING WITH OTHERS

We meet these conditions every day. An alcoholic who cannot meet them, still has an alcoholic mind; there is something the matter with his spiritual status. His only chance for sobriety would be some place like the Greenland Ice Cap, and even there an Eskimo might turn up with a bottle of scotch and ruin everything! Ask any woman who has sent her husband to distant places on the theory he would escape the alcohol problem.

p. 101

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

http://www.aa.org/1212/

Decide to be happy, knowing it's an attitude, a habit gained from daily practice, and not a result or payoff. --Denis Waitley

I depend on God, as God has a plan for my life. --Shelley

If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. --Lao Tzu

Only if we follow can God lead the way. --Sandra Roberts Still

To live with the least amount of frustration, you must remind yourself that everything always works out for the best.

Make the most of every situation, especially those you dread.

Father Leo's Daily Meditation

STATISTICS

"There are three kinds of lies,
lies, damned lies and statistics."
-- Benjamin Disraeli

I used to be able to hide behind anything --- even statistics. Figures,
and the quoting of figures, can expand the ego and keep you sick.
They can confuse the issues by making everything complicated.

In the field of alcoholism statistics are important for comparison and
research but they can never be a substitute for a "rigorous honesty"
that is based upon personal experience. I do not think that statistics
alone stopped a person from drinking, but the sharing of a personal
suffering and victory can produce an identification that leads to
change.

As a recovering alcoholic I need to know the statistics concerning my
disease but I also need to know that today's recovery is based upon
yesterday's honest sharing.

Let me always see the faces behind the numbers.

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalms 91:4

I sought the Lord and He answered me. Psalm 34:4

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you--you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?' or ‘What will we drink?' or ‘What will we wear?' For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. "So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:25-34

Daily Inspiration

As God's children we have inherited all of His promises. Faith in You, Lord, refreshes my soul as nothing else can.

To have courage, think courageous, act courageous, and pray to God for courage. Lord, You are full of love for all who come to You.

Each Day a New Beginning (Women)
Food for Thought
Language of Letting Go
Today's Gift
Touchstones (Men)
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Walk In Dry Places
Start Your Day With God
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: