View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

When all else is lost, the future still remains.
--Christian Bovee

Ours is a program of hope. We sit in meetings and give each other hope. For no matter how long we have been sober - five days or thirty years - there will be times when we feel horrible. This is life. In everyone's life there are times of wonderful joy, but also times of incredible pain.

If we act from our values and the spiritual principles given to us by our Higher Power, pain will be transformed into growth and new understanding. Pain is transitory and softens with time.

These are the lessons of recovery. Bad times can be transformed into growth and joy.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I give You my pain and I ask You to show me the lessons I'm to learn. I ask for Your help in holding on to hope. Help me to never forget that You and others are with me.

Today's Action

Today I will list the times during my active addiction that I felt most hopeless. Then I will think of what lessons I learned from these moments. How did others, my Higher Power, and I transform these moments?

You are reading from the book:

God Grant Me... by Anonymous
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote