View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 06:53 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 12

Control robs us of serenity.

The Serenity Prayer, when relied on, changes the very nature of our lives. The reality is that most of our troubles result from an unwillingness to give up controlling the many people we encounter. What they are doing is seldom relevant. We simply want them to answer to us!

There is so much we cannot change. Yet our stubbornness leaves us frustrated, depressed, and in near constant conflict. Nonetheless, there is an easy solution. It's the first prayer we heard in a Twelve Step meeting. We can ask God for wisdom so we can change only what is ours to change and accept all the rest. Wisdom will come. And so will the serenity we deserve.

God, grant me serenity today, along with wisdom and acceptance, so I can fulfill your will.

You are reading from the book:

A Life of My Own by Karen Casey
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote