View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you, I do understand what you mean. With me, I thought I had an understanding and everyone else was off the wall and needed enlightenment. It didn't matter that I was angry at God, the whole world, with a big chip on my shoulder. It was the only God I understanding I knew, I had been brought up in a very strict Gospel Church, where to my mind, everything was "Thou Shall Not." My misunderstanding was my attitude, which said, "Why Not. "

In the 12 & 12 in says, `God of our understanding`and later in the Steps, it says, `God of our understanding` because as a result of working the Steps, you have come to understand God.

Seventh Step Prayer:

When ready, we say something like this:

Quote:
"My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding, Amen."
You can`t know something you have never been taught. I was taught things and I found them to be false information. You can`t do if you don`t know, you can`t force feed these Steps, you can go through the motions, but they don`t heal and change you if you are not honest, open-minded, and willing.

Thanks for your great shares.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: