View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 27

Prayer for the Morning

Holy Father, who watches over your children by night and by day; blessed Jesus, my food and my strength; sweet Holy Spirit, the light and guide of my soul; I thank you for this new day and pray that you will watch over me. May my thoughts, my words and actions reflect the Spirit that dwells within me. And may every minute of my life celebrate the gift of grace, earned by the blood of Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

For the Forgotten

O merciful God, take pity on those souls who live this day alone, without friends or family, forgotten by all. Bring the comfort of your Spirit to them, I pray, and let them know the most blessed company of all. Grant them to find the consolation of friendship in this life, and bring them into the light of your word, so that when they pass from this life, they may find eternal joy. Amen.

For Open Eyes

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open my eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open my eyes that I may always value and appreciate all who are part of my life. Open my eyes that I may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open my eyes so that I share your vision and see truly and deeply, outside of myself. Amen.

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

Delivered

Today, I give thanks unto the Father…who has delivered me from the power of darkness, and has translated me into the kingdom of His dear Son. You brought me forth with joy and gladness. I live in the kingdom of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Once I was darkness, but now I am shining light in the Lord, and my goal is to live as a child of light in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Reading Col. 1:12-13 Psalm 105:43 Romans 14:17
Ephesians 5:8

Dear Lord Jesus, how can I share all that it means to me to have You as the center of my life? How can I explain the joy and the peace that have come into my life since I have known You? ... God drew me to You,* and I accepted You as my Lord and Savior, but it can all be summed up in seven words -- You love me, and I love You! What a really "forever" meaning these words can have! ... The only way to experience the depth of their significance is to step out in faith, and to live a life of commitment, honesty, trust and forgiveness -- a life of sharing and caring, a life that brings an inner peace and joy! ... When I decided to commit myself to seeking Your will for my life, and then, with Your help, living in obedience to it, then I found that counting my blessings daily was better than counting my "have nots," and that You are indeed adequate to satisfy all of my needs. ... Thank You, Lord, for Your presence in my life; help my daily living to reflect You, as I seek to share You with others.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (See John 6:44)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord Jesus, you took young children in your arms and blessed them. Many times we find in the Gospel that you touched people and cured them. Place your hands on us today that we may know your healing in our lives. May we live in such a way that we help to bring healing and peace and reconciliation to those who share our lives each day. Amen.

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise. I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame. Psalm 138:1–2, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for your mercy and for your great goodness and power, revealed to us through the ages and in the present time. We live by your revelation, Lord God Almighty, for you perform wonders on earth and you reign in heaven so that heaven can bless and help us on our earthly pilgrimage. Grant that your loving-kindness and your justice may be revealed through all the world. Come, O Lord our God, bring the light for us who believe in you, and be the light for the whole world. Glory to your name, for you are indeed our Father in heaven and on earth, and you give certainty for our life in time and in eternity. Amen.

Father, We thank you. We praise you for your never ending presence and goodness. How excellent is your name in all the earth. The distractions of Satan have no place in our lives. May praise flow freely and continually from our mouths. We trust that the enemy, the avenger is stilled.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: